PDA

View Full Version : R1wurks 750mah Ultra High Output AAA

R1WURKS
2009.02.26, 12:14 AM
R1wurks 750mah Ultra High Output AAA, same batteries used by Jacob Feinstein & Lex Tyler at the 2008 PNWC will be available to the public very soon. this should be available at you favorite online stores mid March.

Felix2010
2009.02.26, 05:32 PM
I would greatly appreciate if I could ask a few questions:

1)- You previously stated that your R1wurks' 750 Ultra-High Output AAA cells are not matched Team Orion SHO 750 AAA cells. As you've probably read myself and others have had problems with Orion SHO 750's venting. Some people have said this is normal (to a point I suppose, due to the different cell technology used). I personally emailed you (R1wurks) for your input on some AAA cells that vented on me and you replied, "Don't use them. The liquid in the battery will slowly leak from time to time & it will corrode your terminals both on the charger & on the car. And if I were you I wouldn't buy those cells anymore. - Steve". I would like to make sure that the R1wurks' 750 Ultra-High Output cells will not vent. I understand that most likely you will have instructions on how to charge these new cells, and I will follow them exactly. But as you posted, you had to resolve venting issues with your R1wurks 750 cells, and I am concerned about this.

2)- I have two sets of Orion SHO 750 AAA cells, and all but 2 cells have vented at one point. First let me say, the second pack of Orion 750's I bought didn't vent at first, but the peak voltage was not as high as my Orion 900's or Intellect 750's.
Back to venting: I read that a few guys were still trying to use their SHO 750 Orion's even though they vented. By charging the 750's at a low-current (500mah-600mah) they got the cells to charge OK. I tried this, and even though most of my 750's I re-tried didn't vent again, their peak voltage was very poor compared to Team Orion's 900HV AAA cells - On average I got ~6.1v peak volt/per 4 cell pack with Orion 750's compared to 6.4+ peak volts average/ per 4 cells Orion 900HV's. How are your R1wurks' 750's peak voltage per cell on average? (I realize IR & discharge rate are very important too in determining a cell's performance).

As you've stated, your 750 AAA's are the same cells that took Jacob and Lex to 1st place finishes at the 2008 PNWC finals. It sounds like you have found a way to get your 750 U.H.O. cells to perform. It is from my experience your R1wurks' matched Team Orion 900HV Pro-Competition cells are EXCELLENT cells, and I am wondering if you could describe the difference between your R1 750 U.H.O. cells and your R1 matched Orion's?

I am sorry for the long post. I am no way doubting the quality of the cells you produce. I know your matching process is state-of-the-art, and I have been a happy customer of yours. I am just a discerning customer. :)

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you!
Best Regards,
Lawrence McCabe

CristianTabush
2009.02.27, 11:00 AM
As you know, Reflex drivers run R1 batteries. I pushed Steve to release these cells because they are the best I have found. They are noticeably quicker than anything else available. They also handle discharge loads better than any other cell and therefore run time in mah is surprisingly higher than the 900 at a high load. (the cells don't loose energy in overheating) . As for charging, these cells have not yet vented on me. I charged them at 3 amps at the WC for Lex with no problem. What is the difference? This cell does not go through the VMAX process that Orion puts the blue cells through. The VMAX is designed to increase voltage, but it also makes the cells volatile. R1 Cells are not put though the same voltage enhancement methods that Orion uses, but are rather trained by Steve while they are being matched on his Turbo matchers to Lower the Internal Resistance even further than what these cells already have. This is what leads to that mad "punch" that is so necessary for stock racing.

Felix2010
2009.02.27, 10:48 PM
Thank you for the info CT, for describing the difference between the R1 750 cells and Orion's 750SHO cells. If you charged these @3A without problems that sounds good enough for me.:)
I appreciate the reply, Take Care.

Traveler
2009.02.27, 11:17 PM
Lawrence,

Check your PMs.

Cherub1m
2009.03.03, 10:03 AM
As you know, Reflex drivers run R1 batteries. I pushed Steve to release these cells because they are the best I have found. They are noticeably quicker than anything else available. They also handle discharge loads better than any other cell and therefore run time in mah is surprisingly higher than the 900 at a high load. (the cells don't loose energy in overheating) . As for charging, these cells have not yet vented on me. I charged them at 3 amps at the WC for Lex with no problem. What is the difference? This cell does not go through the VMAX process that Orion puts the blue cells through. The VMAX is designed to increase voltage, but it also makes the cells volatile. R1 Cells are not put though the same voltage enhancement methods that Orion uses, but are rather trained by Steve while they are being matched on his Turbo matchers to Lower the Internal Resistance even further than what these cells already have. This is what leads to that mad "punch" that is so necessary for stock racing.

3 amps :eek::eek::eek: wow!!! I like it. I may have to try these R1 750's.

Cristian whats the most amps you ever charged an Orion 900 HV's?

CristianTabush
2009.03.03, 05:09 PM
I only charge at 2.5-3.0 A ;)

Make sure that you keep an eye on your cells though. It is not recommended by the manufacturer, and I by no means endorse it, but I am yet to have a battery failure at this amp rate.

cowboysir
2009.03.04, 04:52 PM
Chistian/R1,

What type of cooling method do you use (if other than some simple DC fan) for keeping the temps consitent while charging these cells at that 4C listed rate?

R1WURKS
2009.03.10, 12:09 AM
The much awaited R1wurks 750mah AAA Ultra High Output(2008 World Champion Batteries) are now available to the public. Available in both regular unmatched & matched batteries.

And our top selling R1wurks 990UHO AAA regular unmatched & matched batteries are now back in stock.

We will start shipping out to dealers tomorrow.

Please email us if you have any questions.

Steve Villanueva

R1wurks.com

R1wurks@r1wurks.com

Traveler
2009.03.13, 05:34 AM
Bump.

Just ordered a set of the new 750s. Can't wait to try them.

Traveler
2009.03.14, 05:20 PM
The new UHO 750s arrived today and I can't wait to try them :D

BUT... They came in the 990 UHO packaging which seems a little odd.

Traveler
2009.03.18, 05:55 AM
After running these new cells a few times, I think I like them. They have plenty of juice that seems to flow evenly. Run time is good. Anyone else tried them yet?

R1WURKS
2009.07.03, 03:15 PM
now back in stock!!!!!

blt456
2009.07.03, 06:52 PM
I have been running the R1WURKS 900uho cells for about a year now. They are awesome for stock class. I decided to try out the first batch of 750uho and they are even better. The punch is absolutely insane and I will be only ordering more packs. Thanks for the great batteries.

kingpest13
2009.07.04, 03:47 AM
looks like i now have to get some too. you know, every time someone comes up with the latest, greatest us poor shmucks at the back of the line have to get in on it too, or we'll get rear ended:D

QDriver
2009.07.07, 07:44 AM
anyone know the internal impedance of this cell and other cell that popular among racer pls post them, i usually pick batt by comparing the capacity=runtime, voltage=speed, int.resistance=punch.. tested with my T30.
But never find this information posted at this forum.

M7King
2009.08.19, 10:34 AM
Awesome packs!

mk2kompressor
2009.09.22, 05:18 PM
the sites down:(

alanfujii
2009.10.25, 12:46 AM
I just bought a couple of matched R1 Wurks AAA batteries. Do I still run them in the "break-in" mode on the MAHA charger?

Tjay
2009.11.11, 03:55 PM
So far mine still works GREAT!

I have 4x pack of 750 unmatched r1 cells that I "ghetto matched" ;) using my ICE. These were purchased on Sept 18, 2009 and they still work as good as how they were brand new. Keep in mind that I play daily. I average at about 2 hours of straight practice a day and I still get 830mah on each cell.

I only charge them with 0.8 amps. This way I don't have to worry about them leaking or whatsoever. Punch difference between 2 amp, 1 amp and .8 amp charge? I don't know, I honestly cant tell. All I know is that with .8 amps, my car stays fast and consistent for the entire 12-15 mins of runtime with atomic USA motor.

EMU
2009.11.11, 04:21 PM
I won a set of these at a race... I used a PN charging tray, DTX Onyx 220 charger at the settings described on the package... 1A charge, 10mV delta peak. 3 out of the 4 cells leaked pretty bad. I discharged with a Novak tray and charged again at .7A. No leaks, and they charged up to 870mah. I hope the cells didnt get too damaged with the 1A charge that vented them... I charge my TSR cells at 2A without a problem. I mainly prefer to charge faster for time issues rather than punch. Running many classes, I cannot wait for my cells to charge at .7A...

At .5A charge, the cells hit the 1000mah cutoff that I have set for my 900mah cells... So that is too little amperage for the 10mV peak detect.

z3zinho
2009.11.11, 06:02 PM
EMU, is that 10mV per pack, or per cell??? If it's per cell, they bat's should have exploded by now :D If it's now, I think it's rather low... :rolleyes:

EMU
2009.11.11, 06:09 PM
Alberto, That was for the pack...

I have just started using standard series chargers recently, after having both of my Lacrosse chargers fail on me. So I have to learn a lot more about what works well for each type of battery. The TRP cells work well with these settings, as do the Team Scream cells. (2A/10mV). The R1 750s cant even take 1A with the PN alloy charging tray. I havent tried them in the ATM charging stick configuration yet... but I figured that the alloy tray would keep them cooler.

Congratulations on your F1 victory at the PNWC. Wish I could have battled with you guys, my F1 is pretty good, and my favorite class to race. Please send your setup to Cristian so he can update the Reflex site, I want to see what you were running with. On the regional layout, my car was about .4s faster than anyone elses...

ruf
2009.11.11, 06:18 PM
Please send your setup to Cristian so he can update the Reflex site, I want to see what you were running with.He was running what used to be my car... :) With no setup changes so it was pretty pokey, but he drove the snot out of it! Andreas' is the setup that I want to see... :eek:

EMU
2009.11.11, 07:50 PM
Joe, I have found that the PN15d tires are at least 1/2 a second faster than the setup that I raced at the KO race with you... I used a different car at the PN regional race, PN mount and ATM disc damper... As well as a few other small changes.

I want to see what Andreas' setup is as well. F1 is starting to make a come back :)

z3zinho
2009.11.12, 05:22 AM
I usually use 4mv per cell, so that equals 16mv for a pack. 750 I charge at 1amp but I use a small fan to help keep the bat's cool. No venting what so ever until know.
Just remember that it's very important to equalize the cells properly.

off topic: Thanks man... I loved racing F1. I didn't even think I had a chance at the title until after I won the first main. I just ran the car as Joe sent it. It handled good, but if you check Andreas, Carlos and Bills lap times they were way faster then me.
As for Andreas setup, the car looked awesome. I saw hes car, and he explained the setup to me. One thing I remember is he had a lot of droop in the rear and was using the atomic disc damper. I'm trying to track him down, but haven't heard from him in any of the international forums :rolleyes:
One thing is for sure, next year I will be running F1 again!!

Tjay
2010.01.13, 12:05 PM
Just want to Thank Steve of R1wurks for this high power/very consistent batteries! The batteries I used for Tekin was bought in Sept 18, 2009 and I use them daily and I still get 750+ mah and same punch from day one! The race was 8 mins with PN33 turn modified motor and I didn't feel any drop of punch from first to last lap...

This is what I would consider the best pack available in the market. Thank you!!! Also, thank you for sponsoring the Tekin race. A lot of guys were happy to leave the weekend with r1 batt packs. =)

LED
2010.01.13, 12:33 PM
How come I cant find these batteries on the R1wurks site ?

Tjay
2010.01.13, 12:51 PM
I'm charging at work and here's where it peaked.

Label on the cell indicates the date and cell#: 9= Sept 18=day 12=cell#12

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/FPR%20Mini-Z/IMG_1288.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/FPR%20Mini-Z/IMG_1289.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/FPR%20Mini-Z/IMG_1290.jpg

Btw, the packs I used were charged the night before and few hrs before the race. Didn't need to repeak it.

LED: Click here. (http://wholesale.r1wurks.com/)

LED
2010.01.13, 01:25 PM
Thx, but the 12 min order is a little to much...

Tjay
2010.01.13, 01:38 PM
ooppss my bad!

You can also buy it here (http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=r1%20&sort=2a&page=2).

Roger
2010.01.18, 09:42 PM
Im looking into getting some of these batteries. What initial charge should I start charging them at ??? I've heard that you had to " train " the batteries by charging at a super low amp rate before you can charge them at higher amp rates ? Can some elaborate on this for me ? I don't want to charge the battery at .8 amps and have them leak on me. Thanks.

blt456
2010.01.18, 10:36 PM
R1 750's are crazy. They have lots of runtime for me and loads of power. I can run stock motors and people think I run mod with these batteries. I have charged my practice cells at 2 amps on my maha c9000 when I'm impatient but now charge all my new ones (black 750s) at .8 amps. I broke mine in by discharging, charging at 500mah, discharge, then 800mah charge.

R1WURKS
2010.01.19, 01:11 AM
Thanks TJay, We really appreciate your feedback. It means a lot to us to hear that from a world class driver like you, our hard work definitely paid off.

To all Mini-z racers out there, thanks for everyone's support.

Discharging definitely helps in balancing the cells before charging.

charge amps really depends on the charger you are using, start low & work your way up.

if anyone has any questions or concerns, your are welcome to email us at r1wurks@r1wurks.com

Tjay
2010.02.11, 12:57 PM
I just cant enough of this battery! lol...

I noticed that if I charge mine daily, I peaked at about 700+ mah/cell and if I let it rest for 24 hours (discharged) and charge it at .8 amps. I get way over 800+ mah and this is consistent!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/FPR%20Mini-Z/IMG_1395.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/FPR%20Mini-Z/IMG_1396.jpg

Off the charger or few hours off the charger, I still get the same amount of punch and it's consistent punch till 12 mins with speedy07 motor!

No matter what you do, they will leak but after that few leaks, it'll eventually stopped leaking. Mine hasn't leaked after 5-8x cycles.. those cells on the pic were bought in Sept '09 and used daily. No drop of performance till this day!!! Amazing!

EMU
2010.02.11, 05:24 PM
I tried mine again, with a less aggressive delta peak of .4mv. I had no leaks, not sure if its because they leaked everything out already, or if it had to do with my charge settings. They ran good. We ran a mini-enduro, and I did about a 25 minute stint with them (70t motor).

I ran my trusty Team Screams, that are old, I didnt have the same punch (since they are old), but I had about the same runtime. I think I set my fastest laps of the enduro with these cells. And they were very consistant (no noticable slow down) until past the 15 minute mark.

SaiTam
2010.08.11, 10:58 AM
I wrote to R1Wurks twice and never heard back from them (now almost 2 weeks)regarding a pack of 750mah which vented/leak and became unusable upon first charge. Does the company still exist?

Edited: R1wurks got back to me and will send me a replacement

VAzRACER
2010.08.11, 11:27 AM
Mostly all if the r1 750's vent but only for the first or second charge. I have six sets and they all vented for the first charge and then stopped. They are actually some of my better cells, it what I used all weekend for the NJ regional. At a 2.5 amp charge they gave me the best power and speed over anything I had.

SaiTam
2010.08.11, 11:33 AM
Mine leaked acid all over and left a mess. The pack didn't work afterwards (power on - no response).

Arahawak
2010.08.11, 11:40 AM
Mine leaked acid all over and left a mess. The pack didn't work afterwards (power on - no response).

might have been a bad batch. I got 4 sets of 990s and 2 sets 750s so far, none of them had the issue you mentioned.

initial 1st 2 packs of 990s vented because i went aggressive in charging them, the later packs were ok as i progressively cycle them.

SaiTam
2010.08.11, 11:55 AM
Maybe I was unlucky, that was my first R1wurks purchase also. I was told 990 is better.

doug01n
2010.08.11, 12:21 PM
I'm bringing the R1wurks cells to my brazilian friends at our track.... About 35 packs being used by them and none have any problem with any packs. I'll buy 18 more packs, this cells are simply amazing!!!

SaiTam
2010.08.11, 01:52 PM
Grant was fast using the 990mah at PNWC.

R1WURKS
2010.08.11, 01:55 PM
Sai, I apologize we did not get your first email. We got your second email today & replied within a few hours after getting it.

We will replace your battery & ship them out as soon as today.

ChiMiniRc
2010.08.11, 01:56 PM
Can someone elaborate on what venting is and what to expect? Is this just gas hissing or is something physically leaked from the cell?

R1WURKS
2010.08.11, 02:02 PM
Chad Nelson was also using R1wurks Batteries taking 1st on Gt mod, 1st on Pan mod & 2nd stock class at the pn regionals @ Maj

lfisminiz
2010.08.11, 03:38 PM

Hey Sai, what i started doing was for the first 3 charge/discharge cycles, i used my old Maha charger, the one that charges 8 batts. Its fairly mild charge and IF they leak it wont really mess anything up. Then i go to my PN charger and start at 1amp for a couple of times. No leaking after that at all.

Old Crow
2010.08.11, 04:11 PM
At the end of last year I bought a set of 750Mah R1 Wurks and the first time they were charged, they leaked bad. I thru them out right away, was always told if batteries leak, there no good anymore. A couple weeks later I was told that it was normal and expected for these cells. Doesn't seem right that it should happen though, isn't this a safety issue? It's battery acid after all.