PDA

View Full Version : MR02 Limited Edition chassis

Red Team
2009.02.27, 01:16 PM
Hi guys,

Just seen on ANOTHER FORUM, (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mini-rc.fr%2F&sl=fr&tl=en) Kyosho will launch a limited edition of the MR02 chassis, with nice touches like full bearings, ball diff, x-speed motor, disk damper and some other goodies...looks nice, I wonder what price it will have !

http://www.rc-pbm.com.fr/catalog/images/30450SP.jpg

Skv012a
2009.02.27, 01:27 PM
Whats that blue band on the bottom?

pinoyboy
2009.02.27, 01:33 PM
I think the chassis is just sitting on top of a blue car car stand

Red Team
2009.02.27, 01:47 PM
I think it's a stand as well...there is a Gold Plated baterry terminals in there ?

Oohh...and it's 2.4 :D

MantisMMA
2009.02.27, 03:18 PM
the chassis is black too! not that brittle smoked/clear stuff...nice!

MacTuffer
2009.02.27, 03:56 PM
Nice!!!!! Got to save somme mony now.

byebye
2009.02.27, 09:40 PM
Doesn't look worth it to me. It's all parts that we end up replacing anyway. I'm willing to bet it will retail for $175-$200.

Kris

MantisMMA
2009.02.27, 09:51 PM
175 would be a smokin deal even 200 would be good! the chassis alone is 130 ,diff is 50, DDS 45, bearings 20,shock 40, x speed etc etc. only thing missing is an aluminum motor mount. i bet it will be 249.00

byebye
2009.02.27, 11:13 PM
175 would be a smokin deal even 200 would be good! the chassis alone is 130 ,diff is 50, DDS 45, bearings 20,shock 40, x speed etc etc. only thing missing is an aluminum motor mount. i bet it will be 249.00

Diff $50? DDS $45? Shock $40??????

Even Kyosho parts are not that expensive.

Kris

Fovea3d
2009.02.28, 01:08 AM
I have read on that other forum that this chassis will be sold with no RX, also will be limited to 1000 pieces. This to celebrate 10 years mini-Z...Yes 10 years already ;)

Pierro
2009.02.28, 03:56 AM
Hello!

Official link from the kyosho website for this beautiful little beast.

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=104993

Who will be the proud owner of this?
And... Who will race it?:D

Red Team
2009.02.28, 08:40 AM
Ok, HERE (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kyosho.com%2Fjpn%2Fproducts%2Fr c%2Fdetail.html%3Fproduct_id%3D104993&sl=ja&tl=en) is the translated version of the page.

What we can see there: it will be released on October 3rd, 2009, it will cost 15,750 Yen ~ $160...and it's an empty chassis, no PCB, so you can install your favourite electronics in it.
As we know the Japs crazy about gadgets, this won't even get the chance to be sold outside Japan. Maybe they take pre-oders :D

Skv012a
2009.02.28, 09:58 AM
Unless this bucked has a "Limited Edition" stamp all over it, I don't really see a point. Its more fun to build one IMO.

Red Team
2009.02.28, 10:22 AM
What I really like it's the RED colour plates on the diff ;)

arch2b
2009.02.28, 11:04 AM
i was just going to mention that. are diffs now going to be red instead of blue?

ChiefGreenLeaf
2009.02.28, 11:35 AM
i was just going to mention that. are diffs now going to be red instead of blue?

Red parts are exclusive to this kit.

MantisMMA
2009.02.28, 06:00 PM
Diff $50? DDS $45? Shock $40??????

Even Kyosho parts are not that expensive.

Kris

my bad! at any rate 200 is a good deal

x speed 22
dif 39
dds 25.00
shock 28.00
chassis 140
thats 249 without bearings,anodized nuts and hplates

Ronac
2009.02.28, 06:05 PM
If you look carefully, you'll see that it doesn't come with a board. The board itself is worth $80 (For ASF). Who know if it even comes with servo gears.. :confused:

byebye
2009.02.28, 07:33 PM
my bad! at any rate 200 is a good deal

x speed 22
dif 39
dds 25.00
shock 28.00
chassis 140
thats 249 without bearings,anodized nuts and hplates

x speed $17.99
dif $32.99
dds $32.99
oil shock $13.99
Smoke chassis w/gold connectors 20.99

$118.95

~$30 for a alloy motor mount
~$15-$30 for a new motor

New total-$163.95-$178.95 for equivelent upgrades for a normal racer like you and I. We will most likely dump the x-speed for an aftermarket motor and will most likely upgrade the stock plastic motor mount for an aluminum mount to accomodate most aftermarket motors.

Also this is sans electronics and you can tack on another $89.99 for that.

New total $253.94-$268.94 for a complete chassis. I've always budgeted around $300 for a complete race ready chassis.

So it's not a bad deal if you can get it for $160 and plan on running it as is.

Kris

ruf
2009.02.28, 07:58 PM
If you look carefully, you'll see that it doesn't come with a board. The board itself is worth $80 (For ASF). Who know if it even comes with servo gears.. :confused:

Holy crap you're right. That's crazy talk!

hilldebrandt
2009.02.28, 08:31 PM
If you look closely, it's selling for 15,750 Yen.

That translates to roughly $161.36 USD.

And without electronics ?
That's a little too rich for my blood...lol.

hilldebrandt
2009.02.28, 08:34 PM
Ooooops...I just saw that Red Team posted the price already...lol.

ub0211042
2009.04.08, 07:18 AM
I just bought mine at USD200 and yes it doesn't come with PCB, but this is a limited item things whereby r u really going to play with it?

for me the "limited edition" thing is what we are paying for regardless of the parts that most of us will end up changing.:)

mini-z
2009.04.23, 10:59 PM
Guys, we've got these arriving shortly:

Kyosho Mini-Z MR-02 MM Semi-Assembled Chassis Set - Mini-Z Cup Edition (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19851&cat=355&page=1)

For those of you that do plan on running it, we've got a pretty amazing (limited time!) deal: add any PCB (AM/2.4/AD) and save $25 off the bundle!! :)

Kyosho Mini-Z MR-02 MM Semi-Assembled Chassis Set / RC Unit PCB Bundle (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19852&cat=355&page=1)

Skv012a
2009.04.23, 11:17 PM
Only thing I can say against this chassis is that a) if you use it, it'll get beat pretty quickly and lose the value, b) the mount it comes with is hardly anything special or worthwhile, and c) real "limited edition" chassis that i'd consider is a signed world cup winner or something similar. I can just paint a diff/small parts and it'll be all the same.

Good deal on boards, mini-Z, thats always good to hear.

mini-z
2009.04.23, 11:20 PM
Thanks I! Sure it'll get worn, but it'll still be limited edition MZR Red and Black, which you can't get other than in this kit - nice of Kyosho to pay homage in this way! :D

Skv012a
2009.04.23, 11:48 PM
I'm just saying that I'd rather things like bodies that aren't easy to replicate than chassis. I never doubt these things as money milking genious, just saying its not practical for those of us who aren't made of money.

arch2b
2009.04.24, 01:40 PM
fatal flaw in your thinking... limited editions are never marketed as being affordable to begin with. these are for those with the wherewithall and desire to own limited edition pieces plain and simple. they already have plain jane chassis kits to service your desired market. it's clearly not meant for the average joe.

2nd flaw, kyosho has been making limited edition versions of chassis's for a long time and they indeed sold well in some cases and were desired. the anniversary overland chassis for example was always a hot item and well worth the cost.

3rd flaw, they are not using your definition of limited, they use thier own. you can not fault them for failing to meet your definition of limited edition chassis.

4th flaw, no one would paint a diff or other metal parts for a mini-z. annnodizing is the way to go and it's not accessible and or cheap thing to do unless you have connections. special colors have ALWAYS been a tool of the trade for making limited edition parts. even emu's front tower bars are offered in a limited edition color run (smoke if i recall correctly). pre-pn mrcg was offered in silver. the examples are endless.

don't hate on a product because you can not either afford it or find its worth in the presentation. at least make a reasonable argument based on cost via parts included, etc. the color stinks and it's expensive is a cop out, a claim anyone can make for just about anything. be constructive in your criticism ;) i know you have the descerning ability to analyze in detail :)

ocean rodeo
2009.04.24, 05:42 PM
fatal flaw in your thinking... limited editions are never marketed as being affordable to begin with. these are for those with the wherewithall and desire to own limited edition pieces plain and simple. they already have plain jane chassis kits to service your desired market. it's clearly not meant for the average joe.

2nd flaw, kyosho has been making limited edition versions of chassis's for a long time and they indeed sold well in some cases and were desired. the anniversary overland chassis for example was always a hot item and well worth the cost.

3rd flaw, they are not using your definition of limited, they use thier own. you can not fault them for failing to meet your definition of limited edition chassis.

4th flaw, no one would paint a diff or other metal parts for a mini-z. annnodizing is the way to go and it's not accessible and or cheap thing to do unless you have connections. special colors have ALWAYS been a tool of the trade for making limited edition parts. even emu's front tower bars are offered in a limited edition color run (smoke if i recall correctly). pre-pn mrcg was offered in silver. the examples are endless.

don't hate on a product because you can not either afford it or find its worth in the presentation. at least make a reasonable argument based on cost via parts included, etc. the color stinks and it's expensive is a cop out, a claim anyone can make for just about anything. be constructive in your criticism ;) i know you have the descerning ability to analyze in detail :)

WOW! Antique Roadshow.

arch2b
2009.04.24, 09:42 PM
in reading that, it may sound harsh but i know skv012a and he has a very good eye for detail and attention to detail. :)

cowboysir
2009.04.24, 10:18 PM
My question is about the pcb cover....

Will the chassis come with a separate cover for the different types of units you can get? The picture shown has the cutout for an AD band ics plug but the ASF plug is in a different spot...just a thought.

Otherwise I think it's a pretty decent deal for some somewhat exclusive anodizing of some outstanding Kyosho parts.

ocean rodeo
2009.04.24, 10:22 PM
If I could afford it I would buy one just for the shelf it's a work of art. The red is in true Kyosho fashion.

totalazneclipse
2009.04.30, 12:08 AM
So who else has gotten their hands on this trophy?

Tjay
2009.04.30, 01:54 AM
I got one... I might run it for the atomic race.

Traveler
2009.04.30, 06:03 AM
I couldn't resist getting one for my collection. Should be here tomorrow. There is a product review vid ala cNet on amods website.

ocean rodeo
2009.04.30, 09:03 AM
I got one... I might run it for the atomic race.

Where did you order it from?

totalazneclipse
2009.04.30, 03:32 PM
Where did you order it from?

They have them at the store here and I believe atomic has them also.

Tjay
2009.04.30, 07:58 PM
They have them at the store here and I believe atomic has them also.

Not any more. ;-)

Please see: www.tinyrc.com

totalazneclipse
2009.05.01, 02:32 AM
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19851

totalazneclipse
2009.05.01, 02:32 AM
Crap they won't let me edit. The link above says they do.

totalazneclipse
2009.05.01, 02:33 AM
Lol. I just saw the wink Tj...Lmao..its the damn sleepy eyes

eztuner12
2009.05.05, 06:02 PM
Vid on the SE MR-02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RETCJKnsRk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eatomicmods%2Ecom%2FProduct s%2FKyosho%2D30450SP%2DMini%2DZ%2DMR%2D02%2DMM%2DS emi%2DAssembled%2DChassis%2DSet%2DLimited%2DEditio n%5F%5F14860%2Easpx&feature=player_embedded

marc
2009.05.27, 08:58 PM
That chassis would be excellent with the new white Murcielago AutoScale coming out. When will that body be released and is it a limited run as well? This combination just might get me back in the game.

marc
2009.05.27, 09:05 PM
Since I can't edit my previous post. Why is this such an expensive limited edition run without a PCB board? I'm better off buying my micro-Dnano's than buying this chassis+PCB board+body+transmitter.
Kyosho should include a 2.4 PCB board.
Somebody earlier in the thread sais it DOES come with board, video sais it does NOT. At that price, does it or doesn't it?

bermbuster
2009.05.27, 09:31 PM
Since I can't edit my previous post. Why is this such an expensive limited edition run without a PCB board? I'm better off buying my micro-Dnano's than buying this chassis+PCB board+body+transmitter.
Kyosho should include a 2.4 PCB board.
Somebody earlier in the thread sais it DOES come with board, video sais it does NOT. At that price, does it or doesn't it?

it does not...
i bought one and a 2.4 board. I assembled it and ran it stock. I used PN delrin wheels and the chassis/car performed awesome stock. I ran my max laps with it in my first race....The chassis is worth it.....

eztuner12
2009.05.27, 09:36 PM
i marc.
I will call it a hook sell, since the only limited item is the black chassis, once the chassis breaks, you will end-up like a fish out of the water, pulled by a hook:eek:.
So kyosho it’s out on a fishing trip, certainly he will catch a few fishes:D.

Cheers

bermbuster
2009.05.27, 09:42 PM
i marc.
I will call it a hook sell, since the only limited item is the black chassis, once the chassis breaks, you will end-up like a fish out of the water, pulled by a hook:eek:.
So kyosho it’s out on a fishing trip, certainly he will catch a few fishes:D.

Cheers

the bait that hooked me was the red diff....chassis come and go but a red diff is forever....:cool:

marc
2009.05.27, 09:48 PM
Sounds like it's a gimick Kyosho is trying to do. I wish they would just go back to their gloss-coated bodies. One reason I've lost interest in the scene is the increase in prices and the new hand-polished buisness. I'm still looking forward to the new white Murcielago. Any news on that body? I'm not talking about their blank-bodies. I'm talking about their re-issueing the Murcielago as a white AutoScale.

eztuner12
2009.05.27, 09:52 PM
Hi bermbuster
Yep you are totally right, I forgotten all about the special red diff.
Any feedback you want to share?
Thx .
Enjoy it man.
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.05.27, 10:06 PM
Sounds like it's a gimick Kyosho is trying to do. I wish they would just go back to their gloss-coated bodies. One reason I've lost interest in the scene is the increase in prices and the new hand-polished buisness. I'm still looking forward to the new white Murcielago. Any news on that body? I'm not talking about their blank-bodies. I'm talking about their re-issueing the Murcielago as a white AutoScale.

Marc, do you really believe they are hand polishing the ASC?

I do hand polish my white unpainted shells and they pickup an awesome shine, much shinier then the HP-ASC

I would name it a shark more than a gimmick:):):D

Cheers;)

bermbuster
2009.05.27, 10:07 PM
Hi bermbuster
Yep you are totally right, I forgotten all about the special red diff.
Any feedback you want to share?
Thx .
Enjoy it man.
Cheers

honestly it is a great ride out of the box....if Kyosho had a Cup race these chassis right out of the box with only the parts that are in the box would make for some really awesome racing. The car is fast and nimble.
One more thing it is 98mm only....(rear mm pod) I used my Gulf Mclaren
and it was dialed....

bermbuster
2009.05.27, 10:11 PM
Marc, do you really believe they are hand polishing the ASC?

I do hand polish my white unpainted shells and they pickup an awesome shine, much shinier then the HP-ASC

I would name it a shark more than a gimmick:):):D

Cheers;)

this is my opinion and I have no proof but I believe the change has/had to do with lead in there paints...the new bodies the paint just flakes off like dandruff...which leads me to believe they went to a more eco friendly type of finish...

eztuner12
2009.05.27, 10:18 PM
honestly it is a great ride out of the box....if Kyosho had a Cup race these chassis right out of the box with only the parts that are in the box would make for some really awesome racing. The car is fast and nimble.
One more thing it is 98mm only....(rear mm pod) I used my Gulf Mclaren
and it was dialed....

Yep must be a great ride straight out of the box, it comes with many nice parts, as Frank mentions on the video, just a set of wheels, install an e-board and out you go ,with great performance.

About the tyres, do you have the part # to them?

BTW just love that body, oh yeah!!!:)

Cheers

bermbuster
2009.05.27, 10:32 PM
Yep must be a great ride straight out of the box, it comes with many nice parts, as Frank mentions on the video, just a set of wheels, install an e-board and out you go ,with great performance.

About the tyres, do you have the part # to them?

BTW just love that body, oh yeah!!!:)

Cheers

I looked in the manual and no part numbers for the tires
i got this info off the box
racing radial tire front narrow 30 rear wide 20

hope this helps

eztuner12
2009.05.27, 10:43 PM
I looked in the manual and no part numbers for the tires
i got this info off the box
racing radial tire front narrow 30 rear wide 20

hope this helps

Cool!:)
Would you compare them with the 30N and 20w slick from Kyosho?
Thxxx…

bermbuster
2009.05.27, 10:58 PM
Cool!:)
Would you compare them with the 30N and 20w slick from Kyosho?
Thxxx…
This is my opinion I like the radials better I have been using the radials for a while I used to use the slicks ....the fact they came w the chassis saved me from buying them. They offer better grip when new and over time become like the slicks and then I recycle them to my 015s....

marc
2009.05.27, 11:09 PM
Their new AutoScale bodies clearly reads on the boxes Fine Hand-polished. That is the question. Plus, I've read that their new Hand-polished isn't as good as their older gloss-coated bodies.

bermbuster
2009.05.27, 11:20 PM
Their new AutoScale bodies clearly reads on the boxes Fine Hand-polished. That is the question. Plus, I've read that their new Hand-polished isn't as good as their older gloss-coated bodies.

Marc
EZtuner is just opening your eyes....just because a label says something doesnt mean your getting the full benefit....
fine hand polish has no true definition so anybody can exploit it.
If the bodies had what i expect a fine hand polish to mean it would be much better than what Im buying....
face it we are hooked on these things and unless somebody else starts making them better we will be at Kyoshos mercy.....

eztuner12
2009.05.27, 11:50 PM

Well, perchance in the future, about 5 years from now, when world finances, especially in the US of A, get better, Kyosho will go back to basics and begin again with their excellent body paint jobs & great clear gloss coat finish, to which they accustomed us:).

Cheers

benmlee
2009.05.29, 01:32 AM
Well, perchance in the future, about 5 years from now, when world finances, especially in the US of A, get better, Kyosho will go back to basics and begin again with their excellent body paint jobs & great clear gloss coat finish, to which they accustomed us:).

Cheers

5 years... I hope so. It took the Japanese 10 years to get out of their financial debt after their real estate went bust. But that is a different subject.
The price of the autoscale bodies are more of a concern than hand polish. Is difficult to justify spending $50 for a body.
And speaking of spending money, I did get the limited edition chassis. The chassis is very nice. Only problem was no where on the chassis did it say limited edition or 10th anneversary. Only the instruction mention limited edition in the beginning. I would expect some kind of lettering to say limited edition like on autoscale bodies.

eztuner12
2009.05.29, 02:45 AM
5 years... I hope so. It took the Japanese 10 years to get out of their financial debt after their real estate went bust. But that is a different subject.
The price of the autoscale bodies are more of a concern than hand polish. Is difficult to justify spending $50 for a body.
And speaking of spending money, I did get the limited edition chassis. The chassis is very nice. Only problem was no where on the chassis did it say limited edition or 10th anneversary. Only the instruction mention limited edition in the beginning. I would expect some kind of lettering to say limited edition like on autoscale bodies.

Hi Ben
I am just trying to be optimistic about the situation. Perhaps you are right, it could be longer and it still can get worst yet, since we haven’t touched the bottom so far.

Yep these Auto-scale bodies are getting somewhat expensive. At least Kyosho is maintaining the material quality of the bodies.
Hope they don’t come with the big Idea of changing the material formula for a cheaper one, and call them “All New lighter Auto-Scale bodies”:D

I guess you should take good care of your LE 10th anniversary black chassis, since there is no lettering, that black chassis will be the only attest of it. Unless K decide to release black chassis later-on.

To me this 10TH anniversary chassis all together, just looks amazingly gorgeous, something to place on a bookshelf with a nice shimmering body.

BTW, have you read my writing information, about the evolution of the car suspension, on the MA-010AWD thread?

Back to topic, hope you enjoy your LE 10TH anniversary MR-02.:)

Cheers;)

mini-z
2009.06.11, 10:52 PM

B, it does have a unique gold "Mini-Z Cup Edition" sticker on the upper cover though, right? OT, can you email me, not sure if you saw my note(s)? :)

eztuner12
2009.06.12, 12:13 AM
^ Ok that makes it better. A motive decal on it will be a good reason to have one and save it for special moments, as shows, events displaying demonstration and exhibition races as well.

That must be a very tiny hidden decal, which owners cannot find/discover & see.
I guess an engraved label would be finer than just a simple sticker. Nevertheless, something is better than nothing, right?:)

Cheers

-J-
2009.06.12, 12:39 AM
That must be a very tiny hidden decal, which owners cannot find/discover & see.

http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=116653

It's a good size sticker on the PCB cover. :rolleyes:

eztuner12
2009.06.12, 02:15 AM
Yep definitely, it is sufficient big not to miss. Why do the guys above that buy them miss it?

I insist, an engraved emblem would make your money little more worth like, than that simple sticker, a lot simpler that I thought.
I have to admit Kyosho is an extremely good angler!:eek: No doubts about it.;)

Thanks for the pic -J-.

Cheers

eztuner12
2009.06.12, 02:22 AM
Moreover, they call that simple sticker a plate! :eek:As I say excellent angler.:D

-J-
2009.06.12, 04:18 AM
I agree. I definitely agree.

Gofast
2009.06.12, 09:51 AM
Hey guys,

Are those lock nuts supposed to look as used as they are in the photo? The anodization on the ball diff is pretty though. Wonder why.

MINI-D
2009.06.23, 01:01 AM
Gofast the nuts are SS with a red tint that rubs off.

Kyosho is an extremely good angler:eek: they put a hooksett on me twice:mad: I bought 2 Mini-Z Cup Editions:D its not my jaw that hurts, but my walit :cool:

MINI-D
2009.06.23, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE=MINI-D;352413]Gofast the nuts are SS with a red tint that rubs off.

Kyosho is an extremely good angler :eek: they put a hooksett on me twice :mad: I bought 2 Mini-Z Cup Editions :D its not my jaw that hurts, but my walit :cool: one in the Box and one on the Track.

MINI-D
2009.06.23, 01:13 AM
Gofast the nuts are SS with a red tint that rubs off.

Kyosho is an extremely good angler :eek: they put a hooksett on me twice :mad: I bought 2 Mini-Z Cup Editions :D its not my jaw that hurts, but my walit :cool: one in the Box and one on the Track.

MINI-D
2009.06.23, 01:38 AM
OOPS

I did it.....MY BAD :eek: :rolleyes:

benmlee
2009.06.23, 03:21 PM
B, it does have a unique gold "Mini-Z Cup Edition" sticker on the upper cover though, right? OT, can you email me, not sure if you saw my note(s)? :)

Don't want to be overly demanding, but words like "limited" or "xxx out of 1000 units" would make it stand out as a collector's item. "mini-z cup edition" is not bad, just not as good as "limited". Then again, is impossible to know if an item will become collector's item or just another chassis.

Mini-z, I will email you.

davskee
2009.06.29, 05:21 AM
I bought 2 of these and they make crappy bookends so i opened them and raced em.