PDA

View Full Version : MHS Bracket Racing

JuniorWKR
2009.01.31, 09:00 PM
MHS is officially running Bracket Races...

Racing will take place on Sat at 3pm... Winner will recieve a MHS gift certificate....

xrayminiz4life
2009.01.31, 09:15 PM
MHS is officially running Bracket Races...

Racing will take place on Sat at 3pm... Winner will recieve a MHS gift certificate....

what are the rules...what's the deal with bracket racing....

JuniorWKR
2009.01.31, 09:55 PM
Today was the first ever MHS bracket race and it was a great success...

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26574&stc=1&d=1233454684

Cars - (center) Mark Runtic (from left to right) Junior, George, Aja, Joey, Maj

It was an exciting day of racing. After running 3 qualifiers, awarding Maj with the TQ point and sorting out rest of field we ran the main...

Here is the Handicaps heading into the main...
Maj - 1 lap
Joey - 1 lap
Mark - 1 lap
Junior - 2 laps
Aja - 6 laps
George - 9 laps

It was the most fun ive had racing at Majs in a while... it was the first race ive ever ran in when everyone was battling for the first position.... with the handicaps in place it was anyones race...

Here are the results prior to the handicaps being put in place...
5 min main

position laps time pace best
1 - Mark 38 5:03.13 7.98 29 / 7.00
2 - Maj 38 5:03.66 7.99 2 / 7.08
3 - Joe 38 5:06.09 8.05 34 / 7.08
4 - Jr. 36 5:06.70 8.52 15 / 7.51
5 - Aja 33 5:03.44 9.20 29 / 7.82
6 - George 28 5:05.54 10.91 13 / 8.98

After the dust settled and handicaps were applied a winner was crowned and he walked away with the first ever MHS Bracket Race Gift Certificate

1 - Mark (Winner)
2 - Aja
3 - Maj
4 - Joey
5 - Junior
6 - George

Thanks to Maj for putting together Sat racing for us and to all the guys for making another exciting day of racing..... see ya next Sat...

bermbuster
2009.01.31, 10:10 PM
It was a blast today....
Heck I was in the money literally almost the whole main...
It was pretty intense but just pure fun....
I cant wait till next saturday....
How about the pace....We started at 4:30 and we were done by 6.....
3 qualifiers and the main.....

xrayminiz4life
2009.01.31, 10:15 PM
sounds cool...maybe i can get away from the house next saturday for a couple hours to give it a try....

bermbuster
2009.01.31, 10:24 PM
what are the rules...what's the deal with bracket racing....

you must use the same car/body for all races.

try your best to get tq ....sandbaggers will be hacked, harrassed and heckled.....

based on your qualifying you will be given a handicap.
TQ gets one more lap....

No marshalls in the event of a crash (upside down car or one that left the track) the driver who is crashed yells STOP the race restarts on his command of GO once the car or cars are back on the track....REMEMBER this eats up lap time and the less we crash the more laps we get....
Any bump, tap, spinout or crash will cost you in the longrun....
Running clean means more laps....

The winner is the racer who has the most laps (main + handicap)
In the event of a tie the lowest race time wins....
Mark beat AJ today by milliseconds......

joey
2009.01.31, 11:49 PM
alot of fun today... let me get back to packing my 10th scale gear for tomorrow ;)...

cant wait for next weeks bracket race..

JuniorWKR
2009.02.01, 03:24 PM
it was alot of fun... and Maj stated that the larger sat racing becomes the greater the gift certificates get and 1st through 3rd will receive one... cant wait for next sat.... i now realize you dont have to run your fastest car but your most consistent car... Mark won it with his 015...

JuniorWKR
2009.02.01, 10:35 PM
Hey Maj this bracket race has brought alot of interest and questions... i think an offical rules sheet from you is needed...

i think what is needed is a general explanation of bracket racing, rules as far as what you can run, what is the lap cap on the main and so on.... what the winners will recieve... I think next sat is gonna be a big turnout and i think we need to be ready so everyone is on the same page...

xrayminiz4life
2009.02.01, 11:09 PM
Hey Maj this bracket race has brought alot of interest and questions... i think an offical rules sheet from you is needed...

i think what is needed is a general explanation of bracket racing, rules as far as what you can run, what is the lap cap on the main and so on.... what the winners will recieve... I think next sat is gonna be a big turnout and i think we need to be ready so everyone is on the same page...

i sure am gonna do what i can to get there next saturday...this sounds interesting...a rule sheet would be helpful though....

JuniorWKR
2009.02.02, 10:21 AM
the cool thing about bracket racing is the more people that show up the greater the gift certificate... and if enough show up Maj may be able to go first, second and third with the gift certificates... So lets all do what we can to make this happen as i can tell you first hand that when everyone is running their lead lap the racing is intense....

bermbuster
2009.02.02, 12:33 PM
the cool thing about bracket racing is the more people that show up the greater the gift certificate... and if enough show up Maj may be able to go first, second and third with the gift certificates... So lets all do what we can to make this happen as i can tell you first hand that when everyone is running their lead lap the racing is intense....
no doubt...i was squeezing and twisting the remote giving it body english trying to squeeze in more laps. I havent tried so hard in a long time. What made me feel good is I made my handicap....

JuniorWKR
2009.02.02, 12:49 PM
no doubt...i was squeezing and twisting the remote giving it body english trying to squeeze in more laps. I havent tried so hard in a long time. What made me feel good is I made my handicap....

You definitly ran the best i have ever seen you run...

ruf993
2009.02.02, 05:53 PM
I'm realy glad you guys like the bracket racing... Just keeps the hobby (minZ) going.

If more people start showing up maybe we also make a points race... :D

who is going to make it for next weeks race:

I'm in (Maj)

xrayminiz4life
2009.02.02, 07:08 PM
I'm realy glad you guys like the bracket racing... Just keeps the hobby (minZ) going.

If more people start showing up maybe we also make a points race... :D

who is going to make it for next weeks race:

I'm in (Maj)

i'm in...(eric)

JuniorWKR
2009.02.02, 09:56 PM
im in.... even though Maj is gonna have to kick my sponsership so my wife still believes me... LOL

JuniorWKR
2009.02.08, 01:39 PM
02-07-09 Bracket Racing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet another exciting day of racing at MHS.... and yet again Mark walks away with a MHS gift certificate... for the second week in a row... it was good to see everyone there and really enjoyed racing with all of you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylmgfjbRDAY

bermbuster
2009.02.08, 04:36 PM
02-07-09 Bracket Racing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet another exciting day of racing at MHS.... and yet again Mark walks away with a MHS gift certificate... for the second week in a row... it was good to see everyone there and really enjoyed racing with all of you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylmgfjbRDAY

dang another week i have to miss....
Mark your looking pretty unstoppable....

xrayminiz4life
2009.02.13, 06:32 PM
Unfortunatly have to work tomorrow and wont be able to bracket race...sucks....

JuniorWKR
2009.02.13, 07:53 PM
Unfortunatly have to work tomorrow and wont be able to bracket race...sucks....

Thats alright dude... at least this way youl l be able to buy a boat next...;):D:D:D

xrayminiz4life
2009.02.13, 09:54 PM
Thats alright dude... at least this way youl l be able to buy a boat next...;):D:D:D

damn peer pressure...

bermbuster
2009.02.15, 10:01 AM
how was the racing????

Slubben
2009.02.15, 10:51 AM
Nobody raced yesterday. Which was probably good because I am so out of practice.

bermbuster
2009.02.15, 11:36 AM
Nobody raced yesterday. Which was probably good because I am so out of practice.

cant wait to get back and start running again myself...

looks like i picked up a new territory to service...
Latin America.....Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Venezsuala(sp??)
Im gonna be traveling my butt off....

Slubben
2009.02.15, 03:54 PM
Interesting places to travel to I am sure!!

JuniorWKR
2009.02.25, 09:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVvwt32Hr7g&fmt=18

Sorry for tghe wait but here is sat's bracket race