PDA

View Full Version : F1 followers

madf1man
2009.04.01, 08:46 AM
Ck out this incredible news
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090401093727.shtml

hrdrvr
2009.04.01, 09:08 AM
I posted your link over on the F1 discussion thread.

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31230

Looks interesting.....I dont like the fact that I finally got to see Jenson and Rubens running in the front, and now they are going to knock one of them off :(

briankstan
2009.04.01, 09:17 AM
I posted your link over on the F1 discussion thread.

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31230

Looks interesting.....I dont like the fact that I finally got to see Jenson and Rubens running in the front, and now they are going to knock one of them off :(

I'm sure this is an April Fools Joke !!

madf1man
2009.04.01, 09:31 AM
If its on the internet it must be true was my thinking

briankstan
2009.04.01, 11:34 AM
funny thing in the article that it states that Mercedes decided to move Lewis to the Brawn Team, and McLaren were all for it. Yea right !!

I know I don't know what all in in his contract, but that would be like saying that because Torro Rosso was running Ferrari engines, that Ferrari could just put Kimi in one of their cars or Renault could move Alonzo to Red Bull (they actually have a competitive car) because they are supplying the engines for them.

I know Bernie tries he best to manipulate the races. (the safety car waiting 2.5 laps of the race before being deployed, and not until the race leader pitted for fuel and tires). Even the announcers stated "why hasn't the safety car been deployed" on the broadcast.

and all this money saving talk, Kers is going to end up costing teams alot of money. Desposible batteries that last for all of 1 race. all the extra paperwork in getting them into all the different countries.

Not to mention all the changes to the rules as far as the car is concerned, all to slow them down and they actually went faster. Waste, Waste, Oh, but were are trying to go green. :confused:

rocketman
2009.04.02, 04:23 PM
I am with briankstan, April Fools, by the way the best news of the weekend for Non-McLaren fans is that the child prodigy picks-up a DQ for misleading the stewards and gets 0 points.

Scuderia Ferrari.................................. FOREVER

briankstan
2009.04.02, 05:39 PM
I am with briankstan, April Fools, by the way the best news of the weekend for Non-McLaren fans is that the child prodigy picks-up a DQ for misleading the stewards and gets 0 points.

Scuderia Ferrari.................................. FOREVER

Sweet !!! I actually like McLaren for for some reason Lewis just doesn't do it for me. He is a talented driver, I'll give you that.

that means that both Ferrari and Mclaren end up with the same points. a big fat 0. it's a level playinge field now. Go Ferrari.

rocketman
2009.04.02, 07:00 PM
I actually loved watching Bruce Mclaren and Denny Hulme especially in the Can-Am Series, man I'm old. But I am mostly of Italian extraction and you know how we are about the whole "Family" thing. Shaping up to be a great season, I think they will lose the diffuser question and the next week will all be running clamshells and that should really even out the field.

mini-z
2009.04.02, 09:43 PM
Has to be April Fools: 01/04/09 09:37...
In a surprise statement issued shortly after midnight on this date, ... but it has been reported that a portion of the money previously tagged for F1 will now be used to purchase a fleet of small fishing vessels off the coast of Newfoundland.!!! :D

bemoore
2009.04.03, 08:15 AM
Sweet !!! I actually like McLaren for for some reason Lewis just doesn't do it for me. He is a talented driver, I'll give you that.I agree. I also agree with a comment I read from some commentator which went something like, "Hamilton's the next Michael Schumacher, and that's no complement."

cowboysir
2009.04.03, 01:35 PM
Anybody bad mouthing Schumi needs to be given a smack...:D

Hamilton is definitely a special driver but he does not have that leader quality that brought the best in people out to the forefront. Micheal Shumacher is such a level beyond any driver in the field today I find it difficult to believe there is any comparison. Not only do I find it difficult to imagine anyone will catch any of his myriad of records (difference in car design notwithstanding) I don't believe there is any personality that can build a sense of ownership and teamwork like Micheal brought to Ferrari back in the late 90's early 2000's.;)

That being said, does any moderator want to meld the threads here and going in the F1-Z subforum? I'd like to keep up my race reviews but I don't know which thread i should be using (since both are fairly current).

That also being said, practice was pretty interesting today:

1. Ferrari led session 2 and Williams led session 1.
2. Many drivers attempted long runs (10+laps) on the super soft/ option tire and both Ferrari and RedBull were able to keep consitent laptimes

Qualifying shoulkd be interesting tomorrow with Vettel expecting a 10 spot penalty, rain is expected and McLaren suffering with a slow car...very interesting.:D

rocketman
2009.04.03, 04:57 PM
I believe that we F1 fans were robbed of some of the greatest racing events in the history of F1. I would have loved to have seen Senna against Michael. I think that would have been a rivalry for the ages. Hamilton is excellent but he is not a driver, in my opinion, that right now can take an inferior car and win a WC. Shumacher could and did and Senna never really had to but could have. Alonso is great and young but he is missing something, like a car and engine and maybe drive. I enjoyed watching Michael over the years but he wasn't always a gentleman on the track and some of his actions were sophomoric but that man had talent.