PDA

View Full Version : starting family racing again

arch2b
2009.05.01, 08:20 PM
anyone have kt-5 and or kt-18's? i'm going to start the kids racing again in july and i need to get transmitters.

i told brandon if he practices this summer he can race in amatuer class at nekocon this year. michael is still too young for nekocon but maybe the year after that.

each of the kids has an am mini-z and will have a dnano. i'm going to start them on the dnano and move them up to the mini-z later. my wife said she would race dnanos too so i plan on getting her one too.

shimey
2009.05.01, 08:28 PM
A little pricey, but all in one place. http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31337

arch2b
2009.05.01, 08:32 PM
yep, i saw that. my friends would give them too me :) in a bid to clear space, i gave all mine away last year. the kids were not interested in rc's at the time.

pedrocamp
2009.05.01, 08:42 PM
Wish I could help you out but it's cool you can get all the kids racing, my wife wouldn't touch a controller! Look forward to seeing you, and your son, again at the Nekocon. My son hasn't raced since this passed Neko, but he said he wants to go to the PN Reg in SC so maybe there is hope yet.

I have a HT that is suppossed to get a dNaNo track about a half mile from my house, hopefully Kyosho will get them a track soon. That would make for fun family racing.

Pedro

arch2b
2009.05.01, 08:51 PM
brandon keeps asking to go to races with me but he's not nearly good enough to put a car on a public track again. the wii stole a good 2 years of racing from him.

TALLGEESE
2009.05.01, 09:46 PM
Arch, I've got a brand new KT-5 you can have, I'll bring it with me next weekend when we run HFAY. I don't have any children of my own, but I do have a nephew that I'm thinking about giving my old MR-01 to just so he can play around with it.

arch2b
2009.05.01, 09:53 PM
thanks!

how old is he? old enough to come to nekocon?

Draconious
2009.05.01, 10:05 PM
I can always send that radio you sent me back ;)

TALLGEESE
2009.05.01, 10:52 PM
thanks!

how old is he? old enough to come to nekocon?

He's eight now, by the time Nekocon rolls around he'll be nine. I might be able to bring him to Nekocon this year. Last Christmas I let him run my Mini-Z Monster a little bit, and he could drive it pretty good, we both terrorized the family cat with it, good times...

mleemor60
2009.05.02, 09:11 AM
anyone have kt-5 and or kt-18's? i'm going to start the kids racing again in july and i need to get transmitters.

i told brandon if he practices this summer he can race in amatuer class at nekocon this year. michael is still too young for nekocon but maybe the year after that.

each of the kids has an am mini-z and will have a dnano. i'm going to start them on the dnano and move them up to the mini-z later. my wife said she would race dnanos too so i plan on getting her one too.

Arch, I have a dozen or so KT-5's laying around. You can have all you need.
Let me know and I will deliver them to one of your group at the MB regional.

arch2b
2009.05.02, 09:52 AM
I can always send that radio you sent me back ;)

no, please keep it. :)

arch2b
2009.05.02, 09:55 AM
Arch, I have a dozen or so KT-5's laying around. You can have all you need.
Let me know and I will deliver them to one of your group at the MB regional.

awsome, only need 3 after tallgeese's 1. i just found 2 in my rc closet but the control wheels are broken and no battery trays/covers. i've really got to start tossing trash out. i can be such a pack rat sometimes.

mleemor60
2009.05.02, 10:13 AM
I will go through what I have and pick out good ones. Will contact you first of the week via email.

soyverde
2009.05.02, 10:52 PM
Arch, a quick dig through the closet yielded a complete KT-2 and two complete KT-5s. You're free to have any/all of them. I'm pretty certain The Ringer has a few unwanted KT-5s as well. ;)

arch2b
2009.05.02, 11:45 PM
thanks soy, with your 2 kt-5's, tallgeese's 1, all i need is one more.

Skv012a
2009.05.03, 01:15 AM
On a side note, can I come practice with you guys sometimes Arch?

arch2b
2009.05.03, 10:34 AM
sure. i don't expect to have everything setup until July though. i won't have all the dnano's till then anyway.

soyverde
2009.05.03, 11:39 AM
The Ringer says "put me down for two," so I think we have you covered. ;)

arch2b
2009.05.03, 12:51 PM
thanks guys. if brandon can keep his attention focused this summer, we may see him in fall racing.

arch2b
2009.05.10, 03:23 PM
results of your generosity.

while mommy was sleeping in on her special day, i kept the kids busy with painting thier transmitters that you guys were kind enough to give.

brandon like green si he got a plain jane green transmitter

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/968/medium/IMG_10141.JPG

michael wanted gold. i asked him a couple times to make sure and each time he said gold so gold he got. being a gi joe fan like myself, he added a bit of cobra flair to it with some extra reproduction stickers.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/968/medium/IMG_1015.JPG

i debated between blue and red and being a cobra crimson guard fan, i decided on red with a couple stickers to top it off.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/968/medium/IMG_10161.JPG

soulstice
2009.05.10, 08:57 PM
the gold is pimpin. maybe i'll go solid gold on my helios, haha.

arch2b
2009.05.10, 09:55 PM
the gold is pimpin. maybe i'll go solid gold on my helios, haha.

i was impressed with how well it looks as well. it's actually very glossy and very smooth finish. i must say i'm tempted to do another. maybe even a chrome finish one. the paint was rustoleum metallic finish. very cheap too.

arch2b
2009.05.12, 07:53 PM
incase you were wondering why i needed new kt-5's... take a look at the new family racers :) all 4 are the same car, best idea i've had in a long time.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/968/medium/IMG_1027.JPG

FULL SIZE IMAGE (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/968/IMG_1027.JPG)