PDA

View Full Version : True LM Class...

JuniorWKR
2009.02.03, 01:38 PM
Ok guys after hanging Maj by his ankles from the roof of the hobby shop i convinced him to run a true lm 70 turn class for next point series... I believe this will be an action packed class as pan car was... so for all you guys that where just running pan car as i was lets do the conversion and start working on getting this class up and running....

Things needed:
02 chassis
lm rear pod
lm ball diff
lm body and rims

Rules:
This is gonna be a spec class. We are only gonna be able to run a true LM set up... which means you are either gonna have to run the stock Lm plastic motor pod or the aluminium upgraded motor pod (must be LM pod). We are gonna have to run stock LM rims which require the use of running LM rear tires. By doing this we are gonna have to run the LM rear axle (the LM rear axle is inbetween a mr02 and a f1 in length). the class is gonna be run using a pn 70 turn motor. and running of a LM body is a must... there will be no cutting of bodies to make a shorter wheel base it will be run at stock length.

I am very excited about this as i love running spec classes. When running in a spec class you can never be beat by a better car just a better driver... and as pan car went with everyone running the same body it will be the same in the LM class... all the bodies that come available from kyosho like the porshe and the mazda also come available in white ready to paint sets... so either get yourself an autoscale or get yourself a ready to paint and get out there and rep your team colors...

So for everyone who just finished pan car and enjoyed the class lets do the same for LM... I garuntee excitement...

I am working on mine as we speak and will have it up and running in a few days for anyone who wants to give it a whirl...

xrayminiz4life
2009.02.03, 02:22 PM
crap...i threw all that stock stuff away...does Maj carry the stock parts?

JuniorWKR
2009.02.03, 02:24 PM
crap...i threw all that stock stuff away...does Maj carry the stock parts?

i believe so or he can get it from kyosho... how do you like the idea?...

SaiTam
2009.02.03, 02:45 PM
70T at Maj's = too slow.

How about stock motor with limited gearing ratio?

xrayminiz4life
2009.02.03, 02:57 PM
i believe so or he can get it from kyosho... how do you like the idea?...

i like the idea...i think it would be fun with the 17 turn too...if we don't do 17 turn because of being too slow, i think it should be only one type of motor for everyone...but i think 17 turn is fine for that track...we did it in the past....

JuniorWKR
2009.02.03, 03:02 PM
70T at Maj's = too slow.

dont you feel that with a bigger it motor it would make the car too big for the track... we ran nascar as a 70t class and that was loads of fun... but you know me (White Knuckle Racing)... i will drive anything...

JuniorWKR
2009.02.03, 03:18 PM
to tell you the truth even though im a speed freak and usually nobody has a faster car then me... i always feel a spec class with a spec motor is the most competitive...

JuniorWKR
2009.02.03, 03:20 PM
70T at Maj's = too slow.

Besides... when was the last time you ran a true 70t motor?... LOL... im sure ur 70t will be right up there with my T2...

JuniorWKR
2009.02.04, 07:54 AM
some pics of bodies that we will be running...

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26644&stc=1&d=1233755574

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26645&stc=1&d=1233755580

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26646&stc=1&d=1233755587

JuniorWKR
2009.02.04, 08:21 AM
Slubben that yellow one is screamin your name... it is due to come out in march and will look very nice running with your yellow F1... How you feelin by the way... the guys said youve been by the shop and you look great... Hope this doesnt improve you racing or im in trouble... LOL...

JuniorWKR
2009.02.05, 08:32 AM
Got my LM up and running last night and the car is riding on rails... it handles just like a pan car... i was very impressed by how well the car handles... i will be posting some pics within the next few days... right now im runninig the Porsch body but im waiting for my mazda body to com back from painting... i liked the way that car handled much better... just have to figure out how to keep that wing on... and i think we are gonna have to make a decision on a motor cause i ran it with both the 70t and the atomic stock last night... the atomic stock is alot of fun...

xrayminiz4life
2009.02.05, 08:52 AM
Got my LM up and running last night and the car is riding on rails... it handles just like a pan car... i was very impressed by how well the car handles... i will be posting some pics within the next few days... right now im runninig the Porsch body but im waiting for my mazda body to com back from painting... i liked the way that car handled much better... just have to figure out how to keep that wing on... and i think we are gonna have to make a decision on a motor cause i ran it with both the 70t and the atomic stock last night... the atomic stock is alot of fun...

i have the orange Mazda body, and i can see that wing flying off fast...i just gotta get the rear pod and a new board for my pan car chassis and i'll be ready...

JuniorWKR
2009.02.05, 09:14 AM
i have the orange Mazda body, and i can see that wing flying off fast...i just gotta get the rear pod and a new board for my pan car chassis and i'll be ready...

ive ran that mazda body at 98mm in mr02 modified i will bring that body in tonite and show what i did to keep the ming on... very easy and effective... also one thing i realized last night is i purchased the atomic rear pod which required the use of a 102mm top plate... i think maj said that the 3racing and yeah racing rear pod allow you to run a 98mm top plate... check with him tonite on that...

xrayminiz4life
2009.02.05, 09:32 AM
ive ran that mazda body at 98mm in mr02 modified i will bring that body in tonite and show what i did to keep the ming on... very easy and effective... also one thing i realized last night is i purchased the atomic rear pod which required the use of a 102mm top plate... i think maj said that the 3racing and yeah racing rear pod allow you to run a 98mm top plate... check with him tonite on that...

i'll check at lunch today...can't race tonight....

JuniorWKR
2009.02.05, 09:47 AM
i'll check at lunch today...can't race tonight....

that sucks ur gonna miss tonite... its goin to be out first night recoreded for you tube...

xrayminiz4life
2009.02.05, 11:36 AM
that sucks ur gonna miss tonite... its goin to be out first night recoreded for you tube...

i know...i'm not happy about it...but i'll be there saturday....

Cherub1m
2009.02.05, 11:50 AM
I have a car ready pretty bone stock all I need is to add bearings and I'll be ready to go.

70T is fine with me or same motor rule has the recent pan car class is also fine.

JuniorWKR
2009.02.05, 03:04 PM
I have a car ready pretty bone stock all I need is to add bearings and I'll be ready to go.

70T is fine with me or same motor rule has the recent pan car class is also fine.

what you have is fine philip... thats all i did... i just did the rear of the car to make it a true lm... up front is bone stock with green springs... car is on rails...

As far as the motor goes... we were running both motors in my car last night and switching back and fourth we realized how much more fun we had with the stock motor over the 70t... but in the end it is the decision of Maj...

Cherub1m
2009.02.06, 08:09 AM
As far as the motor goes... we were running both motors in my car last night and switching back and fourth we realized how much more fun we had with the stock motor over the 70t... but in the end it is the decision of Maj...

What was the final decision?

JuniorWKR
2009.02.06, 08:51 AM
What was the final decision?

pretty sure we are gonna make it a stock class... any motor that does not require the use of fets... i.e. speedy 07, speedy ad, atomic stock, atomic standard...

Cherub1m
2009.02.06, 01:38 PM
pretty sure we are gonna make it a stock class... any motor that does not require the use of fets... i.e. speedy 07, speedy ad, atomic stock, atomic standard...

OK, sounds good to me

JuniorWKR
2009.02.07, 10:16 PM
OK, sounds good to me

Philip, ran my LM today during the bracket race... ran it with a speedy AD... car is on friggin rails... turned out 38 laps in 5 mins and that was with stopping everytime someone flipped... cant wait to run it thur night durring racing to see what it can really do... gonna try out my T2 in it to see if the setup can handle it... cant wait to see... i think this is gonna be one action packed class more than pan car...

JuniorWKR
2009.02.13, 01:11 PM
Here it is guys... The LM killa... Simple yet oh so effective...

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26694&stc=1&d=1234552216

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26695&stc=1&d=1234552216

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26696&stc=1&d=1234552216

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26697&stc=1&d=1234552216

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26698&stc=1&d=1234552216

Cherub1m
2009.02.13, 02:25 PM
Looks nice man. The car also looked very planted during the race.

JuniorWKR
2009.02.13, 02:38 PM
Feels great... im gonna try lowering it to see what happens...

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.03, 02:09 PM
well JR, you've done it again...i tried out my LM car which you set up and it drives great...i can't wait for the LM class...i'm gonna post pictures of the car when i get home...this is going to be another great series, just like the 015 is turning out to be....:D

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.03, 06:56 PM
well JR, you've done it again...i tried out my LM car which you set up and it drives great...i can't wait for the LM class...i'm gonna post pictures of the car when i get home...this is going to be another great series, just like the 015 is turning out to be....:D

here's a picture of my LM...this is gonna be a great class...get yours today...:D:cool:

bermbuster
2009.03.03, 09:42 PM
good taste in bodies....thats what Iplan on running as well....:cool:

joey
2009.04.29, 12:46 PM
Who's ready for some LM racing tomorrow nite? i am.

JuniorWKR
2009.04.29, 12:48 PM
Im A-Main B!%&H... you suckas are going down...

xrayminiz4life
2009.04.29, 12:48 PM
Who's ready for some LM racing tomorrow nite? i am.

i reinforced the front end last night, so i think i'm ready....

Slubben
2009.04.30, 07:28 AM
I am! I just hope my body holds up. Anymore Yellow 962 bodies in stock yet??