PDA

View Full Version : buying a mr-02 2.4ghz

SkullCrusher
2009.04.15, 01:31 PM
hello there

As it says in the title I[am hopefully going to be buying a mr-02 2.4ghz with kt-18 handset. i have a ready brought a mecedes mclaren SLR bodyshell of ebay. but could you tell me if there is any problems with the chassis or handset, which would make the car uneasy to use and would get in the way of fun. Im mainly getting this car to use on my own or race my friends xmods.

Dom (SkullCrusher)

Traveler
2009.04.15, 02:03 PM
could you tell me if there is any problems with the chassis or handset, which would make the car uneasy to use and would get in the way of fun. Im mainly getting this car to use on my own or race my friends xmods.

Dom (SkullCrusher)

Overall these cars are so far superior to XMODS its not even funny. Out of the box, you will smoke them. There is an issue with getting the car in reverse. You have to pause for a sec. in neutral before going to reverse, but you should be able to get used to that. Otherwise you are going to love it and your friends are going to hate it. What did the SLR body set you back?

Have fun!

SkullCrusher
2009.04.15, 02:09 PM
What did the SLR body set you back?

hi traveler the SLR body cost 6 with 4 postage and it is brand new. note im in uk

dom

Traveler
2009.04.15, 02:23 PM
Not sure of the exchange rate these days, but sounds like you got a good deal. I really like that body!

Welcome to the forums!

SkullCrusher
2009.04.15, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the forums!

thank you traveler

herman
2009.04.15, 11:07 PM
first of all... welcome to the forums....

second... congratulations on your purchase... :D

the 2.4ghz asf... is a definite upgrade coming from an x-mod...
although i dont have an xmod... (i just think it's a definite waste of money, but that's just my opinion), i've read threads and seen video's (on youtube) of mini-z's vs xmods... and believe me the mini-z's are a whole lot superior (again that's just my view based on what i've read and seen)...

i've been around for quite a while... and have had the chance of going through kyosho's development of the mini-z's... mr01... mr02... mr015 then they came out with the ad band... now the 2.4ghz asf... comparing all of kyosho's releases, i believe that the 2.4ghz asf is the best that they came out with thus far... (due to the advancements made on the board - it's generally faster, and the steering is a whole lot more responsive compared to the rest of their offerings)...

most guys issues with the 2.4ghz asf is the reverse function, which takes some time getting used to... (there's actually a thread dedicated to 'reverse' on the forums - just do a search) but other than that, i couldn't be happier...

if you have any questions just fire them off... lots of the guys on the forums are more than happy to answer them... :D