PDA

View Full Version : Fold away track

SkullCrusher
2009.04.16, 10:44 AM
hello with my car on the way im planning on building a foldaway track with a wooden base with hinges in the middle. but what do i cover the board with? but i DONT want to use foam squares?

thanks dommy (SkullCrusher)

davisdavis
2009.04.16, 10:53 AM
office carpet, grey ones

JuniorWKR
2009.04.16, 10:57 AM
hello with my car on the way im planning on building a foldaway track with a wooden base with hinges in the middle. but what do i cover the board with? but i DONT want to use foam squares?

thanks dommy (SkullCrusher)

theres alot of things you can use... like carpet used specifically for mini-z which any lhs should be able to order you... or a roll out rubber membrane which you can get at any local roofing supply house... or you can use the hercules bedliner which is an epoxy base paint that is used in the beds of pickup trucks to protect the bed from damage... this product also comes with a granule in it to act as a slip resistent product... with this bedliner material you willnever have to run anything but stock tires... with carpet there are carpet tires (as oversea races are on carpet) and with the rubber roll out you will benefit from running foam tires and u will be flipping the products used as if you were running on a foam track... i dont have a link right now for bedliner or roofing material but as soon as i get it i will post for you...