PDA

View Full Version : Transmitters 101?

Action B
2009.03.17, 11:27 PM
I can't beleive there is no resource on this website that compiles a list of relevant features and pros/cons of the available transmitters!

I don't know how anyone ever finds information to decide which one to buy.

Lets compile a list of transmitters and a general background about each and let it serve as a guide for newer members to select an aftermarket transmitter.

Transmitters I know of and don't know anything about really

Ko propo ex-10 (helios)
Ko prop ex-1UR
futaba 3pk
Airtronics m8
add to this list.

If you know something about ANY relevant transmitter that has an LCD tuning screen post it up! I think this would be a great resource.

I can't really bring it too much further as I"ve never even held anything other than the stock transmitter. Some of little boxes that go in the back to use 2.4, I want to know about all that stuff too. I know you can tune throttle, steering etc. Tell me the pros and cons, which ones are good, bad, have parts readily available etc.

pinoyboy
2009.03.17, 11:59 PM
Benmlee's site covers most of the common radios people choose for mini-zs
http://mini-z-guide.com/radio.htm

Its a good place to start:D First, I think you have to find out what your budget is. Then, try and get your hands on one to see if its comfortable for you to use.

Biff
2009.03.24, 09:37 AM
Benmlee's site covers most of the common radios people choose for mini-zs
http://mini-z-guide.com/radio.htm

Its a good place to start:D First, I think you have to find out what your budget is. Then, try and get your hands on one to see if its comfortable for you to use.

Sorry to get off track here, but I think I sold you a bunch a Mini Z stuff a few years ago. Gary from Texas. Does that ring a bell bro?

pinoyboy
2009.03.24, 10:03 AM
Sorry to get off track here, but I think I sold you a bunch a Mini Z stuff a few years ago. Gary from Texas. Does that ring a bell bro?

Yes you did! :D

Biff
2009.03.24, 10:24 AM
Yes you did! :D

I thought it was you. ;)

pinoyboy
2009.03.24, 10:33 AM
:DThanks again, you helped me get started, now I'm in it pretty deep:p but thats a good thing

kingpest13
2009.06.21, 03:05 PM
i understand the new helios ltd. ed. is bad to the bone. havent even seen one myself. looked online at em. very expensive. does anyone know about repairing the kt-18? my throttle wont go in fwd. only rev. think i might need a new switch in the trigger. looked around online and found nothing. might just rip it out and carry it to radio shack and hope for the best. sad thing is its seen very light use.

herman
2009.06.22, 01:03 AM
my throttle wont go in fwd. only rev.
it might be your chassis... not going forward may be an indication that you might have blown a fet... try a factory reset on your kt18... and rebind... see if that works...
if not try somebody's kt-18 to see if it works with your chassis...

if that doesn't work, try inspecting your board and see if any of the fets are blown (usually a very small bubble appears on top of the fet)...

have somebody replace the fet... if that's not an option a quick fix is to swap the motor wires, red motor wire goes to negative side of board, black wire goes to positive side of board...

if it's not the board... try sending in the controller back to kyosho america and see if they can replace it...

hope this helps... good luck and let us know what happened... (i think you should've started a new thread)

EMU
2009.06.22, 03:30 AM
Also try adjusting the throttle trim, and endpoint (hold trigger down and press up on the trim adjustment) see if it does anything...

NewbieRacer
2009.08.18, 11:30 AM
kingpest13, I see that your post is from June, so you probably figured it out. Hopefully you didn't just throw it away. I had the same problem with my kt-18 last week. All I did was reset to default settings and everything was back to normal.

SiRay6
2010.02.13, 06:09 AM
i know this is way too late...but if the throttle is reversed where "forward" ends up going reverse and vice versa.

On the KT-18...use the instruction manual and find Throttle trim "b" (the bottom button of the throttle trim). With the transmitter on...just hold down throttle trim "b" button for 3 seconds and listen very carefully for a beep...your throttle is now reversed (so it should go back to forward = forward). Do it again and forward becomes reverse.

-Ray