PDA

View Full Version : 2009 F1 build

wwwes
2009.04.28, 07:46 AM
After seeing all of the great looking cars on the mia site I am going to "try" and build a 2009 ferrari....don't give me too grief I hope they will bounce back after a dismal start. Anyway to the question....for 2009 all the cars are running slicks....any idea what would be a good starting point for this on rcp? I know that kyosho 30 fronts and 20 rears are a good starting point but they are grooved. Are the pn slicks close to the kyosho performance...and if so what do I use for the front?

wwwes
2009.04.28, 08:47 AM
oh and I will post pics of the build.

-J-
2009.04.28, 09:01 AM
oh and I will post pics of the build.

That would be good. :p

wwwes
2009.04.28, 10:04 AM
did a little research.

Atomic makes slicks...I have very little exposure to these are they ok?

Kyosho makes a 35 front slick anyone use these before?

soyverde
2009.04.28, 12:05 PM
did a little research.

Atomic makes slicks...I have very little exposure to these are they ok?

Kyosho makes a 35 front slick anyone use these before?

Good luck finding the Kyosho 35's, they're discontinued. :D

I haven't heard great things about the Atomics, thus I haven't tried them yet.

If you're building this for show, don't worry about the performance. If you plan on racing it, don't box yourself into a certain look for a set of tires (unless everyone else you're racing is restricted the same way, as in F1...that might make for an interesting club race).

wwwes
2009.04.28, 02:15 PM
Actually to race. I just got a set of Kyosho 35 fronts and pn 8 rears in the mail. I just wanted to know if there were any other options.

akura2
2009.10.20, 05:41 PM
Any more news?

Cherub1m
2009.10.21, 11:50 AM
Actually to race. I just got a set of Kyosho 35 fronts and pn 8 rears in the mail. I just wanted to know if there were any other options.

I don't know where people are getting these 35 degree kysoho tires, I've also heard of 25 degree kysoho tires for the F1 (never found them). But anyway. I've found that Kyosho 40 fronts and Kyosho 20 rears work great the rear end stays planted. If you want more steering kyosho 30 fronts will help with that. I guess kyosho 35s maybe a nice option too (if one can find it):D. I've never tried the PN 8s I've tried the PN 6s to me they seem to have less grip then the kysoho 20 F1 tires (However, I found for the MR02 the PN 6s have more grip then the K20s) maybe I need to scuff them up some more to get the grip. I just recently brushed the dust off my F1 picked it up off my shelf and did a few laps, and doing some testing and tuning. I love that chassis. If people would just put a nice front bumper to protect the front wheels (not the atomic one it breaks to easily and does not provide enough front wheel protection) they would have a great time running that chassis.

If you want to use PN tires then I would consider PN 20s on the front, no lower then 15s to start (the F1 generates a lot front grip) then try the PN 8s in the rear, I personaly would try the PN 6s in the rear and PN 20s or 15s in the front (I would try PN 20s first)

Never tried the Atomic F1 tires so can't help you there.

good luck.

wwwes
2009.10.26, 06:55 AM
I atually have a Brawn Gp in the final stages of build. Unfortunately the slick tire idea does not perform well enough to be competetive. So 30 front and 20 rear grooves will be run with the current car. I will post pics once the rear narrowed wing is finished this week.

wwwes
2010.01.14, 09:37 AM
Long time no updates. Well here is a pic with a stock rear wing. The body is sold to one of my club members.