PDA

View Full Version : GPM Lower Motor Pod

Ruffrydin Z's
2001.11.06, 01:33 PM
I was looking at the GPM Lower Motor Pod (MZ013A) and wondering if the X-Speed motor will fit onto it and if the rear shock mounts the same? How about the roll shocks do they mount the same too?

Russ
2001.11.06, 02:18 PM
If it's the mount for the stock style motor, yes, the x-speed will fit. As for both motor pods, the H bars will all hook up the same way. And as for the kyosho rear spring shock, I've been trying to find out myself if it will attatch to the gpm motor mount.

So, I'm 2 for 3 on this one :p

Russ

ruf
2001.11.06, 02:50 PM
The MZ013A is for GPM mod motors. Kyosho motors can be made to fit by drilling and tapping mount holes in the motor can.

ApacheXMD
2001.11.07, 01:06 AM
speaking of lowered motor mounts, I ghetto rigged my own. I made a custom H-plate but angled the screw mount on the motor end about 15 degrees. The pic illustrates this better than my jumbled words. The measurements are in millimeters.

The motor actually sits less than a mm off the ground due to my weak manufacturing skills and tire wear.

It helps in handling a bit, it feels tighter in the turns. But that may be all psychological... :)

-patchy

Ruffrydin Z's
2001.11.07, 02:19 PM
Nice CAD drawing and thanks for the idea! I'll have to see what I can do:)

Shrubba
2001.11.13, 12:13 PM
ApacheXMD,
That is a great idea! I might have to give it a try :)
I have a couple extra kyosho motor mounts :)

Shrubba