PDA

View Full Version : MHS Drift

JuniorWKR
2009.03.25, 10:30 AM
I just finished putting my drifter together... car is awsome... i was able to keep a consistent circle going around the laundry basket in my basement but that was on a wood floor... lets see how the car transfers over on to the track... so anyone else out there with an extra awd or if you just wanna throw drift tires on ur race ready awd lets do it and have some fun... im sure it will be nothing short of hilarious... here is mine...

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26936&stc=1&d=1237991401

My light kit wiht the exhaust should be here today or tomorow... hopefully i can put on a decent enough show for you guys thur night....

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.25, 02:50 PM
I just finished putting my drifter together... car is awsome... i was able to keep a consistent circle going around the laundry basket in my basement but that was on a wood floor... lets see how the car transfers over on to the track... so anyone else out there with an extra awd or if you just wanna throw drift tires on ur race ready awd lets do it and have some fun... im sure it will be nothing short of hilarious... here is mine...

http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26936&stc=1&d=1237991401

My light kit wiht the exhaust should be here today or tomorow... hopefully i can put on a decent enough show for you guys thur night....

i wanna...i wanna...gotta put some money aside for a new car...of course i think we're all gonna be running the same body...i have the same one, but the Falken one...LOL....

JuniorWKR
2009.03.25, 02:59 PM
this thing is so much friggin fun its insane... i was in my basement till 12 oclock last night just drifting it around objects.... awsome to see this thing sideways... i think a little more camber is gonna make it even better... cant wait... hope a couple of you guys can manage to build one so we can have drift sessions....

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.25, 03:04 PM
this thing is so much friggin fun its insane... i was in my basement till 12 oclock last night just drifting it around objects.... awsome to see this thing sideways... i think a little more camber is gonna make it even better... cant wait... hope a couple of you guys can manage to build one so we can have drift sessions....

well, if my awd drives terrible tomorrow night, i might just convert it to drift...:D

JuniorWKR
2009.03.25, 03:26 PM
well, if my awd drives terrible tomorrow night, i might just convert it to drift...:D

No dont do that just get another chassis... when you get the dough do it.. it really didnt cost that much especially if you already have the body... all you need is drift tires, camber blocks and bearings... everything else is stock... no big cost for aftermarket accesories... i put my old 70t motor in it... a couple of bucks and ur up and running...

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.25, 03:36 PM
No dont do that just get another chassis... when you get the dough do it.. it really didnt cost that much especially if you already have the body... all you need is drift tires, camber blocks and bearings... everything else is stock... no big cost for aftermarket accesories... i put my old 70t motor in it... a couple of bucks and ur up and running...

sounds good...maybe next week....

JuniorWKR
2009.03.25, 03:41 PM
sounds good...maybe next week....

you wont be disapointed... you can use it in ur basement with those foam tile and set up little cones and practice... unlike the other cars you can do this anywhere and practice... i was having alot of fun last night... especially if you get one, me and maj and george have one it will be really cool with all the cars going around the track at the same time... maybe we can get 3 people to judge it for fun... points based on consistency and style....

JuniorWKR
2009.03.25, 03:44 PM
and all the spring that dont work for your racer are perfect for the drift... and all the extra gears that you will never use are perfect also... and you have a motor... all you need is chassis and bearings... and the drift tires... i crazy glued the stock diffs so they stay locked... you dont even have to buy the good ones and tighten them down.... there really isnt anything to the set up its all about driving...

JuniorWKR
2009.03.25, 03:49 PM
and think of the cool videos we can do with a couple of cars with flashing lights drifting around the track... i can make it with some really cool music playing inthe bacround... and the close ups and slo mo's will be sick....

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.25, 07:52 PM
and think of the cool videos we can do with a couple of cars with flashing lights drifting around the track... i can make it with some really cool music playing inthe bacround... and the close ups and slo mo's will be sick....

i'm telling you man, you should be on the MHS payroll...you're a great salesman...i'll be picking one up next week....:D:D

JuniorWKR
2009.03.26, 09:20 AM
i'm telling you man, you should be on the MHS payroll...you're a great salesman...i'll be picking one up next week....:D:D

dont forget to tell joey or maj to order you the 3 degree knuckles from 3racing so they have them in on time for you.... he has one set there in blue... i had to buy the friggin purple ones cause i have no friggin patience and cant wait for anything... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

JuniorWKR
2009.03.26, 09:41 AM
i was able to add acouple of more shims with the 3 degree knuckles wait till you see how frigginlow this bad boy is... im gonn have a pic taken with Vida Guerra from livin the low life... LOL..... "drop it like its hot"... :cool:

bermbuster
2009.03.27, 03:15 AM
how did the awds do......
did jrs lowboy rip the rcp???:D
any video....:cool:

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.31, 09:48 AM
i got my light kit yesterday...i installed it in the car, but i hooked it up to the motor wires, and the lights only come on when you hit the throttle...is that normal...is there a way to get them to stay on all the time?....

MikeL
2009.03.31, 10:00 AM
i got my light kit yesterday...i installed it in the car, but i hooked it up to the motor wires, and the lights only come on when you hit the throttle...is that normal...is there a way to get them to stay on all the time?....

yes that's normal, think about it, motor only moves when it has power. I don't think there is switched power you can tap into, hook it up to the batteries and add a switch or a connector.

JuniorWKR
2009.03.31, 10:16 AM
yes that's normal, think about it, motor only moves when it has power. I don't think there is switched power you can tap into, hook it up to the batteries and add a switch or a connector.

Thats right... solder them on to the battery terminals which will give them constant power... and put a connector on it so you can remove the body... or leave it on the motor so they will flash as you pepper the throttle...

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.31, 10:21 AM
Thats right... solder them on to the battery terminals which will give them constant power... and put a connector on it so you can remove the body... or leave it on the motor so they will flash as you pepper the throttle...

sounds good...thanks...not i gotta get the chassis....

JuniorWKR
2009.03.31, 10:25 AM
sounds good...thanks...not i gotta get the chassis....

LOL... you did say this week... i cant wait to get som drift sessions goin...

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.31, 10:28 AM
LOL... you did say this week... i cant wait to get som drift sessions goin...

as soon as Maj gets them in...i get paid Friday...i'll need your expertease in setting it up of course....:o

JuniorWKR
2009.03.31, 10:49 AM
as soon as Maj gets them in...i get paid Friday...i'll need your expertease in setting it up of course....:o

LOL... i wouldnt call what i know about drifting expertes, will will most definitly be figuring it out together... LOL... i have a starting point which seems to be working out pretty well... i started a drift thread in the awd forum if you have any questions the guys there have been pretty helpful...

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.31, 10:50 AM
LOL... i wouldnt call what i know about drifting expertes, will will most definitly be figuring it out together... LOL... i have a starting point which seems to be working out pretty well... i started a drift thread in the awd forum if you have any questions the guys there have been pretty helpful...

I'll check out the thread now...

JuniorWKR
2009.03.31, 11:11 AM
I'll check out the thread now...

i was so desperate to get this thing working i actually grooved drift tires... LOL.. and it worked...

xrayminiz4life
2009.03.31, 11:21 AM
i was so desperate to get this thing working i actually grooved drift tires... LOL.. and it worked...

Hey, as long as it worked....

JuniorWKR
2009.04.01, 11:19 AM
now i only tested it at my house and not on the track yet but i think 94mm is going to work better.... will keep you posted...

JuniorWKR
2009.04.02, 10:46 AM
well not only did i got to 94mm i switched it over to a wide body last night... im using the 350z body and i have +3 wide rims in the back and 2.5 narrow rims up front... i also put wide drift tires in the back... now i know my house isnt the track but the back part of my basement is a very smooth concrete floor and even though im not testing on rcp it does give me enough feedback to the changes i do... what i noticed is the set up works no matter what its just that i have to bump up the power alittle bit for rcp as it has more traction... cant wait to get it on the track tonite and see how it goes.... :eek:

JuniorWKR
2009.04.23, 01:45 PM
eric you bringing your drifter tonite?

xrayminiz4life
2009.04.23, 01:51 PM
eric you bringing your drifter tonite?

yep...i'll have it with me....

JuniorWKR
2009.04.23, 02:01 PM
we are gonnna have to get a little drift session goin before we race tonite..

xrayminiz4life
2009.04.23, 02:20 PM
we are gonnna have to get a little drift session goin before we race tonite..

sounds good to me...the only thing i changed on the car was the motor...i even kept the original springs on there...i have no clue how to set this up....

JuniorWKR
2009.04.23, 02:22 PM
ur not alone... im trying to figure it out as i go... it will be better with both our cars out there so we can see what works and what doesnt work...

JuniorWKR
2009.04.30, 02:17 PM
if anyone else out there has a drifter and wants to get a session going before we race please feel free to bring them along with you on thur nights as we can probally hold the track off for a few minutes to do some drifting...