PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho relaunches 3 bodies

Jorge_Jayena
2009.04.17, 04:26 AM
Hello!:D

Kyosho relaunches 3 bodies and puts them back on the market:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1962/imagephpv.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imagephpv.jpg)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9949/imdagephp.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imdagephp.jpg)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7231/imafdfgephp.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imafdfgephp.jpg)

From Jayena, Spain!

Pierro
2009.04.17, 05:21 AM
I was about to post the same new. :D

Great news for me as I really love the F40 and it's still missing in my collection!

soulstice
2009.04.17, 10:53 AM
i can't see anything for some reason. Could you identify which bodies are being rereleased?

babstar
2009.04.17, 11:13 AM
- Skyline R34 Police car
- Shelby Cobra Cabriolet (Blue/white)
- Ferrari F40 Red

:)

2EZ
2009.04.17, 11:33 AM
I love the Cobra!!! PN's new mount, this shell and Reflex's 90mm set up might make this fun to race. Now if Koysho will make 20's in the retro tires!

okoye
2009.04.17, 01:24 PM
YES!!!! now i can finally buy that police skyline and i can get an f40 cheap :D

Skv012a
2009.04.17, 03:49 PM
That reminds me, might get a white body Cobra for kicks and paint it metallic blue vs just boring gloss blue :D

soulstice
2009.04.17, 04:46 PM
YES!!!! now i can finally buy that police skyline and i can get an f40 cheap :D

It'll be interesting to see how they price these new-old bodies. If they at the $30 price point then maybe the $50 bodies are not a permanent condition. If they are $50 then it looks like autoscale collecting is going to become a prohibitively expensive hobby.

okoye
2009.04.17, 05:36 PM
yea it means though that id have to spend a ton just to chopup an f40 :|

Roger
2009.04.18, 04:23 PM
Kyosho is known to do this from time to time. They'll take a bunch of popular bodies out of the market and re-release them. I remember when kyosho took away the McClaren bodies ( orange, silver, black uno-clinic, gulf, and the white body ). People were paying top dollar on the bay from 50-120 bucks. Now, you can get them pretty easily; espeically the orange body but not fure of the othters. Simple econonics; supply and demand.

arch2b
2009.04.18, 04:35 PM
yes, you are correct. they do often re-release high demand bodies but it's due to low production runs more than capitalizing on past hits. it's actually rare to see classic bodies like the f40 get re-released unless changes were made. i believe there were two versions of the f40 already. the 1st had trackwidth issues i think it was which lead to the 2nd corrected release.

most of the time re-releases are also done with new launches such as the gloss coat line. now your likely to see some done with the fine hand polished line. it doesn't mean they are the exact same product, just the same body in the current production style. a rare gloss coat is still a rare gloss coat. same goes for the 1st generation no polished bodies. now we have yet another prefix for collectors to track, fine hand polished. a collector will argue there is a big difference between 1st gen and gloss coat.

kyosho also changed product number prefix's a couple times. your likely able to date a body in a general time frame just by the product number prefix on the case.

Roger
2009.04.18, 05:47 PM
Yeah, you're totally right about the gloss coat. I have a bunch of first gen bodies that are shiny, but not as shiny as the ones we see today.

boohoo
2009.04.22, 03:47 PM
found a shop selling all three bodys so ordered two police cars. they are going for 42 dollars with out shipping so they will be roughly 50 dollars

wight
2009.04.22, 04:13 PM
i believe there were two versions of the f40 already. the 1st had trackwidth issues i think it was which lead to the 2nd corrected release.

I was not aware of this.I have a generation 1 F40 which I use as a runner and an mr02 version in a box new.
However I am running the old body on an mr02 using the appropriatte wheels whilst the body in the case has the mr01 wheels.Do you know what the track issues were with this body?

Always liked the Cobra,however I've always suspected it may be overscale,is this so?

The Skyline police car is a great addition,especially for those who like F&F Tokyo drift.

matxr4ti
2009.04.29, 07:53 AM
hi boohoo can u post the link which u order the skyline please
i try to find it but no luck
thank

Skv012a
2009.05.01, 06:51 AM
The Skyline police car is a great addition,especially for those who like F&F Tokyo drift.

I would LOVE to see the cops in FnF3 actually use Rs lol. Would've been a whole different movie :D

piper1944
2009.05.03, 02:45 PM
nice.............................

wwwace
2009.05.14, 09:27 PM
Hi all,

Does anybody know where the re-released Cobra Autoscale Body Set is still available ?
Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Werner

marc
2009.06.29, 12:19 PM
About re-issuing popular bodies. I was just browsing Hobby Japan on ebay and noticed that they now have in stock, the pearl white Murcielago which is one I've always wanted, and they have in stock, at least 4 each of the popular pearl yellow and pearl green Murcielago's! Great thing is, prices are only at 34 dollars each! However, I think that since these new bodies are of the fine Hand-Polished type, I don't think they'll take away the high-prices of the gloss-coated versions that people have been hunting for for the past two years.
I was very pleased to see that we can now easily and cheaply get our beloved AutoScales once again. Sadly, I doubt they will re-issue the black one. :(

arch2b
2009.06.29, 12:50 PM
the white murcs are in the shop here already...:p

marc
2009.06.29, 03:10 PM
Yes, I've ordered one! Are we also going to get the pearl yellow and pearl green ones as well? I'd love to have those two also. I've had two yellow's and four blacks in the past, but I've never had a green one before. I'm anxiously waiting for the pearl white beauty!
Wonder if they'll do a Dnano version?

arch2b
2009.06.29, 03:25 PM
there are green and yellow murc in thier lineup. unless others are out of frame in this picture, i have not seen any other colors.

the Gallardo looks better in my opinion.

marc
2009.06.29, 09:57 PM
As I said, Hobby Japan on ebay does have both the yellow and green ones in stock. So that's why I was wondering if/when Mini-ZRacer will have theme. I'd like to get all three eventually......................maybe.

marc
2009.07.07, 04:47 PM
I received my Pearl White Murcielago and I love it! It is absolutely beautiful! I really see no difference between the two paint jobs except for the fact that the black details are more flat than they were with the gloss coat's.
The Murcielago is gorgeous in pearl white and I'll be happy to post pic's of it soon under the appropriate thread. I'm tempted to purchase more when the time is right! I hope they don't limit these run's and I hope they will be readily available in the future!
I did not see any swirl marks associated with hand-polishing.
Thank you Mini-ZRacer for your fast delivery!

Mania
2009.08.29, 11:34 PM
I always wondered: what's that clear thingie on the hood of Japanese police cars supposed to be?

Bug deflectors?

addicted
2009.08.30, 06:42 AM
this police car is fantastic, does anyone know where i can get it?

digger
2009.08.30, 07:24 AM
hobby_japan has them on the bay :)