PDA

View Full Version : micro-t pcb

jonnywachter
2009.04.01, 01:53 AM
So i was looking on some threads and saw that some people are running the micro-t pcb. Does it give more power over an AM fetted board? Or does it give more power or equal power to the 2.4? The reason im even considering it is because i can get the micro-t stuff for free, but i would have to buy the 2.4 stuff. I want to be competitive and the only thing that is holding me back is the electronics, which really sucks. Any one got any ideas to make the best of what I have or maybe some cheap alternatives? I have also heard of using the micro spektrum receiver but i don't know what ESC to run, since i can get the spectrum stuff also maybe that could be an alternative?

color01
2009.04.03, 03:47 PM
Micro-T PCB is just a really affordable, good-for-the-money package. I've used it in my MRCG before, and it'll get you going for very little cash. Not quite as tunable or accurate as the 2.4GHz system though, and of course response time is not as fast.

The Micro-T board does have a 2x2 FET stack from the factory, but in personal experience once your motor draws sufficient current, there's something in the board or whatever that limits the maximum power you can actually put down. I never fried the FETs in my Micro-T board with a 31t handwound motor, but it certainly did not lay down the power like my ASF board does.

I would say it's comparable to an AM Mini-Z board. Not even close to ASF standards though, not for high-level racing.

cowboysir
2009.04.03, 06:22 PM
When it comes to an open space (MR-CG or other pan chassis) you have quite a few options for open electronics. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for MR02's space limits (if you keep the electronics enclosed, that is).

I've seen a thread of Christian's that describes a Sinister esc with an aftermarket servo pcb and Spectrum RX which i think is good way to go.

I've checked the dimensions and you could also (with some depth modifications) squeeze a Novak Spy esc that's been decased in an MR02 shell...those are the electronics I run with my MR-CG chassis and it's ridiculous how smooth and progressive the throttle is on that esc.

It'd be a tough fit but I bet you could swing it.;)

jonnywachter
2009.04.03, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the info, I think im going to go the more complicated route and use the spektrum receiver. I know the spy is good but its pretty big, even without a case. I think tekin makes an esc that might be smaller, does anyone have any experiance with this one? also i think its safe to say any 1/18th esc will have awesome feel and power delivery because they are made to take a LOT more power. now i just have to find one that with the smallest footprint.

EMU
2009.04.04, 02:34 AM
If using the Tekin ESC, get the B1R (with reverse)... Davey G used it in an AWD a while back, and it performed well. I have one that I havent used yet (but plan to on my MRCG).

The B1R is smaller than the Spy. The Xray 180 ESC doesnt play nice with the Spektrum RX. You need to bind it with a different ESC... That is what I have installed on my MRCG, decased of course. I thought one of my receivers was broken because it wouldnt bind.

Red Team
2009.04.04, 02:50 PM
...The Xray 180 ESC doesnt play nice with the Spektrum RX. You need to bind it with a different ESC... That is what I have installed on my MRCG, decased of course. I thought one of my receivers was broken because it wouldnt bind.

:eek: If i knew this ...I wouldn't sell my micro Spektrum RX :mad: :(
Cause it was my first DSM and it worked perfect for the guy I sold it ( 1/18 Mamba esc ), I thought was something wrong with my DSM TX ( the cheap one )...now I know was the Xray esc...thanks for the info ! :)

EMU
2009.04.05, 03:52 AM
I went through 2 of the micros, before I pulled a larger one that I knew worked from a 1/18 car... I later figured it out when trying a different ESC... and felt really !smart.