PDA

View Full Version : PN Motor Mount (#F1003) Q.

Programmers
2009.04.12, 03:04 PM
Hey peeps,
I was wondering if you could use the PN motor mount for the F1 with the regular suspension setup or you needed to buy a shock, etc, like you do with the atomic one.

It's part no. for kenon is #F1003.

Cheers,
Tom.

EMU
2009.04.12, 09:37 PM
That mount uses the same suspension setup as the stock mount. There is no disc damper setup for it yet. I dont know if PN has anything in the works... but I am planning to rig something up. I did a little work on one before, but its not quite right.

I would recommend using the Kyosho top shock along with the side springs...

Programmers
2009.04.13, 04:22 AM
That's excellent, just what I wanted to hear.

Cheers Emu. :)

hpgod
2009.04.14, 06:11 PM
I have a pn mount setup for disk damper. mark the center srew point on the bar. cut the shock mount vertical flush with a thin dremel disk along the bar. trim the block flush, ca glue with the top level with the bar then jb weld the sides and bottom. works like a champ. pn has adjustable wing height and a better adjustment setup for gear mesh.

EMU
2009.04.14, 08:03 PM
I have a pn mount setup for disk damper. mark the center srew point on the bar. cut the shock mount vertical flush with a thin dremel disk along the bar. trim the block flush, ca glue with the top level with the bar then jb weld the sides and bottom. works like a champ. pn has adjustable wing height and a better adjustment setup for gear mesh.

Can you post a pic of your DDS setup?

hpgod
2009.04.15, 08:47 PM
I do not know how/where to post a pic online.
when the block is flush with the cross bar top. a 0.30 washer between the mount and tube centered the damper tube.
I held the mount in a vise to free up a hand. CA gluing the block in place was key to the process. I used a cotton/paper towel to accelerate the glue so it only took a minute to set and removed any excess. I also used a long m2 screw to hold the block and help with the alignment.

The mclaren body has more clearance for the disk damper. I noticed this when I ran the tri shock setup.(too much rear grip) With the ferrarri body there i had to cutout behind the exhaust area where hank(pinoyboy) did not have to remove any external body area.