PDA

View Full Version : 4pk modification for mini-z 2.4g asf

CCL
2009.02.12, 05:03 AM
Does any have experience to modify 4pk use for mini-z 2.4 g asf ?

mleemor60
2009.02.12, 06:48 AM
Is the 4PK module based or is it dedicated Futaba 2.4 FAAST system? If it is module based I'm sure there is a way to adapt the 2.4 ASF module to it like the 3PK

CCL
2009.02.13, 07:46 AM
Is the 4PK module based or is it dedicated Futaba 2.4 FAAST system? If it is module based I'm sure there is a way to adapt the 2.4 ASF module to it like the 3PK

It look no one try this modification

ruf
2009.02.13, 01:10 PM
Dedicated. Would be a royal pita to mod it.

pchan0
2009.02.13, 01:25 PM
Do you know how?

It look no one try this modification

CCL
2009.02.15, 08:27 AM
Do you know how?

If someone have 4pk and willing to open it

Post picture for detail inside component and space

We may study the possibility to modify

MikeL
2009.02.15, 08:00 PM
Why would you risk messing up a $500 radio for this..

CCL
2009.02.17, 09:34 AM
Why would you risk messing up a $500 radio for this..

NO NEED to mess up ! Just Open and close by loosen some screw

We just want to study the possibility to integrate mini-z 2,4 g module into 4pk and made a switch to changeover the function

nusadua
2009.03.02, 09:13 AM
You need only photo from board? from both sides?

herman
2009.03.02, 09:48 PM
hmm... didn't pn make a module adapter for this???

http://www.pnracing.us/new/product_image/378_1.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/new/product_image/378_2.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/new/product_image/378_3.jpg

from
http://www.pnracing.us/new/product.php?show=product&id=378&img_no=3

picture shows this on a 3pk... don't know if it'll work on the 4pk though...
but if it's dedicated... i guess it would be a 'royal pita' to do as ruf said...

pchan0
2009.03.07, 01:21 PM
CCL,

Is this from you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQDzXXqGot8

NO NEED to mess up ! Just Open and close by loosen some screw

We just want to study the possibility to integrate mini-z 2,4 g module into 4pk and made a switch to changeover the function

CCL
2009.03.07, 09:50 PM
CCL,

Is this from you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQDzXXqGot8

NO

Finally , this modification work was done by Taiwan MINI_Z player.

Of course , CP value still need to be considered

Ha ! KO seem try to sell EX 10 forever.......

dabinn
2009.03.11, 02:28 PM
NO

Finally , this modification work was done by Taiwan MINI_Z player.

Of course , CP value still need to be considered

Ha ! KO seem try to sell EX 10 forever.......

CCL, I saw you post articles about Taiwan Mini-z. Are you a friend of CORN ?

CCL
2009.03.12, 09:45 AM
CCL, I saw you post articles about Taiwan Mini-z. Are you a friend of CORN ?
Ha ! '
I knew you very well

gomez
2009.09.22, 07:01 AM
Hello all,
i believe that 4PK will work with 2.4 ASF. I have a 3PJ ( previous to 3PK ) and it works , and its known to work with 3PK .
All you need is that PN racing adapter shown few posts before and the Ko-Propo Mini-Z module . Ko propo module goes on adapter and adapter on Transmitter. easy ! my dnano goes like that . Good Racing all !

sower
2009.09.28, 08:34 AM
This thread brings to mind an old saying . . . just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you "should". I have no idea why a person would go to this extent. Doesn't it make your 4PK unusable for other cars then? Maybe I'm missing something, but at first glance this seems like a big cost for no benefit other than being able to hold the 4PK in your hands while racing the Mini-z.

ub0211042
2009.11.09, 09:14 PM
it seems that lots of taiwan guys using their futaba 4PK in the Atomic Worldcup 2009...any idea how they do it?

IMO, for racers with only a 4PK to play with will be more intersted to start playing mini-z as they will not have to buy a new gun just for another scale...

bobaFET
2010.02.17, 12:58 AM
anyone know who these Taiwanese guys are? any detailed info on how its done? im ready to upgrade my radio...............

ub0211042
2010.02.17, 02:03 AM
anyone know who these Taiwanese guys are? any detailed info on how its done? im ready to upgrade my radio...............

theoretically it requires the same method used to convert the module for Futaba 3PK. I did open a M11X which is a fully 2.4G TX and it has a built in module in it.

So i guess the 4PK will have its own module too, so just take out the KO 901SM module PCB and replace with the 4PK's...but im not sure with the pin assignment if its the same as done on 3PK

SerpentMonster
2010.02.24, 06:45 PM
I am fortunate enough to get my hands on a 4PK modded to play mini-z on my last trip back to Taiwan. According to the guys at the local track over there, there are less than 10 of the modded units in the world and all of them other than mine are in Taiwan.

Basically a Mini-Z ASF module shoved inside the 4PK. The radio is dual purpose now I can still use the Futaba FAAST system. Externally no difference than any other 4PK radio.

jafc76
2010.02.26, 07:31 AM
Oh!!!

Can you explain how to install the KO Propo module?

I wanna have a 4PK with ASF.

How do you change from FASST to ASF and from ASF to FASST? Do you have a switch?

Which KO Propo module is?

Please, we need some information.

Thanks in advance.

Juan

jafc76
2010.03.03, 05:03 AM
Why nobody wanna give any information?

Is it like a secret?

It's strange because if we can modify the 4PK will be good.

Juan

ub0211042
2010.03.03, 06:15 AM
Why nobody wanna give any information?

Is it like a secret?

It's strange because if we can modify the 4PK will be good.

Juan

maybe those who can browse through Taiwanese forums can get the info..

wikedgmc
2010.03.07, 07:23 PM
I have seen one in the San Francisco bay area, however the owner will not let anyone look at it :(.

Kinda sucks, people have offered him money to look inside it and he does not want to share. Hope he knows how Karma works.......

jafc76
2010.03.10, 01:21 AM
I don't understand what's the purpose to don't share that information. :(

I wanna buy a 4pk, but I won't buy it until I know how to connect the ASF module.

Juan

ub0211042
2010.03.10, 07:08 AM
i suggest if anyone with a 4PK who's willing to open up the cover and take some detail pic of the PCB will be much of a help to members here to figure out how it works.

trust me, opening the cover will not harm the TX...just do it slowly and with no force.

wikedgmc
2010.03.10, 09:22 PM
i suggest if anyone with a 4PK who's willing to open up the cover and take some detail pic of the PCB will be much of a help to members here to figure out how it works.

trust me, opening the cover will not harm the TX...just do it slowly and with no force.

No worries, mine will be here Friday or Monday and I will share with the world. It is ridiculous that someone would not offer to show anyone something like that.

Some peoples kids I guess :(

ub0211042
2010.03.11, 12:43 AM
No worries, mine will be here Friday or Monday and I will share with the world. It is ridiculous that someone would not offer to show anyone something like that.

Some peoples kids I guess :(

cool! hope good ppl here can help out so that we can share to the WORLD! :D
4PK Owners, get ready! :D

jafc76
2010.03.11, 04:20 AM
Thank you very much wikedgmc!
I will buy the 4pk when I know how to connect the ASF module

Juan

wikedgmc
2010.03.11, 12:57 PM
AS promised everyone. Looks like a module based controller still just the module is inside. I am pretty sure that you use the display only setting to power the mini-z and I know the one I saw here the bind button and led were moved under the left side cap. When I get to Fast Pace Racing today I will play with it some more.

Anyone with thoughts or ideas chime in here. I love the feel of this radio so much more than the feel of the 3PK.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/MPValentine/IMG_6962.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/MPValentine/IMG_6963.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/MPValentine/IMG_6964.jpg

wikedgmc
2010.03.12, 12:21 AM
All done and works perfect. It was not hard but not easy either, would be kinda hard to walk someone thru on the internet.

My radio is already sold I believe as there is someone who needs too have it. And I have 2 other locals purchasing theirs and then paying me to mod them. It is definatley smoother than my 3PK and I just love the feel.

dorifto46
2010.03.12, 12:34 AM
Good job Mike on hacking the 4pk for mini z. I was at FPR today while he had that 4pk apart and being modded. That remote is very nice but out of my price range

jafc76
2010.03.12, 12:52 AM
Thanks!!

But that's the original TX module.

How we can connect the KO ASF module?

Looks like if those 5 pins are the same in the ASF module.

Maybe we can connect it looking these pictures:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28862

Juan

domgarza
2010.03.12, 12:52 AM
Great Job Mike!!!
once you modified the 4pk, can you switch back to FASST without opening the TX?

Also how much do you charge to mod it?

thx, dominic

wikedgmc
2010.03.12, 12:55 AM
Great Job Mike!!!
once you modified the 4pk, can you switch back to FASST without opening the TX?

Also how much do you charge to mod it?

thx, dominic

Thanks guys

I am 95% sure the FASST still works the same, I will know 100% tomorrow. We can talk about the mod tomorrow, you gonna be at FPR?

domgarza
2010.03.12, 12:59 AM
yes I will bring my 4pk...see you then.

Tjay
2010.03.12, 01:16 AM
This is why Nor Cal has so much miniZ enthusiast because of guys like Mike! Good job Mike and definitely thank you for sharing it to the community.

Will I get one...? Hmm... No comment. :)

jafc76
2010.03.12, 01:26 AM
Is that board the ASF module?

Where can we buy the board?

Juan

Roger
2010.03.12, 02:53 AM
Right on Mike !!! I need to check that out tommorrow at the track.

ub0211042
2010.03.12, 04:59 AM
many thanks to u mike who have the balls to open up the 4PK for the all of us to see :D, after im done with Eurus i'll get the 4PK :D:D

mind doing some simple tutorial on how to mod it :)

jafc76
2010.03.12, 07:20 AM
I don't understand anything.

The Taiwanese people said that they have the 4pk + KO RF-901SM.

In these pictures I can see a module, but it's not the RF-901SM.

Is it a different module?

Where can I buy it?

Juan

dorifto46
2010.03.12, 09:57 AM
The pictures that were taken were before he had modded the remote. And yes you still have to put the ko module in the radio

wikedgmc
2010.03.12, 10:31 AM
I don't understand anything.

The Taiwanese people said that they have the 4pk + KO RF-901SM.

In these pictures I can see a module, but it's not the RF-901SM.

Is it a different module?

Where can I buy it?

Juan

Like they said before, the pictures posted here were taken before I modded it. You do have to add a 901 module and put it inside the radio.

The next one I do I will take more detailed pictures during the mod.

thanks everyone

jafc76
2010.03.12, 10:34 AM
Now I understand!!!

Thank you!!!

I can't wait more!! :D

Juan

poolguru
2010.03.12, 10:37 AM
SMOOTH!

The radio is pimp for sure.Little tweaking on the trigger for personal preference and your dialed.I guess there will be alot more then 10 radios in the world now! I just don't understand all the secrecy from the guys in Taiwan.Whatever.

wikedgmc
2010.03.14, 12:09 AM
worked great for me all night on Friday and I also ran my mini-revo with a FASST receiver and it worked great as well.

jafc76
2010.03.14, 12:26 AM
Good news!

I'm waiting more pictures!

thanks!

wikedgmc
2010.03.14, 01:00 AM
well I just ordered another radio for someone and they are sending me their module as we speak.

I purchased a new radio for them and will mod it and send it to them ready to go.

jafc76
2010.03.15, 01:45 AM
Are you going to show pictures about the mod soon?

I wanna buy the 4PK and the KO module and install the KO module inside.

I'm not sure how to connect it.

I need your help!! Pleeeease!!!!!! ;)

Thanks

Juan

wikedgmc
2010.03.15, 02:36 AM
do my best to post pictures, but no promises.

jafc76
2010.03.15, 02:51 AM
Ok, I will wait until you post the pictures.

I'm electronic technician so I wanna mod the radio.

Waiting your pictures....

Thanks!!

Juan

wikedgmc
2010.03.15, 02:55 AM
Ok, I will wait until you post the pictures.

I'm electronic technician so I wanna mod the radio.

Waiting your pictures....

Thanks!!

Juan

I will do what I can....

If you are a tech you could probably figure it out. I bought mine and the day it got delivered I cracked it open and I had it modded in about 90 minutes.

jafc76
2010.03.15, 07:52 AM
If you culd tell me how to connect the pins, it's enough.

I think from the transmitter to the module is connected with the 5 pins, but only 4 are connected.

Transmitter ------ KO ASF module

1 --------------------- 1
2 --------------------- 3
3 --------------------- NC
4 --------------------- 4
5 --------------------- 5

This is like the 3PK.
I only wanna be sure, I don't wanna burn the 4PK.

Thank you always for your help.

Juan

wikedgmc
2010.03.31, 01:51 PM
yes that part is like the 3pk

3.3 Over
2010.08.08, 04:58 PM
heh heh heh,

just me perhaps but it is clear those who can make money or have people wanting to pay them money to do mods are not into sharing how to do it - for obvious reasons (money, duh)

all quick to tear teh 4pk open as soon as rec'd but thts about it afterwards, lol

wikedgmc
2010.08.08, 05:12 PM
heh heh heh,

just me perhaps but it is clear those who can make money or have people wanting to pay them money to do mods are not into sharing how to do it - for obvious reasons (money, duh)

all quick to tear teh 4pk open as soon as rec'd but thts about it afterwards, lol

I did this for me, looked for along time and finally took the chance and did it. I have done it for many of the local racers for little or no charge.

I am not willing to put it up here and have people translate it however they see then go and damage the radio they just bought and blame me for it.

I have only tried to sell 2 of these radios one I bought for a person then modded. They had an emergency and I wanted to get my money back and the second was one purchased for my daughter because her KO did not set up for left handed, but she likes her KO radio and did not like trying to drive with the left handed setup. So again I have an extra radio.

I opened and posted pictures of my radio when it was new, more than anyone else ever did for me. Once I opened it the rest was pretty obvious. I posted the pictures and most people should be able to figure it out from that. If not you may want someone else to do it for you.

Silverb
2010.08.09, 04:41 AM
I did this for me, looked for along time and finally took the chance and did it. I have done it for many of the local racers for little or no charge.

I am not willing to put it up here and have people translate it however they see then go and damage the radio they just bought and blame me for it.

I have only tried to sell 2 of these radios one I bought for a person then modded. They had an emergency and I wanted to get my money back and the second was one purchased for my daughter because her KO did not set up for left handed, but she likes her KO radio and did not like trying to drive with the left handed setup. So again I have an extra radio.

I opened and posted pictures of my radio when it was new, more than anyone else ever did for me. Once I opened it the rest was pretty obvious. I posted the pictures and most people should be able to figure it out from that. If not you may want someone else to do it for you.
Hi

I do not currently own either 3pk or 4pk, but researching to buy one. In the pictures you posted earlier, i see the fixe pins and from the explanation that you gave to jafc76 above, i assume the pins go to the module (is this correcte). Is there any modification of the module required? Any soldering?

Also you mentioned that it took you 90 minutes, is the majority of this to disassemble the radio (and module)? or is there other stuff missing.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Thank you!!

Silverb
2010.08.09, 04:42 AM

Hi

I do not currently own either 3pk or 4pk, but researching to buy one. In the pictures you posted earlier, i see the fixe pins and from the explanation that you gave to jafc76 above, i assume the pins go to the module (is this correcte). Is there any modification of the module required? Any soldering?

Also you mentioned that it took you 90 minutes, is the majority of this to disassemble the radio (and module)? or is there other stuff missing.

Thank you!!

wikedgmc
2010.08.09, 01:00 PM
Hi

Thank you!!

here are the modifications for the module. I would not shave the side of the board. It sits inside the radio better with the full size board.
http://reflexracing.net/FutabaSS_How_to.asp

took 90 minutes the first time I tried it between testing and checking stuff.

Joel2010
2010.08.30, 11:41 AM
here are the modifications for the module. I would not shave the side of the board. It sits inside the radio better with the full size board.
http://reflexracing.net/FutabaSS_How_to.asp

took 90 minutes the first time I tried it between testing and checking stuff.

That link is for 3PK ...

How about for 4PK anyone wanna share the tutorial ? tks..

banquer
2010.09.09, 04:14 PM
Another question.
I think the 4PK are sending signals with 901SM module and Futaba FASST module simultanously, isn't it?
The anntena wire of the KO module, where do you put it? With the FASST one?
King regards from Spain and thank you very much to share your work with us!!

doramider7
2010.09.24, 12:39 AM
Ha ! '
I knew you very well

Hello all,
i believe that 4PK will work with 2.4 ASF. I have a 3PJ ( previous to 3PK ) and it works , and its known to work with 3PK .
All you need is that PN racing adapter shown few posts before and the Ko-Propo Mini-Z module . Ko propo module goes on adapter and adapter on Transmitter. easy ! my dnano goes like that . Good Racing all !

banquer
2010.09.28, 10:57 PM
Thank you very much wikedgmc. Today I'd received mine 4PK and after an hour of work to fit the 901SM module all is done ant works fine.

King regards from Spain.

Felix2010
2010.09.29, 01:20 AM
I would like your opinion on how difficult this modification is to figure out - How to install 901-SM Mini-Z module into a 4PK?

I am coming from KO transmitters (Helios + EX1UR) and am thinking about trying Futaba. The 4PK, to modify it for 2.4 Mini-Z use, am I correct in that all that needs to be done is:

1. Disassemble 4PK.
2. Disassemble Mini-Z RF-901SM MIni-Z module.
3. Connect the 901SM's circuit board to the correct pins on one of the 4PK's PCB's.
Question here: Does any Module" boards need to be removed from the internals of the 4PK? Or am I simply "adding another module" to the 4PK by connecting the pins on each together, without taking any boards/anything at all out of the 4PK?

4. Reassemble.:)

I am not an electronics expert and am average with a soldering iron. What are my odds of figuring this mod out and getting my 4PK to work correctly 100% with both the Mini-Z 2.4 ASF and still also work 100% with Futaba FASST Rx's?

ANy more pics/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who share all this good info!:D

kaka
2010.09.29, 03:49 AM
AS promised everyone. Looks like a module based controller still just the module is inside. I am pretty sure that you use the display only setting to power the mini-z and I know the one I saw here the bind button and led were moved under the left side cap. When I get to Fast Pace Racing today I will play with it some more.

Anyone with thoughts or ideas chime in here. I love the feel of this radio so much more than the feel of the 3PK.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/MPValentine/IMG_6962.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/MPValentine/IMG_6963.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/MPValentine/IMG_6964.jpg

Would you plz share which pins goes to ASF pins ?

banquer
2010.09.30, 05:11 PM
Question here: Does any Module" boards need to be removed from the internals of the 4PK? Or am I simply "adding another module" to the 4PK by connecting the pins on each together, without taking any boards/anything at all out of the 4PK?

Not at all. No module needs to be removed. When you start the 4PK in DISP mode, Ko propo are working, if you start 4PK with normal on (radio mode), Ko module don't work and the futaba 2.4 FASST are working.

ANy more pics/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who share all this good info!:D

This is the way I connect 901SM module inside 4PK.
Hope this helps!
http://www.microrcgranada.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=orig&id=2211&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=102
http://www.microrcgranada.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=orig&id=2212&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=102
http://www.microrcgranada.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=orig&id=2213&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=102

And this is the way I'd done to pair module and miniZ. This way can backup your 4PK to it's original state, and don't need to do drills on the 4PK.
Don't forget to remove the 901SM led.
http://www.microrcgranada.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=orig&id=2219&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=102
The KO antena wire is not conected to the 4PK inside antena. Simply put it inside the 4PK, not attached to anything.
King regards from Granada (Spain).

banquer
2010.09.30, 05:13 PM
Would you plz share which pins goes to ASF pins ?

Use my photos and put attention on colored wires.
Cheers!

yscheong
2010.09.30, 08:56 PM
This is the way I connect 902SM module inside 4PK.

Don't forget to remove the 901SM led.

Sorry, is 901sm or 902sm in the 4pk?

kaka
2010.09.30, 09:54 PM
Use my photos and put attention on colored wires.
Cheers!

I'd like to confirm :

1. The "black" and the "green" 're sockets are'nt they?

2. We have to disconnect the led to turn ASF on and connect it to FASST mode. So we don't have to press the "pairing botton" in ASF module ?

Thak's you very much for your sharing. I'm very appreciated for it.

banquer
2010.10.01, 12:40 AM
Sorry, is 901sm or 902sm in the 4pk?

Sorry, is the 901SM.

banquer
2010.10.01, 09:39 AM
I'd like to confirm :

1. The "black" and the "green" 're sockets are'nt they?

I don't understand. Can you explain it?

2. We have to disconnect the led to turn ASF on and connect it to FASST mode. So we don't have to press the "pairing botton" in ASF module ?

Thak's you very much for your sharing. I'm very appreciated for it.

No.
You must disconnect the led to do the 901SM more thickness and can be inserted into the 4PK more easy.
The paring switch are the green and red wires in the left side of the 4PK. To put 901SM into paring mode, you must to plug the pin, wait five secods, and unplug it.
Regards.

kaka
2010.10.03, 08:45 PM

No.
You must disconnect the led to do the 901SM more thickness and can be inserted into the 4PK more easy.
The paring switch are the green and red wires in the left side of the 4PK. To put 901SM into paring mode, you must to plug the pin, wait five secods, and unplug it.
Regards.

Sorry. it's my english...I mean a connector.

I was in my office when I read it, so I was confused...but now It's clear & once again....thank you so much, now I can play my ASF mini-z with my 4 PK.

john-lam
2010.10.04, 10:24 AM

No.
Regards.

Hi:

thank you for your vulable information to modify the 4pk to suit mini z system
however i have two things need your help.

1) you mean disconnect the led, it means the led should be taken out from the 901sm pcb board?

2) During paring with the mini z car, Should i need to hold the pairing button
on the car PCB board and at the same time connect the pin on the 4pk for five seconds and then disconnect it

it would be appreciated if you can help me clarify these two things

thanks one more time

banquer
2010.10.04, 11:25 AM
Hi:

1) you mean disconnect the led, it means the led should be taken out from the 901sm pcb board?

Yes, thats right!

2) During paring with the mini z car, Should i need to hold the pairing button
on the car PCB board and at the same time connect the pin on the 4pk for five seconds and then disconnect it

it would be appreciated if you can help me clarify these two things

thanks one more time

In this order.
1st. plug red and green wires from 4PK.
2nd. Turn on the 4PK.
3rd. Count five seconds.
4th. Unplug red and green wires.

Now the the 4PK is in 901SM paring mode.

Turn the miniz on with the pairing switch on. When miniz led goes on, release switch. Led must be on. If wright then turn off the miniz and the 4pk. If not repeat the proccess.
Dont forget to put 4PK in normal mode and C1 emission mode. And turn on to DISP mode (this is the mode that the 901SM run).

They are sincronized!

King regards!

Felix2010
2010.10.04, 03:27 PM
Thank you so much for all the detailed information! I know taking pics and explaining things take time and effort and I appreciate all he effort you put into doing this tutorial for us. Great job!

hcw0zone
2010.10.05, 12:45 AM
:) :) Thanks so much !!! "Banquer" :):)

john-lam
2010.10.05, 09:45 AM
Yes, thats right!

In this order.
1st. plug red and green wires from 4PK.
2nd. Turn on the 4PK.
3rd. Count five seconds.
4th. Unplug red and green wires.

Now the the 4PK is in 901SM paring mode.

Turn the miniz on with the pairing switch on. When miniz led goes on, release switch. Led must be on. If wright then turn off the miniz and the 4pk. If not repeat the proccess.
Dont forget to put 4PK in normal mode and C1 emission mode. And turn on to DISP mode (this is the mode that the 901SM run).

They are sincronized!

King regards!

Hi : Banquer

First of all thank you doing great job for us,however i still have thing not quite sure.Please forgive me not smart enough.

you mentioned that plug red and green wire from 4pk, where should i plug to??

or from your picture green wire is connect with a white small connector(or jumper etc) and red wire is not connect anything. In this situation is it call unplug ?(not pairing status).

if red wire and green wire both connected by that connector (or jumper). In this siuation is it call plugged ? (Pairing status)

appreciated if you could help

thanks

regards

john

banquer
2010.10.06, 09:45 AM
Hi : Banquer

you mentioned that plug red and green wire from 4pk, where should i plug to??
or from your picture green wire is connect with a white small connector(or jumper etc) and red wire is not connect anything. In this situation is it call unplug ?(not pairing status).

That's wright. I want to do this manner because the 4PK are still in warranty time and if I need to send to service, only need to get out the 901SM module.

if red wire and green wire both connected by that connector (or jumper). In this siuation is it call plugged ? (Pairing status)

Yes, better written ;)

See attached photos by hcw0zone, they had done a very fine work!
Cheers:)

p993c4s
2010.10.29, 09:02 AM
Just finished mine up last night and it works flawlessly. Thanks for all the pics and info. I wired mine up a little different though. I used my KO module that was already modified for my 3pk, and I'm guessing you guys didn't mod your 901. That's the only reason I can see there being a difference.

Getting the settings right on the radio also cost me little time since it's new to me. Once I figured it out though, it worked instantly. Thanks again.

josyskunk
2010.11.19, 10:07 PM
anyone knows if the same mod will work on the new 4PKS ?

banquer
2010.11.20, 03:21 PM
I don't kwow!

josyskunk
2010.12.12, 12:21 AM
just did my 4PKS, works perfectly

moz
2010.12.12, 02:57 AM
just did my 4PKS, works perfectly

4PKS conversion using 901 or 902 module?...thx

josyskunk
2010.12.12, 11:51 PM
901SM
thanks everyone for the help

will61
2010.12.22, 02:15 PM
Hi, i'm looking into the dnano cars and i'm wondering if this mod will work with the dnano car models aswell. I have a 4PK itching to get modified...

Thanks
Will M

dvsstrike
2010.12.23, 06:03 AM
yes the modwill work as it uses the ko mini z module

john-lam
2011.01.01, 03:02 AM
Hi Friends:

I need your help since i upgraded my transmitter to sanwa m11 and using ko-prop 901sm model. The mR-o2 car working properly.

the steering left and right are no problem

the throttle control forward no problem

only problem is it can not control reverse the car

it would be appreciated if any friend can help

best regards

john

Joel2010
2011.01.01, 08:30 PM
Hi Friends:

I need your help since i upgraded my transmitter to sanwa m11 and using ko-prop 901sm model. The mR-o2 car working properly.

the steering left and right are no problem

the throttle control forward no problem

only problem is it can not control reverse the car

it would be appreciated if any friend can help

best regards

john

Hi John,
Please try to adjust TH subtrim by adding H to 15
My Sanwa had same issue and now is fine.

Joel

john-lam
2011.01.02, 11:33 PM
HI Joel:

i will try this

thanks for your help and happy new year to you

regards

john

john-lam
2011.01.03, 12:47 AM
Hi John,
Please try to adjust TH subtrim by adding H to 15
My Sanwa had same issue and now is fine.

Joel

Hi Joel:

You Advice is OK,now my car can go forward and backward fine, thank you
however i still have minor issue, there are some delay from forward change to backward ( i think one or two seconds). Is it normal? or is there a way to
improve??

appreciated if you can advice

thanks

regards

john

Joel2010
2011.02.07, 01:14 AM
Hi Joel:

You Advice is OK,now my car can go forward and backward fine, thank you
however i still have minor issue, there are some delay from forward change to backward ( i think one or two seconds). Is it normal? or is there a way to
improve??

appreciated if you can advice

thanks

regards

john

Thats Great~!

If your board Mr02 (RA-18) will have issue delay reverse as this is 1gen.
Mr03 board RA-22 is just perfect!

john-lam
2011.02.10, 09:19 AM
Thanks Joel:

i will try it on mr03 board

regards

john

john-lam
2011.06.18, 12:15 PM
Dear All Friends:

I have a problem, i just brought a chase model (tiki tiki model) i know that must use 3 channel to control the car take over. I am using sanwa m11 transmitter.

could any friend help me how to set transmitter to suit both chase model
in detail?

it would be appreciate if any friend could help

thanks a lot

best regards

lam

k20man
2011.09.05, 11:57 PM
nice thanks to this I am getting into the mini z game !!!

CedMan
2011.09.19, 03:17 PM
I did this just this weekend with my 4PK and ko-901.

it works, but I notice that the servo is making the diss diss noise more than when I was using it on the ko transmitter.

I drove my MR03 around and it seems to work okay, just wondering if others are experiencing similar thing.

ralf.g
2011.12.22, 03:55 PM
Hi,

Can anybody help me,.?

I have done everything exactly as the pictures.

When the 4pk is pared with the mini-z the throttle goes full an steering to the right, after 10 sec, it stop and doesn't response anymore,.!

(what is c1 emission mode,.???)

THX,.!!!

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-C38P8TB7-D.jpg

josyskunk
2011.12.22, 06:11 PM
where are the yellow and white wires connecting to ? I have done same mod and everything works perfectly but I don't remember connecting the yellow and white wires.

C1 mode is non digital mode for Futaba. You need to be in C1 mode for this mod to works.

TheSteve
2011.12.22, 10:32 PM
Joey is correct - you need to select "C1 Normal" under the RXSYS menu - also be sure to turn down your steering ATV some as the Futaba outputs more travel then the miniz servo needs. You also want to be at 50/50 under THMOD.

ralf.g
2011.12.23, 03:33 AM
The Yellow / White is for binding, i have placed a switch for binding.

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-TVX4RVGP-D.jpg

Is this oke,.?
I cannot sect another mode then this or the C2

and this is the throttle brake ...
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-MLJ6PRA4-D.jpg

Thx for helping,.!!!!

ralf.g
2011.12.23, 12:20 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48339513/IMAG0178.jpg

Thx for helping,..!!!!!

ralf.g
2011.12.23, 01:40 PM
Thanx you all,...!

TheSteve
2011.12.30, 05:59 PM
My RF-901SM came in today. I have installed a module in a 4PK before for a friend but discovered something interesting about the 4PK so I did my mod a little differently then most.

If you open up the radio you can remove the entire battery tray leaving tons of room in the battery compartment area. Not only could we stuff a massive LiPo/LiFe/Eneloop pack etc in the radio but we can put the module into the battery compartment!
Only three wires from the 4PK are needed - Power, ground and the PPM signal. I ran them down using a servo extension into the battery compartment. Then I put the other end of the extension onto the module itself which has been de-cased. I put some shrink wrap over the module and used double sided tape to hold it in place. The mod is done and there is no need to worry about extending the LED and bind buttons.

cowboysir
2011.12.30, 06:04 PM
Very cool finish, Steve...wish my 3PK had that kind of room.

TheSteve
2011.12.30, 06:11 PM
If you wanted to use a smaller 3S LiPo for the 3PK we could do the mod.

TheSteve
2012.01.12, 03:04 PM
I configured my 4PK to operate chase mode today using channel 3. I set EPA at 80% for travel(probably not required) and used the button on the grip(PS1) - the most important thing to note is that you need to reverse channel 3, then it works great. I have no real plans to use chase mode but I wanted to verify how it worked.

moz
2012.02.20, 12:42 AM
nice one Sir TheSteve

raveracer
2012.04.17, 06:52 PM
My RF-901SM came in today. I have installed a module in a 4PK before for a friend but discovered something interesting about the 4PK so I did my mod a little differently then most.

If you open up the radio you can remove the entire battery tray leaving tons of room in the battery compartment area. Not only could we stuff a massive LiPo/LiFe/Eneloop pack etc in the radio but we can put the module into the battery compartment!
Only three wires from the 4PK are needed - Power, ground and the PPM signal. I ran them down using a servo extension into the battery compartment. Then I put the other end of the extension onto the module itself which has been de-cased. I put some shrink wrap over the module and used double sided tape to hold it in place. The mod is done and there is no need to worry about extending the LED and bind buttons.
Hi steve love your work have just got a 4pk and have kopro module for my old 3pk i am not great with electronics so i am looking for someone to do your mod can you help and ware do you live thanks pete

cowboysir
2012.04.17, 07:20 PM
TheSteve lives in Vancouver BC. You might have some luck sending him a pm.

Djgoku
2013.04.02, 03:37 PM
Any of you guys think this mod can be done to Futaba 4PL?

Tanks

TheSteve
2013.04.02, 04:25 PM
Any of you guys think this mod can be done to Futaba 4PL?

Tanks

Does it have a DSC output on it?
Do you have internal pictures of the radio?

Djgoku
2013.04.04, 02:42 PM
Does it have a DSC output on it?
Do you have internal pictures of the radio?

Hello Steve!

Found one in rc crawler!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/oldschooltunervw/20121008_200445.jpg

TheSteve
2013.04.04, 03:02 PM
I do see what appears to be a separate RF board but can't really see enough detail to know exactly whats going on. Also does the radio have a DSC output?

Djgoku
2013.04.04, 06:59 PM
I do see what appears to be a separate RF board but can't really see enough detail to know exactly whats going on. Also does the radio have a DSC output?

This guy posted a video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY14nmRW2KA

Djgoku
2013.04.04, 07:05 PM

Here´s other photo

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-q5GbM-fAVL0/UQPtsYssc0I/AAAAAAAADWM/VqudIgsuMmw/s800/IMG_20130126_090031.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-YH6FO1fUUbc/UQPtkvEMibI/AAAAAAAADWE/0hYMKziGWyE/s800/IMG_20130126_090415-1.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa347/djarum076/DSC_0040.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa347/djarum076/DSC_0039.jpg

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/attachments/electronics/222601d1358383656-imag0815.jpg

TheSteve
2013.04.04, 08:30 PM
Well you never said if the radio had DSC output or not. I did a quick google search and didn't find that as a feature so I would say it cannot be modified. Without having one in front of me to check though I can't say that with 100% certainty.