PDA

View Full Version : New 1:28 scale slot car ninco xlot

2EZ
2009.03.09, 03:56 PM
New 1:28 scale slot car ninco xlot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys look at this could be a source for new shells that Kyosho does not produce The slot car guys realy put out a large group of very great shells, till now they were all the wrong scale!!!!!!!!

NINCO LAUNCHES A NEW BRAND AND A NEW 1:28 SCALE FOR THE EXPERT SLOT CAR USER
The versatility of XLOT is clear from the first models which will arrive on the market in the second quarter of 2009 and they will be the Ferrari 430 and the Porsche 997.

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=28243

Jace1283
2009.03.09, 04:05 PM
thats really cool. slot car racing is fun, i raced 1:24 scale slot cars for a while and once in a while these days, so these would probly fit nice on those big commercial tracks...of course most on here will like the bodies, good luck fitting them!

MantisMMA
2009.03.09, 05:42 PM
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38280

marc
2009.03.09, 06:01 PM
Sweet! I hope that Lotus Exige is part of the 1/28 scale? I wonder what Mini-Z chassis it would suit best. I also wonder if the slotcar bodies will be as durable as Mini-Z bodies will be. I imagine slot-car bodies be less prone to abuse than Mini-Z's? I also wonder how easy it would be to adapt one of these bodies for Z-use.

MantisMMA
2009.03.09, 06:05 PM
they are just as tough as ours, ive got probably 100 or so slot cars!!

marc
2009.03.09, 06:46 PM
That Exige would be one freaking awesome Mini-Z body! :) :D :drool:

bemoore
2009.03.10, 08:13 AM
I don't know of any slot car manufacturer who sells individual hard bodies. Ninco may change this policy with this new scale, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I also expect these cars to run $100 or more. That's a lot for just a body.

marc
2009.03.10, 10:25 AM
That's how much a rare AutoScale goes for anyway! On the Bay a typical slot car in 1/32 scale range usually goes for around 60-100 depending on rareity of the model and it's detail.

2EZ
2009.03.10, 10:34 AM
I don't know of any slot car manufacturer who sells individual hard bodies. Ninco may change this policy with this new scale, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I also expect these cars to run $100 or more. That's a lot for just a body.

That might be so but the used market might develop and I would buy the right car and then sell the chassies to recoup some of the money there are just so many great slot car bodies just might be a source. I love the older
Vetts, Mustanges etc. that never will be produced as an Auto Scale.:D

cowboysir
2009.03.10, 11:16 AM
Read over that thread and you'll find how down most slotcar racers are against the new scale...

Anyhow, not only do i notice that that there might be some interesting crossover of bodies but some tech from their slot chassis might be interesting to explore as well.:cool:

bemoore
2009.03.10, 11:41 AM
Read over that thread and you'll find how down most slotcar racers are against the new scale...
It's an answer in search of a question. It doesn't serve any purpose (in slot racing) other than to have a car that's proprietary to Ninco. Between 1/32 and 1/24, 1/28 offers nothing new. I feel a bit the same regarding Mini-Z's. I wish Kyosho had gone with 1/24 scale, which would have opened up a huge number of body options.

Anyhow, not only do i notice that that there might be some interesting crossover of bodies but some tech from their slot chassis might be interesting to explore as well.:cool:
Really! What tech is that? I'm a slot racer, and I'm more impressed with Mini-Z tech than slotcar tech.

2EZ
2009.03.11, 10:28 AM
I did read the thread yes much was said that indicated they were not accepting, but ya know what!!! the same type of things were said in RC about the 1/28 scale Mini Z. I still hear large scale racers that don't accept our Mini Z's as anything but a toy and saying that they have "no intrest in ever racing or buying one of those little toys" some now years latter still think nothing will come of this scale. I just hope that some of the interesting shells found in slots will give us an option for something different.

HaCo
2009.03.11, 12:36 PM
It's an answer in search of a question. It doesn't serve any purpose (in slot racing) other than to have a car that's proprietary to Ninco. Between 1/32 and 1/24, 1/28 offers nothing new.

Well, that is not the truth.
As a Z-er and Sloter I'm really happy NINCO came out with this? Why? I have a NINCO track and now I can race bigger carss (bigger scale is nicer IMHO) on my NINCO track. It is not possible to drive 1/24 cars on the NINCO track (at least not 2 at a time).
On the other hand, if NINCO pulls this trough, we'll have plenty of extra body's for our Z. If I could pic one, it would be the Ford GT in GT3 outfit. :) We only need to find a company that makes a nice interface for our Z to support these slot body's. :)

bemoore
2009.03.11, 03:12 PM
Well, that is not the truth.That is your opinion. Mine is different.

As a Z-er and Sloter I'm really happy NINCO came out with this? Why? I have a NINCO track and now I can race bigger carss (bigger scale is nicer IMHO) on my NINCO track.If bigger is better, then why not go 1/24? Replace your Ninco track with Carrera, and you can run anything from 1/43 up to 1/24. Will the 1/28 driving experience be that much better than 1/32? A better driving experience is already available in 1/32 with the TSRF and other metal chassis cars. But 1/32 sloters prefer detail and scale accuracy. The metal chassis cars just don't sell well.

It is not possible to drive 1/24 cars on the NINCO track (at least not 2 at a time).
On the other hand, if NINCO pulls this trough, we'll have plenty of extra body's for our Z. If I could pic one, it would be the Ford GT in GT3 outfit. :) We only need to find a company that makes a nice interface for our Z to support these slot body's. :)I'll be HIGHLY surprised if Ninco offers these bodies individually. And then we'll be faced with the prospect of paying $100 for one of these bodies, which will then have to be modified to fit. I hope it eventually provides us with more bodies, but I'm not holding my breath.

cowboysir
2009.03.11, 03:55 PM
Slot tech wise, I'd like to take a closer look at the toothed belt system that Ninco had and visualize improving the belt concept I see rolling around here.

bemoore
2009.03.11, 04:13 PM
Slot tech wise, I'd like to take a closer look at the toothed belt system that Ninco had and visualize improving the belt concept I see rolling around here.
Hmm. Interesting. I haven't seen one of those. Next slot race I'll have to ask about them. Some of the guys have large collections.

HaCo
2009.03.12, 11:59 AM
If bigger is better, then why not go 1/24? Replace your Ninco track with Carrera, and you can run anything from 1/43 up to 1/24. Will the 1/28 driving experience be that much better than 1/32? A better driving experience is already available in 1/32 with the TSRF and other metal chassis cars. But 1/32 sloters prefer detail and scale accuracy. The metal chassis cars just don't sell well.

I don't have the place for a Carrera, nor the money to replace it. The experience will certainly be different and it will be close to 1/24.

Like you said, just opinions.

It's not only NINCO doing this, PN Slot also has a 1/28 chassis (specially for Z bodies).

2EZ
2009.03.13, 02:59 PM
Reflex Racing already has developed a mount that would work as to the cost I will wait and see what happens we pay $50.00 now for most shells who knows what might come of something like this.