PDA

View Full Version : PNWC 2009 South Carolina 843 Hobbies Regional May 23rd & 24th

hrdrvr
2009.03.23, 06:26 PM
MBMZR and 843 R/C Hobbies are teaming up again to bring another premier 1/28th scale event to the south east. This time we are doing it with the help of PN Racing in the form of a PNWC regional qualifying race!

The event will be held at 843 R/C Hobbies in Myrtle Beach, SC. This hobby shop has done a lot for MiniZ racing in the area, and has privoded us with one of the nicest racing facilities we could ask for. It will be a great place to host this event!

The cost for this event is $30 for the first class, and $20 for each additional class. This fee includes all hand out motors in the stock classes.

In true PN format we will be running three 8-minute qualifiers with 10-minute A-mains (and bump-ups!). I would like to open up to every class we can get participation for, but PN requires that we have eight entries minimum. If you guys want a certain class on the registration form, please post here, so we can get head counts for each class.

In hopes that we will be running many classes, with many entries, we have set this up as a 2-day event. The layout will be set up at 843 soon, and will be available for practice all hours of operation up until the event. The friday night before (May 22nd) they will stay open until ~9pm, to make practice available for folks coming into town early enough to take advantage. Saturday morning, we will open the doors at 9am for practice and sign in. I am requesting that every one register on-line (link to be posted soon) ahead of time, but final sign in will be 11am. Qualifiers will start at 12pm, and we will race out 2 rounds of qualfiers. This time frame, of course, will be dependant upon the number of entries, and the amount of classes we run. The track will remain open for practice after qulaifying as well, but that timing is dependant on finishing the rounds. Sunday morning, we will re-open at 8 am, and will begin the re-shuffled third round by 10am.

More information to come, so stay tuned!!

hrdrvr
2009.03.23, 06:27 PM
843 R/C Hobbies is located on Potters Lane in Myrtle Beach, SC. The adress isnt listed on most GPSs, but they will take you to the beginning of Potters lane, which is only about 200 ft long :D If you prefer to work off of GPS coordinates, here they are: (33.677582, -78.964566)

Heres a couple of pics from our most recent event, to give you guys an idea of the track facility.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01250.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01251.jpg

HOTEL INFORMATION:

Ive spoken with a lot of the local area hotels about this event, and getting discount rates. Since it is the holliday weekend, most all of the local businesses are expecting many customers, and dont want to give in to any type of discounting. I tried to go off of the beaten path and find you guys some good cheap rates in obscure locations. There is an amusement park that shut down, and there are a couple of hotels right around it. I thought that would be perfect!, except the park plans to re-open on May 22nd, lol.

It looks like you guys are going to have to shack up with each other to get anything "cheap" :D There are plenty of affordable options though, on and off of the beach.

This search shows a list of hotels that are in garden city beach. It is just south of myrtle, and just as close to 843 as any of the myrtle hotels.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=garden+city+SC+hotels&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=InHTSf-NCcaFtgfn053tBg&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

This would be a good place to start if you are going out on your own to search, as this will be a family friendly area, and traffic shouldnt be as bad coming from that direction. The further north you go, the more traffic you will encounter that weekend, as there is a motor cycle festival in north myrtle beach.

There are two places that are very close and very convininet to the track (less than 2 minutes without traffic). The first is a little better IMO, and its the Hilton Garden Inn.

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MYRAPGI

Its a brand new (less than a year) hotel, and even though its small it has all of the five star resort type amenities (pools, spa, resturaunt/bar, interent access, etc.), and is right next to the Coastal Grand Mall. Its location is ideal for this event, as its very close to the track, as well as being very close to a plethera of eateries of all price points, and the mall is right there for significant others.

Their rates are a little high (190-ish), but they will give a discount if we reach 10 rooms. The discount would get it down to $142, which is a little more resonable. You can find other stuff in the $140 range that is beach front. If you do end up booking at this hotel, please tell them you are with the PN World Cup RC race, so you (and the others that choose this place) can be eligable for the discount.

The absolute closest place is the Super 8 motel. They sure made it look nice for the interent :D Its not a very clean looking place from the outside (I wouldnt reccomend it for folks bringing their families down), but a few of the guys who came down for the Spring Fling stayed over there, and said it wasnt bad at all.

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=03849

Ill get some more up soon, but this should be a good start for you guys coming in from out of town. If you guys are using expedia, or hotels. com, you can plug in the address to see how close your options are to the shop. The street is:
Potters Lane
Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577

I will say it is a holliday weekend, and hotels will get more and more expensive the closer we get to the beach (unless the economy keeps most of them from booking up), so go ahead and get your rooms ASAP!

hrdrvr
2009.03.23, 06:30 PM
Here are the rules for the event.
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2009/pnwc2009-rules.htm

We couldnt wait forever for the lists to fill up, so we started the sign up with the classes that showed promise. Hereis the registration link:
http://pnracing.us/pnwc2009/SC090523/signup.htm

I will continue to update the drivers list through registratrion, and posts. As people who are allready on the list register, I will add an asterik to their name, so you can tell if you are properly registered. If you have filled out the form, and sent it in, but dont show up with an asterik, please PM me.

2wd Stock
Andy*
Bobby
Chad
Cody
Don
Ed C
Hank
Jay
Jeffrey
Landon*
Larry*
Matthew
Mike*
Pedro*
Shane

Formula-1
Ed C
Jay
Landon*
Marcus
Matt*
Matthew
Mike*
Pedro*

Pan Stock
Andy
Chad
Ed R*
Eric
Hank
Jeffrey
Jay
Landon*
Larry*
Matt*
Matthew
Mike*
Pedro*
Shane

Pan Mod
Eric
Grant*
Ed C
Ed R*
Hank
Jay
Landon*
Larry*
Matt*
Pedro*
Phillip

pinoyboy
2009.03.23, 06:48 PM
I would run
-2wd stock
-2wd mod
-f1 stock
-pan car stock
-pan car mod

imxlr8ed
2009.03.23, 06:58 PM
*deleted as to avoid confusion*

Would be cool I think... but I'm not sure what PN allows. I'm not picky, I'll run pretty much anything.

minittrackmann
2009.03.23, 07:30 PM
I would be in for 2wd stock and 70turn Pan Car...

Cody

hrdrvr
2009.03.23, 08:04 PM
Hank, thats a lot of classes, lol. I wont be running as many with you this time arund :D

Ed, I should have clarified. We have to choose from the 7 classes that PN offers in their rules.

Cody, Itll be good to get you down here. Do you think youll drag any of your other NY buddies down with you?

VAzRACER
2009.03.23, 08:18 PM
I'm in for 2wd stock, pan stock and f1 stock. Thanks.

pinoyboy
2009.03.23, 08:18 PM
lol, I just figured if someone was interested in those classes, I could at least help fill the class to reach the minimum. I don't mind being on the track too:D

mleemor60
2009.03.23, 08:25 PM
2WD Stock, Pan stock and F-1

minittrackmann
2009.03.23, 08:32 PM
Well now that I have the tour bus thingy, lol I might be able to drag a few people down.

Looking forward to coming down and racing with you guys!

Cody

Ed Roberts
2009.03.23, 08:32 PM
2WD Stock, Pan stock and F-1

minittrackmann
2009.03.23, 08:46 PM
Hmm, is the handout modified motor the same as last year for 2wd? I may run

2wd mod instead of Pan stock. LMK, Thanks

Cody

hrdrvr
2009.03.23, 10:19 PM
Cody, Here is the modified motor rule satright from PN.

"Modified Class can be use any model of the PN Racing motor, legal modify the brushes, magnet, cut the cam head, but you MUST be use PN Racing motor can, motor cover and armature. If any PN Race official suspects motor illegal tampering, the driver will be subject to disqualification."

pedrocamp
2009.03.24, 06:52 AM
2wd stock
2wd mod
F1 stock
Pan Car stock

chad508
2009.03.24, 09:06 AM
im in for
2wd stock
pan stock
what is the entry fee going to be. is it for each class are multiple classes.

hrdrvr
2009.03.24, 09:19 AM
Drivers list started! Thanks for the speedy replies guys!

I also put some track information up there! Hotel and other local information to follow shortly.

hrdrvr
2009.03.24, 09:40 AM
You snuck in on me Chad, lol. Im not 100% sure of the entry fee. Last year it was around $25-35 depending class (they all came with hand-out motors), but this year at RCX (the first regional) is different. He is charging $30 for the first class, and $20 for each additional. I dont know if an entry fee into RCX is included in that, or how much our event will be based off of that. I will have it posted up as soon as possible though!

Also, Ill add you to the drivers list ;)

PNracing
2009.03.24, 12:40 PM
Yes, correct all the regional race first class is $30, additional class $20, including hand out STOCK motor.

yasuji
2009.03.24, 03:55 PM
if there is a pan mod class i will be there:D

hrdrvr
2009.03.24, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the info PN :D I will get that information into the intro post.

Grant, It will be good to see you again :D I will add your name to the list, and we will see if can get enough names up there with you and Hank :D You could always drop a 70t in that car of yours ;)

yasuji
2009.03.24, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the info PN :D I will get that information into the intro post.

Grant, It will be good to see you again :D I will add your name to the list, and we will see if can get enough names up there with you and Hank :D You could always drop a 70t in that car of yours ;)

hehehe......to slow....i will not be racing in any 70t class....i leave that to every one else....;)

hrdrvr
2009.03.24, 07:54 PM
I know, I know, :D

Ive been working on my pan car for the 70t class. Maybe Ill drop a mod motor in it and see if I can hang onto it for a lap :D If you dont mind me asking, what motor are you going to run?

Daddy Rabbit
2009.03.25, 07:14 PM
Landon,

Are there going to be any AWD Classes?

hrdrvr
2009.03.25, 08:24 PM
^ If we get 8 entries we will.

Im still debating on wether to just race two classes (2WS & F1) and really focus on them, or go all out like I normally do, and pile the classes on, lol. Ive allready got the AWDs set up and ready. Ill just need to get a faster PN motor for the mod car. I dont know about shelling all that dough out to race a bunch of classes, but I also dont know how Ill function with all that pit time. At Nekocon, The Turkey Bash, and The Spring Fling, I ran every class available, with the exception of LM at the turkey race, and I still ran four that day, lol. Those are where Ive got the best finishes. Im kind of scared of what I might do to my cars if I have time to work on them between heats, lol.

In the end, if you want to run AWD, and we get 6 others, Im in :D Id like to redeem my last years AWS performance anyway....

EDIT: BTW, Grant, I ran my pan again tonight. Its going to take some work to even handle a 70t, so I dont think Ill make it into mod with that car. Theres still a chance 6 others will join Hank, so you can come out and run with us. Ill keep the list updated, so you can make plans if it looks like we'll have a class for you.

On that note, I encourage every one to follow suit with the rest of the guys here, and post up your desired classes so they can be added to the list.

pinoyboy
2009.03.25, 08:45 PM
I'm still debating if I'll run that many classes too. If anything, I may drop 2wd mod and pan mod. I may even drop F1 too, but like you Landon, I may have too much time sitting in the pits:p I guess I could be a turn marshal the other time

MantisMMA
2009.03.25, 09:43 PM
might be able to make the trek from houston, but i gotta run AWD!!

lfisminiz
2009.03.25, 10:09 PM
Landon, things are looking good to make the trip for the race. Im in for........

2WD 70T
AWD 70T
PAN 70T

Im sure we can get enough AWDs...we gotta...;):D

LARRY

hrdrvr
2009.03.26, 08:55 AM
Thats a good idea Hank. I think Id be okay running just two classes if I was a permanent marshall the rest of the time, lol.

Mantis - It would be cool if you could come out! Id like to see that 96mm goodness in person ;) Are you a mod only guy, or would you come out and run 70t AWD if there was a class for it?

Larry, Ill get you added on. Most of the local folks arent on the furom, but Ill talk up the AWS class and see if I can any one else to jump on. We use to be an AWD dominated group, but the new influx of racers has gone MR02, so we are the minority once again :D There are still a few of us floating around looking for oppertunities to run them :D

MantisMMA
2009.03.26, 11:21 AM
i would prefer mod in AWD, thats what the car is setup for. if it ends up only being stock i will build up another car. what about allowing awd with 2wh for stock?

hrdrvr
2009.03.26, 11:42 AM
I would be happy to combine AWDs and 2wds in stock and mod, but this is PNs show, and I will follow all of their rules, which speerate the two platforms in both classes. If you are serious about trying to come out if there is a class for you, Ill add your name to the tenative list, and put my name up there with it :D

Daddy Rabbit
2009.03.26, 12:55 PM
Landon,

I will run in:

AWD 70T
2WD 70T
PAN 70T

Thank You

Daddy Rabbit
2009.03.26, 01:00 PM
OK Earl, Mike, Dale and Jay, you guys made me look bad at the fling so get signed up for this one, give me some chance at redemption :D
Hope all you guys will make it down:)

yasuji
2009.03.26, 01:01 PM
I know, I know, :D

Ive been working on my pan car for the 70t class. Maybe Ill drop a mod motor in it and see if I can hang onto it for a lap :D If you dont mind me asking, what motor are you going to run?

pnwc 33 t mod......this is a pancar mod class.....not a little faster than stk class.....;)
the challange is getting a real mod car to handle right an also try to have the skill to drive it......lol.....i still cant get it......lol:confused:

hrdrvr
2009.03.26, 01:12 PM
^ Youve got it G.....youve got it :D Haha, you are calling me out on the "little faster than stock" and I didnt even tell you my plan was to run a speedy 05, lol.

Daddy Rabbit - Ill get you added to the list!

mleemor60
2009.03.26, 01:15 PM
OK Earl, Mike, Dale and Jay, you guys made me look bad at the fling so get signed up for this one, give me some chance at redemption :D
Hope all you guys will make it down:)

I'm already in. F-1 instead of AWD.

MantisMMA
2009.03.26, 01:52 PM
I would be happy to combine AWDs and 2wds in stock and mod, but this is PNs show, and I will follow all of their rules, which speerate the two platforms in both classes. If you are serious about trying to come out if there is a class for you, Ill add your name to the tenative list, and put my name up there with it :D

go ahead and put me in the tentative list for AWD mod, f1 and 2w stock. i may bring someone else that will also run in AWD mod and 2w stock

hrdrvr
2009.03.26, 04:14 PM
That would be awesome Marcus! I hope you can make it. It would be a pleasure to run with some one who hangs with CT and the gang ;) If your friend seems secure enough to add to the list, Ill add him as well. Just let me knw if I should.

pinoyboy
2009.03.26, 07:27 PM
Alright, definitely put me down for only 2wd stock and Pan stock;)

MantisMMA
2009.03.28, 09:48 AM
ok im 95% positive we will b there! so here are the classes:
Marcus 2w mod, awd mod and f1
Don 2w stock and AWD mod

could you PM me all info so i can start booking hotel and flights

hrdrvr
2009.03.28, 10:06 AM
Thanks Hank and Marcus. Ill get the drivers list updated.

Marcus, I will get some hotel information up for every one.

kromie101
2009.03.29, 07:49 PM
i'm up for some mod and stock pan:cool:.maybe F-1

kromie101
2009.03.29, 09:05 PM
does anybody have an F-1 they wanna sell?

pinoyboy
2009.03.29, 09:27 PM
does anybody have an F-1 they wanna sell?

hmm, i might sell mine. You can contact me if you're interested

VAzRACER
2009.03.29, 11:00 PM
Hey Landon,

Can you take me out of 2w stock and put me in pan mod.

Thanks

hrdrvr
2009.03.30, 08:17 AM
Drivers list updated!

Hank, Id hate to see you sell off your F1. I always have fun running that class with you (its the only one Ive been able to stay in front of you, lol), but if youve got to sell it, atleast sell it to one of my boys! :D

Eric, I got you on the list :D There is hope for a mod pan yet! :D

Matt, Done, you can change it up as many times as you want :D

MantisMMA
2009.03.30, 09:06 AM
take me out of 2w stock and add to 2w mod please! i hope some mod peeps show up!

pinoyboy
2009.03.30, 11:26 AM
Drivers list updated!

Hank, Id hate to see you sell off your F1. I always have fun running that class with you (its the only one Ive been able to stay in front of you, lol), but if youve got to sell it, atleast sell it to one of my boys! :D

Eric, I got you on the list :D There is hope for a mod pan yet! :D

Matt, Done, you can change it up as many times as you want :D

hahaha, I like running the F1s too, but I'm still kind of frustrated with it:p I gotta go back and keep it simple.

As for classes, I'm still watching the drivers list. It would be nice to be able to have one mod class going, it looks like pan mod could happen:D

kromie101
2009.03.30, 06:13 PM
hank you have a PM.

hrdrvr
2009.04.01, 02:57 PM
Hotel information added to the second post. If youys come up with anything that you want to run by me (for location info or otherwise) feel free to shoot me PMs or post here.

http://minizracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=340692&postcount=2

SlimEvans13
2009.04.01, 07:27 PM
I think i am going to get an F-1 if i can get all the hop-ups, for front end protection!! If not that i will be getting an AWD Stock; probably will be F-1.

I plan on running my LeMans in the 2wd stock class (I know i will have to make some minor adjustments per the rules) and i am going to run pan stock also!!!!!!!! :)

I am going to get with you on entry fees before that weekend for the 3 classes i am running! Now after saying that, there might be a problem, my wife is expecting our 2nd daughter on May 22nd!!!!! I am hopeful she will have her the week before the race though. If for some reason, the new addition is that weekend, i am going to atleast show up and support our local guys when i get the chance too!!!!!!!

Thanks, Matthew Evans See you at 843!!!!!!!!

mleemor60
2009.04.01, 07:49 PM
I think i am going to get an F-1 if i can get all the hop-ups, for front end protection!! If not that i will be getting an AWD Stock; probably will be F-1.

I plan on running my LeMans in the 2wd stock class (I know i will have to make some minor adjustments per the rules) and i am going to run pan stock also!!!!!!!! :)

I am going to get with you on entry fees before that weekend for the 3 classes i am running! Now after saying that, there might be a problem, my wife is expecting our 2nd daughter on May 22nd!!!!! I am hopeful she will have her the week before the race though. If for some reason, the new addition is that weekend, i am going to atleast show up and support our local guys when i get the chance too!!!!!!!

Thanks, Matthew Evans See you at 843!!!!!!!!

Now thats a racer!!

hilldebrandt
2009.04.01, 08:20 PM
The absolute closest place is the Super 8 motel. They sure made it look nice for the interent :D Its not a very clean looking place from the outside (I wouldnt reccomend it for folks bringing their families down), but a few of the guys who came down for the Spring Fling stayed over there, and said it wasnt bad at all.

Ed, Jeremy, and I stayed there, and it wasn't bad at all.
However, I just finished looking it up, and that Super 8 is now completely booked for that weekend.....so scratch that one off the list...LOL

MantisMMA
2009.04.02, 02:56 PM
WOW, this is gettin to be a costly trip!! i cant find a flight for less than 380.00 yet! cali was only 240.00

mleemor60
2009.04.02, 03:23 PM
WOW, this is gettin to be a costly trip!! i cant find a flight for less than 380.00 yet! cali was only 240.00

Check flights into Charleston SC. It is less than a hundred miles and the rental car might still get you under $380

hrdrvr
2009.04.03, 11:13 PM
Slim! WELCOME TO MZR!! :D

Matthew, Ill get you adddded to the list. Ive been running my F1 for a while with the ATM 1* tie rod, and Kyosho 1* camber knuckles (blue ones), both in alloy. I got the reccomendation from reading here on the forum, and my set up is great with those. I run Kyosho tires (20d rear, 30d front) and bearings, but everything else is stock.

Marcus :eek: Thats a lot for a plane ticket! CT was telling me it was more expensive to fly east, but holy shamoley, thats a lot of dough!

yasuji
2009.04.04, 08:31 PM
I would like to gather up every ones preferences for classes and group them here, so we can see right where we stand as far as what classes will gain participation. The classes and their rules are posted at the PN site, linked below.

I will run every class we get enough support for, and PN requires 8 drivers minimum.

2wd Stock
Andy
Chad
Cody
Don
Ed R
Hank
Landon
Larry
Mike
Pedro

2wd Mod
Marcus
Pedro

AWD Stock
Andy
Larry

AWD Mod
Don
Marcus

Pan Stock
Andy
Chad
Ed R
Eric
Hank
Landon
Larry
Matt
Mike
Pedro

Pan Mod
Eric
Grant
Matt

Formula-1
Ed R
Landon
Marcus
Matt
Mike
Pedro

you guys r killing me......get off the pot guys.......PANCAR MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

pinoyboy
2009.04.04, 09:18 PM
you guys r killing me......get off the pot guys.......PANCAR MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

I'd be willing to run pan mod, so I guess that helps sort of:o

hrdrvr
2009.04.04, 09:38 PM

Drivers list updated. 3 to go ;)

VAzRACER
2009.04.04, 10:00 PM

YEA, YEA, YEA, PAN MOD, PAN MOD:D. To me this is tne pinnacle of the PNWC, it be wrong to have this event and not run this class.:p

lfisminiz
2009.04.04, 10:02 PM
Thought for sure we would have more AWD (especially stock);) guys running too.:eek: Of course theres plenty of time. LANDON, how about you.:)

pedrocamp
2009.04.05, 05:43 AM
I will switch from 2wd Mod to Pan Car Mod.

hrdrvr
2009.04.05, 10:18 AM
Larry, Last winter our group was very AWD dominated. We were all chagovers form carpet, and we all adapted the AWDs quicker to RCP. I guess cause thats what we were used to tuning. It took a long time for the MR02s to catch up. Over last summer we lost most of our regulars to outdoor activites (happens every year), but this year they didnt come back. We were lucky to get an influx of new racers, but they were all buying 2.4s, which at the time were only sold in MR02 LM form. We have switched to an MR02 dominated group big time, and only a few active people even own AWDs.

If either of he AWD classes (stock or mod) end up borderline, I will be the kicker and join up to let every one run what they want. Ive got one of each set up pretty well, so it wouldnt take me long to get them competetive. I just need a faster PN motor (if Im to run mod), as I currently run ATM motors in my mod car. I wouldnt need anything for stock though ;)

Im really trying hard to only run 3 classes, but I guess my arm could be twisted rather easily. :D

Pedro, Noted and thanks.

Grant, Matt, Only 2 to go :D

lfisminiz
2009.04.05, 08:22 PM
Landon, i know what you mean. My AWDs ran very good last year, so i decided to work on my 02s the last 6 months or so. My AWDs were sitting most that time. NOW im slowly working on them and got the itch to run it again.;):)

MantisMMA
2009.04.06, 09:04 AM
Check flights into Charleston SC. It is less than a hundred miles and the rental car might still get you under $380

i will check that out, hopefully i can come across something cheaper because im not gonna b able to spend 600.00 on a weekend trip! my budget is about 500.00 MAX, cali was 400.00.

CristianTabush
2009.04.06, 09:35 AM

Haven't you guys realized that Pan Car is only popular in SoCal??? ;) Maybe you need to focus more on AutoScales? You did not do half bad at the KO GP. As in other scales, Pan Car will never be as popular as touring due to the scale appeal of the AutoScales. Yes Pan Cars are quicker, but AutoScales are cooler looking to most :P In Europe, Asia, Latin America and the US Touring car is king and always will be.

mleemor60
2009.04.06, 09:49 AM
i will check that out, hopefully i can come across something cheaper because im not gonna b able to spend 600.00 on a weekend trip! my budget is about 500.00 MAX, cali was 400.00.

It could be cheaper still to fly into Charlotte and drive the 4 hours to the beach or maybe Columbia SC and drive 3. There are options if you dig around.

cosmicsoul
2009.04.06, 10:56 AM
Hey Landon,

I am going to run: 2wd stock
Pan car stock
Pan car mod
F-1

Thanks,
Jay

hrdrvr
2009.04.06, 01:29 PM
Jay, Ive got you added! If Earl wants to let you know what he plans to run (I hope you are bringing him down too ;)), Ill add him too. :D

Marcus, I wish there was something we could do to make it cheaper on you. In another thread one of the guys mentioned staying at one of the beach front condos where 10-12 people could stay together. If you guys partnered up with another group on something like that, it could save a few people a lot of money. It wouldnt cheapen your flight though, and I cant think of anything that will, outside of what mleemor has reccomended. I know for a fact there are some cheap flights into Charleston and Charlotte. There used to be a guy who worked with us, and he (or his parents) flew pretty regularly. He was always telling me how cheap the rates were, and I could never belive it (He flew somewhere for like $14 once).

I just checked with one of my other co-workers, and it was Spirit Airlines that he used for those ridiculous rates. Good luck!!

MantisMMA
2009.04.06, 01:39 PM
its not looking good right now, the cheapest i can find for a turnkey deal (car, room and flight ) is 575 and thats flyin into charleston or myrtle beach(with 1 stop). if cant find a better deal im gonna have to backout. CRAP!!!

MantisMMA
2009.04.06, 01:43 PM
spirit does not fly out of houston or anywhere in texas. maybe something will pop up.

hrdrvr
2009.04.06, 01:47 PM
I wanted to run something by you guys. Mike (mleemor) had an excellent idea to get every one together, and I think Ive worked out the logistics of how it can happen :D

My dad (Daddy Rabbit) and I are considering having a cook-out saturday night so every one can get together. It would be along the same lines as a dinner or banquet, but it would be a lot more personal, and less expensive. My dad has offered to have it at our place of business, which would allow us to show off our track (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2009-04-06010.jpg) as well.

We would like to do this if interest will be there to support it. What we are thinking is hot dogs, hamburgers, potato chips and sodas. I will offer up chicken (or rabbit ;)) on special request as I know every one doesnt eat red meat. Basically Id like to make it an "easy to grill" menu, so no one ends up slaving over the food (likely myself or Daddy Rabbit) and left out of the festivities. For those that stick with hot dogs and hamburgers, target cost would be <$5. Chicken would increase the price dramtically, as I can make a lot of hanburgers for the cost of a chicken breast :D Also, head count will have an effect. Lastly, keep in mind that buying in bulk (for more people :D) would make it easier for me to hit my target. Of course those folks bringing family down would be more than welcome to bring them too!

What Id like to know is:
Would you attend this saturday after the racing is done?
Would the foods mentioned be sufficient? what else would you prefer?

Just so every one knows, our office is about 2 minutes from where the event will be held, and its right off of 17, so it wont be a hassle. My pit space and track will be available for any one doing some last minute testing/tuning, or for any one who wants to try out the elevation changes :D Ive got a Giro-Z system as well, so we could even hit off some quicky races :D

All you drifters would really like to slide this course as well :D Its pretty cool coming down a hill door panel first :D

chad508
2009.04.06, 04:57 PM
you know ill be there. if theres anything i can help with just let me know.

mleemor60
2009.04.06, 04:58 PM
Me too. Wouldn't miss it.

pedrocamp
2009.04.06, 05:19 PM
Does Kyosho make a Weiner Mobile body? I'll be there...

hrdrvr
2009.04.06, 08:38 PM
Chad, Thanks for the offer. Ill let you know, but I should have all the bases covered ;)

Mike, Cool! And thanks for the idea. :p

Pedro, Sounds like a fab job waiting to happen :D If PN opens up a mini class this would be awesome---> (Click me!) (http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/picture-2.png)

pedrocamp
2009.04.06, 09:42 PM
Man in blue has weiner envy...

kromie101
2009.04.06, 10:04 PM
mod pan is da bomb:cool:,it's so dialed;). i think collin's car might get changed to a stock pan car for me to race also:D.

hrdrvr
2009.04.07, 08:17 AM
^ Whats Collin gonna race? :D Im going to be working on mine all week, so hopefully Ill have somthing for you :D

843 R/C HOBBIES
2009.04.07, 01:06 PM
thanks guys looking for great turn out :)

kromie101
2009.04.07, 04:38 PM
collin might just be watching:p:).

chad508
2009.04.07, 06:07 PM
thats one less person i have to worry about. if landon can keep daddy rabbit from racing i might do alright.

kromie101
2009.04.07, 09:14 PM
you know i can't let him sit on the sidelines;). i gotta keep the boys skillz up to par:).i gotta let him run something,just not the same class i'm in:eek:.

hrdrvr
2009.04.09, 09:28 PM
I knew you wouldnt leave Collin hanging :D

Drivers list updated again!

PNracing
2009.04.13, 05:38 PM
Landon, which airport is near the track, we need booking tickets, and hotel too.

hrdrvr
2009.04.13, 07:32 PM
Phillip, Im glad you are going to be able to make it down. I sent you an email from a new address. When you get a chance to reply, Ive got some questions in there. I know youve been busy travelling abroad, so its no big rush.

The Myrtle Beach Airport (http://www.myrtlebeachairport.com/) is about 5-10 minutes from the track.

The Hilton Garden Inn (http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MYRAPGI) and The Super 8 Motel (http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=03849) are the two closest hotels. Ive got descriptions of these, as well as a few links to other places close (but not more convinient to the airport) in the second post.

If we get 10 bookings at the Hilton, there will be a discount of almost $50. I hope every one is keeping that iin mind! :D

yasuji
2009.04.14, 04:19 PM
holymoly....flying in to myr is supa high.....how far is rdu ?

mleemor60
2009.04.14, 04:40 PM
A couple of hours but a fairly easy trip.

Ed Roberts
2009.04.16, 09:26 AM
I need to drop out of F-1 (lost to much in Vegas, LOL) but still 100% in for 2wd and Pan Stock.

843 R/C HOBBIES
2009.04.17, 10:25 AM
check the rates going in to charlotte nc or greensboro nc airport the drive to the beach is about 3 1/2 hours lot cheaper than flying in to myrtle beach

843 R/C HOBBIES
2009.04.17, 10:30 AM
find your hotel now that weekend is also bike week dont wait to last min. to find rooms they book fast

2EZ
2009.04.17, 11:36 AM
Try Wilmington NC 60 miles north of the Beach and often cheaper to fly in to.

hrdrvr
2009.04.19, 08:18 PM
Phillip is ready to set up the registration form, but we want to set it up with the classes we will actually have. Right now its looking like 2WS, PanS, PanM, and F1S are close enough to get on the list. The rest of the classes are going to be left off, unless people speak up for the ones not mentioned. Formula-1 is in danger of getting eliminated as well. If you plan to run it, or any of the other classes, I strongly urge you to speak up!

With that in mind, if you are lurking on the thread, but havent posted, please post even if you are planning on running the classes that have participation. It would be nice to have more of an idea of how many are actually coming. If you know folks that dont frequent the forums, but you know are planning to come, please ask them to sign in, and add their names to the list. I know there are local folks who arent members of the forum, so Im sure there are people form the other groups. If any of y'all can get their names and desired classes it would be of help as well. I will try and do the same for my local guys.

Weve got nearly 20 on the list, but I would hope we will have nearly double that. We had around 35 at the Spring Fling, and I thought more folks were going to come out for this excellent PN event! For the guys thinking about coming, remember this event will get you world ranked, so you can see how you stand up against your piers from all over the world!

BTW, Phillip just posted this over on the Swedish event thread. Its the first half of the Pan mod A-Main :D Every one running Pan mod will have the honor of chasing the top two finishers of this race!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NObnLx7s9m4

lfisminiz
2009.04.19, 09:48 PM
Good idea, Landon. You need to get EVERYBODY;)to commit to there classes. I had 2WD STOCK, AWD STOCK, PAN STOCK. If no AWD, then ill switch that one.:( ANYBODY!!! for AWD????????;):D:)

imxlr8ed
2009.04.20, 03:03 AM
Put me down for 2WDS, F1S and PCM... I look forward to running with you all again!

And to all who haven't signed up yet, you'll be missing out on one of the best events out there in RC Racing anywhere! Phil's been running all over the world running these events and I don't think anyone runs one better.

Do yourselves a favor and BE THERE!

hrdrvr
2009.04.20, 08:11 AM
Its not just an idea at this point Larry, its a neccesity. If people dont step up, the other classes are definitely going to get dropped :(

Ed, Ill put you down. This is shaping up to be a good looking mod pan class :D Ill look forward to chasing your F1 around again. Maybe I can hang a little better with your power plant limited, lol.

chad508
2009.04.20, 09:16 AM
can we change classes the day of race. i put in for 2ws and pan stock but may go into pan mod if all works out

hrdrvr
2009.04.20, 09:20 AM
can we change classes the day of race. i put in for 2ws and pan stock but may go into pan mod if all works out

I dont see why you couldnt wait til the last minute to decide. The cost is the same across the board. Im sure you would have to make the call at final registration, which will be around 10 am saturday. This way, you can get added into the CPU in the class you are actually going to run.

You could always sign up for both, and drop the one thats not working out :D

mleemor60
2009.04.20, 09:50 AM
I dont see why you couldnt wait til the last minute to decide. The cost is the same across the board. Im sure you would have to make the call at final registration, which will be around 10 am saturday. This way, you can get added into the CPU in the class you are actually going to run.

You could always sign up for both, and drop the one thats not working out :D

Isn't there a minor reduction in entry fee for pre-entering as opposed to sign up at the door?

imxlr8ed
2009.04.20, 11:13 AM
Its not just an idea at this point Larry, its a neccesity. If people dont step up, the other classes are definitely going to get dropped :(

Ed, Ill put you down. This is shaping up to be a good looking mod pan class :D Ill look forward to chasing your F1 around again. Maybe I can hang a little better with your power plant limited, lol.

I'm sure it'll be a much closer battle! :D

yasuji
2009.04.20, 11:17 AM
ok i got my tickets....now i gotta book the room....:D

hrdrvr
2009.04.21, 12:33 PM
Isn't there a minor reduction in entry fee for pre-entering as opposed to sign up at the door?

There was a pretty good price redux last year for pre-registering, but I havent seen anything about it this year. Im guessing ite the $30/$20 deal, no matter when you register this year.

I'm sure it'll be a much closer battle! :D

I hope so. I am really looking forwad to it! By the looks of the drivers list, its going to be a great field of F1s.

ok i got my tickets....now i gotta book the room....:D

If you stay at the Hilton Garnded Inn, make sure you let them know what you are coming for! I cant wait to run with you again Grant. My mod pan is getting close!

kromie101
2009.04.21, 10:13 PM
your mod is getting close:eek:.mine is dialed:p. you better get it closer real soon:D. i guess i'll see ya tomorrow.

hrdrvr
2009.04.22, 07:45 AM
^ Ive been working on stock all week, so I can try and keep up with you guys tonight :eek: Ill have the mod dialed by the time I have to though :D As dialed as I can get it anyway. Ive got one more pan car trick up my sleeve that I may pull out tonight. It may be next week 'til I have it ready ;)

yasuji
2009.04.22, 11:33 AM
^ Ive been working on stock all week, so I can try and keep up with you guys tonight :eek: Ill have the mod dialed by the time I have to though :D As dialed as I can get it anyway. Ive got one more pan car trick up my sleeve that I may pull out tonight. It may be next week 'til I have it ready ;)

man......my pancar isnt dialed........im worried....lol;)
hey landon....what front and rear tire combo @ 843?
and due to your elevation did your track grip change?
jus wanna be prepared for this one......;)

hrdrvr
2009.04.22, 01:57 PM
If you stay worried, youll be constantly working, and we wont have a chance, lol. Id rather you come in over confident, so get that think working...in your mind atleast, lol. :D

The grip levels over at 843 are very similar to how our track was when you were here....maybe a tad higher after a bunch of laps get turned for practice and what not.

Ours is probably right in line, as our grip got better, then we lost some when we elevated it, and added a bunch of new pieces. Its coming back around now as the new pieces are catching up to the old, and the wether is plaining out to be more consistant, so temp in the room doesnt fluctuate so much.

BTW, Im running Kyosho 20 radial rears, and 40 radial fronts for mod and stock over at 843. Mod stays the same over at our track, as I can rotate the car with throttle around the tight turns, but in 2WD stock (I guess you arent worried about this ;)) I move down to 30d fronts. My stock Pan is aggressive enough to get aoround my track with the 40s, so I stick with them here with that car.

hrdrvr
2009.04.23, 04:05 PM
Registration is ready to go. I decided to go with the four classes that have the most support right now, so that we dont have to worry about refunding any money if some one pays for a class that doesnt run.

As every one registers through Phillip, I will denote it on the drivers list. If for some reason you register, and I dont have it up within a few days (no, it wont be immediate or automatic :D) please drop me a PM and I will clear the matter.

http://pnracing.us/pnwc2009/SC090523/signup.htm

pinoyboy
2009.04.23, 07:19 PM
hmm, i'm not sure if i'll be going any more. I've built some cars up, but not sure if I'm in the racing mood:p

I guess I have a couple weeks more to think about it though:D

hrdrvr
2009.04.23, 07:33 PM
You gotta be kiddin' me :confused: :rolleyes:

Its a great chance to run with a couple fo the best in the sport :D I surely wouldnt miss it :cool:

lfisminiz
2009.04.23, 07:50 PM
Landon, just registered and payed.;)

2WD STOCK
PAN STOCK
PAN MOD:)

yasuji
2009.04.23, 08:07 PM
Landon, just registered and payed.;)

2WD STOCK
PAN STOCK
PAN MOD:)

i registered earlier today......haven payed yet....lol
PANCAR MOD!!!!!!!!!!

lfisminiz
2009.04.23, 09:45 PM
Grant, i guess we will run pan mod again, just like in PA.;) Was hoping to run AWD BUT its a no go. Now im running both pan classes.:eek::D It will be good to see you and Philip again.:)

VAzRACER
2009.04.24, 01:08 PM
Landon,

What time does 843 open for the Friday practice? I am planning on coming down Thurday night so I can have a full day there Friday to get my cars ready so I can have a figthing chance aginst you and the other locals.:p

Thanks

Ed Roberts
2009.04.24, 03:35 PM
843 will be open by noon on Friday and will close around 9pm.

hrdrvr
2009.04.24, 04:30 PM
Larry Grant, Ive got y'all updated! I csnt wait to run mod pan with oyu guys! I hope I can make the 'A' that way that class is shaping up ;)

Matt, Eds got you covered on hours. Keep in mind, the earlier you get there, the better chance at an open track youll have. Ive got a feeling there will be some locals there pretty early in the day, and as the afternoon rolls around and people start making it into town, and off work, the track will get full pretty quick.

TheRinger
2009.05.10, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know the hotel situation? Are they all booked?

imxlr8ed
2009.05.10, 11:53 AM
I went online and got booked at the Super 8 right down the road from there about 3 weeks ago... might be room there yet. It's about a 1/4 mile north of the track.

hrdrvr
2009.05.10, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know the hotel situation? Are they all booked?

Im sure there are rooms left to be had close by. If you cant find any within the links Ive posted at the beginning of the thread, let me know, and Ill find you one.

It would be cool to run with you. Ive always followed you guys threads (grew up in VA :D) and have had the pleasure of meeting Arch, TALLGEESE, VAzRACER. Ive had soe good times with those guys, and have had some great races. I know you run with them on a regular basis, so I think Id enjoy running with you to. :D

TheRinger
2009.05.10, 02:05 PM
Im sure there are rooms left to be had close by. If you cant find any within the links Ive posted at the beginning of the thread, let me know, and Ill find you one.

It would be cool to run with you. Ive always followed you guys threads (grew up in VA :D) and have had the pleasure of meeting Arch, TALLGEESE, VAzRACER. Ive had soe good times with those guys, and have had some great races. I know you run with them on a regular basis, so I think Id enjoy running with you to. :D

Yeah I thought I read somewhere in this thread that all the hotels were booked but I guess I was wrong:o. Obviously I'm not good at looking things up on the internets:). I'll check that link and see what I can find. I think I've raced with U before? Were U at the last ALS charity race and the large HFAY track race at Ed's house?

PNracing
2009.05.10, 03:38 PM
Try this Super 8

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/check_avail?advancedSearch=false&entry_source=&brandCode=SE%2CMQ%2CDI%2CHJ%2CKG%2CRA%2CTL%2CBH%2C MT&checkInDate=05%2F22&checkOutDate=05%2F25&numberRooms=1&numberAdults=1&numberBigChildren=0&numberChildren=0&useWRPoints=false&rate=000&__rate=SRB&promotionCode=&corporateCode=&iataNumber=&id=03849&tab=tab2&resetCheckAvailMod=true

hrdrvr
2009.05.11, 09:17 AM
Yeah I thought I read somewhere in this thread that all the hotels were booked but I guess I was wrong:o. Obviously I'm not good at looking things up on the internets:). I'll check that link and see what I can find. I think I've raced with U before? Were U at the last ALS charity race and the large HFAY track race at Ed's house?

Ill hlep you out then :D Phillip posted the closest one above, but Ill put it here too. Its the Super8 motel which is practically one block away from the event.

The next closest place is the Hilton Garden Inn, which is only about a mile away, with convinient access to the track and food.

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MYRAPGI

If neither of those have space available let me know, and Ill dig further :D

I didnt make it up to the charity race last year. I had a hernia right before the PA PNWC last year, and my operation was the week before the charity race. Im hoping to get up there this year though! That reminds me, I hope they post some informaiton on it soon :D Im trying to line up what races Ill be able to make it to this year.

VAzRACER
2009.05.17, 03:25 PM
I signed up and sent my money, I cant wait for next weekend. :D

lfisminiz
2009.05.17, 07:47 PM
MATT, it will be good to see you again.........:)

hrdrvr
2009.05.17, 09:07 PM
Im really getting excited about next weekend! I hope I can get my mod pan up to par. Its still looking a little grim :(

Itll be fun to see every one again, no matter how I run. :D Speaking of which, Id like every one to post here if they plan on coming out to a little cook-out on saturday night. Itll be held after qualifying is over, and will be at our club track which is at my dads companies office. Its only a few minutes from 843, and the near by hotels. We will be selling hot bogs and hamburgers for a small price (just enough to recoup the costs), and we will have soda and chips as well. It should be a nice way to get to know some folks in a little more relaxed atmoshpere than the track. There will be RCP, power, and pit space availabe for last minute tuning, and some fun running.

Again, post up if you are planning to attend. We would like to ensure we get enough food for every one :D Family, friends, significant others, kids, and who ever else you may know in town is invited as well. Oh yeah, weve got a ping pong table too, if any one needs to break it out :D See you there!

VAzRACER
2009.05.17, 11:14 PM
MATT, it will be good to see you again.........:)

Yea man, it should be a good weekend, it looks like I might make the race in NJ. :D

pedrocamp
2009.05.18, 05:44 AM
Landon, I have signed up and paid for 2wd Stk, F1 Stk and Pan Mod.

Had to pull out of Pan Stk, just haven't got the car comfortable yet.

I am hoping my son will be able to run 2wd Stk. I will know tonight, hope it won't be to late to sign him up. Have to make sure no baseball games on the weekend.

Put me down for at least 1 for the shindig.

Ed Roberts
2009.05.18, 09:43 AM
All signed up and ready for Stock Pan & Mod Pan.

Landon, I'll be there Sat. night and ready for some ping pong.

hrdrvr
2009.05.18, 09:59 AM
Ive got the drivers list updated! We are going to be down a few faces from the Spring Fling, but there are some new ones popping up too. This is likely going to have the same level of close competition that we had at the Fling. With some of the names up there, its looking like the bar may even be raised a little bit! Im getting very excited, and really looking forward to getting out on the track with you guys again!!!

Matt, are you dragging any more VA/DC folks down with you? I havent seen anything from TheRinger since asking about hotels. I know hes one of the big dogs in y'alls group. Id sure like to meet/race him :D I havent heard from J in a while either, I guess I should drop him a PM and see if he is planning on coming down.

Pedro, your son can sign up at the track, no problem. Im sure Phillip would prefer that every one pre-registered and paid ahead of time, but there is no problem with waiting for the last minute. Of course early sign-ups make it easier to plan, but its not looking like we are going to have a true idea of the crowd until the day of the event anyway, lol. I was just telling Mike in an email, that I hope I can get some time to chat with you guys a little more this go 'round. I was so busy at the last race, I didnt get to say much more than "hello". :D

Ed, Ill go ahead and set the table up thursday night, so I dont have to worry about it, and itll be ready for saturday. Go ahead and bring your paddle though....I dont want no lame excuses this time, lol......Talk to you soon. Maybe Ill see you at the track tommorrow.....and wednesday......and thursday, and friday, lol.

Ed Roberts
2009.05.18, 11:23 AM
Landon, I have the paddle in my truck already, LOL. Now I just don't know what to do, pract. racing or ping pong, LOL.

pedrocamp
2009.05.18, 11:42 AM
Great on the last minute signups, I will throw my 70T pan down and if it's not too bad there maybe I will give it a shot. My son will be happy if he is able to run.
Looking forward to the Saturday night get together... maybe I will hit the ping pong table too, I wasn't too bad when I was a ute, no Randy Daytona but...

hrdrvr
2009.05.18, 06:10 PM
I updated the drivers list again with all the latest entries. Today is the last day to get in your early registration, so I hope every one jumps on that ;) I decided to go ahead and run the gammut....Im in for all four classes. :D

VAzRACER
2009.05.18, 06:17 PM
Landon,

As of right now nobody else is coming down with me.:( I think The Ringer had some plans change and Jeremy spent all his money on a dnano.:p Maybe next time.

chad508
2009.05.18, 08:29 PM
just sent my money for 2 wheel stock and pan stock. plus count me in saturday night. can we bring beer? as bad as im going to drive i may need something to calm my nerves.

yasuji
2009.05.18, 10:11 PM
sorry guys......:o...looks like im not gonna be able to make this one.....
socal mini z is in crisis rt now....i am in the process of trying to bring it back
there for i am in need to give more attention to ,what has become, my baby...
i am sure i will see most of you in NY @ maj's....till then:)

lfisminiz
2009.05.18, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear that Grant. I will see you in N. J. at Maj.

LARRY

hrdrvr
2009.05.19, 08:13 AM
Well, Im sorry to hear that Grant. I always thought y'all had the mecca over there. Maybe the MiniZ weight is swinging the way of the east coast, lol. I was really looking forward to getting some track time with you. I should be up at the NJ regional, but I doubt Ill tackle mod pan up there......

Matt, I wish they were coming with ya! We will have a good crowd anyway, and Im sure you and I will trade some positions, as we always do :D

hrdrvr
2009.05.19, 09:09 PM
just sent my money for 2 wheel stock and pan stock. plus count me in saturday night. can we bring beer? as bad as im going to drive i may need something to calm my nerves.

You can defnitely bring beer :D Im hoping some folks will bring out their kids, and mine will be there, so we need to still try and keep it as PG as possible :D

On that note, my wife has been brought into the cook-out planning, and she likes to go all out. There may be a menu change, but Ill assure you, itll be something good, and itll remian cheap :D

Its getting very close, and Im getting excited! My mod car isnt all that fast, but Ive got it driving nicely! I cant wait to get on the track with you guys.

chad508
2009.05.19, 09:45 PM
same here landon cant wait for saturday. as far as keeping it pg thats not a problem i'll keep it to a case are 2. j/k im sure what ever the menu will be it will be good and we will all have a good time. now all i need to do is get some track time in before friday night and the track is full. i should be up there tommorow evening. can't wait to see some old faces as well as a few new ones. till then

pedrocamp
2009.05.20, 07:15 AM
I apologize if this is already posted, but: when will the handout motors be available? At Friday practice? Saturday morning? Will PN mod motors be available for purchase? Are Giro Z harnesses available? Thanks.

Looking forward to the weekend. Landon, my son Zak will be coming, 2WD Stock and ping pong.

hrdrvr
2009.05.20, 08:11 AM
Chad, I know youre a pretty responsible drinker ;) I had to through the pg comment out there for the other folks who may be planning to get a little rowdy :D

Pedro, The hand out motors will be given out on saturday morning at final registration. 843 had a few of the mod motors in stock the other day, but I didnt look yesterday. You could give them a call if you need them to hold one (843.293.0486), and Im willing to bet Phillip will have some stuff for sale as well. He hasnt said he was, but he had a nice box of stuff at the last regional I went to :D

chad508
2009.05.20, 08:35 AM
if you need one i have a brand new never run pn 33 turn i bought to run it mod but have since backed out. i'll let it go for $20.

mleemor60
2009.05.20, 09:12 AM
Anybody coming that hasn't secured accomodations can contact me by PM

lfisminiz
2009.05.21, 05:59 PM
See all you guys 2morrow........:) Cant wait!

pedrocamp
2009.05.21, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the motor offer Chad, I will see you if it turns out I need it.

Looking forward to the weekend!

EMU
2009.05.22, 02:38 AM
Just want to wish everyone luck that is going to the race.

I wanted to make it, but I have other commitments that I cant miss.

hrdrvr
2009.05.22, 08:40 AM
Thanks Eugene! It would have been ocll if you could have made it. Maybe some of us will catch you at the NJ event :D

To all who are travellng today, my wishes go out for your safe travels! Good luck and be safe out there on the roads! See you guys later!!!!

Davey G
2009.05.22, 09:53 AM
Have the festivities begun yet? Whos fast...whos not???

hrdrvr
2009.05.22, 03:11 PM
Im about to stop by there, but dont have time to stay tonight :( Its a good thing I got my practice in earlier in the wqeek :D Ill drop on here afterwards, and let you know who all is there, fast, and having fun :D

bermbuster
2009.05.22, 05:01 PM
Good Luck to all the Racers.....
Sorry we couldnt make it this year but we will get down to the Grand Strand for some mini z racing sooner or later...:D

hrdrvr
2009.05.22, 09:34 PM
Its looking like we will have a strong turn-out again this weekend, with a lot of familiar faces showing up, including a few we didnt think we were going to see!

Matt (VAzRACER) came out and shattered our fastest laps with his mod pan car today. It was freaking flying! Ive watched Ed Roberts smash me with his for the past few weeks. He helped me get mine running, then to my suprise (and his) it looked for a minutes there like he was going to struggle tommorrow. He got it together, and looked strong before he left though! Eric (aka kromie) comes out today and was spanking my last few weeks lap times. He hasnt raced with us but twice in the last few months, and he beat me both times :rolleye: It looks like Im in for it again tommorrow :(

No one else was on the clock, but both the DoW guys (Larry and Ed C) looked fast, as well as Jeremy from VA. Earl suprised us with a visit, and he and Jay were getting their cars together for whats looking like its going to be a good rumble with Daddy Rabbit :D

Its looking like its going to be another great day of close racing! Hopefully I can sleep tonight, so I can perform halfway decent tommorrow! :D

Davey G
2009.05.24, 07:12 PM
Got Zults??

pedrocamp
2009.05.25, 07:21 AM
I am sure Landon will post results, pictures and videos soon...

I just want to say it was a very fun, very professionally run event. Thanks to all who helped organize and run the event. A special thanks to the Thompson family who not only were the driving force behind this but had us all over to their business (and very cool track) on Saturday night for a barbeque. I ran my F1 at the CFI track and it was like being at Monaco! The racing is fun but it is meeting great people like Landon, Sarah, Andy, Donna and Nora that make it worthwhile.

Great to see, meet and race with all the guys who came from other states.

Thanks to Eric H. for helping my son out with his radio issues!

Great racing, fast guys and good friends in Myrtle Beach! Looking forward to the Enduro!

Pedro

mleemor60
2009.05.25, 07:51 AM
Another smashing success for the Myrtle Beach group. The whole schedule ran without a hitch or glitch and the hospitality was as usual beyond expectations. For myself, Ill never have a day like that again. Thanks to all and we will see everybody in July.

hrdrvr
2009.05.25, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the kind words Pedro and Mike! It really means a lot to know all the hard work we put in is appreciated.

Dave, Im definetely going to get the results up soon. To be honest, Im not going to do anything RC today. this is the closest its going to get, lol.

I will give you the top three of each class though....

2WS:
Pedro
Ed C
Larry

F1:
Landon
Matt
Jeremy

PCS:
Ed R
Landon
Matt

PCM:
Landon
Jeremy
Pedro

Ill have pictures, vidoes, official results (including all of the mains), and a good run down of the action from my perspective very soon. Its a lot of video, so it may take me a couple of days to get it all uploaded and edited down. The rest of it should be posted tommorrow :D

Daddy Rabbit
2009.05.25, 02:28 PM
Thanks go out to the following:
Pedro, for all the personal kind words toward me and my family:)
James, for the place, time and your efforts:cool:
All the local racers, including those that were willing come for one day, the support was needed and appreciated.
All the out of towners, that traveled short and long distances to give your support to our region.
Ed, "you are the man":D, the computer man that is, it could not have gone as smooth without you, you are a wonderfull addition to the mini z sport, as you would be to any sport.
Landon, for having the fortitude to keep promoting and building genuine interest for the sport in our area, even when it seems that all odds are against him.;)
Thanks to all for coming to race with us, will see alot of you at Maj's:D

Daddy Rabbit
2009.05.26, 07:00 AM
Also, thanks go out to the Thompson ladies Donna and Sarah for the work they did on the cook out Saturday night, and for putting up with me and Landon's racing, GREAT JOB ladies:D

lfisminiz
2009.05.26, 11:14 AM
Finally got home and woke up.:D Thanks for a great run event by Landon and the M. Beach crew. It was great meeting some more guys from the forums here. Had a great time.......except for the LOOOOOOOOONG drive.:eek:

LARRY

imxlr8ed
2009.05.26, 11:35 AM
Awww... the long drive was fun! (I was sleeping in the back seat for a good portion of it though). Sparky's has it all, right? :D We got a good selection of aerial display devices there. Myrtle is a trip, I'm pretty sure that there is some strange universal endpoint there having 2 cool tracks so close to each other, but it seems to work.

843 is the place to be... the racing there is excellent, the service is stupendous and the people are all top notch! Big thanks to James for hosting the event once again, thanks to Landon for getting it rolling and thanks to Ed for keeping it rolling... awesome event.

I always look forward to running with all of you, I didn't get to make the rounds too much this weekend because I was struggling with all of my cars in the tuning department, but still got to talk to some of you and it was all good!

So... when are you guys running a Donk class? I've seen all kinds of car crazes and nothing has ever been more entertaining than seeing those machines cruising all over the roads this weekend. What'll they think of next?

Must have seen hundreds of these... and I thought it was Bike Week!?!?

Ed Roberts
2009.05.26, 11:39 AM
Had a great time racing with everyone, the east coast has some of the best and friendliness racers around. This is one of the major reason I am hooked on Mini-Z racing. I do not know of any scale racing were guys can come from all over the east coast and have fun within out those little clicks that happen sometimes in rc racing.

I would like to thank the Thompson family for the great cook out on Sat., without you I would of been eating at some bad fast food place because my wife was out of town, LOL. Also, it was great getting to know the out of town guys some more alway from the track.

And what can I say about Landon, anyone that could run a race like this, race all 4 classes, win 2 and place 2nd, just awesome. Great job Landon, I'll be coming for you on Wednesday night racing, LOL.

Thanks Daddy Rabbit, I think I have the program down now and starting to work on the updated version. Eventhough I helped run the program smoother I wouldn't been here without you and Landon supporting Mini-Z racing in MB for the last several years, thanks.

hrdrvr
2009.05.26, 07:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/DSC01762.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/DSC01764.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/DSC01787.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/DSC01789.jpg

hrdrvr
2009.05.26, 07:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/DSC01796.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/DSC01817.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26181.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26291.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26281.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26259.jpg

hrdrvr
2009.05.26, 08:15 PM
Mod A Main: 9 drivers!! :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26249.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26246.jpg

Pan Stock A Main: Tense!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26242.jpg

After race gathering (F1 A Main) at the tech table.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26199.jpg

F1 A Main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26187.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26181.jpg

hrdrvr
2009.05.26, 08:21 PM
Pedro put on a show in the 2WS A Main!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26176.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26159.jpg

2WS B-main.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26140.jpg

A few more random images...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/2009-05-26138.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/DSC01816.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/DSC01814.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/PNWC%202009%20SC%20Regional/DSC01805.jpg

bermbuster
2009.05.26, 08:48 PM
nice pics....
looks like you all had a great weekend of mini z racing.....
Landon your daughter is getting big....
Im looking forward to when you guys come up in July

imxlr8ed
2009.05.26, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah... I didn't forget, but huge thanks for the cookout Saturday too!

Yes... keep feeding us and we'll keep showing up! :D

hrdrvr
2009.05.26, 09:40 PM
Thanks DR, Ed, Larry, and Ed :D

Ed R, and DR, you guys know this weekend wouldnt have been possible without y'all either. You guys did more than I in the grand scheme of things, so a big thanks goes out to you two!!

Ed C, and Larry, Im glad you guys had a good time! I hope y'all make it down again. Hopefully you got to see the beach this time Ed :D I hope my restaraunt reccomendations turned out allright as well ;)

Oh, and George, Thanks for noticing the little one. She is a regular at trackside, and is turning into quite the little trooper on race days :D I hope she can make it up with me to Maj's :D

lfisminiz
2009.05.26, 10:29 PM
Also wanted to add a BIG thanks to James the hobby shop owner, really nice guy. And a HUGE thanks to Landon and family for the great food/cookout Saturday night.;):)

chad508
2009.05.26, 11:22 PM
i too want to thank everyone involved this past weekend. it was a top notch event with a great good of guys and gals. i love the tough competition and being able to see others interested as much as i am in this great sport. i hope to be able to make it to jersey with my brother inlaw steven and be able to run with every body again. maybe a few will be able to make it in june for the enduro. once again thanks to james, landon, daddy rabbit, and ed for all the effort put into this event. maybe next time we will get some guys from the west coast. i was hoping to meet grant and philip from pn but looks like ill have to meet them in jersey.

yasuji
2009.05.27, 12:20 AM
sorry guys.....i wish i was there.....but i did get alot of networking done over the weekend.....big things are happening.....ill see yall in nj:D

TALLGEESE
2009.05.27, 09:35 PM
Just wanted to say I had a great time at this event, and I'd like to thank Landon and everyone else responsible for making this event possible. I'd also like to thank James at 843 for going above and beyond to help me out with breaking in some motors for me and others. The cookout on Saturday was fun as well, the food was really good and I got to hang out with a couple of the local racers who were very fast all weekend.

hrdrvr
2009.05.28, 08:42 AM
^ Thanks Ed! Ive got the videos here to go with them :D

2WS A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIewsQw18kQ

2WS B-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGR-15__LYw

Formula 1 A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEninIynGwo

Formula 1 B-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwCrGWykIXU

Pan Car Stock A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaoeEBuOyXI

Pan Car Stock B-Main (only got about half of this :( )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzhjUVn2tfA

Pan Car Mod (9 car mayehm!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJOgqFl08zs

Ed Roberts
2009.05.28, 04:22 PM
PNWC in Myrtle Beach on 5-24-09

Ed Roberts
2009.05.28, 04:24 PM

imxlr8ed
2009.06.01, 12:24 AM
Pan Car Stock A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaoeEBuOyXI

Ha!... just remembered the free ad I did for Davey G on this video. It's around the 6 minute mark and 2 more on from there.

Working towards a discount! ;)

Davey G
2009.06.01, 07:51 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Thats sooooooooo funny! Thanks ED.......it was more like the 6.00 mark, 6.30, 7.25 and more at the 8.30 mark...HAHAHAHHAA

LMFAO!!!!!!

imxlr8ed
2009.06.01, 10:24 AM
I saw all that un-used track space at the bottom of the screen and became inspired to do something with it. Might have to try this at other events... but not too much or they'll start hiding the camera from me! :D

lfisminiz
2009.06.01, 04:14 PM
Davey, glad you saw it. This is first ive seen it....i laughed my A$$ off.:D

hrdrvr
2009.06.02, 08:40 AM
I got a chuckle out of it when Ed told me about it. I laughed hard when one of the local guys told me he saw it, and thought it had to have been Ed, lol.

EMU
2009.06.02, 01:32 PM
That cracked me up... Ed, you are one funny guy :p

imxlr8ed
2009.06.02, 06:18 PM
That cracked me up... Ed, you are one funny guy :p

Funny how? Like a clown... do I amuse you? (sorry, big fan of Goodfellas)

And more filmed events yet to come this year... can't hardly wait!