PDA

View Full Version : identify this and the use of it

TyHodge07
2009.02.12, 01:03 AM
notice the little black capasitor i believe it is called with the 2 wires running to the neg and pos battery terminal screw downs. what is this for, whats the use of it and i am assuming the little connector was to charge the batteries without taking them out, that also runs to the same location the pos and neg. is the cap used to eliminate the power going to the board when charging this way or ????

http://usera.imagecave.com/tyhodge07/S6300293.JPG

tudor_47
2009.02.12, 01:40 AM
Hi

the little connector is probably used to connect the transponder for the timing system.

The capacitor is there to store energy and give the car a little extra push when hitting the accelerator, in the same way capasitors are used in a audio system in high end auto audio systems.

TyHodge07
2009.02.12, 01:56 AM
alright, sounds about right. i wasnt sure if it was used for that or to charge the batts with or what. it was just there and wanted to ask before i did something with it, lol

JuniorWKR
2009.02.12, 09:38 AM
notice the little black capasitor i believe it is called with the 2 wires running to the neg and pos battery terminal screw downs. what is this for, whats the use of it and i am assuming the little connector was to charge the batteries without taking them out, that also runs to the same location the pos and neg. is the cap used to eliminate the power going to the board when charging this way or ????

http://usera.imagecave.com/tyhodge07/S6300293.JPG

Did you by any chance get that off ebay with a nascar body?... i think i remember seeing that...

TyHodge07
2009.02.12, 01:59 PM
Did you by any chance get that off ebay with a nascar body?... i think i remember seeing that...

thats where it came from, but i wasnt the one that got it from there. ;)

http://usera.imagecave.com/tyhodge07/S6300291.JPG

all the stickers i removed, its the cp cup car kit from mininascar.com i just seen the cp cup truck last night, and ordering the body as soon as the tax check arrives :)

JuniorWKR
2009.02.12, 02:20 PM
thats where it came from, but i wasnt the one that got it from there. ;)

http://usera.imagecave.com/tyhodge07/S6300291.JPG

all the stickers i removed, its the cp cup car kit from mininascar.com i just seen the cp cup truck last night, and ordering the body as soon as the tax check arrives :)

How does it handle... when i saw it it hought it had the potential to be good... ive never seen an F1 with that set up before... usually when we run a spec nascar class we run it using 015 at 102mm... makes for alot of flips...

TyHodge07
2009.02.12, 02:27 PM
havent got to run it yet. ive looked it over pretty well and it looks like it will run and handle really well. weight looks pretty distributed throughout with the little kit on it. the kit is actually pretty well built too. are the nascar setups u guys are running on the 015s the same type of kits?

ruf
2009.02.12, 03:03 PM
My guess: connector for charging, cap is a power cap just like in bigger scales. Smooths out power delivery - think of it like a battery reservoir.

JuniorWKR
2009.02.12, 03:19 PM
havent got to run it yet. ive looked it over pretty well and it looks like it will run and handle really well. weight looks pretty distributed throughout with the little kit on it. the kit is actually pretty well built too. are the nascar setups u guys are running on the 015s the same type of kits?

They make nascar bodies which used to come as a ready set from kyosho on the 015 chassis... pretty fun class... we used to race it on a banked oval... made for some awsome drafting and big crashes... LOL...

TyHodge07
2009.02.12, 04:10 PM
They make nascar bodies which used to come as a ready set from kyosho on the 015 chassis... pretty fun class... we used to race it on a banked oval... made for some awsome drafting and big crashes... LOL...

haha, i know which ones your talkin about now. them are stock length. the cp cup car kit for the f1 makes it a 1/22 scale, with the f1 being longer, im sure the handling would be pretty nice on a oval track with banks. i could see these little cars pushing eachother into the corners and flipping, lol that may be more fun than racing, :D

marc
2009.02.14, 11:09 AM
Isn't a capaciter basically a back-up battery?

JuniorWKR
2009.02.14, 12:18 PM
Isn't a capaciter basically a back-up battery?

a capacitor is a voltage resavior that can discharge and refill very fast... what this does for you is give your car alot of punch when throttle is applied...