2009.01.31, 08:36 PM
This will be held on a Saturday at Hobby Works, Fairfax, VA

imxlr8ed
2009.03.17, 07:42 PM
Is this race still on?

arch2b
2009.03.17, 07:48 PM
i hope so... it's been awhile since i've gotten to drive :(

soy, any luck with flipside? generic transponders?

soulstice
2009.03.17, 08:48 PM
i'll be there.

TALLGEESE
2009.03.17, 09:27 PM
Is this race still on?

It should be, I'll see you guys there this weekend..

VAzRACER
2009.03.17, 09:31 PM
Is this race still on?

This race in on for sure. :cool:

i hope so... it's been awhile since i've gotten to drive :(

soy, any luck with flipside? generic transponders?

The flip side software works great, we used it last weekend for a little practice. We never tried any other transponders onther than the ones for core. I think soy ordered some but I never asked him about them.

arch2b
2009.03.18, 11:53 AM
i'd like to chat with you guys about the software and your experiences this weekend.

i'll try to get there a bit early this time as it's been awhile since i've even picked up a car much less driven one.

i have to ask, is anyone else considering getting a dnano? the htusa pricing doesn't seem to be terrible, about the cost of a mini-z.

soulstice
2009.03.18, 07:18 PM
I'll be getting one. I emailed them and no response. I suppose phone is the only way to go.

soulstice
2009.03.18, 07:43 PM
Well looks like I have a dnano on the way. Bit of an impluse buy but i had always intended on getting one. My wife isn't gonna be too happy though, haha . . . er . . . I'm in trouble.

TALLGEESE
2009.03.18, 08:10 PM
I would'nt mind picking up a Dnano if the price is right.. I got to check out cosmicsoul's R-34 version at the recent race in Myrtle Beach and I really liked it.. Any idea of Hobbytown's cost for just the bodies? Hopefully they'll be less than roughly 50-60 dollars each..

soyverde
2009.03.19, 12:11 PM
The flipside software worked great last weekend, and I was using a generic transponder for ~70% of the time I was racing with no issues (that I noticed). If sorts are not needed, I think I'd actually prefer to use flipside (thanks to the ease of use with generic transponders and the consistency in reading tags even when/where core is dropping laps). The only thing it is missing at this point is race management (multiple races, heat/main sorts, etc.). Frankly I don't blame him for waiting on this, as it is not necessary to the primary functionality, and it will add a lot of complexity to the schema and logic (even core royally screws up the sorts sometimes, as we saw at the last HFAY event).

Don't think I'll be picking up a dnano any time soon, still spending too much on z's at the moment.

soulstice
2009.03.19, 12:18 PM
What's going on with using the Flipside software. Is something wrong with Core or is it that it's just better?

briankstan
2009.03.19, 12:41 PM
What's going on with using the Flipside software. Is something wrong with Core or is it that it's just better?

it's got some cool features, you should check it out. I'm almost exclusively using it over core.

it's simple to use, has a better race director (audio announcing) for the races. Can use generic RFID tags ($.50) Getting better all the time. :)

it also has HFAY results export so you just export the results into the correct HFAY submital format.

soyverde
2009.03.19, 01:27 PM
That about covers it. We've still been using core for HFAY, but I've been testing flipside at the last two club GTGs in Stafford, where core has been dropping laps (likely due to the wireless network they run). We were having a little too much fun with the announced names last weekend, too. :D

If you don't feel like installing it yourself I'm sure we will at least do a little more testing with it this weekend even if we don't run it for HFAY.

Skv012a
2009.03.25, 05:01 PM
21st, damn it! I was certain it was this upcoming saturday... Oh well then, I'll see you guys on the 18th. This does give me time to work my setups and I haven't been able to since hfay r2.

soulstice
2009.04.12, 09:23 PM
Just saw the HFAY results for this meet. The usual suspects at the top but there's something very appealing about seeing the top 6 spots in F1 flush with Washington DC GTG.

Do I smell domination?

It might be fun to do some kind of race scheme or graphic for our club. I'll have to spend some time on that when I get the chance.