PDA

View Full Version : Radio shack $50 oval track.

edhchoe
2009.03.31, 11:41 AM
Why are the tracks so much more expensive at other stores? And why is Radio shack not selling them any more?

briankstan
2009.03.31, 11:48 AM
Why are the tracks so much more expensive at other stores? And why is Radio shack not selling them any more?

this was a clearance price, as they were/are discontinuing their line and the racing series they were running for the Xmods.

their regular price as the same as current pricing. besides, that thread about the discounted tracks was almost 2 years old.

edhchoe
2009.03.31, 01:53 PM
thanks for the quick answer!
do the foam tiles deform over time at all? do they stay flat? I have regular interlocking foam anti-fatigue mats at home and they don't stay flat around the joints and the car gets stuck when going slow. Do you run into these kind of problems at all with the RCP tracks? My track is setup on long haired carpet and maybe that's the problem...

cowboysir
2009.03.31, 02:29 PM
if you plan on tearing down and rebuilding your track over and over (like I do) you can keep everything in tip top shape by stacking it neatly. I would up buying 6 ovals from radio shack back during their sale and every piece is still crisp.;)

NomaOnAir
2009.03.31, 02:49 PM
I would think that the reason your track isnt staying aligned is because its not a on a flat surface. I would suggest trying it on a flat surface such as a patio or car port or even wood .

edhchoe
2009.03.31, 05:23 PM
I would think that the reason your track isnt staying aligned is because its not a on a flat surface. I would suggest trying it on a flat surface such as a patio or car port or even wood .

Mine are 24x24" and they are stretching in the middle part slightly getting dome shaped. I am running on the smooth side and the interlock is not evenly flush everywhere. So the real RCP tracks do not deform like that..... I might just have to fork over $200+ for a mini 96.:(

ocean rodeo
2009.04.23, 04:57 PM
I might just have to fork over $200+ for a mini 96.:(

Thats not a bad thing:D

Skv012a
2009.04.23, 05:35 PM
ed, IMO just cut up your foam into more interesting pieces, add rails, and make youself the ultimate grip track. Practice on that and rcp will be a breeze in comparison. I'm very slowly working my small sock of these, but once I'm done I'll be practicing hard.