PDA

View Full Version : Carbon side plates

hpgod
2009.02.05, 11:09 AM
How often should you replce your carbon side plates.
I pulled mine off my car last weekend and found that both developed a bow/tweak in them a few mm :(

This leads me to beleave We should store the car not on its wheels but on a stand.

JuniorWKR
2009.02.05, 12:17 PM
how often should you replce your carbon side plates.
I pulled mine off my car last weekend and found that both developed a bow/tweak in them a few mm :(

this leads me to beleave we should store the car not on its wheels but on a stand.

i store all my cars on the foam pn stands even in my bag... The car always resting on its wheels is no good... If your side plates are bowed you can either flip them to the other side and see if they settle back down or maybe just by new ones...

Cherub1m
2009.02.05, 12:45 PM
Its hard for the graphite plates to develop a memory but I guess its not impossible. I use 4 hard tires that come with the ASC bodies and glue them in a square to make a stand. I think the main thing with the stand is to keep pressure off the tires so that they don't flat spot. All of my cars are stored on a stand.

ruf
2009.02.05, 03:14 PM
The carbon side plates are not left/right specific. They are basically the same part that you flip over for the other side.

Due to this manner in which they are manufactured, if the raw material carbon has a slight bow to it, the car will be tweaked. The side plate you use on the left side will be bowed in the opposite direction as the one you use on the right side.

Now if they are both bowed the same direction when oriented correctly left/right, then you've got some "set" issues. I don't use a car stand, I'm just lazy and store my car on its side... :p