PDA

View Full Version : NEW LAYOUT !!! Come and Race

ProfoxCG
2009.03.21, 11:43 AM
A&e hobbies continues its commitment to provide a challeging course and a friendly atmosphere.

Recently, the store has made an investement to double the size of its indoor mini-z RCP track !

The has received an expansion of almost 25sq Ft. It is twice as technical now with some nicely layout fast sections.

In addition, there is not a full sound system which plays some tunes during practive nights (tuesday and thursdays) providing a nice escape from the ery day routine.

Curently A&E is holding spec races with a PN70 turn house hand out motor, and any hopups and fets. However racers are free to practice with any motor they wish.

Here are some pictures from thursday's practice session.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/Profoxcg/DSC05932.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/Profoxcg/DSC05931.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/Profoxcg/DSC05930.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/Profoxcg/DSC05929.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/Profoxcg/DSC05926.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/Profoxcg/DSC05933.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/Profoxcg/DSC05934.jpg

See you there !

Tjay
2009.03.21, 12:47 PM
Very nice!

Scrapper
2009.03.27, 08:11 PM
how far from mid-beach or south beach

briankstan
2009.03.27, 08:18 PM
wow !! almost 3 wide the entire track. I bet you get some nice lap times on it.

mikey
2009.03.27, 08:20 PM
wow !! almost 3 wide the entire track. I bet you get some nice lap times on it.

the fastest guys are in the deep 10s with the 70 turn.

i cant get around faster than 11.02 :(

mikey
2009.03.27, 08:21 PM
how far from mid-beach or south beach

its about half an hour west, right off the express way

ProfoxCG
2009.03.27, 10:52 PM
If you aske me, the racing and the track are totally worth the drive. I drive from broward just race with these guys. :)

5 start track!

Last nights racing was awesome - interesting and hightly competitive.
Mike we have to get ur MA01 working right w the 70T, you saw me run...

ocean rodeo
2009.03.28, 08:24 PM
I went down to the track today and I had the best time. I still need to work on my set up but the track and hobby shop is awesome. Is it to late to enter the points series?

ProfoxCG
2009.03.29, 01:40 AM
I dont think its too late, what was your time? - BTW you were using a Pn70T right?

ocean rodeo
2009.03.29, 08:38 AM
I dont think its too late, what was your time? - BTW you were using a Pn70T right?

LOL... When I said I had the best time I was talking about having fun not lap times:)

supafastsupra2
2009.03.29, 08:58 AM

do i still have the quickest lap time :confused:

ocean rodeo
2009.03.29, 10:15 AM
do i still have the quickest lap time :confused:
Is this Benny?

lnc0321
2009.03.29, 03:49 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Men I really need to get back to it. Im slacking big time :confused:

ProfoxCG
2009.03.29, 08:58 PM
yep - hope all i well !

ocean rodeo
2009.03.30, 03:29 PM
yep - hope all i well !

Whats up Benny it's Tom, I met you at the track a couple of weeks ago. See you there maybe Thursday? Are you going to start running your AWD? I want to get one.

supafastsupra2
2009.03.30, 03:50 PM
Whats up Benny it's Tom, I met you at the track a couple of weeks ago. See you there maybe Thursday? Are you going to start running your AWD? I want to get one.

He's not Benny, Lol :rolleyes:

ocean rodeo
2009.03.30, 04:31 PM
:confused: :eek: My bad.

supafastsupra2
2009.04.05, 09:32 AM
:confused: :eek: My bad.

Hey, were you at the track on saturday?

ocean rodeo
2009.04.05, 11:30 AM
Yes I was there. Was that you talking to Benny?

supafastsupra2
2009.04.05, 11:31 AM
Yes I was there. Was that you talking to Benny?

yessir :cool:

ocean rodeo
2009.04.05, 12:57 PM
Cool, see you Thursday.

ocean rodeo
2009.04.11, 07:25 PM
I had another great time today at the track:D Thanks guys.

ProfoxCG
2009.04.12, 01:22 PM
that is awesome, you have to make it to the racing though. I wanted to go yesterday but it was a litltle late (i like to sleep in on weekends)

BTW you was there on Sat?

ocean rodeo
2009.04.12, 02:06 PM
Yes I was there. It's hard for me to come during the week because I usually work late on Thursday but I will try for the next race. I'm building a 90mm car this week.

ProfoxCG
2009.04.12, 02:48 PM
racing needs to be later than 7pm...
Also, 90mm (AWD) may not be very stable overall considering how "fast" the track is. AWD are very twitchy.

ocean rodeo
2009.04.12, 04:45 PM
racing needs to be later than 7pm...
Also, 90mm (AWD) may not be very stable overall considering how "fast" the track is. AWD are very twitchy.

No it's 90mm MR-02.:D Dunno on the lid, either Mini Cooper or VW Golf GTI.

supafastsupra2
2009.04.12, 09:24 PM
i think the gti is 94mm. i want to setup a beetle or a mini cooper

ProfoxCG
2009.04.12, 09:54 PM
whats this 90mm thing? - am I missing something? - dont most people want to run 98mm at the track?

mikey
2009.04.12, 10:43 PM
90 mm with a high mount?

could be interesting...

ProfoxCG
2009.04.12, 11:00 PM
oh wow, I just remembered.. that is crazy haha.
I may setup my MA01 to 94mm to see how it does on the front slaloms... although i think 98mm is where the game is at.

ocean rodeo
2009.04.13, 02:42 PM
98mm is a great on the track but 90mm is more of a mini's mini class. PN is releasing a aluminum 90-94 mid mount and it's going to include a damper system for under 40.00. Thats going to be the $hit for 90mm also I am going to see if A&E can get the PN Florida Regional in July?? Eddie just has to use the PN layout and I dont know if there is enough room:eek:

ProfoxCG
2009.04.13, 03:07 PM
yes eddie mentioned the PN race. The only challenge would be redesigning the track. I do however think, that the front section needs some further development.

do you have a link to the mount, I would like to see it?
its a shame the Ma01 cant be made 90mm.

I love my AWD, but im getting my a$$ kicked at the races.... I need to find out why my batteries dump so fast, or else im going to build a MR02 again with the A arm from PN, 98mm since I dont like the 94mm mounts

ocean rodeo
2009.04.13, 03:19 PM
Here you go

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31311

If you look in the MR-02 section at the reflex racing special project you can see the prototype. For the PN race you have to run their layout.

http://www.pnracing.com/

click on world cup.

ProfoxCG
2009.04.13, 03:28 PM
their layout...? which means philip knows it by heart

ocean rodeo
2009.04.13, 04:07 PM
their layout...? which means philip knows it by heart
Yes all PN Regional races uses one layout, but if you saw Phil drive he is fast on any layout:eek:

ocean rodeo
2009.04.25, 05:54 PM
Once again I had a blast today at the track. Now I need to work on my 90mm set up. Hector, Lukas it was cool to finally meet part of the crew.

MiamizFinest
2009.04.25, 08:46 PM
Just wondering what does the PN layout look like?

ocean rodeo
2009.04.25, 09:48 PM
This is the layout for 2009.

MiamizFinest
2009.04.26, 01:41 PM
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27108&d=1240714080

That layout looks REALLY GOOD, i asume the motor that will be used is the PN70T motor as well right??? For a track like that i dont see why anything faster would be needed!!

ProfoxCG
2009.04.26, 01:58 PM
very well developed.

ocean rodeo
2009.04.26, 02:26 PM
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27108&d=1240714080

That layout looks REALLY GOOD, i asume the motor that will be used is the PN70T motor as well right??? For a track like that i dont see why anything faster would be needed!!

PNWC currently has 7 classes I think. They run Mod Pan 33/35t on that track too. Crazy fast.

ocean rodeo
2009.04.26, 02:29 PM
Here is a link to Kenon's new club location at Matsushima's. If you scroll down you can watch some cool vids. This cam is active on Saturdays after 5 PST.

http://stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=183273160

MiamizFinest
2009.04.26, 02:36 PM
Thats freaking nuts, is the space at A&E a good size to accommodate that track. It looks pretty massive.

Cesar whats the deal?? how come your taking a undefinite break for mini-z?? There was a awsome turn out last race and the penis section was removed. Everyone dropped a second or less off there lap times.

BTW: Nice Mini-z Peep Show

ocean rodeo
2009.04.26, 04:15 PM
That track is actually bigger than the PN layout. It's the same configuration except Grant uses 3 tiles wide through out the whole track where the infield should only be two. Yes A&E can fit that track only if they lay it out sideways, on the long side of the track. _|<

yasuji
2009.04.26, 08:14 PM
That track is actually bigger than the PN layout. It's the same configuration except Grant uses 3 tiles wide through out the whole track where the infield should only be two. Yes A&E can fit that track only if they lay it out sideways, on the long side of the track. _|<

HUH????????.... the layout in that video is THE EXACT PNWC regional layout size all the lanes are as they are posted
the only diff is that i didnt have enough 45 deg pieces.....so i had to use radius in stead.....

ProfoxCG
2009.04.26, 08:34 PM
Thats freaking nuts, is the space at A&E a good size to accommodate that track. It looks pretty massive.

Cesar whats the deal?? how come your taking a undefinite break for mini-z?? There was a awsome turn out last race and the penis section was removed. Everyone dropped a second or less off there lap times.

BTW: Nice Mini-z Peep Show

Hey Luke, just been very busy with work and such. The drive down there is looong and other stuff. Maybe ill come back when the series is over and I can run my AWD. Unfortunatly a 70T is not my car's matched powerhouse. I need to run at least an xspeed. My other option would be to buy an MR02 or MR015; but I really want to start spending money on my "fake" type-R and finish my conversion, build my slot car track and other stuff.

My transmiter sold along with many of my bodies. This is not nessceraily bad, but now I have to find at least a Kt18 to drive my car.

Its great the "penis" section was taken out. I am sure it makes driving much smoother and less accidents. I suggested it to eddie last Monday, I am happy for your guys that he has taken into consideration my feedback :rolleyes: . Unfortunaly I could not attend the thursday event because it was my sister's graduation...

I think that if I go back to AE, I wont be formally racing, I will just go to drive my AWD and relax unless I decide to build a MR02 (which I dont think is fair.)

ProfoxCG
2009.04.26, 08:50 PM
What do I mean its not fair?

when I invested 175.00 dollars cash for my "specilly ordered" ASF AWD at AE,I was not told I was not going to be able to race it. I wasn't told that people were going to b*tch because now I have an "advantage". (this is what happened every week while we ran "open class"

In reality, they placed my order and closed the sale. Now rather than clasifying drivers, (and lets make this clear - I dont consired my self a top shelf driver/ A-main or even B-main driver), they made everyone run with 70T motors as a lousy atempt to make things "fair" for everyone.

In regards to AWD. My car runs and handles well - I know this because even with the 70T I have placed twice with dead/flat batteries. What I think is funny is that now that I am at a disadvantage (motor) no one makes any comment in reference to that fact that my car has a handling advantage - how ironic!

Out of the box, an AWD handles like crud. You need to invest alot of time and $ to get it run. (as a matter of fact whomever buys my car is a getting a greatly tunned car - ask Mike) But people give up on the tunning and go back to their MR02 because they are easier to setup, or they dont know how to set up and AWD car, or just dont have the $ it takes to propely build one. What pisses me off is this: I have invested time and $ into a car that I can't run for 6 months untill the series is over.

I will go back this week if I can get my hands on a KT18 and find peace within myself.

ocean rodeo
2009.04.26, 09:41 PM

when I invested 175.00 dollars cash for my "specilly ordered" ASF AWD at AE,I was not told I was not going to be able to race it. I wasn't told that people were going to b*tch because now I have an "advantage". (this is what happened every week while we ran "open class"

In reality, they placed my order and closed the sale. Now rather than clasifying drivers, (and lets make this clear - I dont consired my self a top shelf driver/ A-main or even B-main driver), they made everyone run with 70T motors as a lousy atempt to make things "fair" for everyone.

In regards to AWD. My car runs and handles well - I know this because even with the 70T I have placed twice with dead/flat batteries. What I think is funny is that now that I am at a disadvantage (motor) no one makes any comment in reference to that fact that my car has a handling advantage - how ironic!

Out of the box, an AWD handles like crud. You need to invest alot of time and $ to get it run. (as a matter of fact whomever buys my car is a getting a greatly tunned car - ask Mike) But people give up on the tunning and go back to their MR02 because they are easier to setup, or they dont know how to set up and AWD car, or just dont have the $ it takes to propely build one. What pisses me off is this: I have invested time and $ into a car that I can't run for 6 months untill the series is over.

I will go back this week if I can get my hands on a KT18 and find peace within myself.

For stock class I don't feel thats it's unfair for AWD and MR-02's to run together. Mod is a different story though. MR-02's are just to fast. I was considering buying a AWD car thinking there was enough people to have a class but now I think I am going to go with F1 instead. I don't race but I still have a great time hanging out and practicing.

ProfoxCG
2009.04.26, 11:11 PM
if you want a race ready AWD, there is mine.

MiamizFinest
2009.04.27, 08:13 AM

With that being sayed, why not build a MR02 once you sell the AWD??? Ill be completely honest ive yet to see a AWD spank a MR02 in person ever. I worked at Micro Motor Sport for over a year and a half and ive never seen it happen. Unfortunately what you have on your hands is a case of "if you cant beat them join them". It happen to me at the offroad track when i first showed up i came with a 1,200 fully tricked out revo thinking there was a monster truck class, and when i get there i find out no one cared about monster truck and the only thing dominating the track was buggies and truggies. So ofcourse i sold the truck to fund something else. Sure it wasnt fair but i didn't care all i was looking for was a good time. At the end of the day its not really about who won the race, whos car has an advantage THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING is having a good time!!!

BTW: i think billy is selling his KT18

ProfoxCG
2009.04.27, 08:53 AM
yeah, I guess... I don't know lets see what happens when the AWD sells.
and yes, Ive wooped MR02's w the AWD....

ocean rodeo
2009.05.01, 08:21 PM
Anyone up for controlled F1 practice on Saturdays? I just took mine out of the box :cool:

MiamizFinest
2009.05.02, 04:13 PM
Who else has a F1?? I know mikey does and i think billy too.

Thomas do you already have your's dailed??

supafastsupra2
2009.05.02, 04:29 PM
9.507, beat that luke :D

ocean rodeo
2009.05.02, 06:07 PM
Who else has a F1?? I know mikey does and i think billy too.

Thomas do you already have your's dailed?? No, it's going to be a while, funds are tight it's needs a couple things, but it's a real fun car.

ocean rodeo
2009.05.02, 06:11 PM
9.507, beat that luke :D 9.3's for that 70t, it can be done. Track was great today.

MiamizFinest
2009.05.02, 06:16 PM
9.507, beat that luke :D

Screw your 9.507, im already at 10.053.........im only half a second behind you with the 70T turn

ocean rodeo
2009.05.02, 06:21 PM
^ that was a 70turn

supafastsupra2
2009.05.02, 06:42 PM
Screw your 9.507, im already at 10.053.........im only half a second behind you with the 70T turn

No one likes a hater :p

MiamizFinest
2009.05.02, 08:25 PM
No one likes a hater :p

You know it's all in good fun!!

Thomas, yes where talking about the 70T motor ive yet to throw the transponder on my fully modded car to see what kind of lap times im geting.

ocean rodeo
2009.05.02, 09:48 PM
^ Oh I thought you were referring to a Speedy? My bad...

eztuner12
2009.05.12, 08:13 PM
Hi Guys,
Well well, didnít know this shop & track was actually reaching good activity, thatís just great!!!:):):D

I will be traveling up North next week, for a month. As soon I come back to Miami I will definitely pass by with my 4wd, for a little fun. Oh yeah!!!:cool:

Cheers to allÖ