PDA

View Full Version : dNaNo Racing

arch2b
2009.04.29, 07:50 PM
i just got my first dnano in the mail today. any others up for racing these at some point?

Skv012a
2009.04.29, 08:20 PM
Once I accumulate enough for the cheapest one or you give me that money/nano itself, then sure :D

Arch, try to adapt a 3.7V cellphone battery and post how that would work. Voltometer the stock and cell batts first to make sure they're compatible and such. I'd hate to buy the whole batt and charger on top of the lil bugger itself and I'm sure you and others would welcome cheaper, bigger fuel.

arch2b
2009.04.29, 08:37 PM
email me and i'll send you a copy of my bill. not all HT USA prices are the same so i don't want to cross anyone given the limited number of stores that carry these.

i ordered monday afternoon, i got the box wednesday afternoon. it was very easy, very friendly, very quick, fair prices. :) i'm ordering the rest of mine from them. i'm looking to get 4 total so we can race these at home. smaller, slower and track only hopefully will make these cheaper overall for the kids.

TALLGEESE
2009.04.29, 08:51 PM
After Soulstice let me drive his at the last HFAY event. I'm definitely planning on picking one up in the near future. I almost got one last month, but spent most of my money on new autoscales. Hopefully I should have one in the next two months.. When I do get one, I'm trying to race, maybe we can get you, me, Soulstice, Igor, and Ken to run Dnano's together sometime..

Arch, did you get your Dnano from the Hobbytown in Virginia Beach? How much was the shipping? I'm trying to find out just how much getting a Dnano is going to cost.

Arch, try to adapt a 3.7V cellphone battery and post how that would work. Voltometer the stock and cell batts first to make sure they're compatible and such. I'd hate to buy the whole batt and charger on top of the lil bugger itself and I'm sure you and others would welcome cheaper, bigger fuel.

Igor, Ken's already modified one of his Dnano's to run off of the Lipo batteries that come with the Blade MCX{micro cx}helicopter from E-Flite.. He told me that he gets good runtime from them, and they're a lot cheaper{8-9 bucks per battery} than the cell phone batteries, they're also a lot lighter than most cell-phone batteries out there as well..

arch2b
2009.04.29, 08:55 PM
shipping was $20 from the HT USA in virginia beach. it only took 2 days though via ups which isn't cheap to begin with. pick the right kit and you can easily save $20 in cost cover the shipping.

orders from kyosho to them i was told can be recieved in a matter of days as well which is very fast.

Sean Clark
HobbyTown USA
Virginia Beach, VA
757-306-4760

Skv012a
2009.04.29, 09:05 PM
Jeremy, problem would still be charging those, right? Besides saving on batteries, I'd love to use some USB 5$ junker instead of 50+ something.

TALLGEESE
2009.04.29, 09:43 PM
Jeremy, problem would still be charging those, right? Besides saving on batteries, I'd love to use some USB 5$ junker instead of 50+ something.

You just use the charger/charging base for the Blade MCX, it's only 20 dollars from E-Flite. All you need is the charger, and a male lead for the MCX battery pack to convert the car over, which can only be around two to five dollars each. That doesn't seem very expensive. There's also a ton of articles online to mod the stock MCX charger to be used with other power supplies if you don't want to spend a lot on batteries.

Skv012a
2009.04.29, 11:06 PM
Sounds good then. Another thing I was thinking- a lipo/ion with a control board would be better and safer than just regular juice pouches with wires coming out lol.

soulstice
2009.04.30, 10:02 AM
I'm down for running these. We will have to figure something out with the track though. From the little bit i've run these, i thought the car was understeering badly but it think it's more form catching air off of bumps and uneven tiles.

RCPMini-z
2009.04.30, 01:23 PM
I put some strips of tape on the underside of any of the tiles that caused the dNaNo to jump at the joints. I only needed to do this in a few locations. I did the same for Kyosho's booth tracks last year here in the US. The car ran very smooth on the track after this small modification.

F1Jet
2009.08.01, 09:06 AM
Hi guys: I want to know if the dnano radio can be binded with a separate receiver. Has anybody found a receiver? Speak up!

arch2b
2010.01.08, 08:24 PM
anyone going to ht usa in frederick to race? i still have not managed to make it up to the store to see the track.

arch2b
2010.01.10, 02:24 PM
i just ordered the motul autech for myself! who's up for some racing? where, when?

Mike Keely
2010.01.10, 03:29 PM
After Soulstice let me drive his at the last HFAY event. I'm definitely planning on picking one up in the near future. I almost got one last month, but spent most of my money on new autoscales. Hopefully I should have one in the next two months.. When I do get one, I'm trying to race, maybe we can get you, me, Soulstice, Igor, and Ken to run Dnano's together sometime..

Arch, did you get your Dnano from the Hobbytown in Virginia Beach? How much was the shipping? I'm trying to find out just how much getting a Dnano is going to cost.

Igor, Ken's already modified one of his Dnano's to run off of the Lipo batteries that come with the Blade MCX{micro cx}helicopter from E-Flite.. He told me that he gets good runtime from them, and they're a lot cheaper{8-9 bucks per battery} than the cell phone batteries, they're also a lot lighter than most cell-phone batteries out there as well..
Saint has 2 that are new that he wants to sell. PM me if you want his number. He got some up-grades for them also.

ZBest
2010.01.10, 08:27 PM
When will the dnano be here for sale at Minizracer?

arch2b
2010.01.10, 08:30 PM
they actually have some 2nd market dnano's in the direct marketplace (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176) here but the shop cannot sell them until the hobby town exclusivity deal ends, if it ever does.

ZBest
2010.01.10, 08:40 PM
Cool thanks. what does 2nd market mean? Are the dnanos new?

arch2b
2010.01.10, 09:27 PM
2nd market means not the 1st or original owner. you will have to check the posts to see what the details are.

F1Jet
2010.01.11, 09:53 AM
Hi:
Sorry I didn't see your post first, but I ran some laps late on Sunday afternoon in Frederick. They remounted the antenna in a different location under the track, but it still needs adjustment because it misses high-speed cars passing over it. Also, the change caused a few kinks in the carpet that will need to be worked out.

But I just wanted to run some laps and try the radio adjustments. I was pleasantly surprised to find how very easy is was to reset the travel endpoints for steering and throttle, and braking.

On my cars, the steering was set high, far past the amount of available travel. The throttle can be adjusted to the point were the car has little acceleration. Likewise, the brakes can be almost completely deactivated.
I had some fun, but I will be out and about for the next few weeks.

Sinister_Y
2010.01.11, 11:43 AM
Arch2B,

What was the traction like on the Hobbytown track? How does it compare to RCP?

F1Jet
2010.01.11, 12:42 PM
The surface is completely different than RCP tiles. The upper layer is an open mesh of hard black interwoven fibers. It is like one of the surfaces of velcro. In fact, the wooden curbs have velcro attachments on their bottom surfaces to latch them to the track surface.

The traction of the surface is hard to estimate. I have not driven the dnano on anything but the Kyosho surface. My 911 had initial understeer with the stock tires. Ten and twenty degree tires greatly improved acceleration but the car began traction rolling in turns.

Anybody else have any ideals about the amount of traction?

arch2b
2010.01.11, 12:59 PM
i was an idiot and forgot to take my dnano with me:rolleyes:

JeremyC
2010.01.11, 01:43 PM
i was an idiot and forgot to take my dnano with me:rolleyes:

With all the recent dNaNo interest; you let us down!!!!

;p

arch2b
2010.01.19, 03:23 PM
please see HERE (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24418) for details.

anyone know poeple planning to attend? i'd hate to show up and be the only one after suggesting the fredrick store get in on the event.

JeremyC
2010.01.19, 06:35 PM
please see

Awesome! I am pretty sure I'm going to get a dNaNo.. Just trying to figure out the track :)

hilldebrandt
2010.01.19, 06:40 PM
Arch, isn't the Mushroom Bowl event in March?
Don't you mean the Dnano challenge will interfere with event #2 of HFAY in Feb. ?
Just checking....:D

arch2b
2010.01.19, 09:07 PM
your absolutely right. i asked what was scheduled for saturday vs. sunday as i don't plan on missing hfay.

Old Crow
2010.01.20, 07:47 AM
Can someone direct me to the information on the Mushroom Bowl event?

arch2b
2010.01.20, 11:33 AM
Can someone direct me to the information on the Mushroom Bowl event?

long thread but it's HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33433)

Old Crow
2010.01.20, 07:29 PM
Thanks Ray, sorry to hijack the thread.

arch2b
2010.01.23, 10:20 AM
my motul z arrived this week :)

JeremyC
2010.01.23, 10:26 AM
my motul z arrived this week :)

Is that a dNaNo or a Z?!?!?

arch2b
2010.01.23, 10:32 AM
it is a dnano :)

arch2b
2010.01.24, 10:00 AM
so, anyone go up to fredrick htu? bueller, bueller...