Chad Nelson
Brian Stanley
TJ Macabuhay
Ben Lee
Brian Daugherty
Joe Chen

briankstan
2009.03.16, 03:49 PM
Philip, does the entry fee include entrance to RCX?

PNracing
2009.03.16, 04:06 PM
Should be!

I will double confirm by John.

Tjay
2009.03.16, 04:42 PM
Singed up and money sent. See you guys next month!

RCPMini-z
2009.03.16, 06:24 PM
Philip, does the entry fee include entrance to RCX?

Yes, I will get the drivers in the door, but you will need to stay low and run fast. :)

color01
2009.03.17, 01:17 AM
Yes, I will get the drivers in the door, but you will need to stay low and run fast. :)
:eek:

I'll see if I can make enough time in my schoolwork (will probably have to beg professors for extensions) to make this race. I'm so close geographically too, I really need to go! :)

PNracing
2009.03.19, 12:37 PM
driver list updated

briankstan
2009.03.19, 12:52 PM
registered and payment sent.

I'm the First F1 entry it looks like :cool:

Tjay
2009.04.01, 02:47 AM
Is this really it?

Drivers List

2WD Stock
TJ Macabuhay
Robert Iguidez
Chad Nelson
Lukas Tobing
Bong Resurreccion
Brian Stanley
John Billig
Bob Daugherty
Bodjie Resurreccion

F1 Stock
Brian Stanley
John Billig

Pan Car Stock
Robert Iguidez
Lukas Tobing
Bong Resurreccion
Leo Virtusio
Bob Daugherty
Bodjie Resurreccion
Chad Nelson

AWD Mod
TJ Macabuhay

Pan Car Mod
Grant Matsushima
Philip Ng
Chad Nelson
Brian Stanley

Is there anymore? I might just have to cancel my trip...

jonnywachter
2009.04.01, 03:26 AM
I'm planning on signing up next week, I need to figure some stuff out first

briankstan
2009.04.01, 09:23 AM
I sure hope that more people intend on coming to the RXC Race. It's the perfect showcase for other scales to see what Mini-Z Racing is all about.

Let also make it worth the while for those putting this race together.

Let's fill up all the classes

RCPMini-z
2009.04.01, 09:52 AM
I don't think Philip has updated the list. I believe he is out of the country. Last year we filled up two weeks before the race, so I expect many more to sign up before the green flag is waved.

briankstan
2009.04.01, 10:14 AM
oh, and for those of you that haven't made plans keep this in mind, It could be a nice upgrade for what you would pay for a really cheap room at another hotel in the area. ;)

I'm looking for someone to share my hotel room with. it's already booked, it's on the grounds within walking distance. it's a 2 bedroom suite. info is here

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31212

yasuji
2009.04.01, 11:48 AM
Is this really it?

Drivers List

2WD Stock
TJ Macabuhay
Robert Iguidez
Chad Nelson
Lukas Tobing
Bong Resurreccion
Brian Stanley
John Billig
Bob Daugherty
Bodjie Resurreccion

F1 Stock
Brian Stanley
John Billig

Pan Car Stock
Robert Iguidez
Lukas Tobing
Bong Resurreccion
Leo Virtusio
Bob Daugherty
Bodjie Resurreccion
Chad Nelson

AWD Mod
TJ Macabuhay

Pan Car Mod
Grant Matsushima
Philip Ng
Chad Nelson
Brian Stanley

wheres all the nor-cal boyz.......c'mon tj....get those guys signed up....
:p

RCPMini-z
2009.04.01, 11:53 AM
Is this really it?

I will have Philip update the list. It is not accurate. I know some of the Reflex crew will be running.

John

Tjay
2009.04.01, 01:56 PM
Fast Pace Racing is one of the sponsors for this event. FPR's front wheel spacers will be given to registered drivers.

CristianTabush
2009.04.01, 02:42 PM
I don't think many of us will make it down this year. Maybe Joe. Jacob and I are out for this one... Just too much work and timing is kind of bad as I may be moving that weekend or the following (need more space!!! Reflex is too big and it has taken over my apartment).

PNracing
2009.04.06, 03:17 AM
Drivers list updated

briankstan
2009.04.06, 01:15 PM
FYI, if we don't have the #'s to run F1, I'd like to change my registration from F1 to Stock Pan.

There is only 6 more days left for registration, if you plan on coming now is the time to get signed up.

Tjay
2009.04.06, 01:21 PM
I'm going to have to change my awd mod to pan mod. We'll see...

PNracing
2009.04.12, 01:09 PM
I'm going to have to change my awd mod to pan mod. We'll see...

Hey TJ, change to Pan Mod, I will put your name in, with the new front end, try to bit Grant, you can do that.

Drivers List updated.

Tjay
2009.04.12, 01:18 PM
I haven't driven a pan car since '07 and I don't know anyone that has a pan body for me to run. :( We only have a week left, I'll have to learn how to drive this pan body. ;) Go ahead and sign me in for Pan Mod.

Tjay
2009.04.13, 03:02 AM
Any of you guys in So Cal got a pan car for me to drive? I only have 2 cars, awd and 2wd. If you guys have a car available for me to run that would be greatly appreciated. Preferable ASF and ready to race. :)

Thanks!

color01
2009.04.13, 03:11 AM
I can lend you my MRCG. :) But you'll have to come by to my campus and pick it up... how much time do you have down in SoCal?

Btw, as you probably figured from my above statement, I can't make the race this weekend. :( Parents are coming down here so I'll be on "family outing" with them. ;)

Tjay
2009.04.13, 03:28 AM
I can lend you my MRCG. :) But you'll have to come by to my campus and pick it up... how much time do you have down in SoCal?

Btw, as you probably figured from my above statement, I can't make the race this weekend. :( Parents are coming down here so I'll be on "family outing" with them. ;)

Brian: Thank you very much for the offer... ASF or DSM? You already know my answer. :)

color01
2009.04.13, 04:42 AM
ASF still... it's not like I've had much time recently to be putting together a new set of electronics... :o

yasuji
2009.04.15, 04:16 PM
what is the schedule for this event......i need to know;)

briankstan
2009.04.15, 04:20 PM
what is the schedule for this event......i need to know;)

I'll second this.

Philip, if you need help setting up let me know, I'm arriving Friday around noon.

PNracing
2009.04.15, 06:24 PM
We will up set on Friday, but more information I need waiting John to check for me, I already email him, waiting reply.

RCPMini-z
2009.04.15, 10:40 PM
We are setting up all day Friday. Anyone who wants to come by and help out are welcome.

I will have show passes for all the drivers on Saturday morning at the front gate. The gate opens for drivers at 9:00 am. I will give Philip my cell number for those that can't find me or need to get in at a later time. I will have him email my cell to all drivers.

We will have T-shirts for all the drivers. The balance of T-shirts will be available through Tinyrc shop.

Tjay
2009.04.16, 06:49 PM
Philip: I sent you an email. I want to sign up for F1 if it is possible.

yasuji
2009.04.16, 10:31 PM
Matsushimas will be open for test and tune ever evening following RCX....
Make plans to come by
i think we will have a BBQ on Sat evening along with the test and tune
:D

RCPMini-z
2009.04.16, 11:20 PM
That sounds great! Your shop is just 10 minutes from the Fairgrounds, correct? Are you near RCP Crawlers on 9th street?

yasuji
2009.04.17, 12:02 AM
That sounds great! Your shop is just 10 minutes from the Fairgrounds, correct? Are you near RCP Crawlers on 9th street?

yup a few driveways east:D

PNracing
2009.04.17, 08:34 PM
All drivers last call, you can sign at track tomorrow.

2WD Stock, Pan Stock and Pan Mod.

RCX Schedule

4/18
8:30 RCP’s John (cell phone 818 324-7968) will waiting at front gate to hand out the entry pass.
9:00 Track open for practice
12:00 Control practice
1:00 1st and 2nd qualify
5:45 Track Close

4/19
9:00 Track open for practice
10:45 Group Pictures
11:00 3rd qualify
1:00 free practice
2:00 2WD Stock B Main
2:20 Pan Car Stock B Main
2:40 2WD Stock A Main
3:10 Pan Car Stock A Main
3:30 Pan Car Mod A Main
4:30 Prize Giving

Tjay
2009.04.18, 10:07 PM
Update: 2wd drive position for 3rd qual.

Lukas 51 8:02
Chad 51 8:08
Tj 50 8:04
Peter Dinh 47 8:00
Ryan Sagisi 47 8:02
Roy T 46 8:03
Jaime 46 8:05
Bong 46 8:05

That's it for now...

yasuji
2009.04.20, 12:00 AM
Congrats to all of the drivers who attended esp. the Matsushimas Pacific MZR club drivers
Chad Nelson for sweeping all 3 classes
Chad Nelson 1st and Lukas Tobing for his second place in 70t sedan
and a Pacific MZR sweep of the PanCar 70t class with Chad N, Brian D, and Bong R
I had an awesome time @ rcx this past weekend.....despite having a DNF due to a steering wheel stop breaking...i definitely had the car to win...my fastest lap of the weekend being an 8.3 as i think i was able to do a 8.4 in the one of the heats i think....i was able to TQ @52 laps in 8:02.......seconds or something like that....
the track had good grip..... i felt good going in to the main but got anxious going into the first turn off the start an stuffed it allowing chad nelson to get by which was the biggest mistake i had made all weekend
the next few laps were easy to put together an i was immediately on the tail of chads pancar and in typical grant style i got pushy....trying to force the pass but chad kept the door shut....i saw a brief moment that he opened the door and i stuffed it in but chad shut the door on me and i stuffed it in to the wall:o
as i backed up and turned out i felt it..... that little bit of give in the steering wheel when i turned it to the left......and a few laps later i was able to get in to the lead but i have to turn left with care.... and then it happened SNAP....that was it.....i tried to go on but i just couldnt get it done.....i was all over the track.... so i pulled off in turn 1 and called it a day:(
it is all a learning experience:).... lookin foward to the next one;)

Tjay
2009.04.20, 04:04 AM
We are home now. Fun racing with Chad, Lukas and the rest of the Autoscale drivers :D! Hope to see you all on Aug 2nd for another Mall race here in N. Cal.

Also, I just really want to throw this there, drivers... please be courteous to the faster drivers. There is no point of holding them back or showing off that you can beat them on the straight away. Let them go because they are not racing you but rather racing their time... Luckily everyone was nice enough to move out for me but when I was watching some of the races especially pan mod/stock class, noone was moving out for the leader and 2nd place. That's pretty sad.

Tjay
2009.04.21, 02:10 PM
some pics can be seen here: http://www.rcracing.com/msgthread.cfm?threadid=54325&InfoID=282&SiteMessages=211

briankstan
2009.04.22, 09:40 PM
sorry it's taken so long to post on this event. I didn't get home until monday night and I've been pretty sick for the last few days. Yuck !!. As those that I met while I was there can attest I lost my voice they day before I left and could barily talk. Made it even worse being right next to the Nitro Track. :mad:

It was really nice meeting all the people that I have talked to on this formum that I hadn't met before.

I'd like to say thanks to Grant and to TJ for helping me get my cars at least drivable. The track had crazy grip and it was something I was having a really hard time adapting to. None of the track that I have ever raced on before (except may at kenon last year) had this kind of grip, I was traction rolling my pan car with 20 slick tires on the front. I typically run it with 8's on my home track.

As always I came away with some new things learned, this is the main reason I love attending these races. Everyone is willing to help out and do what they can.

it was a great 2 days of races. I wish I could report that I did great, but at least I can say I improved my own times with each race so that that a great victory in my mind.

Let me tell you if you haven't been to a race with some of the guys that you always hear about. it's well worth it to make a race that they will be attending, if nothing else just to watch how great they drive. It's simply amazing.

Again thanks to:

Grant for letting my try a few things out with programming the ICS on my pan Chassis. even though it didn't quite work for me I'll have to get a programmer and test with the settings. It was nice meeting you and your wife.

TJ, for helping me sort out the problems with my diff, and letting me buy some tires off you. you were a great help and just a plain nice guy to talk to.

Philip, Great event as always. it was nice talking with you and racing against you. I'm glad you were able to race, sometimes you need to just make the time to do it. I'll look forward to meeting you again.

Everyone else, it was nice meeting you, talking with you even if you couldn't hear me. :eek: I'll hope to make it to another race sometime.

Oh, just wanted to say that everyone at Fast Pace Racing and Pacific Mini-Z (Matsushimas) were great to hang out with, great guys and fast racers.

Tjay
2009.04.24, 03:27 AM
Philip: Any update on the results?

Brian: It was nice to see you again. I hope to see you again sometime soon. If only you lived closeby I would definitely help you out on your car. As a matter of fact, if you'd like to, send me one of your cars and I'll build it for you. Free of charge, just pay the shipping and replace the stuff that I will put on it. 2wd only tho since awd is a pita. :) lmk.

It was awesome running one class. I was able to chat with Lukas, Filipino guys from LA, Brian, Chad, Philip and the rest of the guys. I usually spend hours and hours on my pit not talking to anyone or even eating...

PNracing
2009.04.24, 03:31 AM
David (minizracer.com) asking me the result and photos, I already sent to him, may be he post soon, or tomorrow i can do that.

PNracing
2009.04.24, 08:50 PM
The Pan Mod result will not go to World Ranking, because finally our drivers less than 8 drivers.

PNracing
2009.05.01, 12:41 AM
go to http://www.PNWC-Live.com click PHOTOS, we upload a ton of photos.

http://static.stickam.com/media/image/converted/player/1770/7759/0/bb03cbff-3608-11de-a4d5-3777da647fc2.jpg
http://static.stickam.com/media/image/converted/player/1770/7759/0/582663d5-3609-11de-a4d5-3777da647fc2.jpg
http://static.stickam.com/media/image/converted/player/1770/7759/0/9c5778ac-3608-11de-a4d5-3777da647fc2.jpg
http://static.stickam.com/media/image/converted/player/1770/7759/0/b1f67c69-3609-11de-a4d5-3777da647fc2.jpg
http://static.stickam.com/media/image/converted/player/1770/7759/0/92f440e8-3609-11de-a4d5-3777da647fc2.jpg
http://static.stickam.com/media/image/converted/player/1770/7759/0/0e474c6c-360a-11de-a4d5-3777da647fc2.jpg

RCPMini-z
2009.05.01, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the pic's Philip. If anyone views the picture slide show at the PNWC-Live.com site, you will see some pictures of an RCP Track with double straight rails in Blue color at one of the PN racing events. This is one of the tracks we sell to our distributor in Sweden. All kits that we manufacture for them come with double height PINS, and blue colored straight side rails, for reference. The tiles and racing surface are the same as the tracks we manufacture for Kyosho, Japan and here in the US.

Tjay
2009.05.01, 01:11 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Philip!

John B., Why the double stacked straights? With that, it'll be like driving the dNANO's on a full size RCP track (now you see it, now you don't). :) Also, I noticed they flip the inside radius... I didn't know you can do that.

RCPMini-z
2009.05.01, 11:44 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Philip!

John B., Why the double stacked straights? With that, it'll be like driving the dNANO's on a full size RCP track (now you see it, now you don't). :) Also, I noticed they flip the inside radius... I didn't know you can do that.

Our distributor in Sweden markets the tracks for 1/18th scale RC cars and racing. The taller side rails help keep the larger RC cars from leaving the track surface. It is not just the straight rails, but all the rails from Sweden are double stacked and have the special double height PIN. Some of the PINS are one piece where the rails slide over from the top and some of them are two piece with a top part screwing into a base. We started out with the one piece and then converted to the two piece double height PIN. Some customers in and surrounding countries purchased the tracks from them to run Mini-z's.

The 50cm tracks we manufacture for Kyosho Japan have an opposite link pattern than the tracks we manufacture for distributors in Sweden, Mexico, Spain, Taiwan, Canada and the US. My guess is they purchased some track kits from Kyosho Japan and combined the inside corner tiles with tracks from Sweden. With the opposite link pattern, you could connect tiles with a smooth surface to tiles with the racing surface.

We do manufacture conversion tiles to go from Kyosho Japan tracks to all the others, but we only distribute these through our Spain distributor. No other distributor has asked for them.

I hope that helps.

PNracing
2009.05.14, 04:37 PM
Vedio Link

http://www.youtube.com/user/kenonhobby