PDA

View Full Version : MR-02/MR-015 parts

malcon
2009.01.29, 11:49 PM
Hello everybody. I'm just getting into these MINI Z cars and I really like what I'm seeing everybody do with them. I just ordered the MR-015 because it was a MINI Cooper S body.
On *************** it said that that model shared alot of parts with the MR-02.
I was looking into getting parts for the car and was wondering if it were possible for it to be a MM motor instead of a HM. I'm seeing alot of MM parts etc but not to much HM parts.
Any Advise?

I'm assuming since the body is smaller maybe it cant have the MM and needs the wheels closer to the middle of the chassis. Am I on board with this?

thanks again!
-Malcon

EMU
2009.01.30, 12:07 AM
You are correct about your assumption. The shortest wheelbase that an MM body can be is 94mm, with an aftermarket mount. The Mini is a 90mm body. Due to the fact that there is no room behind the rear axle, they must use a HM configuration where the motor is above the rear axle.

Almost all of the parts are interchangable for the MR02 to the MR015, the only part that stands alone is the tie rod, which is 5mm shorter for the MR015 than the MR02.

Rear damper setups are the same on the MR015 to the MR02. The main differentiating factor for a damper setup, is the wheelbase and motormount used. The stock HM mount doesnt have the ability to use a disc damper, there isnt enough room for suspension travel when installed, since it hits the motor. There is an aftermarket alloy HM mount made by Atomic, that allows the use of a disc damper. This mount has been out of production for a while, but if you look hard enough you may be able to find it. The part number is AR83, and is the only aftermarket HM mount available.

Hope this info helps...

Pierro
2009.01.30, 01:36 AM
Hello!

Another difference between MR015 and MR02 is the offset of the front wheels. (The MR02 is wider) so if you buy an MR02 body, your wheels will look too "inside" the body.

But there is plenty options to find the wheels you need. (Atomic, other kyosho body, 3 racing, Tagu, PN...)

EMU
2009.01.30, 01:44 AM
You will see an MR02 width tower set on the market VERY soon... Which will allow using the MR015 chassis and an MR02 tie rod with the same offsets as the MR02.

malcon
2009.01.30, 12:13 PM
awesome this is good to know. I'll try and find one of those.
I'm looking to rebuild it stronger, and so it looks nicer. I recently ordered the chili motor and a V2 board.
I'm still reading on the forums to find other suggestions for the cars.
I'm really excited about these.
At my job alot of people have smaller rc cars and after lunch we race them in the parking garage. its a good stress relief. So i wanted to get involved. but i dont want to bring my 1/10 car.

thanks again for all the info.
:D

fastharry
2009.03.25, 09:21 AM
You are correct about your assumption. The shortest wheelbase that an MM body can be is 94mm, with an aftermarket mount. The Mini is a 90mm body. Due to the fact that there is no room behind the rear axle, they must use a HM configuration where the motor is above the rear axle.

Almost all of the parts are interchangable for the MR02 to the MR015, the only part that stands alone is the tie rod, which is 5mm shorter for the MR015 than the MR02.

Rear damper setups are the same on the MR015 to the MR02. The main differentiating factor for a damper setup, is the wheelbase and motormount used. The stock HM mount doesnt have the ability to use a disc damper, there isnt enough room for suspension travel when installed, since it hits the motor. There is an aftermarket alloy HM mount made by Atomic, that allows the use of a disc damper. This mount has been out of production for a while, but if you look hard enough you may be able to find it. The part number is AR83, and is the only aftermarket HM mount available.

Hope this info helps...

Does Atomic make a top caster rod?...

I found an Ar38, but everyone where I race is only running the stock or the Kyosho damping unit.... I have my Mr02 set up with the PN plate and Atomic top shock, and it runs very well...

I would like to use the same set-up as I believe that a good set-up should apply to any chassis..and if it works on a MR12, it will work on the 15 ...

any thoughts on 15 set-up?...thanks