PDA

View Full Version : Action RC Summernationals: July 18th!!!

ActionRC
2009.04.29, 01:45 PM
The 2009 Action RC Mini Speedway Summernationals!

It's that time of year again! If you've been to our previous Summernationals and Winternationals, you know what to expect: Intense racing, awesome prizes, Miss Action RC, and lots of fun! This year, the race will be moved to after the school year to avoid any end-of-the-year school conflicts, which had been an issue in the past, and after the first two weeks of the summer vacation rush, when some people were not able to make it because they go away during the first two weeks of July. Hopefully, you can all make it. Here's the details:

DATE: July 18th, 2009
TIME: 9:00am practice, 12:00pm racing
CLASSES: ARCMS Stock, ARCMS MR015, and a "VOTED IN" third class!

Submit your vote for the third class via email to me by June 19th! Modified Mini-Z Monster? 70 Turn Overland? 90mm MR015? Want to bring back an old favorite class? Have an idea for a new one? Whatever you want to vote for, let me know and we'll narrow it down for a final vote. We'll run the majority vote for the Summernationals! As always, this will be a great event, so register soon!

Feel free to contact me with any questions, and of course, register as soon as possible for the Summernationals. Spots fill up quickly, and will only be officially held for you with prepayment.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU VERY SOON!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
101M Ellis Street
Staten Island, NY 10307
www.actionRCspeedway.com
718-317-5420

J-Milz
2009.04.29, 06:42 PM
Hey Al,
Im excited about the Summer Nationals! You can definetly count us in. I would love to see an overland class with mini jumps and woops. Especially since I just put 2.4 ghz into it.

MINIz guy11
2009.05.01, 06:25 AM
Open Overland class has my vote! Electronics should be open, but a motor limit would be fine.

EMU
2009.05.01, 11:28 AM
Modified pan car ;)

Modified F1... PN 33t/35t or ATM T2/Z2/Chili...

Overland bodies, on racers... A lot of modification will be needed... but it should be fun.

SaiTam
2009.05.01, 01:16 PM
90mm MR015 Modified hatchback class!!!

Hopefully this will generate some intereset and a lot of bodies/motors/motor mount sales.

jackg
2009.05.01, 01:49 PM
Modified pan car ;)

Modified F1... PN 33t/35t or ATM T2/Z2/Chili...

Overland bodies, on racers... A lot of modification will be needed... but it should be fun.

mod. pan car would be great. we may need crab nets to catch the flying cars :eek: -j

bermbuster
2009.05.01, 06:02 PM
90mm MR015 Modified hatchback class!!!

Hopefully this will generate some intereset and a lot of bodies/motors/motor mount sales.

this is the class I want....:D

ActionRC
2009.05.05, 11:27 AM
For the Summernats', so far the top choices sent to me have been 90mm and, believe it or not, Monster! Sai has a great point about 90mm in that it is a great way for the shop to sell some rears and some bodies that we otherwise have not used much before. The Monster class, which would be an unlimited mod class just for the fun of it, would just be crazy fun!

I actually heard a rumor yesterday from a very good source that the MR015 ASF chassis might be discontinued by Kyosho. What lousy news to hear now considering that the 90mm PN rear is finally available, and people might want to build a second MR015 so as not to mess up a good one they may already have at 94mm. Monsters are coming down in price, so I'm kind of split in my mind which one I would like to run. Imagine if part of your race registration for Monster were to bring some kind of obstacle to put on the track? It really would be fun, and a great way to try something completely different.

Saturday racing was really great, and the points battles are coming down to the wire! (Check the website for points standings.)

Stock - Division 1: I am only one point up on Eugene for the Championship! I am finally good! I actually switched from the Corvette to the Aston Martin to try to gain a little stability, and I certainly did. The AM has the smoothness of a 98mm, and the agility of the Vette. I love it, even though Cody beat me. (I was on the lead lap!)

Stock - Division 2: Tom Sr is only one point up on Jack! Stock Championships are completely up in the air!

MR015 - Division 1: Eugene is only 2 points up on me and Tom P, who are tied for second, and Nat is only one point back to me and Tom! The top four have a shot! Very close!

MR015 - Division 2: Crop is slightly ahead of Jack, but Crop could afford one more Drop and Jack needs to run this week, and run well, to have a chance at catching Crop.

Pan Car: Eugene is five points up on Tom P, and Crop is only one point back to Tom, and I am only one point back to Crop. I think Eugene has this one, but the battle for second between three drivers who are not known to go easy on each other should be CRAZY!!! This might be the highlight of the evening!

As you can see, every race is going to be exciting this Saturday for our points finale! I cannot wait to practice tonight, and get my NASCAR ready for next week!!!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

MINIz guy11
2009.05.05, 08:37 PM
Monsters sounds as fun as Overlands too. Now I just have to get some aluminum shock mounts to fix up my Monster before racing, and transplant my Overland electronics. Or, would a Overland/Monster unlimited class be an option for those that don't have working Monsters?

minittrackmann
2009.05.05, 08:57 PM
90mm 015!!!!!

I have been dying to try the mini cooper. That is considered a hatchback, correct?

!!!!!!!!!

bermbuster
2009.05.05, 09:07 PM
Me and miniberm cast our official votes for a mini monster class....
we have 90mm 015s too but the lure of actually racing our mini monsters....
lets break em out....heck even a overland/monster class will be a lot of fun....
however the vote goes down we are prepared....:D

EMU
2009.05.05, 09:16 PM
I have one HUGE problem... My MZM and OL are packed in boxes... and have stacked AM electronics. :p

J-Milz
2009.05.06, 12:15 AM
Hey Al you know where my vote stands. I have been asking for a Monster Jam for some time now! You dont even need a CORE system to count the winner or lap times. Just set up some cars in a figure 8 type track so there is a level of skill required to race and the winner can be judged by eye. And, hell if its too close to call- have a race off like in drifting! I can hear the banjo's playing already! Yee HAW!!!!

My second choice for the race is a "run what you brung" time attack course with jumps, bumps, soda can slaloms, see saw, obstacle course and road pile ups. If you wanna launch your 015 with the GTR body off a ramp. Cool!! Wanna use a lithium powered monster. Fine!!! How about an overland with lego tires? Bring It!!! It would lighten up the atmosphere during the race, and not to mention be fun as hell!

k_bojar
2009.05.06, 06:29 AM
90mm 015!!!!!

I have been dying to try the mini cooper. That is considered a hatchback, correct?

!!!!!!!!!

if that would be legal, I'd vote for the 015 90mm class :)

or else I could just run my FIT

Davey G
2009.05.06, 07:55 AM
Mod pan car please........;)

ActionRC
2009.05.06, 01:34 PM
Thank you to everyone for your incredibly valuable input. So far, MR015 90mm and now the Monster/Overland class are leading the votes. I have to say that, in my own opinion, the M/O Class makes sence for a one day event. Here's why: We can run 90mm as the next race class for 8 weeks after NASCAR roacourse. It's a perfect class to add to the great classes we currently RACE. The M/O class would be better for a one-day event as a fun addition to the day, and probably not for a complete points series. I have been really suprised to hear how many people have M's and O's already, but just never run them - myself included. Hearing some of the ideas that people have had for obstacles we can quickly put on and take off the track for this class has been fueling the fun factor tremendously, and I think in these times we could all use some straight-up FUN! (Remember - we'll still be racing two other classes all-out and hardcore that day as well.)

Keep your thoughts coming! We still have some time to decide and come up with the best choice. Thank you again to everyone who has shared their opinions.

Al
ARCMS

PS - Dave: We all know too well that YOU already have a Monster! Hahaha! (For those who don't recall, Dave, in addition be beating our butts in every class, also won the random grand prize raffle at the 08 Summernatonals!)

ActionRC
2009.05.06, 01:37 PM
Eugene - It might to time to break out the MZM from storage! Stacked FETS are encouraged for this class - if we do run it. It'll be an unlimited class - so whatever you want to it!

Jamil - You are hilarious!

Anyone ever try mounting large tires on an AWD chassis? Hmmmm....:rolleyes:

Al
ARCMS

MINIz guy11
2009.05.06, 04:51 PM
When will the final decision be for this last class? End of May? I need to know so I can start planning my return. :D

ActionRC
2009.05.08, 10:36 AM
The latest we would decide what the 3rd class will be is June 19th, but I will announce it sooner if it looks like we have a clear choice before then. I'll give as much notice as possible, but at the very least you'll have one day short of a month to get ready. The race right now is mostly between "Unlimited Monster/Overland" and "90mm Wheelbase". 90mm as it's being discused now, potentially, would include standard MR015 chassis' and narrowed MR02 chassis'.

I'll keep everyone posted! Register soon!

Al

Scrapper
2009.05.08, 04:37 PM
shawty got low

J-Milz
2009.05.10, 10:04 PM
How about a MR01 vintage race for the Summer Nationals? Old school bodies like pre 70's and 70t motor? The vintage 70/70 race at Action. I like it!!

ActionRC
2009.05.12, 01:52 PM
Jamil: The greatest class ever would be late 60's - early 70's SCCA Trans Am Series cars - the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. This was the greatest era of American road course racing. Unfortunately, telling this to Kyosho over the last five years has fallen on deaf ears. I cannot imagine that I am the only one telling them that this is what everyone wants, but let your opinion be known to them and shoot them an email. Unfortunately for us, I cannot run a class that there are no bodies for, and modifying model cars, while possible, is a lot of work to have them get bashed up. - Al

Update: Monster/Overland still leading the votes over 90mm Short Wheelbase.

Keep 'em coming!

Al

EMU
2009.05.12, 04:10 PM
Vote for 90mm here!!!

k_bojar
2009.05.13, 06:21 AM
if mine counts, I'll vote for 90mm as well :)

for a vitz and mini cooper that I really wanna run :D

ActionRC
2009.05.15, 09:40 AM
So far, 90mm and Monster/Overland are still neck and neck as the leaders. My personal opinion (which is NOT the deciding factor) is that I'd rather run M/O for the 'Nats. Two reasons:

1) It's a single event, so making the third class something completely out of the ordinary and REALLY FUN would be very cool.
2) You CAN run 90mm in the 015 class.
3) We can run 90mm as it's own class for a points series for 8 weeks.
4) Many people have M's and O's that have not been run for a while and are eager to run them.

Here's another one that popped up recently as a vote: LM w/ Kyosho LM bodies. Any wheel and stock-class motor. Break out those Pan car chassis' again???

Keep 'em coming!

Al

bermbuster
2009.05.16, 08:09 PM
Which one will win.....

EMU
2009.05.17, 03:37 AM
Which one will win.....

Your just trying to pick a fight, arent you :p How dare you do that to an f355.

90mm, LM, Monster... In order of preference. I would have to do TOO much work with the MZM to convert to 2.4ghz, it may not even be worth it...

bermbuster
2009.05.17, 08:20 AM
Your just trying to pick a fight, arent you :p How dare you do that to an f355.

90mm, LM, Monster... In order of preference. I would have to do TOO much work with the MZM to convert to 2.4ghz, it may not even be worth it...

Its all good...whatever we race. We are fortunate to have probably the best mini z racing in North America right here in metro NYC.....

My mini monster is still am....(hint...:p)

ActionRC
2009.05.19, 12:37 PM
Eugene - You know you CAN still run AM, right??? :D Run the truck as-is like we all would be doing and have fun with it!

George - AWESOME!!!

ActionRC
2009.05.27, 05:37 PM
NY/NJ Area Drivers: I know it's still early, but try to let me know soon if you'll be attending the Summernats'. I want to make sure I have enough spots for my regulars and NY area drivers. Many 'non-regular' drivers have contacted me for info.

PS: If you have not voted for the third class yet, let me know ASAP so I can formally announce it!

Thanks!
Al:D

ActionRC
2009.06.03, 04:40 PM
UPDATE: Monster/Overland gaining ground over 90mm!

Al
ARCMS

J-Milz
2009.06.03, 05:04 PM
I really wanted to get my OL to handle a little better last night to influence the discision of the Summer nationals class. When I left last night I put 30 wht oil, stiffer springs, and put shims in the front shocks to slam it down a bit. She's not as top heavy as she was before, and in fact it didn't tip at all on my mini 96 track. (Perhaps, because I cant get up to speed on the smaller track)?

Anyway boys, get them trucks ready, cause I saw something in Al's eyes last night!

bermbuster
2009.06.03, 07:16 PM
I really wanted to get my OL to handle a little better last night to influence the discision of the Summer nationals class. When I left last night I put 30 wht oil, stiffer springs, and put shims in the front shocks to slam it down a bit. She's not as top heavy as she was before, and in fact it didn't tip at all on my mini 96 track. (Perhaps, because I cant get up to speed on the smaller track)?

Anyway boys, get them trucks ready, cause I saw something in Al's eyes last night!

GF racing is ready for some MM action....:D

minittrackmann
2009.06.03, 08:16 PM
Im going to try and have a 90mm built by then..

Forget the OL!!!! loll

ActionRC
2009.06.05, 03:13 PM
...cause I saw something in Al's eyes last night!

I think it was the Dremeled bits of your BMW front bumper! Hahaha!:eek:

Davey G
2009.06.05, 03:37 PM
Got any pics of the layout with the jumps on it or any vid? I won an overland at last yrs summer nats that I never opened. I would def be up for this. I did see somewhere it was open class.... :D

Can u hear the dremel buzzin???? :)

ActionRC
2009.06.10, 09:17 AM
Dave - We never really ran this track with jumps on it, other than Magic sending his MR02 flying into the wall a few years back off of a skateboard jump! We used to run Overland at the old track, and had many obstacles built for them, but we never ran them at the new (4 year old!) location. (You won a Monster by the way - not an Overland!) We ran Overland at a PN Race in Long Island in 2005, and it was a lot of fun. The obstacles included clothes pins and straws glued to cardboard, jumps, tabletops, and all kinds of crazy things, and it really was a lot of fun.

OPEN CLASS IT IS (OR WOULD BE, I SHOULD SAY, IF THAT IS THE CHOSEN CLASS!) Overland, Monster, any motor, board, etc - have fun with it! (I guess my only rule would be that you have to run a large tire - not an MR02 tire - on an Overland.) The LM tires on the Overland look really cool, and work well, but I still think a Monster would get around the track better. I'm not sure, but I know it will be FUN!

So you're coming to the Summernats'?

Al

MINIz guy11
2009.06.10, 04:16 PM
Hurray! I've made that day open, will surely be attending!

Scrapper
2009.06.14, 09:17 AM
make up your mind please i know theres 015 and 02 stock but i dont know if there is 90 or overland in which case id run 90

the porsche 935 is 90 right

minittrackmann
2009.06.14, 09:19 AM
90mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ftw:eek::p

jackg
2009.06.14, 12:34 PM
i vote mini z tractor/trailers with a model loading dock to back into. :D -j

CDR racing
2009.06.14, 01:54 PM
make up your mind please i know theres 015 and 02 stock but i dont know if there is 90 or overland in which case id run 90

the porsche 935 is 90 right

hmm stugotz pressuring people to make up their mind? interesting. lol

ActionRC
2009.06.16, 01:54 PM
Stugotz (a.k.a. Mr. Organized),

The Porsche is 86mm. I just found that out too, unfortunately, as I always thought it was 90mm and really wanted to run it when we run the 90mm class with the new PN 90-94 rear. I would still let it run when we run the 90mm class as an RM 86mm.

See you soon!

Al

ActionRC
2009.06.18, 11:08 AM
The third class will be announced after Saturday's points racing, so if you have not voted for your decision yet, do it soon!

Monster/Overland
90mm MR015/MR02
Formula 1
LM Body (Porsche, Mazda)
TRP Renault Spec (See ARCMS recent posts)
NASCAR Oval
NASCAR Roadcourse

...any others?

We have lots to choose from, but we must start preparing, so this is the last week to cast your vote!

Email me!

Al
info@actionRCspeedway.com
www.actionRCspeedway.com

J-Milz
2009.06.18, 11:39 AM
The latest we would decide what the 3rd class will be is June 19th, but I will announce it sooner if it looks like we have a clear choice before then. I'll give as much notice as possible, but at the very least you'll have one day short of a month to get ready. The race right now is mostly between "Unlimited Monster/Overland" and "90mm Wheelbase". 90mm as it's being discused now, potentially, would include standard MR015 chassis' and narrowed MR02 chassis'

I love the smell of drama on Mini Z forums in the morning!

ActionRC
2009.06.19, 02:50 PM
HAHAHA!

Jamil - Are you racing this weekend? You missed some AWESOME racing last Saturday and both days this week!

Thank you for re-stating my time-frame information for Stugotz. Sometimes he's a little, well, Stugotz.

Miss you Stu!:D

J-Milz
2009.06.22, 12:27 AM
And the winner is?..............................

Scrapper
2009.06.22, 12:42 AM
i have to double check that i can get a ride there for summernats since sai probably isnt going

ActionRC
2009.06.22, 04:07 PM
Drumroll.......

And the winner for the third class is OVERLAND/MONSTER!!! More people that are actually coming and registered voted for O/M. This class is going to be so much fun. I love my Monster, and I'll get my Overland running smoothly for this event too. One rule to registering for O/M - you must bring at least one obstacle! Cardboard with stuff glued to it, a jump - anything. Just try to make something that doesn't flake apart so that the track could stay clean.

Just bring something to drive over! It's going to be a lot of fun, and the more obstacles, the better!

Scrapper
2009.06.22, 04:10 PM
al do you have high grip overland tires

al sign me up for overland 015, and 02

Al you should change 02 to 2wd stock so people could run their 015s in it

for instance my 015 corvette handles beautifully and

what is the current number of people going and could you pm the names to me

bermbuster
2009.07.05, 08:26 PM
Im working on our Mini Monsters and I was curious as to where will we put the transponders? Will they read under the body??? Almost 4 " off the rcp....
or will we have to turn the core cards into skid plates....:cool:

ActionRC
2009.07.06, 09:30 AM
George - I think they'll work in the body, but we'll try some this week to be sure. If not, well put them under the chassis. I know the cards work fine in the Overand, and the Monster sits a little higher, but I'll test it to be sure.

Looking forward to the big race! - Al

SaiTam
2009.07.06, 10:11 AM
Al, do you accept walk in registration? I'm unsure about next Saturday.

ActionRC
2009.07.07, 02:37 PM
For my friend Sai, absolutely.

minittrackmann
2009.07.08, 10:35 AM
Looks like I wont be making thisone. I leave for Florida in the morning tomorrow and wont be back until the 21st. Have fun guys!

Cody

bermbuster
2009.07.08, 01:51 PM
Looks like I wont be making thisone. I leave for Florida in the morning tomorrow and wont be back until the 21st. Have fun guys!

Cody

The Benny is going to Florida......:D

jackg
2009.07.08, 02:41 PM
Al...I will register thurs. night
Al...I will be running stock class
Al...I will have the most amazing quesadillas availible as a permanent new item
Al... should I buy a Chrysler?
Al...is there a purpose to being or is existance a brilliant fleeting distraction?
Al...there's a radio in my fingernail....
-j

ActionRC
2009.07.10, 11:06 PM
Jack's getting as difficult to interpret as Stugotz! :D

Scrapper
2009.07.10, 11:21 PM
al i found a prob with overland class
i was running during practice at nyrc and found out that the height of the overland or monster is too high to get scanned by the lap counter
it wouldnt count and yes the same transponder counted with an awd

ActionRC
2009.07.14, 02:20 PM
Stu - we'll probably be running cards under the chassis, so everything should be fine. I'm testing more tonight. Thanks for the info.

So this is the last week to get ready for the Summernationals! We have some more last minute entrees, so we should have a really good day. Don't forget that this is a day race, not a night race. Doors open at 9, racing starts at 12! I still have some room for some more last minute racers, so if you have not registered yet, please let me know if you'd like to attend!

See you all during the week for practice! A totally new layout will be down for the 'Nats!

jackg
2009.07.14, 02:33 PM
The SummerNats will be awesome. My new bright yellow corvette is looking good (not driving good- just looking). Macho Nacho will be on site and ready to go 9 am. Authentic taco and burritos. Sabrett hotdogs and burgers and of course potato salad:) . Thanks in advance to Al- Every race at ActionRC Minispeedway, Staten Island, NYC is always packed with giveaways and prizes which really makes it a special event. I'm looking foward to racing and can't wait:D -j
P.S. sorry in advance to Sr. since we always end up door to door at these things. the 'vette is a bit of a tank in traffic...:eek:

ActionRC
2009.07.15, 10:23 AM
We had a few more late entrees sign-up last night, so again, if you haven't registered yet, please let me know. I would like to have the computer ready to go by 11am on Saturday. (I hate planning summer races! No one knows what they're doing until they 1) check other plans, and 2) check the 5 day forecast!) I'm ready to go to Early-Spring and Late-Fall Nationals!

Jack - How do I get on your list of pre-apologies? Hahahaha!

Don't forget: Anyone running Overland / Monster, please bring some kind of small (or big?) obstacle? I'll have some as well, but the more, the better. Something quick and easy to move, and that doesn't make a mess. Thanks!

In addition to our excellent choices from Macho Nacho, bagels and juice will be served at 9am - on the house!

See everyone soon!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

EMU
2009.07.19, 12:09 AM
Great race. Lots of good action... Monster was definitely a fun class, but the obstacles were a little too extreme at times. Marshalls definitely got their workouts for the month.

At first I thought the race was too early... but afterwards, I was able to meet my brothers and a few friends for dinner and drinks, which was great since I rarely get the opportunity to spend time with them all together, especially on a Saturday.

jackg
2009.07.19, 07:22 AM
Great race Sat. .The track was an interesting mix of very open sections and very tight technical sections. my car looked ok for about the first 2 minutes of the event-then I began the worst day mechanically I have ever had. First a capacitor lead was loose once that was fixed I had a problem with my wheels getting stuck at full right turn. I seemed to happen in the same section of the track and also I may have had glitching w/ the 2.4 . Crop may have had the same glitch problem in the same part of the layout. wierd :eek: -j

bermbuster
2009.07.19, 08:23 AM
Guys we has a great time at the SummerNats...
Frankie and I had a great time like always....
My C main battle was intense..... trying to beat Sammy and not losing to Frankie....:D

I want to thank Al for putting on an awesome race looking forward to future events and the Mini Monster Class!!!!

Scrapper
2009.07.19, 09:59 AM
as always berm its pretty equal racing with you

im just glad i got pic wit ann marie

shes hot

GIHOSU
2009.07.19, 12:22 PM
Thanks to Al and to everyone who was able to make it. This was the first Summer or WinterNat event that I was able to attend. I'll be attending the WinterNats, that was fun.

I didn't see the posts with the shots of the new setup so it was a surprise to me. If Tom hates it I usually like it. I think that was a great setup, very fast in the fast sections and very challenging with all the transitions. The sweepers after the straight were so fun to fly through. The twisties were tight and you had to hit them right to keep any kind of speed. Another great track setup...

Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to all the guys in the stock B-main for a clean and fast race. Marty, you really gave me a run for 1st, Lambo v. Lambo! I'm glad your car was an easy color to see on the track, I was trying to keep track of you. We have been racing really closely for weeks now. I really had to drive to stay in front for the last minute even though I didn't want to push too hard, and that finish line looked like the MO course with that huge pile up in the final turn before the finish line. I really had to pick my way through carefully to get to the loop first without nailing anyone. That was fun...

MO was nuts! The big tabletop jump was almost 4 times the height of my Escaload, luckily I race some off road so I was often able to smoothly downside the jump and save the Marshals (bless you all and THANK YOU, I did say just kick it...) some grief. Phil was out there, bulging disks and all. I hope you can still move Man! I think that trophy should spend a week in every MO driver's house, George and Frankie can keep it for 2! That's how the Stanley Cup is loved, and that Main was more like a hockey game than a race. Every lap was like a shift on the ice, I could have used a seat, a towel and some water. For the next MO race I'll bring some of my old sticks for us to marshal with. I take a few of my brother's old one's too so there are lefts and rights.

Thanks to Jack for that picture perfect Quesadilla, Stu asked if I was going to finish it. He tried :p

I'm looking forward to next Saturday, the Points Series wrap-up should be another fun night.

Oh and Al, keep on letting me win Nascar decals in Action raffles. Hooters always love company, I'll need 2 more Monte Carlo white bodies now...

Scrapper
2009.07.19, 12:26 PM
ive won a trophy at every nat event i have attended

i am reighning summer nat c main champion

jackg
2009.07.19, 01:22 PM
Stu talking sh__!! wow do I have to work on my car...:rolleyes: -j

Davey G
2009.07.19, 01:36 PM
Pics pics pics....???

GIHOSU
2009.07.19, 01:49 PM
Stu's got 'em...

ActionRC
2009.07.20, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone! What a great day Saturday was. So many great races, and lots of laughs as always. Thank you to all of you who came out and enjoyed this layout and the event. I had a great time, and we will be sure to plan an amazing Winternational event as well! The layout is still down, and we'll run it this week, including the points series wrap-up this coming Saturday. It should be a great night of racing!

Eugene - I was a little nervous about starting early, too, but I didn't want to run it too late and kill everyone's day and night. We actually had company at my house on a Saturday night, which is unheard of! (If I did not have company, I was ready for a Saturday night enduro!) It's nice to shake up the schedule every once in a while and give people a chance to do something they haven't done in a while, so I am glad it worked out for everyone.

George and Frankie - Thanks for coming. It was a pleasure having you both, as always.

Stugotz - Congrats on your trophy, and moreso, on your chance to take another picture with Miss Action RC.

Shafiq and Eugene - M/O was awesome! I had so much fun! I learned alot about how to make some obstacles for next time (because there WILL be a next time!!!) Both of my trucks (Adam, Johnathan, and Phil ran my extra) were 6 tooth stockers with locked diffs set up for crawling, which made them very slow, but they were steady and made it over every obstacle. I got pretty good at landing the jumps, and I cannot wait until next time!

Jack - Thanks for the excellent grub, as always. ARCMS absolutely has the best track food!

Dave - I'll have pics up soon. Mike put some vid's up on youtube already. If anyone has any good pics please send them to me. The more the better!

I'll have a full write-up soon!

Thanks again, everyone, for an awesome event and a really fun day!

ActionRC
2009.07.20, 10:35 AM
I didn't see the posts with the shots of the new setup so it was a surprise to me. If Tom hates it I usually like it. I think that was a great setup, very fast in the fast sections and very challenging with all the transitions. The sweepers after the straight were so fun to fly through. The twisties were tight and you had to hit them right to keep any kind of speed. Another great track setup...

Shafiq - Just to clear up something you said that could lead to HUGE and unnecessary controversy, NO ONE saw the layout until 9am Saturday morning. There were no pictures posted, unless someone was at my door at 3am with a camera and I just didn't see them. It was a surprise to everyone. I was the only one who saw it, and even I didn't drive it Friday night after I put it down, so NO ONE drove it or saw it until the morning of the race. Just want to make sure everyone knows that there were no posted pictures of this layout prior to the event!

GIHOSU
2009.07.20, 01:20 PM
I wasn't on the computer the morning of, it was a very early start for the drive. I just didn't get a chance to see. I figured a few had an idea of what they were getting into before they arrived...

Anyway, one of the reasons I like racing at Action is the constant track changes, I think it makes us all better.

ActionRC
2009.07.20, 02:02 PM
I agree. I like to keep us all on our toes by changing the layouts. I wouldn't like if someone new came down and had to race against a bunch regulars who are very used to a certain track layout.

And again, NO ONE saw the track besides me prior to 9am, or had any idea what it would like like. (Heck, at 2 am even I didn't know what it would look like!) The only thing I had in my mind prior to the race was that I wanted that big wide hairpin at the end of the straight and a long inside straight. Other than that, I made it up as I went along. (I didn't tell anyone aboutt he straights, either!)

ActionRC
2009.07.21, 11:51 AM
If you missed the 2009 Action RC Mini Speedway Summernationals, you missed one incredible race event! The racing was exciting, the competition was fierce, and yet we all had a great time. What more could you ask for?

We ran three classes - Stock, MR015, and Monster/Overland. After three rounds of intense competition, here's how it all went down:

Stock A Main
Johnathan 45/8:07
Eugene 45/8:10
Phil 44/8:05
Tom P 41/8:05
Al 41/8:10
Nat 39/8:09.13
Crop 39/8:09.77

Congratulations to Johnathan for is A-Main victory, and another Nationals Championship. I don't think there has ever been a driver who could drive any car as well as he could - he is simply a natural. Eugene gave Johnathan an incredible run, even taking the lead 3/4 into the race, but Johnathan took it back over with 2 laps to go! Phil had a solid 3rd place run, Tom P and I battled the entire time for 4th spot in our own "A-Main Group 2" battle, and Nat and Crop finished just .6 seconds apart for 6th and 7th. Incredible race!

Stock B Main
Shafiq 39/8:04
Marty 39/8:06
Andrew 37/8:04
Mike S 36/8:02
Jack G 35/8:06
Adam 24/5:15
Tony L 16/8:05

Shafiq took top honors in the B-Main, narrowly defeating Marty by just 2 seconds after the long 8 minute battle. Andrew, who is usually near the top of the C, qualified well toward the front of the B on the starting grid, and led the race from laps 5-21! He was running incredibly well, but Shafiq and Marty were charging hard and eventually got by. Marty led lap 34, but Shafiq got by again, with Marty on his tail the entire time, and took the win. Jack led early on before Andrew took the lead. Mike was up to second, dropped to 6th, and came back up to 4th with a respectable run. Adam had a miserable run with all sorts of trouble, and Tony, who failed to qualify due to late arrival, won the C, which did not count, bounced up into the B, and then had trouble after 16 laps. It was a great race!

Stock C Main
Sam "Stugotz" Gotts 34/8:03
George B 33/8:10
Frankie B 32/8:03
Jamil 25/7:32
Deonte 22/8:02

Stugotzy my boy! Sam (aka Stugotz) only finished one lap down to Tony, but because of Tony's lack of qualifying, his win did not count, and Stugotz took the win. He beat George by one lap, who finished 2nd, but Jamil actually ran second to Tony for most of the race until Stugotz overtook him for the win. Jamil dropped down to 4th, and Deonte, who had all sorts of trouble, finished 6th. Frankie ran 5th most of the race, and bumped up to 4th toward the end. Jamil had to arrve late unfortunately, and this really hurt his chances of working on his car and getting it right for this layout. He's been qualifying well at times, and had a legit shot at the B if he had more time. Congrats to Stugotz for another Nationals Championship!

MR015 A Main
Eugene 45/8:05
Phil 45/8:07
Johnathan 44/8:08
Tom 42/8:11
Nat 40/8:08
Marty 40/8:11
Shafiq 33/8:09

Eugene and Phil battled hard all race, but Eugene narrowly took the win by only 1.5 seconds! Johnathan lost the lead lap at the very end, finishing 3rd. Phil lead almost the entire first half of the race, but Eugene took the lead on lap 19, keeping his eyes on the rear view mirror the entire time. Tom ran well as always, but had nothing for Johnathan, and Nat and Marty had nothing for Tom, but they battled each other for 5th the entire race, finishing just 2 seconds apart! Shafiq had lots of trouble on the second lap (66 seconds!), which destroyed his chances in an otherwise good day for his 015. Very exciting!

MR015 B Main
Al 37/8:01
Crop 37/8:07
Andrew 37/8:09
Mike S 36/8:00
Stugotz 31/8:05
Jamil 30/8:08
Adam 23/5:34
Deonte 14/7:37

The 015 B Main was an awesome race, with 4 cars battling for the lead the entire time! Al, Crop, Andrew and Mike all finished on the same lap, and all had a chance at this one. Mike actually lead the race from laps 3-29, but choked under the pressure of a hard charging battle for second right behind him between myself, Crop, and Andrew. Again, another amazing run for casual racer Andrew. Amazing skills for such an infrequent driver. Stugotz and Jamil battled for 5th the entire race, usual front-runner Adam had more trouble on lap 30 and fell out, and Deonte's 90 second lap on lap 4 ruined his chances at a successful run. Great job everyone!

Monster/Overland
Al 17/7:46
Crop 17/7:47
Johnathan 16/8:01
Eugene 14/7:34
Stugotz 14/7:50
Shafiq 13/7:31
Marty 13/7:47
Andrew 13/7:58
Frankie 12/7:42
Jamil 12/7:47
George 12/7:53

The Monster/Overland race was not just a race - it was an experience! The M/O class was the voted in 3rd class for the Summernationals, and the response to it was incredible. All of the drivers had so much fun hitting jumps, navigating around (or over!) obstacles, and bashing into each oher, and the 8 minutes of racing flew by! We definitely need to run an M/O enduro! Although the computer showed that I took the overall win, Crop actually passed me after time ran out on the clock, and really won the overall event with his BMW Overland at the finish line. I ran a VW Beetle Monster, and I think both types of vehicles had their advantages, making them run surprisingly very even to each other. Trophies were awarded for each type of truck. Stugotz had a TQ run in the 1st qualifier, and ran very well in his green Sai Tam Limited Edition Porsche. As you can see by the numbers of cars with similar finishing times, there were some serious battles for position, but the best thing about this race was getting air, clearing obstacles, avoiding other trucks, and having an absolute blast. M/O absolutely MUST be a third class for a points series in the future! Thank you to everyone who volunteer marshalled. As you can see in this YouTube video, it wasn't easy!

Monster/Overland Qualifier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFBzZzQcNw

Thank you to everyone who came down to race at this year's Action RC Mini Speedway Summernationals. It was another great event, I had a great time, and I hope you all did too. Thank you to Philip from PN Racing for donating some T-shirts for prizes. (Everyone took home a prize!)

This weekend is the wrap-up to the points series, and then we'll start a new one up again with a brand new class - Renault Body-Spec Class. (Any chassis, normal ARCMS rules for chassis.) Now we just need these bodies to clear customs and get here already!

See everyone this week for another exciting week of racing!

Thanks!

(PS - I THINK WE'LL WRAP UP THIS THREAD AND GO BACK TO THE REGULAR ACTION RC THREAD AT THIS POINT. IT'S EASIER TO KEEP TRACK OF ONE POST! THANKS!)

Scrapper
2009.07.24, 04:29 PM
leada leada leada

i think we should all thank al for putting on a show as always