PDA

View Full Version : October 17, 2009 - HFAY S8, Race 4

arch2b
2009.01.31, 08:39 PM
This will be held on a Saturday at Awsome RC, Fredricksburg, VA

FYI, the als charity race is just after this and certainly one of those can't miss events! huge track, plenty of people at all skill levels and all for charity. i added this to our 2009 schedule.

arch2b
2009.09.20, 02:20 PM
bumping this after the finishing the last hfay race yesterday :)

Skv012a
2009.09.20, 02:56 PM
Just placed an order for a few iwaver blank EVo 6 bodies, so next race will definitely be my proper AWD "break in." Vids of race 3 will be up soon.

arch2b
2009.10.08, 09:43 PM
guys, don't forget to sign up for the als charity race! it's local, its big and you don't have to be an expert to participate. the heats are usually well sorted. it's really and experience i suggest everyone try as best they can given the rarity of large racing events local to us.

arch2b
2009.10.12, 04:31 PM
i'll be bringing the computer for whomever will be setting it up for awsome rc use.

ringer, can we also get the blank tiles brought up? i will be helping setup for the als race and will be heading up there on the 23rd.

TheRinger
2009.10.12, 08:17 PM
i'll be bringing the computer for whomever will be setting it up for awsome rc use.

ringer, can we also get the blank tiles brought up? i will be helping setup for the als race and will be heading up there on the 23rd.

I'll bring them with me this saturday at the HFAY. Do U want ur real tracks back?

arch2b
2009.10.12, 08:21 PM
yeah, that would be a good pick it up.

TheRinger
2009.10.12, 08:26 PM
Cool, I'll bring the blank tiles and real track with me.

Mike Keely
2009.10.12, 09:39 PM
How far off of 95 is the shop? Any chance that they would have any Kyosho #20 radial rear tires for sale? I need some for the ALS race. Thanks

TheRinger
2009.10.12, 10:10 PM
How far off of 95 is the shop? Any chance that they would have any Kyosho #20 radial rear tires for sale? I need some for the ALS race. Thanks

I would say roughly 8 to 10 miles north on rt.17. The exit number I know is 133 but can't remember if its A or B, whichever is rt.17 north warrenton exit. U will see the shop on the left. No he only has 20 degree rear slicks.
The name and address is

Awesome RC/HOBBY
2885 Warrenton Rd.
Fredericksburg, VA 22406

I don't know Y its a fredericksburg address since its in stafford but thats the address. They also have a 1/8 scale buggy, truggy dirt track and rock crawling coarse.

Skv012a
2009.10.13, 09:10 PM
Plenty of paint and such as well.

Given I couldn't make the huge PN endurance, I can't wait for this one and then the charity race. Hopefully I'll get my 8 cell maha by friday to try it out and everything.

VAzRACER
2009.10.14, 07:11 PM
Plenty of paint and such as well.

Given I couldn't make the huge PN endurance, I can't wait for this one and then the charity race. Hopefully I'll get my 8 cell maha by friday to try it out and everything.

It was the Reflex Endurance Race.;)

TALLGEESE
2009.10.14, 07:44 PM
It looks like I should be able to make this one, I'll see the rest of you guys there. Igor, bring those PN driveshafts with you...

Skv012a
2009.10.14, 08:00 PM
Will do and still hope you'd get the maha as well, but we'll see.

Mike Keely
2009.10.15, 06:25 PM
I would say roughly 8 to 10 miles north on rt.17. The exit number I know is 133 but can't remember if its A or B, whichever is rt.17 north warrenton exit. U will see the shop on the left. No he only has 20 degree rear slicks.
The name and address is

Awesome RC/HOBBY
2885 Warrenton Rd.
Fredericksburg, VA 22406

I don't know Y its a fredericksburg address since its in stafford but thats the address. They also have a 1/8 scale buggy, truggy dirt track and rock crawling coarse.
Do they charge to race?

arch2b
2009.10.16, 07:00 PM
no, racing is free.

i'll be late tomorrow. i have a funeral to attend in the morning but will drive down afterward. i need to pick up the track pieces for next weeks race.

Skv012a
2009.10.16, 07:34 PM
Do they charge to race?

Actually I remember Dwayne charging $5 a day for the indoor track. If that changed then I paid for nothing last race :/

arch2b
2009.10.16, 08:15 PM
or i've been racing and not paying:o any of you va guys care to clarify? i'd hate to think i've been skipping out while others have been paying.

VAzRACER
2009.10.16, 08:32 PM
I have not paid before. I remember him saying something about it before but I think it was for the races he ran in the winter when they were not racing out side. He's never said anything to me about it.:confused:

arch2b
2009.10.16, 08:36 PM
I have not paid before. I remember him saying something about it before but I think it was for the races he ran in the winter when they were not racing out side. He's never said anything to me about it.:confused:

that was my understanding as well.

Skv012a
2009.10.18, 01:26 AM
Ok CW vid will wait until results are in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O66Se8vlWCs

VAzRACER
2009.10.19, 05:22 PM
Ok, so since the loop gave use some issues Saturday and we were'nt able to finish who's up for doing this on Saturday the 31st. I know it halloween but if we get everything done quick you guys should be able to get home at a decent hour. Who's up for, it be nice not to have to use drops for these races and it gives a few guys who were'nt able to make it a second chance to get the races in.

arch2b
2009.10.19, 07:06 PM
if we race at hobby works and can get them all in before say 3pm i'm ok. its getting dark early now and my neighborhood starts at sundown and it's a small neighborhood. i can't make the drive down to awsome rc and back on halloween.

remember, you only need 3 for a race.

VAzRACER
2009.10.19, 08:52 PM
Well, if three of us are at Awesome on the 31st and go ahead and have the races will anyone be mad if they miss out. At this point they are going to be drops anyways. I just want to make sure I dont piss anyone off who cant make it. Thanks

arch2b
2009.10.19, 09:26 PM
nope. be sure to send me the results though :)

Mike Keely
2009.10.27, 05:49 PM
Are we racing this weekend at Hobby Works?

TALLGEESE
2009.10.27, 06:04 PM
Are we racing this weekend at Hobby Works?
I'm pretty sure we'll be re-running this event at Awesome RC again Mike. Hope you can make it...

VAzRACER
2009.10.27, 06:33 PM
I dont think we are going to make this race up. Me and Bill are already going to Awesome this weekend. We are brining more track and cleaning the room up some so we can have a bigger layout. I'm planning on getting there around 10am to start. I'm bringing some wide inside turns and Bill is going to stop by his work on the way in to pick up a wide L. In a few weeks we are going to make an elevated straight to gain even more space.

Ray mentioned redoing the race at Hobby Works because its halloween and everyone needs to get home early. We never really confimed anything so I amssumed it wasnt happening. I dont think I am going to continue to race HFAY so I am going to leave the decisions on when and where to have the races up to you guys.

TALLGEESE
2009.10.27, 07:02 PM
I dont think we are going to make this race up. Me and Bill are already going to Awesome this weekend. We are brining more track and cleaning the room up some so we can have a bigger layout. I'm planning on getting there around 10am to start. I'm bringing some wide inside turns and Bill is going to stop by his work on the way in to pick up a wide L. In a few weeks we are going to make an elevated straight to gain even more space.

Ray mentioned redoing the race at Hobby Works because its halloween and everyone needs to get home early. We never really confimed anything so I amssumed it wasnt happening. I dont think I am going to continue to race HFAY so I am going to leave the decisions on when and where to have the races up to you guys.

Oh okay then, I'll try to come by Awesome this weekend and help you guys out if I can, sorry for the mis-information...

VAzRACER
2009.10.27, 07:29 PM
There was no miss information. Sorry if I sounded harsh or something.:o

TALLGEESE
2009.10.27, 09:46 PM
There was no miss information. Sorry if I sounded harsh or something.:o

It's all good, I just didn't want to mislead anybody about what location{if any}we were planning on re-running this month's HFAY event....

arch2b
2009.10.27, 09:54 PM
i was under the impression you guys were going to do the make up at awsome rc as well. i only mentioned that if i were to attend, it would have to be at hobby works in order to get back in time to take the kids out trick or treating.

i'm sorry to hear you won't be running hfay with us anymore matt although given you current ranking/status i certainly understand.

i'm really looking forward to running bigger tracks than 2 wide l more often.

VAzRACER
2009.10.27, 10:03 PM
I really want to run bigger tracks too, I had alot of fun this weekend.:D

Mike Keely
2009.10.30, 04:35 PM
I will come down to Awsome tomorrow. What time will everyone be showing up?

VAzRACER
2009.10.30, 04:58 PM
I'm getting there around 10 to clean the room out. Bill is bringing another wide L. We should be set up by noon I would think. See you tomarrow.