PDA

View Full Version : T-Plate Mounting

JuniorWKR
2009.04.02, 10:25 AM
Have any of you guys experimented with the screw holes when mounting the t-plate to the motor pod... either having the screws to the outside or to the inside and have any of you experienced any change.... i was getting my cars ready last night and realized while checking over everything if I rotate the pod side to side and having the screw on the outer settings that the t-plate actually bowed in the middle of the pod... now i know what i was doing was an extreme case and the car would never rotate that far on the track but it made me think... so i moved the screws to the inner spots and did the same test and it didnt bow any more.... im using the kyosho carbon fiber plates which are a little wider and thinner than the others outside of the clear plastic ones... so will having the screws in the inner setting actually make the t-plate stiffer?... will it cause more rotation if the flex of the t-plate is truer?... any input would be appreciated as i have not yet had the chance to put this to a test on a track....

ocean rodeo
2009.04.02, 12:27 PM
I know that the inside holes are to make the plate stiffer.

JuniorWKR
2009.04.02, 12:48 PM
I know that the inside holes are to make the plate stiffer.

thats what i figured but stiffer up and down or left to right all or all around?... wow that was alot... lol

ocean rodeo
2009.04.02, 01:23 PM
Side to side. I use the inside holes when using a medium plate.

JuniorWKR
2009.04.02, 02:01 PM
Side to side. I use the inside holes when using a medium plate.

im assuming that by using the inside holes it puts you at a half... so a soft would become a soft/med and med would then become a med/hard...