PDA

View Full Version : RCP Tracks New Worm Rail

RCPMini-z
2009.03.04, 08:00 PM
The RCP Worm Rail is designed for the new Kyosho dnano, but can be used for 1/24 scale cars as well. You will be able to use the new rail on your current 50cm and 30cm RCP Track kits. The Worm Rail will come with a new rail clip design that will attach the rail to the tiles.

Plans are to offer the rails and clips in two different kits. The first kit will have just the rails and clips for those that already have RCP Track products. The second kit will include RCP tiles and standard rails along with the new rail and clip for those just starting out with our products.

We will have a prototype track set up at RCX this coming April. Below are some features of the new rail design.

~ create any type road course layout
~ create any size radius turn or sweep
~ create any type of sweeping chicane
~ create any size lane width (lane size can vary in width at any point in the layout and can be adjusted as many times as you need).
~ The ability to replicate any professional racetrack layout currently used around the world.
~ allows users to set up table top size tracks using smaller and varying lane widths. (suited for the dnano when running in slow mode and other smaller scale RC cars)
~ Modular design that allows quick rail set up and tear down with the ability to change up the course on a standard size dnano track in a few minutes.

mleemor60
2009.03.04, 08:27 PM
Pictures? Pretty please.

RCPMini-z
2009.03.04, 09:18 PM
Pictures? Pretty please.

I have some samples coming in the March container shipment of RCP Tracks. The container will be here later this month. I will post up picks then.

mleemor60
2009.03.04, 09:39 PM
Thank you very much. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

arch2b
2009.03.05, 09:22 PM
i can't wait to see pictures:)

2EZ
2009.03.06, 11:06 AM
I too am looking foward to seeing how this is going to work I know it will be an upgrade for us here in Myrtle Beach!!

briankstan
2009.03.06, 11:35 AM
cool, Can't wait to see it and how it works at RCX.

eztuner12
2009.03.06, 12:11 PM
Hi, Mr. RCP
Really sounds great:eek:.
Looking on for some pics:)
Cheers

ActionRC
2009.03.06, 12:17 PM
Very eager to see what this is all about. Please keep me posted!

Al
Owner
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com

hrdrvr
2009.03.06, 03:17 PM
I too am looking foward to seeing how this is going to work I know it will be an upgrade for us here in Myrtle Beach!!

You know I want to see it :D

eztuner12
2009.03.06, 06:44 PM
~ create any type road course layout
~ create any size radius turn or sweep
~ create any type of sweeping chicane
~ create any size lane width (lane size can vary in width at any point in the layout and can be adjusted as many times as you need).
~ The ability to replicate any professional racetrack layout currently used around the world.
~ Modular design that allows quick rail set up and tear down with the ability to change up the course on a standard size dnano track in a few minutes.

Hi again RCPMini-z,
Can the shape of this worm rail be changed as we wish, perhaps convert it into round curve, S turns, 45degree chicane, similar to the old Tyco tracks snake turn, that came in bright green & black colors, which shape could be modified throughout bending it to the desirable shape???
I am kind of confused since RCP is rubber and do to the size the gaps in-between could be wide.:confused:
Thanks for the reply
Cheers

RCPMini-z
2009.03.06, 06:50 PM
Hi again RCPMini-z,
Can the shape of this worm rail be changed as we wish, perhaps convert it into round curve, S turns, 45degree chicane
Thanks for the reply
Cheers

YES you can.

Draconious
2009.03.06, 11:27 PM
I am guessing, square tiles, as is with the current track, plus a rail that can be mounted any where.... like some tracks do with a hose, but the hose sucks cuz it moves around.

soulstice
2009.04.20, 06:37 PM
What's the word on this?

I feel like there's less RCX coverage this year than last.

eztuner12
2009.04.20, 06:49 PM
Hi RCPMini-z
Any update regarding this “Worm Rail” at least when it will be release?
BTW, would this worm rail be release for wide track, as well as Mini-96?:confused:
Thx for the reply!;)
Cheers

RCPMini-z
2009.04.21, 12:10 AM
Hi RCPMini-z
Any update regarding this “Worm Rail” at least when it will be release?
BTW, would this worm rail be release for wide track, as well as Mini-96?:confused:
Thx for the reply!;)
Cheers

The new rail design will work on both 30cm and 50cm tile tracks. It takes a little time to get the first production complete as we are making them overseas. As soon as I have something to show, I will post the information first on this forum.

thanks for your patience,
John

eztuner12
2009.04.21, 12:14 AM
The new rail design will work on both 30cm and 50cm tile tracks. It takes a little time to get the first production complete as we are making them overseas. As soon as I have something to show, I will post the information first on this forum.

thanks for your patience,
John

Great & thanks!:)

arch2b
2009.04.21, 12:47 PM
thank you for the update! i have a 30cm track and our club 50cm track to use this with.