PDA

View Full Version : November 21, 2009 - HFAY S8, Race 5

arch2b
2009.01.31, 09:40 PM
This will be held on a Saturday at Hobby Works, Fairfax, VA

arch2b
2009.10.19, 10:27 PM
can i suggest we keep this one at hobby works? i'm hoping we can get the previous regulars back in attendance.

TALLGEESE
2009.10.20, 06:59 PM
can i suggest we keep this one at hobby works? i'm hoping we can get the previous regulars back in attendance.

I'd suggest that we have this race at Hobbyworks as well. I talked to Courtney on the phone last week and he was pretty upset that we weren't there for the last few races. According to Courtney he's had a few new people show up to run on the HFAY dates only to be told there wasn't any racing...

arch2b
2009.10.20, 07:31 PM
has anyone offered an apology for not updating him as plans changed? i never talk to courtney unless i'm at the store.

ringer, lets pick the next non hfay date for megane class at awsome rc.

TALLGEESE
2009.10.20, 07:57 PM
has anyone offered an apology for not updating him as plans changed? i never talk to courtney unless i'm at the store.

I apologized to Courtney on behalf of our group to help diffuse the situation while I was on the phone with him. He was still pretty upset though, and threatened to sell Hobbyworks's part of the RCP track that was there in the store, but I think he was just mad at the time I talked to him. In the future we should give him a heads up if we aren't going to be holding the HFAY races there.

VAzRACER
2009.10.20, 08:11 PM
I have told him both times we were not going to be there. This last time was a little short notice but he was given a heads up both times. He's just pissed because he's losing business to another store.

arch2b
2009.10.20, 08:25 PM
it's not like he can't setup the track himself either for customer use.

maybe someone should reassure him we will be there the 21st. i rely on you guys to communicate with courtney. he doesn't do email and i don't have phone time during business hours.

if he does sell track for hw's, that ok with me. i gave it to them, they can do with it as they please. i would want my computer back though and any track with red pins.

in a sense, i'd like to use both stores for races. some simply won't go to one or the other so it's a good way to offer something to everyone. it would be best to divide our events between the two. i like both and will continue to go to both.

TheRinger
2009.10.23, 09:45 PM

Fine by me. 14th I take will be the start of the megane race series.

Full Montee
2009.11.20, 07:41 PM
Has anyone spoken to Courtney in the last 2 weeks?
Talking with The Ringer we were wondering.

arch2b
2009.11.20, 07:57 PM
not i...

will ian be there with the loop?

arch2b
2009.11.20, 08:06 PM
i bought a package of the giro-z connectors so if anyone needs one let me know.

Full Montee
2009.11.20, 09:06 PM
The Ringer has the loop and I'll bring an extra USB cable. But Ian should be bringing his USB cable.

arch2b
2009.11.22, 04:10 PM
thanks for making out guys.

while both my gt-r and f1 were running smooth, i was befuddled by breakages all day. dnf'ed a main due to nose clip receptical breaking and dnf'ed another f1 main due to a motor lead wire popping off the tab. dnf'ed the following f1 main as had forgotten to replace the batteries while replacing the motor to get back into f1.

other than that i really enjoyed the time on the track :)