PDA

View Full Version : NYRC, Queens NYC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.23, 01:12 PM

Hello,

Welcome to NYRC. We are a Mini-z race club located in Whitestone, NY. Currently we are running on a large RCP track with an exciting layout. In the future we may include carpet for something different. Our initial opening date is March 26th, 2009 7:00pm with free practice. Come and check out us.

NYRC WebAdmin.

WEBSITE (http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com)

lugnutz
2009.03.23, 03:21 PM
congrats and good luck with the track guys,it looks pretty awsome:D

Davey G
2009.03.24, 05:58 PM
Congrats Guys...cant wait to check this place out. WIll be nice to not have to cross a bridge and drive less then 100 miles to race mini z's. See you all real real soon for sure!

EMU
2009.03.24, 06:55 PM
I need to check this out... Looks like it is only about 1:15 travel time with public transportation according to Google Maps.

What transponder system are you planning to use?

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.24, 07:22 PM
GiroZ type with the possibility of CORE as a secondary/backup system.

The lap counter hasn't arrived yet therefore no racing for now.

lfisminiz
2009.03.24, 08:45 PM
Good Luck guys..............have to make it up there some time.......LARRY.;)

Drew_Cat
2009.03.25, 12:04 PM
GiroZ type with the possibility of CORE as a secondary/backup system.

The lap counter hasn't arrived yet therefore no racing for now.

Congrats to everyone involved !!!

I'd like to check out this place.

why not use core :confused: much cheaper i think !
where to get this gyro z transponder & how much?
do you have air condition?
rest room (my office) :D
how is the pit space and lighting?
Do you have a phone system in there?

I know that the place is now starting but these are just a few quick questions. (Man i'm i picky or what :p)

EMU give me a pm.. I could probably make the trip shorter. Depends when You're going to check it out.

and again Congrats fellas !

Drew_Cat
2009.03.25, 12:09 PM
Congrats to everyone involved !!!

I'd like to check out this place.

Do you have a phone system in there?
how is the pit space and lighting? Ansewred
I know that the place is now starting but these are just a few quick questions. (Man i'm i picky or what :p)

EMU give me a pm.. I could probably make the trip shorter. Depends when You're going to check it out.

and again Congrats fellas !

http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/resources/_wsb_639x446_IMG_7924.JPG

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.25, 12:35 PM

CORE is not cheap but will be considered as secondary system

It turned out the system will be similar to GiroZ but it's actually not Giroz. We have GiroZ already but we don't have enough transponders

Hot air - yes; cold air -working on it

Yes

how is the pit space and lighting?

You won't be disppointed

[/LIST]Do you have a phone system in there?

In the process of getting one since we just got the key to the space

bermbuster
2009.03.25, 05:31 PM
Congrats guys....
with 360 closing NYC mini z racing may have an influx of 1/10 and 1/12 scale racers....all i can say is sweet.....

when is the Atomic Race guys.....:D

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.25, 05:56 PM
June 6th & 7th, 2009 at NYRC

jackg
2009.03.25, 06:18 PM
small is the new big:cool: -j

monkey19
2009.03.25, 06:47 PM
great news i am only 10 mins away!

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.25, 07:07 PM
To all racers,

Please let me know by PM whether you would like to race Saturday or Sunday; and at what time. NYRC is working to make sure we can accommodate the majority.

Thanks

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.25, 07:49 PM
what's the parking situation...i checked the map and used the street view, and it doesn't look very parking friendly...is there a parking lot?

jackg
2009.03.25, 08:10 PM
To all racers,

Please let me know by PM whether you would like to race Saturday or Sunday; and at what time. NYRC is working to make sure we can accommodate the majority.

Thanks

i vote for sunday racing- noon start for qualifing:D good luck guys I know what it's like to start a buisness. please lets not have to choose where to race on a single night when we could have a chance at real competition both weekend days:cool: -j

philly123
2009.03.25, 08:34 PM
I agree with jack sundays at noon open doors at 8

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.25, 08:53 PM
what's the parking situation...i checked the map and used the street view, and it doesn't look very parking friendly...is there a parking lot?

THere are plenty of street parking spaces available. The surrounding areas are residential with plenty of street parking spaces

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.26, 08:55 AM
Thursday update:

Don't forget: free practice tonight from 7pm - closing.

Please let me know if you have the following for sale:

1) Used (lightweight) hockey sticks or equivalent for marshalling

2) CORE system

3) RCP barriers and extension pieces

We got a call yesterday from Willy saying that he couldn't get on his flight from Asia due to overbooking. He spent almost 2 weeks there and he was supposed to bring back all the goodies from there. Hopefully he'll make it back home tonight.

Number1
2009.03.26, 11:50 AM
I agree with jack sundays at noon open doors at 8

You need 4 hours of practice?:eek:
Better yet, they should open at 2:00AM, so as soon as you finish at action, you can go over there to prepare for Sunday racing.:D

philly123
2009.03.26, 12:38 PM
ahh you funny lol wel on your track i have to set my cars up because the grip situation is going to be different
is this saturday open to everyone(me) or just the cool dudes(sai tam)??

and what classes are you guys planning to run

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.27, 06:52 AM
We are setting up the transponder system today. Feel free to come by from late afternoon. Hopefully we'll get the races going for the weekends, we will decide whether the weekend race will fall on Sat or Sun depending on our survey.

Track is opened to everyone and we treat our customers as if they were all "cool" dudes. The cool dude "saitam" you referred to didn't come last night so he is not considered a "cool dude" anymore.

Classes planned are 2WD Mod / AWD and F1 Open; subject to change.

Check back frequently for updates.

Thanks to all who came over yesterday. Feel free to send me any comments/suggestions

jackg
2009.03.27, 09:18 PM
You need 4 hours of practice?:eek:
Better yet, they should open at 2:00AM, so as soon as you finish at action, you can go over there to prepare for Sunday racing.:D

I need 400 hrs supervised practice:o -j

EMU
2009.03.27, 09:56 PM
I wanted to come out to practice today. I was in NJ for most of the day, and didnt get back into the city early enough :(

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.27, 10:14 PM
Great Practice today. With the help of a racer we got the Robitronics system to work, tomorrow the timing bridge shuold be set up. The layout is slightly changed for better flow. We will be opened tomorrow 3/28.

osnitro
2009.03.27, 11:38 PM
Bennett,

Thank you and the NYRC crew for helping to grow the NY racing scene! It was good to see you guy's yesterday and I will be back on Saturday for sure. I hope all the goodies are there too!!! :D

Now we can have a tri-state point series: Bklyn, SI, NJ, Queens

BRC

killa g
2009.03.28, 09:07 AM
What is the schedule for tonight 3/28. Are you holding races or just practice?

Thanks
Gael

osnitro
2009.03.28, 10:27 AM
Is the CORE system up?

Cherub1m
2009.03.28, 10:34 PM
Hello,

Welcome to NYRC. We are a Mini-z race club located in Whitestone, NY. Currently we are running on a large RCP track with an exciting layout. In the future we may include carpet for something different. Our initial opening date is March 26th, 2009 7:00pm with free practice. Come and check out us.

NYRC WebAdmin.

WEBSITE (http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/1.html)

Congrats Willy, Bennett and whoever else is involved in making this track work.

Good Luck Guys,

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.28, 10:48 PM
Is the CORE system up?

NYRC is looking for a CORE system new or used. In the meantime we are still learning the Robitronics system. If we can find CORE it will be used as our club race lap counting, however. Please help us find one.

NYRC is opened on 3/29/09 Sunday from 1pm.

Scrapper
2009.03.29, 08:00 AM
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=433

I had a great time yesterday

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.03.31, 10:57 AM

osnitro
2009.04.01, 12:39 AM
Please update tomorrow I have parts coming in; I can't wait!!!

BRC

osnitro
2009.04.01, 12:42 AM
Do I get a royalty? LOL!

BRC

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=433

I had a great time yesterday

ralph m
2009.04.02, 10:25 AM
Any idea if the track will be open tomorrow??

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.02, 12:43 PM
NYRC will post an update tonight.

Davey G
2009.04.02, 07:37 PM
Any idea if the track will be open tomorrow??

What are you doing on here? Heheahahe. Hope to see you soon at NYRC

EMU
2009.04.02, 09:02 PM
Any update yet?

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.02, 11:19 PM
Latest update: Landlord said he'll power us through the meter from downstairs. I'll check on it tomorrow morning.

Number1
2009.04.03, 08:39 AM
Receive a call from Willy. The power is back.:D:D:D
See you all at the track.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.03, 08:58 AM
Yes power should resume by the afternoon. The landlord's electrician is on site right now.

imxlr8ed
2009.04.03, 10:02 AM
Are you guys burning up industrial wiring charging those Duratraxx cells? Must be using too many amps! :D

See you guys sometime soon!

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.03, 10:19 AM
NYRC will do a FET job to the building's circuit board in the near future.:)

*Bring your Robitronics transponder if you have one. CORE lap counting system is on its way.

NYRC is opened tonight 4/3/09 at 7pm (with electricity)

Friday: race starts at apprx. 8pm

Saturday: race starts at apprx. 5pm

Sunday: race starts at apprx. 3pm

We race on any day/any time as long as racers are interested.

Classes:

2WD club spec (Atomic USA motor)

2WD Open

Pan Car Open

Other classes are welcome as long as we have 5 racers or more

SaiTam
2009.04.03, 11:13 AM
NYRC will do a FET job to the building's circuit board in the near future.:)

*Bring your Robitronics transponder if you have one. CORE lap counting system is on its way.

NYRC is opened tonight 4/3/09 at 7pm (with electricity)

Friday: race starts at apprx. 8pm

Saturday: race starts at apprx. 5pm

Sunday: race starts at apprx. 3pm

We race on any day/any time as long as racers are interested.

Classes:

2WD club spec (Atomic USA motor)

2WD Open

Pan Car Open

Other classes are welcome as long as we have 5 racers or more
----------------------------------------------------------------------

lugnutz
2009.04.03, 12:24 PM
thats great that power is back see you all soon :eek:

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.03, 12:41 PM
Bring your indoor heli; soccer ball or ping-pong table. NYRC has almost 7000 sq. ft of additional pit space in the back(without power, however).:)

Drew_Cat
2009.04.03, 01:08 PM
Bring your indoor heli; soccer ball or ping-pong table. NYRC has almost 7000 sq. ft of additional pit space in the back(without power, however).:)

Did You say indoor heli? YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

Now as far as the schedule. I think a set (dedicated) Race Days/nights Should be Implemented and keep practice separate. I would like to know that If I show up on any particular night I will be racing or practicing, not race when ever You want to. This should be done as soon as possible. Make a schedule and if it's not in the best interest of majority of the racers adjust to suit.

With that said, to be fair for the Hobby as a whole, weekend racing should be done on Sundays. Action already has a Saturday schedule going on. If racers from that track want to race on Sunday they can, without giving up their regular program.( IF racers from that track DON'T race at NYRC then it doesn't really matter that much ).I got some sticks that I'll drop off, for marshaling if still needed.

Just to make it clear, I'm sponsored ONLY by VISA /MASTER CARD :o and I would like to see this hobby grow.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.03, 01:41 PM
Drew_Cat

NYRC's initial survey indicated that 60% of racers prefer Saturday races and 40% of racers prefer Sundays. With that in mind, you can assume that dedicated racing is on Saturday. Last Sunday NYRC was opened but not too many racers showed. You mentioned that another track/facility has Saturday racing, but this does not influence our decision on dedicated race day. Our goal is to please the majority. Don't forget there are at least two other Mini-z Tracks in NJ; and one at Brooklyn hobbies which are all within short distance besides the one you mentioned. Therefore NYRC cannot possibly avoid any conflict. Floyd Bennett racing I believe is on Sundays and many of our racers race 1/8th scale too. I wish there's an eighth day on a week called the Zeeday!

NYRC is trying to accommodate everybody by opening on Fridays; Saturdays and Sundays. I cannot guarantee you a race on Saturday if no more than 5 racers show up. I hope you understand. Feel free to donate sticks for marshalling. NYRC appreciates your donation.

Guss,

Per forum rules, you need to post on "Mini-z MarketPlace" for selling your stuff with 50 minimum posts.

guss
2009.04.03, 02:24 PM
Drew_Cat

Guss,

Per forum rules, you need to post on "Mini-z MarketPlace" for selling your stuff with 50 minimum posts.

Sorry about that. I erased it.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.03, 02:45 PM
General Rules:

• No foul language. Respect each other and have fun.
• Do not intentionally destroy track's furniture/equipment or even your own car/equipment
• Do not occupy too much pit space unless it's a slow day
• Clean up the pit area after you finish.
• Marshal after your heat/race. Racers from final heat marshal the first heat
• Do not block the leaders from passing
• There is no "Lead lap" rule at NYRC, you must yield to the leader in a heat/race. A leader does not have to lap you twice before you begin to yield
• Return house transponder after every heat/race
• Pit towel is required
• No intentional hacking or crashing into other cars
• No traction compound. No wet tires on track
• No shoes on track
• All car bodies must have windows, whether it's clear plastic or lexan
• Remove sharp edges from bodies to avoid cutting marshal's fingers (e.g. the 350Z race body)
• Wheel wells may be cut forward; backward and inward for tire/chassis clearance. Excessive cutting is not allowed
• Rear wing height must be below roofline for sedan bodies
• Track owner/officials reserve the final right to resolve any conflict in a fair manner
• Qualifying is Staggered start format; you race against the clock; not other cars
• No substitute driver
• No refund for practice/race in case of non-operating car; missing equipment, etc….
• Controlled practice may take place if too many racers are on the track

Saturday Class rules:

5 minute staggered start qualifying; 8 minute A-main; 5 minute other mains

2WD Club Spec

Battery : AAA NIMH only
Body : Kyosho Autoscale/I-Waver sedan bodies; no lexan bodies; no Kyosho LeMans bodies.
Motor : Atomic - USA
Minimum Weight : 180g
Min/Mix Wheel Base : 86-98mm
Tires : Mini-Z type Touring Rubber (any brand). No foam tires
Remarks : Any hop-ups

2WD/AWD Modified

Body : Kyosho Autoscale/I-Waver sedan bodies; no lexan bodies; Kyosho LeMans bodies allowed.
Motor : Any motor
Minimum Weight : Open
Min/Mix Wheel Base : 86-102mm

2WD/AWD PanCar open

Body : PanCar bodies only
Motor : Any motor
Minimum Weight : Open
Min/Mix Wheel Base : 90-98mm

Feel free to comment by sending me PM or email.

MikeL
2009.04.03, 03:26 PM
Are other chassis allowed in mod like a mrcg or sinister? with an open weight rule I'd be inclined to think so.

What's an atomic-usa motor? will you have these motors and tires for sale at the track?

Is the "big" race going to have spec tires this year like last year? or will it be open?

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.03, 04:12 PM
----------------------------------------------------

Are other chassis allowed in mod like a mrcg or sinister? with an open weight rule I'd be inclined to think so.

YES

What's an atomic-usa motor? will you have these motors and tires for sale at the track?

Atomic-USA is an inexpensive motor. The idea is similar to one make race in real cars. We have it available.

Is the "big" race going to have spec tires this year like last year? or will it be open?

Don't know. This is per Atomic

Drew_Cat
2009.04.03, 05:48 PM
Drew_Cat

NYRC's initial survey indicated that 60% of racers prefer Saturday races and 40% of racers prefer Sundays. With that in mind, you can assume that dedicated racing is on Saturday.

NYRC is trying to accommodate everybody by opening on Fridays; Saturdays and Sundays. I cannot guarantee you a race on Saturday if no more than 5 racers show up. I hope you understand.

Understanding IS part of my Signature (see below), weather or not we agree could be a different story. ;) :D

I'll be @ NYRC soon. ;)

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.03, 06:26 PM
The best NYRC can do is to accommodate the majority; that's why we are opened Tues; Wed; Fri; Sat and Sunday. We'd like to please 100% of the racers, but it's impossible in reality. Luckily racers in the tri-state area have various tracks to choose from to fit their schedule.

bermbuster
2009.04.03, 09:55 PM
The best NYRC can do is to accommodate the majority; that's why we are opened Tues; Wed; Fri; Sat and Sunday. We'd like to please 100% of the racers, but it's impossible in reality. Luckily racers in the tri-state area have various tracks to choose from to fit their schedule.

I feel really lucky and I remember when mini z racers didnt have many choices. The cars , hop ups and now the tracks are all evolving and I know the NYC Metro area can support it. I cant wait to come and run at NYRC....
We all need to get our friends, co workers and even relatives to come out and play mini z.....

Davey G
2009.04.04, 09:14 AM
I heard "THE SLAYER" was in attendance lastnight. Ralph was also in the house, now all I need is some free time to come play. :p

EMU
2009.04.04, 11:45 AM
Had a lot of fun at practice yesterday... I cant wait until races start. There is going to be a lot of tight racing.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.04, 10:46 PM
Who was "THE SLAYER"?

ralph m
2009.04.04, 11:28 PM
Hamlin's getting fets and a mod, better watch out!

Thanks for your help today Roland.

osnitro
2009.04.05, 01:06 PM
I can speak to the fact that NYRC does accommodate it's racers and that's why it is my home track!

BRC

Number1
2009.04.05, 01:34 PM
Thanks for your help today Roland.

Anytime, bro.

Hamlin's getting fets and a mod, better watch out!

Uh Oh, I'm scared now. :eek:
Nah, bring it on! :D

giantbill
2009.04.05, 08:41 PM
Hey Roland why do you get to be number1?

I want too also thank you for the help with the
car on saturday.

Bill......

Number1
2009.04.07, 03:14 PM
Hey Roland why do you get to be number1?

I want too also thank you for the help with the
car on saturday.

Bill......

You're very welcome.
I get to be number because that's what she said!:eek::cool::D

EMU
2009.04.07, 04:10 PM
She said that, because she rates on a scale of 1-10 (10 being best)... If I had a number, it would be 11 ;)

I plan to come Friday for practice again... Possibly Sunday as well.

bermbuster
2009.04.07, 04:15 PM
will the track be open tonight for practice Tues 4/7...
Im on LI and I got my Zs...

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.07, 07:35 PM
Yes the track is open tonight and tomorrow. In fact there is a decent crowd here right now.

bermbuster
2009.04.07, 10:02 PM
had a great time at the track tonight. Cant wait to come back and race....

Number1
2009.04.08, 01:39 PM
She said that, because she rates on a scale of 1-10 (10 being best)... If I had a number, it would be 11 ;)

:cool::eek::confused::o:(:mad:

lol :D

I plan to come Friday for practice again... Possibly Sunday as well.

Very nice!

Number1
2009.04.08, 01:53 PM
Who was "THE SLAYER"?

THE SLAYER is one scary dude who you don't want to mess with, who you wished you've gotten out of his way yesterday. Be afraid, be very afraid; he is coming to get you; whoever the heck you are. :D

BTW, he's got rings on his lips and his ni pples.:D:D:D
Just kidding, I made the last part up. lol

Well, he is coming with Dave G this Friday.

Scrapper
2009.04.10, 07:31 AM
i have a few things for the track that i dont use anymore like speakeres and all that i am bringing today

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.10, 09:05 AM
Thanks Stugottz but NYRC doesn't need speakers at the moment.

Scrapper
2009.04.10, 09:24 AM
what time do you open for practice today

Davey G
2009.04.10, 05:51 PM
THE SLAYER is one scary dude who you don't want to mess with, who you wished you've gotten out of his way yesterday. Be afraid, be very afraid; he is coming to get you; whoever the heck you are. :D

BTW, he's got rings on his lips and his ni pples.:D:D:D
Just kidding, I made the last part up. lol

Well, he is coming with Dave G this Friday.

Nope not coming tonight. Sorry. I would like to congradulate George Fabbiani on the latest addition to his family. Isabella was born lastnight in South Hampton NY... Mom, Baby and Dad are all doing well.

Number1 do u know about George's nipple rings 1st hand? Just curious

Drew_Cat
2009.04.10, 07:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6VSkER7MI0&feature=related

EMU
2009.04.11, 02:50 AM
Nope not coming tonight. Sorry. I would like to congradulate George Fabbiani on the latest addition to his family. Isabella was born lastnight in South Hampton NY... Mom, Baby and Dad are all doing well.

Number1 do u know about George's nipple rings 1st hand? Just curious

Tell George congratulations for me ;)

Sorry you didnt make it. Had a enough racers, and got a stock race going... Roland showed why he is Number1, for this race at least... I had TQ honors, and finished 2nd. Very fast racing...

Scrapper
2009.04.11, 11:18 AM
i wont be able to make it today i gotta lot of work to do on my cars i am having bad board luck

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.12, 12:05 PM
Dear Racers,

Thanks for coming this past Friday and Saturday. Racing was intense in all A,B,C mains.

CORE is now fully operational with automatic lap time/position/pace/name announcement. Come get your CORE card if you don't have one. CORE doesn't miss a beat and hope it stays this way. As a backup we also have Robitronics; I-Lap and GiroZ to do the races.

Results from 4/11/09 (unfortunately B and C main HTML results were lost)

Winners:

C-Main: Victor Liu
B-Main: John Aquavella
A-Main: Sai Tam

A-Main 2WD SPEC (http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/resources/race.html)

Drew_Cat
2009.04.12, 03:14 PM
Had a great time Yesterday at nyrcsuperraceway.

It was good to see the mini-z action including a lot of nitro on-road drivers. I guess everyone is getting their reflex sharp in what ever way they can.( driving is driving period)

Congrats to SaiTam in the 2WD Club Spec class win, taking down the defending champ (aka Number 1) Roland. It was a tight battle in the Main from start to finish, one mistake puts you to the back of the field. Willy Wong was putting on a strong run for second until he had car trouble that put him out of the running for podium spot.The Battle for second was a tight from the second half of the main leaving Sitam with not much room for error. Great racing fellas, I wish I had a camcorder to record it.

Saitam was using a new product Designed by "EMU" on a 015 chaise. New front tower & lower arm to give track width of a MR02. The main advantage of this is (as I see it IMO) it allows You to run a larger track widths on the 015 with MR02 bodies. The 015 has a higher CG which gives more body roll ; if utilize correctly it can give more grip on low traction tracks. This is not the only benefit from the New front tower & lower arm and it adds a new dimension for tunning the 015 chaise. Great work Eugine (EMU).

The only problem I see with this whole concept is some tracks ONLY allow 015 bodies to be used on a 015 chaise, But this is not a problem at nyrcsuperraceway.The rules are very flex-able to accommodate the racers. nyrcsuperraceway. realizes that the track is for the racers. Hats off to the owners !

SaiTam
2009.04.12, 10:21 PM
Yes, the MR015 Wide Front End rocks. I believe the shop will carry the EMU MR015 front end kit soon.

EMU
2009.04.12, 10:26 PM
NYRC may have stock as early as this week...

Congratulations on your win Sai. Glad to know that the MR015 ran well with the MR02 track width conversion.

Drew, thanks for the props. :D

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.12, 11:10 PM
NYRC presents the inaugural Trophy event on its Grand Opening Day on 4/18/09. Refreshment/beverages will be served. Race starts at 4pm; door opens at noon.

Trophies awarded to 1st; 2nd and 3rd in A-mains; and the winner in B-mains and below. Bump-up is allowed.

Registration opens now til 4/18/09. Please pay at the track.

$15 one class/$5 additional. Free practice is included with race fee.

Classes are:

2WD SPEC (Atomic USA Motor)
2WD Sedan Open
2WD/AWD PanCar and LeMans Open

See website for details/rules.

www.nyrcsuperraceway.com

*The date on the topic is incorrect. The trophy race is on 4/18/09 not 4/11/09

Drew_Cat
2009.04.13, 12:17 PM
Drew, thanks for the props. :D

Not a Problem ! If I didn't try Si's car myself with the wide track I could have not give the feed back as I did. I ran the same body he was using before and I knew the handling characteristics that it had without the front end on a stock MR02, but with the 015 and the wide track it ROCKS !!! ;)

I just hope more tracks allow it to be used in the stock 015 class with wide width bodies. :rolleyes:

Drew_Cat
2009.04.13, 12:28 PM
NYRC presents the inaugural Trophy event on its Grand Opening Day on 4/18/09.

Classes are:

2WD SPEC (Atomic USA Motor)
2WD Sedan Open
2WD/AWD PanCar and LeMans Open

See website for details/rules.

www.nyrcsuperraceway.com

*The date on the topic is incorrect. The trophy race is on 4/18/09 not 4/11/09

Are MR015 allowed in the 2WD SPEC class?

Will the layout change for this event?

I see that "Bump-up are allowed". but do the winners of B and lower have to take the Bump-ups?

Will You have a Junior class?

I guess CORE will be used !

Scrapper
2009.04.13, 12:52 PM
i am hoping i will be here for the race how do we register

pelico
2009.04.13, 04:34 PM
Oh man, I'm not going to be able to make this race as I will be on my way driving up from Florida.

Hey Bennett or Willy, the links for the B and C Mains on the website are not active.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.13, 04:52 PM
The B-main and C-main results were lost.

MR015 is allowed for this event; but eventually NYRC will have an MR-015 narrow body class.

Bump-up is up to the winner.

Layout will be changed prior to the event.

Junior class is a possibility but trophies were ordered for the 3 specific classes only.

Davey G
2009.04.13, 06:07 PM
Me and the SLAYER will be there on SAT for certain. He officially has his own car now.
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/slayer_Z.jpg

Scrapper
2009.04.13, 06:17 PM
sick paintjob davey g

Whos going tomorrow

Drew_Cat
2009.04.13, 09:46 PM
The B-main and C-main results were lost.

MR015 is allowed for this event; but eventually NYRC will have an MR-015 narrow body class.

Bump-up is up to the winner.

Layout will be changed prior to the event.

Junior class is a possibility but trophies were ordered for the 3 specific classes only.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Now I'll have to try to make it there one of these week nights.
Kaleb's car is working, so now I can play :eek:

When You think the new layout will be down?

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.13, 10:18 PM
A new layout is in. Come check it out Tues; Wed or Fri.

Number1
2009.04.14, 08:57 AM
A new layout is in. Come check it out Tues; Wed or Fri.

A new layout is in? How so?
I was there Sunday night until the closing time. It's now 10:00 Tuesday morning, and you guys already have the layout changed during these time?
I thought the track is closed on Monday. I guess it's closed so you guys have your own private practice session. ;):D

Number1
2009.04.14, 09:06 AM
Me and the SLAYER will be there on SAT for certain. He officially has his own car now.
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/slayer_Z.jpg

Beautiful paint job, as usual, Dave.

Scrapper
2009.04.14, 09:08 AM
leada leada leada

whos going today

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.14, 09:09 AM
I was there Sunday night until the closing time. It's now 10:00 Tuesday morning, and you guys already have the layout changed during these time?
I thought the track is closed on Monday. I guess it's closed so you guys have your own private practice session. ;):D

The owners were there yesterday to prepare for Sat. trophy race and to put down a new layout. No practice was done.

Drew_Cat
2009.04.14, 11:27 AM

Don't worry #1, of Your 20 cars one will work on staurday.

:D:D:D
Besides with VIP status, practice is open any time.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Scrapper
2009.04.14, 03:20 PM
so excited about tonight

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.15, 12:05 PM
Tuesday night results are in:

For the future we'll start the race early so that people can stay through the mains.

2WD A Main OPEN (http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/resources/2WD+Open+A+Main+Main+2009-04-14+23-53-29.html)

2WD A Main SPEC (http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/resources/SPEC+A+Main+Main+2009-04-14+23-41-31.html)

2WD B Main OPEN (http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/resources/B+Main+2WD+Open+Main+2009-04-14+23-29-31.html)

Scrapper
2009.04.15, 12:20 PM
amain lol jk

Drew_Cat
2009.04.16, 01:57 PM
Tuesday night results are in:

For the future we'll start the race early so that people can stay through the mains.

2WD A Main OPEN (http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/resources/2WD+Open+A+Main+Main+2009-04-14+23-53-29.html)

2WD A Main SPEC (http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/resources/SPEC+A+Main+Main+2009-04-14+23-41-31.html)

2WD B Main OPEN (http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/resources/B+Main+2WD+Open+Main+2009-04-14+23-29-31.html)

Keep Up the Good work nyrcsuperraceway !

Nice to took at the results from the comfort of my PC. :D

easier to track my results now !!! BRAVO

This is the first time my son's results have ever been posted on line. GO KALEB !!!!

Scrapper
2009.04.16, 02:38 PM
I am thinking of taking up making art out of cans

Drew_Cat
2009.04.16, 02:41 PM
congrats to Sai Tam taking down another win against #1 (aka Roland).
Just make it count on Saturday on the trophy race.

Willy Wong had car trouble again... so did Ralph M.

Great to see racers from NJ testing the track out: Maj Banteen & Mark who races @ MHS (http://www.shopmaj.com/) Saddlebrook, NJ

It was also nice racing with Glen Hikaarip, when ever I'm racing I always give
the courtesy to ALL drivers in the race when ever my car comes in contact when them. That's why I pulled over and let You go. It's more important to have FUN than win, in my book.

look like everyone is preparing for this weekend race.

Friday should be packed !

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.16, 08:27 PM
Dear racers,

The shipment from Kyosho and Atomic have arrived. Come get the race car kits: MR02/AWD 2.4ghz; Tires; batteries, etc...... tomorrow night just before the race. It should be a crowded night tomorrow. Unfortunately Verizon has disappointed us again and no land line is installed.

Trophies are ready for the winners!

http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/resources/_wsb_640x333_100_0609.JPG

Scrapper
2009.04.16, 10:44 PM
sick trophies

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.19, 12:45 PM
Dear all racers:

Willie is supposed to open the shop today at 1pm but he has a family emergency and needs to stay in Central NJ. NYRC regrets any inconvenience. If you need Practice/parts today please call 9082402312 for Willie. He maybe there late or someone else like Roland can open the door for you

Drew_Cat
2009.04.19, 01:12 PM
Dear all racers:

Willie is supposed to open the shop today at 1pm but he has a family emergency and needs to stay in Central NJ. NYRC regrets any inconvenience. If you need Practice/parts today please call 9082402312 for Willie. He maybe there late or someone else like Roland can open the door for you

I hope everything is ok with Willie.

Had a blast Yesterday... You should have another event like that one soon.

Don't worry #1, of Your 20 cars one will work on staurday.

:D:D:D
Besides with VIP status, practice is open any time.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I knew #1 has VIP status !:eek: only problem is he will have to change his name to #2 or #3. :D

Drew_Cat
2009.04.20, 02:16 PM
NYRC-WebAdmin

when will the results be up?

thanks

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.20, 02:20 PM
At least Wed. The memory stick with the results is left at NYRC.

Detailed results may not be posted because there was a missed lap for Sai's SPEC car and EMU didn't have a transponder.

Drew_Cat
2009.04.20, 11:17 PM
At least Wed. The memory stick with the results is left at NYRC.

Detailed results may not be posted because there was a missed lap for Sai's SPEC car and EMU didn't have a transponder.

Yeah.. But can You post the detailed results anyway.. I DON'T care about the missed laps or who's transponder didn't count.. I just want to see my laptimes... That's the only way I can track my progress.. Those problems were UN-controllable by NYRC ( they happen at all tracks that I have raced at that uses the core decoder ) and should not be a reason not to post results. What NYRC DO HAVE CONTROL OVER is weather or not to post the results !

If You can't, could I bring my own removable media so i can down load it?

ps: if the files got erased or deleted, I'm also a computer tech. I could recover them for You.
......................., this is very important to me.;)

pss: was this post made by Bennet, Willie, Si , Roland or etc .....?

Keep Up the Good work nyrcsuperraceway !

Nice to took at the results from the comfort of my PC.

easier to track my results now !!! BRAVO

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.21, 10:59 AM
Photo gallery (more pics to be added later). If you have additional pics please send to NYRC:

http://nyrcsuperraceway.net/tinc?key=porKkjHc&preview=1

http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/resources/_wsb_573x380_Race+layout+2.JPG

http://nyrcsuperraceway.net/tinc?key=porKkjHc&preview=1

Drew

Come to the track tonight you'll have all the answers.

Scrapper
2009.04.24, 05:07 PM
so excited about tomorrow

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.25, 09:00 AM
Uploaded:

Trophy race results + Friday night results 042409

arch2b
2009.04.25, 12:08 PM
you could always post results per drive is using core, from the stats window.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.25, 12:09 PM
Is there anyway I can upload html results to MZR instead of .zip?

arch2b
2009.04.25, 12:16 PM
you should have a member and or club gallery that you can upload images, video and pdf too. you can print the results as pdf then upload to your gallery of choice and then url link to them. let me know if you need subalbums within club galleries. :)

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.26, 12:41 AM
Results are up from Saturday.

With 25+ windows on four sides, NYRC stays cool and breezy despite the 80+F degree weather. Nobody sweated or needed a fan.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.04.29, 11:00 AM
Tuesday night results are up. It was a crowded night with 19 entries.

Davey G
2009.05.01, 08:44 AM
DREWCAT: Get my PM??

Drew_Cat
2009.05.01, 10:55 AM
DREWCAT: Get my PM??

Davey G .. check Your in BOX ! .. :+) :D

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.03, 09:23 AM
Saturday 050209 Results

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.05, 02:10 PM
Track opens early today at 2pm. Come now and enjoy more practice time. We'll be racing tonight.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.06, 08:08 AM
Results are up. It was the most crowded Tuesday night ever with 20+ attendance and 19 entries. For the newcomers who were afraid to join the race we can use a beginners' class next time; given there are more than 4 racers.

NYRC Featured item:
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/Tape.jpg
Never lose your body again and protect your chassis.

Thanks to all racers who attended the race
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/Tuesday-turnout.jpg

Drew_Cat
2009.05.08, 02:40 AM
Is there anyway I can upload html results to MZR instead of .zip?

You could try this ! :D

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3007/050509.jpg

egonzalez
2009.05.08, 08:32 AM
You could try this ! :D

http://www.mini-zracers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27188&d=1241768447

Converting the results of all the races into one PDF IMO is the best choice.

Scrapper
2009.05.08, 02:40 PM
does anyone have sais cell number my phone died and i need to find out if hes going tonight

EMU
2009.05.08, 02:51 PM
He is going...

Scrapper
2009.05.08, 02:55 PM
do you have his cell because my cell phones dead

MikeL
2009.05.10, 08:38 AM
Good racing last night, I had a good time.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.10, 09:06 AM
NYRC is honored to have Mike Haynes at our facility yesterday. Mike is a Schumacher/Speed passion sponsored driver (Perhaps a few other manufactures) from LI. The level of Mini-z competition has raised another bar with more and more larger scale sponsored and non-sponsored experienced drivers participating. Racing in B and C Mains were also intense.

Roland a.k.a Number1 lives up to his screen name and captured SPEC and OPEN wins; while Willy was the winner for PANCAR. Results will be posted in mid-week since the files are left at NYRC.

Mike L/Jean/Tommy B's buddies/others...... - Welcome to NYRC!

Stugottz has improved greatly with his properly tuned Purple McLaren. He needs to work on his "Zombie" announcing skills however.

The 2.4ghz 2WD and AWD chassis kits are back in stock; as well as a large number of Atomic parts. Come stock up during the week and be prepared for the Atomic trophy race next month. We are designing a new layout for May and will start a AWD class soon. Current track's best lap record is set by Davey G at 10.20; who else came close?

Happy Mother's day! Don't forget NYRC is closed today. See you all on Tuesday night.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/Mikehaynes.jpg

Drew_Cat
2009.05.10, 10:47 AM
NYRC is honored....

Roland a.k.a Number1 lives up to his screen name

in stock; as well as a large number of Atomic parts. ?

Hey Bennett, will this mean that NYRC/You be HONORING the Atomic prizes from the first trophy race soon are were they honored already? I've ordered parts from HK and they never took that long on the slow boat ! :confused:

go #1.. I knew sooner or later those practice laps would pay off. :D

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.10, 11:03 AM
The prizes were shipped from Atomic HQ of Hong Kong. The shipment may have been held up by customs or USPS. Prizes will be honored eventually; and HKS has nothing to do with these prizes.

Drew_Cat
2009.05.10, 03:18 PM
The prizes were shipped from Atomic HQ of Hong Kong. The shipment may have been held up by customs or USPS. Prizes will be honored eventually; and HKS has nothing to do with these prizes.

HK = Hong Kong

Hence the term slow boat. ;)

sorry you misunderstood HK for HKS .

Davey G
2009.05.10, 06:39 PM
HK = Hong Kong

Hence the term slow boat. ;)

sorry you misunderstood HK for HKS .

Speaking of slow, your awfully slow to reply to your PM's...Pitboard ehem.. ;)

MaxxZ
2009.05.13, 10:29 PM
I had a great time Saturday night, thanks for the help Willy and Bennett in getting my car to stay together :D. I'm looking forward to racing with you guys again. Also, Roland thanks letting me snoop around and learn as much as i can :)

Jean Lambre

philly123
2009.05.14, 05:58 PM
Hey, does anyone know about the kyosho 20deg radial rears compared to say kyosho 20 slick wides??

EMU
2009.05.14, 06:49 PM
Yes I do :p More grip than the slicks, even when worn down to a slick. I like the tire for Mod class. ATM 8d still for spec, K20 radials have a little too much grip, it is hard to get the car to rotate well. You have to glue down the K20 radials though, they are very soft and will peel. Causing chatter, or even worse, losing a tire.

philly123
2009.05.14, 07:05 PM
Okk cool thanks because i am going to test those tires and Kyosho Wide LM 20s this weekend with either Kyosho 30 or PN 8deg in the front. PN 8s are great, but its wierd because i went down to 6s and the car pushed like i had stock ASC tires on it. I have yet to try 10s, that will be next for testing. Just trying to tune and get ready for the Atomic race because i know competition is going to be at its best.

EMU
2009.05.14, 09:05 PM
I find that the PN 6d tires are too soft. As they wear, they start to grain as they get above their operating temperature. You should not see your tire peel apart. I personally prefer harder tires, since they get better as the run goes on... The softer the tire, the lower its operating temperature is. Harder tires take a little longer to warm up, but when they are up to temperature, they run more consistant.

I have had good results with the Kyosho 40d radial front tire on my 015... The 30d radial would work very well, but may be a little too much for my driving style. I want to try it though... K30 front slick might be good...

philly123
2009.05.14, 09:57 PM
I dont know about the Atomic 8 radials on this track. With those tires in the rear i would always understeer no matter what front tire or set up i had. What front tire are you using with the Atomic 8s in the rear?

EMU
2009.05.15, 01:21 AM
Atomic AW40, 40 slicks, 40 slick-R, depends on the car... Occasionally 30s, for Pan car or mod.

jackg
2009.05.15, 07:22 AM
I find that the PN 6d tires are too soft. As they wear, they start to grain as they get above their operating temperature. You should not see your tire peel apart. I personally prefer harder tires, since they get better as the run goes on... The softer the tire, the lower its operating temperature is. Harder tires take a little longer to warm up, but when they are up to temperature, they run more consistant.

I have had good results with the Kyosho 40d radial front tire on my 015... The 30d radial would work very well, but may be a little too much for my driving style. I want to try it though... K30 front slick might be good...

so that odd, leathery texture on the tires is called graining? Is this over-temp of the tire also producing the little strings & mini-marbles that peel off after a hard run? I have switched up tires recently to harder compounds and this has gone away mostly. :cool: -j

philly123
2009.05.15, 12:36 PM
Its mainly called tire blistering. Its common with touring car tires. With mini-z i usually see that happen only to front tires like Atomic Slick 20Rs or like Eugene said PN 6s and even 8s as they wore down. However i didnt notice any difference in handling as this started to happen

EMU
2009.05.15, 01:13 PM
The peels and marbles are called graining... something that I dont want to have on my tires, as they wear away very fast, and is inconsistant throughout the run.

I like my tires to wear evenly, without graining or blistering (too hard). I also want enough grip, but not too much. Blistering is different than graining. That usually happens when a tire is not gripping the track well, and pushing along at a high angle. Creating more heat. This can happen with a harder front tire, with a rear tire that has too much grip, so the car does not rotate.

Blistering and graining are two different things. Graining is when the tires surface peels off, blistering is heat build up and small air bubbles forming in the rubber.

Number1
2009.05.15, 01:30 PM
I had a great time Saturday night, thanks for the help Willy and Bennett in getting my car to stay together :D. I'm looking forward to racing with you guys again. Also, Roland thanks letting me snoop around and learn as much as i can :)

Jean Lambre

You are welcome, bro.:)

ralph m
2009.05.15, 04:00 PM
I dont know about the Atomic 8 radials on this track. With those tires in the rear i would always understeer no matter what front tire or set up i had. What front tire are you using with the Atomic 8s in the rear?

I like the ATM 8 radials with PN 8 slicks on the front - fresh ones for mod and worn ones for stock.

philly123
2009.05.16, 01:39 AM
Yea, im going to test that combo out as well. Im not used to running mod, only stock and 70t where it was more driving that set up skills.

EMU
2009.05.16, 02:55 AM
The ATM stock is basically mod, so you should run that. I am just as competetive with a Speedy 07 as I am with a PN 33t or ATM Z2.

philly123
2009.05.17, 12:48 AM
Kyosho 30 radial- too much traction=chatter, even with edges glued
Kyosho 20LM wide- alittle too much steering increase and traction roll

It seems that the only tire i can run in the rear is kyosho 20 wide. Number 1 got alittle bit of luck and my t-plate snapped clean in half. I'll get you next time!!

EMU
2009.05.17, 03:10 AM
Its not luck, its dirty driving. Must have learned that trick from me :p

Did you glue the sidewall on the 30 radials? Have you tried the 40d radials with LM in the rear 20s? I would think that would be a good spec setup... may try it next week.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.17, 02:35 PM
A revised layout with changes in 4 sections is in. Come practice and race. It is a little more challenging than before.

NYRC will no longer open on Wed. Hope everyone will enjoy the summer nights on midweek with family.

SPEC class now accepts AWD chassis. Willy showed us how capable his AWD was with the Atomic SAS rear end.

Come and sign up for Atomic regional event to be held in June.

Results are attached from yesterday and Tuesday. Take a look.

Mike Haynes
2009.05.17, 04:58 PM
What is the time line for a Tuesday? I would like to make it out 1 more time before the race in June. Thanks

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.17, 05:13 PM
7pm - midnight. Most of the time the owner arrives before 7pm after getting off from work.

Mike Haynes
2009.05.17, 06:09 PM
Ok, what time does racing usually start?

Number1
2009.05.18, 12:04 PM
Ok, what time does racing usually start?

MIke, have you gotten your car 2.4 GHz ready?

Race starts at 8:30
Main starts at 11:00

Official business hour on Tuesday is 7:00PM, but the track is 5 minutes from my work, So I'm usually there by 6:15.

Number1
2009.05.18, 12:14 PM
It seems that the only tire i can run in the rear is kyosho 20 wide. Number 1 got alittle bit of luck and my t-plate snapped clean in half. I'll get you next time!!

Sometime, you rather be lucky than good.;)

Mike Haynes
2009.05.18, 07:49 PM
MIke, have you gotten your car 2.4 GHz ready?

Race starts at 8:30
Main starts at 11:00

Official business hour on Tuesday is 7:00PM, but the track is 5 minutes from my work, So I'm usually there by 6:15.

Thanks Roland. I hope to arrive by 6:30 depending on traffic...i could use the laps:D Yes i will run an asf car this week, so no more glitching hopefully....now i get to work on setup.:)

Davey G
2009.05.21, 09:16 AM
< Cricket : Cricket >

Mike Haynes
2009.05.21, 10:38 PM
Watup Dave?

Scrapper
2009.05.26, 10:53 PM
does anyone have any idea what time the atomic race will end on that sunday

EMU
2009.05.26, 10:56 PM
does anyone have any idea what time the atomic race will end on that sunday
I will answer your quote, with a quote...
Day one:-

9:00am to 12:00pm – Open practice and registration.

12:00pm to 12:45pm - Lunch

12:45pm to 1:00 pm – Driver meeting

1:00pm to 6:00pm – 1st and 2nd Qualifiers

Day two:-

9:00am to 10:00pm – Open practice

10:00am to 12:00pm – 3rd qualifier

12:00pm to 12:50pm – Lunch

12:50pm to 1:30pm – Atomic product presentation and prize drawing

1:30pm to 5:00pm – Mains

5:00pm to 6:00pm – Award presentation

Remarks:

- Two minutes between each race.

Scrapper
2009.05.27, 07:21 AM
i can go then

thanks

I almost got 2.4 baby woohoo

ralph m
2009.05.27, 10:00 AM
Roland did a 28 lap run last night in stock!!

Congratulations Number 1. You really do deserve that title.

SaiTam
2009.05.27, 10:24 AM
Roland's average lap time was 11.08 during the 28 lap qualifying run. He has been "Number 1" for qualifying two weeks in a row.

Davey G
2009.05.27, 10:43 AM
The results page of the website hasnt been updated in a while....hint hint. :)

John-NYC
2009.05.27, 10:48 AM
OOOHHHH My Head, What a concussion.

Number1
2009.05.27, 02:42 PM
Roland did a 28 lap run last night in stock!!

Congratulations Number 1. You really do deserve that title.

Thanks. Ralph
Only if I can make the girl next door think I'm #1.
Wait a minute, there is no girl live next door, and I'm married.Damn.:D

Number1
2009.05.27, 02:44 PM
Roland's average lap time was 11.08 during the 28 lap qualifying run. He has been "Number 1" for qualifying two weeks in a row.

All I need is a win now.:mad:

EMU
2009.05.27, 03:56 PM
28??? is this the same layout?

Remind me to bring a sledge hammer next week...

Number1
2009.05.27, 04:20 PM
28??? is this the same layout?

Remind me to bring a sledge hammer next week...

To do what?
If you don't like your car after the race you can just give me your car, I'll take it, there is no need for the sledge hammer.;)

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.27, 06:53 PM
Yes EMU it's the same layout

Attached are the results from last 3 races.

John - I hope you are fine.

Below in first column is Roland's 28 lap qualifying run. Mike H and Davey G you guys need to come shatter Roland's record before the track layout change in a few days.

Pos Laps Time Pace Best Lag Name
1 28 5:10.15 11.08 21/10.75 0.00 Roland

Lap Roland Willy (S) Sai (015/P) Dave R Ralph 01
1 11.33, 2 11.75, 5 11.17, 1 11.75, 5 11.52, 3
2 10.91, 1 11.36, 2 12.59, 3 12.59, 4 15.75, 5
3 11.05, 1 12.89, 3 11.30, 2 11.73, 4 11.63, 5
4 11.16, 1 11.30, 3 11.50, 2 14.20, 4 12.75, 5
5 11.00, 1 11.31, 3 11.89, 2 14.95, 5 11.64, 4
6 11.45, 1 11.53, 2 11.81, 3 11.42, 5 12.44, 4
7 11.11, 1 11.78, 3 11.59, 2 11.73, 5 11.50, 4
8 10.89, 1 11.50, 2 11.66, 3 11.66, 4 15.30, 5
9 11.02, 1 11.05, 2 11.53, 3 11.50, 4 11.11, 5
10 10.88, 1 11.16, 2 11.34, 3 11.63, 4 12.52, 5
11 11.31, 1 11.23, 2 11.50, 3 16.14, 4 13.22, 5
12 10.91, 1 11.38, 2 11.50, 3 12.14, 4 13.52, 5
13 10.94, 1 11.36, 2 11.75, 3 12.00, 4 13.47, 5
14 11.22, 1 11.31, 2 11.53, 3 12.25, 4 11.78, 5
15 10.77, 1 11.56, 2 11.41, 3 12.09, 4 11.17, 5
16 11.12, 1 11.23, 2 11.39, 3 11.31, 4 13.11, 5
17 11.06, 1 11.31, 2 11.55, 3 11.69, 4 13.30, 5
18 10.86, 1 11.42, 2 11.53, 3 11.59, 4 13.06, 5
19 11.00, 1 11.39, 2 11.25, 3 13.20, 4 14.78, 5
20 10.94, 1 11.17, 2 11.41, 3 12.42, 4 11.38, 5
21 10.75, 1 11.27, 2 16.41, 3 12.55, 4 27.77, 5
22 11.19, 1 11.34, 2 11.25, 3 11.70, 4 11.41, 5
23 10.98, 1 11.17, 2 11.70, 3 11.92, 4 11.86, 5
24 12.05, 1 11.53, 2 11.31, 3 11.72, 4
25 10.98, 1 11.22, 2 11.61, 3 11.97, 4
26 11.00, 1 11.45, 2 11.39, 3
27 11.27, 1 11.31, 2
28 11.00, 1

EMU
2009.05.27, 08:18 PM
To do what?
If you don't like your car after the race you can just give me your car, I'll take it, there is no need for the sledge hammer.;)

How about a trade? My sledge hammer, for your car ;) Although, your cars are only good for you :eek:

Really, congratulations on your 28.

kwikvdub
2009.05.28, 10:43 AM
Big Fun last tuesday. It was nice to see you all again!!........ Car felt real good at the end and the Main......... Will be at the Track on Friday and Tuesday.;)

Hope to see you all then!:)

Alex

Number1
2009.05.28, 01:14 PM
How about a trade? My sledge hammer, for your car ;) Although, your cars are only good for you :eek:

Really, congratulations on your 28.

Why would you want to trade when you know the car is only good for myself?

I tell you what, I will help to fix your car..............
With the sledge hammer, of course.:)

Number1
2009.05.28, 01:21 PM
OOOHHHH My Head, What a concussion.

John-I feel your pain, hope every thing is fine.

The Slayer
2009.05.28, 04:24 PM
Just you wait till I can remember I can't hug the boards like in 1/10! I'm comin for ya Number 1!! :cool:

Mike Haynes
2009.05.28, 05:25 PM
Looks like i will be coming out on Tues. to get in a few more laps before the event...can't wait to try some ideas...may even have my paint job then, thats gotta be worth a tenth.

EMU
2009.05.28, 06:59 PM
Looks like i will be coming out on Tues. to get in a few more laps before the event...can't wait to try some ideas...may even have my paint job then, thats gotta be worth a tenth.
I think a paint job will deduct a tenth :D

John-NYC
2009.05.28, 09:21 PM
I am fine guys. Thanks for asking. I didnt even have a bump on my head the next morning. I guess I got lucky :) See u all possibly Friday night but definitly Saturday.

EMU
2009.05.29, 01:27 AM
Concussion? What happened? Hope your alright...

Number1
2009.05.29, 08:48 AM
Thank you John, it was your head that saved the falling window.:eek::D

Number1
2009.05.29, 08:56 AM
I think a paint job will deduct a tenth :D

I have some decal that will take a couple of hundredth off and remember to bring a can of "Instant Speed" if you find it in a store.:D

JuniorWKR
2009.05.29, 09:31 AM
Little Help Please... im having trouble finding the times for next weekend... is there a post anywhere that states when we will be starting on sat and sun and when yuo will be open for practice? I checked your website but it just said the dates or i was looking in the wrong place... Thanks in advance for your help...

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.29, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by NYRC-WebAdmin
Day one:-

9:00am to 12:00pm – Open practice and registration.

12:00pm to 12:45pm - Lunch

12:45pm to 1:00 pm – Driver meeting

1:00pm to 6:00pm – 1st and 2nd Qualifiers

Day two:-

9:00am to 10:00pm – Open practice

10:00am to 12:00pm – 3rd qualifier

12:00pm to 12:50pm – Lunch

12:50pm to 1:30pm – Atomic product presentation and prize drawing

1:30pm to 5:00pm – Mains

5:00pm to 6:00pm – Award presentation

Remarks:

- Two minutes between each race

JuniorWKR
2009.05.29, 10:09 AM
Thank You...

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.30, 09:07 AM
Results from last night posted.

NYRC received more than 40lbs of Atomic hop-up parts shipment. Come stock up before the Atomic Regional scheduled for next week.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/Atomic_Hop-ups.jpg

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.31, 08:57 AM
Attached are Saturday's results. Unfortunately the MOD and SPEC C-main results were lost. We did an experiment last night by running 12 minutes Mains; and no one had any issues with battery dumping.

NYRC is opened today on Sunday 5/31/09. We'll put in a new layout today.

sjm324
2009.05.31, 09:07 AM
Thanks for a great night of racing...Nothing like wining the 12 min B main then going into another 12 min A main....could only last 4 min into the A my eyes were going to fall out :)....

Adam

minittrackmann
2009.05.31, 03:41 PM
Ill see you all at the atomic race.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.31, 09:55 PM
New layout is here. Look at how many turns there are.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/June09Layout.jpg

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/June09Layout2.jpg

Davey G
2009.05.31, 10:17 PM
New layout looks awesome!

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.31, 10:47 PM
It takes several hours to re-do a layout plus vaccuming. No staff is available to make layout change right before Saturday.
This week NYRC is opened for racing/practice on Tuesday and Friday nights.

Davey G
2009.05.31, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE This week NYRC is opened for racing/practice on Tuesday and Friday nights.[/QUOTE]

Except that when you took that pic there are already people on the track. (Today is SUN)

imxlr8ed
2009.05.31, 10:52 PM
There's an event this weekend?... Is this the Atomic Race? :eek:

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.31, 11:23 PM
So this new layout is already open to the public????? :confused:

I thought the ATOMIC practice session starts on SAT morning not TODAY??? :confused:

The people you saw on the pictures are volunteers who came and help with track setup. There were zero customers today and it wasn't meant to be a day with any revenue. The racers knew about the new layout to be put up on Sunday and nobody had complained. Besides, you are good enough to beat "that guy" or whoever is on the picture.:D

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.05.31, 11:26 PM
There's an event this weekend?... Is this the Atomic Race? :eek:

Yes it is. If you miss this there'll be another one later either at NYRC/Maj's or nearby.

MikeL
2009.06.01, 07:36 AM
If you are not able to beat "that guy" on the picture just blame it on NYRC and ask for a refund.

So everyone in the b, and c mains get a refund? sweet! do I get to keep the handout motor too?

Seriously though, if you want to present the image that you run a professional and FAIR facaility and race program, you shouldn't make excuses, you should make compromises. Many tracks will go out of there way to make sure layouts for big race days are put down as late as possible to not let people think they will be at a disadvantage.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.01, 07:54 AM
The refund part was only a joke, don't take it seriously. Sunday was really the latest NYRC could do the layout. It took several hours to remove/reassemble/vaccum the new layout by several people. After that they had to run the cars to make sure there are no big bumps and shim the track here and there. They just simply don't have enough time to do all that on the weekdays.

So far we have ZERO out-of-state racers registered for this race. NYRC can do a layout change after midnight on Friday. Who is available to help re-make a new layout from 1am-4am on Saturday morning?

hooter
2009.06.01, 09:16 AM
You have to admit that this has "home cooking" written all over it. As a track owner if you are going to host a "high level" event you need to make the commitment to do it right.

I also can't stop laughing at the "volunteer" in the pits. Next time if you are going to post pictures make sure he is working on the track and not his car - that's just bad business.......

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.01, 09:42 AM
The guy at the pit was eating his lunch after helping out.
His lunch was a "home cooking".

If the intention of the new layout 6 days prior to the event were for "Home cooking", why would NYRC bother posting and announcing about it?

Per Atomic there is no rule saying that the layout must be unseen prior to race day. My post above also indicated that the layout can be changed on Saturday morning from 1am to 4am. What are you not happy about? NYRC made an announcement at the facility last week letting racers know about the new layout to be put up on Sunday, with a picture. Nobody complained, and now this..... Why????

MikeL
2009.06.01, 09:47 AM
Who is available to help re-make a new layout from 1am-4am on Saturday morning?

If you are serious, I can propose this, set an early time to close fri night, and if you can have someone open the track early on sat I will be there with haynes and possibly others, the track could easily be modified in an hour with a few peoples help, and preplanning of the layout. Personally, I can deal with it being down ahead of time, but I know many racers that are really opposed to it, and some that will even not race due to it. I plan to come down to practice tomorrow regardless of what layout is down :)

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.01, 10:01 AM
Thank you MikeL. Yes we can close a little early on Friday; I hope no one will complain that we don't stick to our Friday's normal operating hours.

For RCP after a layout change we must run our cars through to make sure no tiles are uneven(some tiles are thicker than others). NOTE: ****This is not extra practice for the people involved.*****

Davey G
2009.06.01, 10:10 AM
Of course I knew the "refund" part was a joke. It just seemed a bit early to put down a layout for a big race. Didnt mean for this to turn into a BASH NYRC thread.

Either which way, cant wait till SATURDAY!

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.01, 10:16 AM
Agreed. Let's move on to make sure this event will be top notch. But I'll have to say this once again....."Home cooking" was never the intention.

jackg
2009.06.01, 10:25 AM
I can bring the taco truck for "mexican cooking":cool: Can't wait to race-j

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.01, 10:39 AM
Thank you Jack.

Make sure you don't park the RV in the parking lot. The landlord will go crazy seeing you do business there. The one way streets are the safest bets.

For people who have never been to NYRC, please make sure you don't block the bus stops when parking your cars. Otherwise your car may get ticketed.

jackg
2009.06.01, 11:41 AM
I was joking- I couldn't imagine trying to get around Queens in the truck. It's good to hear there is a parking lot. Is there an elevator? What floor is the track on? -j

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.01, 11:50 AM
Parking lot is meant for tenant only. There is a freight elevator but it needs to be operated from inside. Track is on the top floor

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.01, 12:29 PM
Special Hours this Friday:

NYRC will open early and close early for practice from 2pm - 10pm.

After 10pm NYRC and its volunteers will make layout changes. There will be no practice after the layout change.

Davey G
2009.06.01, 12:42 PM
WOW!

My Hats off to you and all volunteers. If you dont mind I would like to offer for 1 FREE paintjob from 3C Grafx to either use for yourself or to give out at the ATOMIC RACE as a giveaway.

Davey G
2009.06.01, 02:48 PM
TEAM SCREAM is now sending race prizes!!!

bermbuster
2009.06.01, 06:37 PM

After 10pm NYRC and its volunteers will make layout changes. There will be no practice after the layout change.

Looking forward to this weekend......:D

ralph m
2009.06.01, 11:02 PM

Was this really neccessary?

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.02, 08:02 AM
Volunteers are not necessary

JuniorWKR
2009.06.02, 09:17 AM
i was planning on coming fri night to practice... is that now not an option?...

and as far as working in grooves... i think after running all day sat it will be in perfect condition for suns last qualifiers and mains...

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.02, 09:53 AM
This Friday the owners are getting out of their day jobs early. Track will open at 2pm for practice on a non-Atomic race layout.

The Atomic prizes from last Grand Opening race are finally here. Bring your claim check (envelope) to collect the prizes.

Today Bennett will be at the track early around 4-5pm so you may get a few extra hours of practice.

For the Atomic race we'll be utilizing I-lap timing system. Nobody has to buy the transponder but if you have one please bring it. I-Lap is the sponsor of the NY Regional Atomic and their representative will be setting up the timing bridge on Friday afternoon. CORE has some issues lately such as shutting down during a run and program glitches. CORE also doesn't do re-shuffle automatically(maybe I'm wrong?)

visit http://www.rclapcounter.com/ for I-Lap products.

JuniorWKR
2009.06.02, 10:01 AM
then whats the point of practicing if your gonna change the layout?...

well i guess it comes down to whether your gonna change the whole layout or one turn...

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.02, 11:00 AM
IF

.......then whats the point of practicing if your gonna change the layout?...

THEN

............. But i know many racers that are really opposed to it, and some that will even not race due to it. .................................:)

OR ELSE

You have to admit that this has "home cooking" written all over it.

=

http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/explosion.jpg

JuniorWKR
2009.06.02, 11:05 AM
LOL...

Rule #1 - cant please everyone...

im definitly not one of those guys who oppose against having the track set up early... i believe if you can drive, you can drive, whether its your first time on the layout or your 100th its not gonna make a difference... i think every race should have a mandatory fri practice to get the set up down and the gearing down... at least this way you have a two good days of racing and not scrambling between heats to find the right set up or tire combo... i also believe it will make open practice on sat morn alot less hectic... but thats just my opinion...

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.02, 11:12 AM
Thanks Junior.

NYRC learned a lesson this week. We'll know what to do in the future.

JuniorWKR
2009.06.02, 11:13 AM
rule #2 - its your shop do what you feel is best...

Cannabum420
2009.06.02, 11:23 AM
Hey guys, I can't wait to make my return to Mini-z racing. Im finally done moving and everything has settled down...time to go racing! I will see you guys friday night

jackg
2009.06.02, 11:28 AM
hey tom see you sat. call me:D -j

Cannabum420
2009.06.03, 09:44 AM
What are the hours going to be for this weekend?

MikeL
2009.06.03, 10:36 AM
What are the hours going to be for this weekend?

The link for the race on their website has the timeline, as well as a few posts here.

I had fun last night even though I couldn't get my car past "ok", looking forward to this weekend.

racerlog
2009.06.03, 10:51 AM
last night was a good time. my atomic 94mm 02 needs a lot more work too --thankfully my enzo is pretty good in stock.

we also got to see a new potential number 1 in the making. guess who?

btw, what motors are people planning on running in mod 02?

Davey G
2009.06.03, 11:24 AM
last night was a good time. my atomic 94mm 02 needs a lot more work too --thankfully my enzo is pretty good in stock.

we also got to see a new potential number 1 in the making. guess who?

btw, what motors are people planning on running in mod 02?

My guess would be he has the same initials as you.

Look forward to seeing you on SAT!!!

kwikvdub
2009.06.04, 09:00 AM
Bring those F-1 cars this weekend!!:cool:

EMU
2009.06.04, 12:07 PM
Right.... lets get some F1 racing done...

J-Milz
2009.06.04, 01:19 PM
I recently acquired an F1 roller for cheap w/ a bad board. Can the AWD board fit without major surgery?

JuniorWKR
2009.06.04, 01:26 PM
im bringing my F1...

JuniorWKR
2009.06.04, 01:51 PM
what is the motor going to be for F1?

JuniorWKR
2009.06.04, 02:02 PM
I recently acquired an F1 roller for cheap w/ a bad board. Can the AWD board fit without major surgery?

i believe that is the board that is used... i will check mine tonite... cant rmember off the top of my head..

JuniorWKR
2009.06.04, 02:29 PM
found the anserw to the F1 motor in the events forum... is it still going to be a handout motor?

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.04, 03:28 PM
I'll have to ask the Race Director from CA. Looks like it will be open motor rules for F1 I'm not 100% sure.

JuniorWKR
2009.06.04, 03:29 PM
sounds good either way... im in for 2wd stock, 2wd mod and f1... see you guys this weekend..

Davey G
2009.06.04, 03:31 PM
what is the motor going to be for F1?

i believe that is the board that is used... i will check mine tonite... cant rmember off the top of my head..

found the anserw to the F1 motor in the events forum... is it still going to be a handout motor?

I see on several threads that you like talking to yourself....;)

racerlog
2009.06.04, 04:06 PM
I see on several threads that you like talking to yourself....;)

wow - it's a rough crowd even on the message board. should be a lot of fun this weekend.

EMU
2009.06.04, 04:17 PM
I believe it is a handout motor for F1. In the rules, it says MO-USA, which is the same motor for Stock classes.

Jamil, the main thing that has to be done for the AWD board to work in the F1, is removing the crystal holder and installing the F1 holder... Its not hard, but takes time and decent solder skills. Not nearly as hard as FETs... more like motor wire difficulty.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.05, 03:38 PM
The F1 is Handout motor rule - MO-USA. The information in NYRC website is incorrect.

Note: Rules/schedules posted on Forums and NYRC website may subject to last minute changes under certain circumstances, by the race director not NYRC.

All rules and schedules will be finalized and posted at the track tonight to make matters clear.

We'll run a 4th qualifier on Sunday, time permitting.

philly123
2009.06.05, 03:47 PM
On a slightly lighter note,
Is anyone interested in running a 90mm Wheel Base class after the atomic race is over? Especially to get ready for the PN race. From my understanding if we have 4 or more cars to run we have a class.

Scrapper
2009.06.05, 05:25 PM
you know how hard is the i lap to install
the transponder that is

Scrapper
2009.06.05, 05:26 PM
oh and sai i am gonna need a ride with you sat night and sun morning

EMU
2009.06.06, 12:06 AM
Stu, 2 wires... if you have ASF, you can get a plug that goes into the ICS port. If not, or you have the port blocked with damper, you can just screw them to the power terminals or solder them on. Very easy, same as the Giro-Z connector, so if you have a Giro-Z connector your set already.

Scrapper
2009.06.06, 05:04 AM
cool i am so excited

bermbuster
2009.06.06, 10:16 PM
awesome first day of qualifying......
2 more rounds so a lot of things can happen......

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.06, 11:35 PM
Here is a write up from one of our racers and webmaster. The write up was as of end of Friday.

http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com/index.html

Cannabum420
2009.06.07, 01:36 AM
Today was a blast, i cant wait for tomorrow!

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.07, 10:46 PM
NYRC would like to congratulate all the winners of the Atomic Regional. I-lap did a fantastic job of running the show with their professional lap counting system and support. Many thanks also go to Alex Valdes, with his excellent announcing skills.

Generous prizes were given out by Atomic; Davey G; Team Scream and I-Lap.

NYRC will post results/photos, etc... later in the week.

Thanks to all who attended.

SaiTam
2009.06.07, 11:03 PM
A-Main Open Stock class video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NetzKan_Z1U&feature=channel_page

A-Main ATM Stock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_vzymBm2g

EMU
2009.06.07, 11:05 PM
I would also like to thank Alex Valdes for announcing. As well as Dave Graboski, who was not as animated, but very effective on letting racers know where they stand and what is going on around them.

I would also like to thank Atomic, HKS Hobbies, Team Scream Racing, and 3C for sponsoring the race, and prizes.

For anyone wondering, I gave away my Team Scream Racing AAA raffle prize. That pack made a trip to a B main podium :D

Sai, thanks for the video link. WOW!!! What a race. Dave and Mike, you guys ran so tight and fast. Especially through traffic. That has to be one of the best battles I have seen.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.07, 11:49 PM
Here is A-Main Open Stock class video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NetzKan_Z1U&feature=channel_page

Wow... can 1st and 2nd place get any closer? First 5 minutes looked like playtime to those guys!... and then the amazing accident avoidance to boot?... incredible!