PDA

View Full Version : Body handling characteristics differences between the Nissan GTR & Nissan GT-R500

eztuner12
2009.04.16, 01:38 AM
Greeting to all.:)

It would be very interesting if those of you that have either of these to new body, post your feedback opinions regarding handling performance, so we can have a contrast between them.

Thanks!
Cheers;)

benmlee
2009.04.20, 03:33 PM
I was told the GT-R500 is a 98mm body with +3 offset all around. That would make it similar to a pan car. The GTR interestingly is a 94mm body. Same car, but different wheelbase. GT-R500 might be a good handling body.

eztuner12
2009.04.20, 05:01 PM
Hi benmlee.
I have received a couple of personal e-mails and a PN, telling me that the GT R-500 is “GREAT” body that handles beautifully and fast too.

Yes, very strange that been the same model car, they have different wheelbase.:confused:

Thx for the comment.
Cheers

locwan
2009.04.20, 06:44 PM
Hi benmlee.
Yes, very strange that been the same model car, they have different wheelbase.:confused:

As far as I know, the super GT versions of the 1:1 scale cars all have heavily modified chassis, plus practically all of the body panels are custom made and not shared with the street going versions. The requirements of the super GT series only require the car to look similar to the road going versions. I once came across a photo of the street version (as a safety car) along side the gt500 version, and the gt500 cars are substantially larger. So it's actually not so strange after all the mini-z bodies remain true to scale.

locwan
2009.04.20, 06:45 PM

As far as I know, the super GT versions of the 1:1 scale cars all have heavily modified chassis, plus practically all of the body panels are custom made and not shared with the street going versions. The requirements of the super GT series only require the car to look similar to the road going versions. I once came across a photo of the street version (as a safety car) along side the gt500 version, and the gt500 cars are substantially larger. So it's actually not so strange after all the mini-z bodies remain true to scale.

locwan
2009.04.20, 06:45 PM

As far as I know, the super GT versions of the 1:1 scale cars all have heavily modified chassis, plus practically all of the body panels are custom made and not shared with the street going versions. The requirements of the super GT series only require the car to look similar to the road going versions. I once came across a photo of the street version (as a safety car) along side the gt500 version, and the gt500 cars are substantially larger. So it's actually not so strange after all the mini-z bodies remain true to scale. ;)

eztuner12
2009.04.20, 07:00 PM
Hi locwan,
Great info & thanks for it good point there :cool:. I thought about it, but really not very acquainted with "Super" GTR's as with GT's, GTS's & GTR's.
As on the case of the McLaren GTR “long tail” or Le Mans, the WB was maintained, been a much wider & longer chassis & consequently body.
Thx;)
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.04.20, 07:12 PM
Sorry locwan, I meant Super GT not Super GTR
BTW, is the “Super GT” (All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship) only race it in Japan, right?
Thx
Cheers

locwan
2009.04.21, 01:35 AM
I do think the races are mostly held in Japan. But I think there is one single race that's held in Malaysia, Sepang.

btw, sorry for the triple posts above, the page loaded very slowly when I posted and I had refreshed a few times while posting.. but the edit option for the post seems to be absent from this thread for some reason.

color01
2009.04.21, 02:13 AM
There's been a race in California too as far as I recall. Didn't get much of a crowd though.

The GT500 GT-R's official offsets are 2N/2W, so it's not quite pan car status, but close.

eztuner12
2009.04.21, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the info locwan.
I read somewhere, that this Super GT has not too much rules regarding the cars modification.:eek:
I imagine those Japanese car manufactures teams going wild with modifications.:D

Don’t worry about the triple posting and the edit less thread, yep it is really a nuisance not to be able to edit in this “New Products” thread, but I guess not everything is perfect in life right.
I deduce one of the kinds Moderators, will notice it and remove two of them. If not, we can live with it, right.

BTW, do you have either one of these nice bodies for your mini-z? If you do perchance, you can write your impression.

Again thanks!!!

eztuner12
2009.04.21, 02:29 AM
There's been a race in California too as far as I recall. Didn't get much of a crowd though.

The GT500 GT-R's official offsets are 2N/2W, so it's not quite pan car status, but close.

Hi Brian,
According to JuniorWKR, you can go +3W at rear & +2.5N front on the 4WD chassis.
Those offset you are providing, are for the 2wd’s???
Thx
Cheers

color01
2009.04.21, 03:59 AM
2N/2W on MR-02's.

dvsstrike
2009.04.21, 09:09 AM
the gt500 is 3.5f and 2.0 rears for the awd. +2f with a standard front end 0f with wide track and both run +2 rears or just shimm the diff to get a +2.5 which is best

eztuner12
2009.04.21, 11:27 AM
the gt500 is 3.5f and 2.0 rears for the awd. +2f with a standard front end 0f with wide track and both run +2 rears or just shimm the diff to get a +2.5 which is best

Hi dvsstrike,
So you are suggesting for the 4wd to use +3.5N at front & 2.5W rear(no shimed diff) on the GT-R500?
if someone use shims on their diff, this will change the wheels offset?
Were is the relation here:confused:
Thx...;)
Cheers

dvsstrike
2009.04.21, 11:47 AM
i always shim the diff on the mr02 every diff i have never centers correctly. everytime i shimm the diff its always off from left to right. by the time its eqaual left to right its always about .5 to about .8 for a eqaul left and right.so factor in the offsetts it can range from 2.5-2.8 if using +2 offsets

dvsstrike
2009.04.21, 11:48 AM
awd you do not need to shim

dvsstrike
2009.04.21, 11:50 AM
gt 500 uses the nsx offsets for the awd 3.5f and 2.0 rears. again no shimming for the awd. mr02 uses the shims

eztuner12
2009.04.21, 12:48 PM
gt 500 uses the nsx offsets for the awd 3.5f and 2.0 rears. again no shimming for the awd. mr02 uses the shims

Very clear now:)
Thx;)

arch2b
2009.04.21, 12:54 PM
i'm running the motul r-35 on the same setup for the db9 (mr-02). i'll check to make sure what the offsets are when i get home.

eztuner12
2009.04.21, 01:11 PM
Great arch2b
I am interested in the correct wheels offset GT-R500 2008 ON A MA-010AWD chassis, close to the outside area of the fenders but still safe inside the fenders.
I need to have this info before placing my order foe the GT-R500 2008 shell just in case I have to order new rims as well.

I have a couple of diferent suggestion on the offset so I am:confused::confused:
Thanks;)

arch2b
2009.04.21, 08:10 PM
well, i can't help you with the ma-010 offsets. i happen to have +2 wide rear and narrow -1 front with RR WTF. i may be able to get another mm out but i'd rather not worry about peeling off tires when scrubbing the rails.

eztuner12
2009.04.21, 08:26 PM
well, i can't help you with the ma-010 offsets. i happen to have +2 wide rear and narrow -1 front with RR WTF. i may be able to get another mm out but i'd rather not worry about peeling off tires when scrubbing the rails.

Thx arch2b,
Not to worry! Perhaps your info will be good for others, as a fact using RR WTF on their chassis front end & the GT-R500 shell. :)
All info submitted in this thread, will certainly be helpful for anyone using or planning to buy one of these two bodies;)
Again thanks…
Cheers

Rune
2009.04.22, 04:09 AM
On MR02 I use 0 offset front with WTF, and 3 offset rear.

Works very good.