PDA

View Full Version : What is a Pan Car?

gamesguru
2009.04.01, 06:32 PM
Sorry for this n00bish question but I have searched the forums and there is no answer. Thanks for answering, please give a detailed description. :D

ocean rodeo
2009.04.01, 06:42 PM
Sorry for this n00bish question but I have searched the forums and there is no answer. Thanks for answering, please give a detailed description. :D

It's a body style. Mainly modified class racing. High down force, very fast.

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1883

deloreanaka8
2009.04.12, 09:56 AM
To give you a bit more detailed anser I'll give you my prespective, as far as I know. (I may be wrong, let's hope not.)

The pan chassis is like a classic look of the 1st electric chassis that came out.
These feature rwd with motor mounted just before the rear axle and use ball differential for much more quick times around the tracks.
They may have or not a suspension set, the oldschool ones didn't but since I can remember back in the end of the 80's I think all of them had it.
The platform is, most of the cases, made of carbon fibre for saving weight and give it strengh.
The suspension set at front is just like the Mini-Z, and at the rear you usually have a damper that goes from the top of the motor mount to the center of the chassis, even though there are more modern systems around these days.
Since carrying a powerfull motor, for good traction only use foam tires and usually almost double larger at the rear.
The body resembles the Le Mans style prototypes and it's extra low for maximum aerodynamics.
All the races I've seen with those, about 90% were on carpet and the rest at a regular tarmac track.
The most common scale for these cars is 1/12, the oldschool models were 1/10 and today we see them in 1/24 and 1/28. (The scale of the Mini-Z.)

And that's basically it, I hope. (Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, please.)
Have a look at this picture and see it for yourself.

http://www.hbeurope.com/graphics/kitpages/61600/C12_preview_03.jpg