PDA

View Full Version : What does your name mean?????

jude26
2009.05.02, 10:04 AM
There are some interesting member names out there. Some are easy to identify, but some.....:confused:

So I thought we could use this thread to explain what our names mean and how we came up with them.

I'll start, mine is pretty easy, jude26, its my name and the day I was born. Lets keep it going.

cowboysir
2009.05.02, 10:52 AM
I got the nickname "Cowboy" from a co-worker along time ago and it stuck where I live and SiR is the 03 CivicSiR I own.;)

mleemor60
2009.05.02, 11:16 AM
Mine is just a combination of letters from my name and the 60 on the end was my age when I registered on the forum.

Dudemeister
2009.05.02, 12:35 PM
Well,

I used to go by Dudeman for a long long time. That came about mostly from my friends. My use of "Dude" was so prevalent in our conversations, that I got nicknamed Dudeman.

I started using Dudeman everywhere, including as a handle on just about every web site. But after a while though, there got to be too many Dudemans, so I had to change it. So I figured, that adding "meister" at the end was just right...

...The master Dude... "One Dude to rule them all"... Dudemeister !!! :D:D

Skv012a
2009.05.02, 09:01 PM
An inderect derivative on my last name and also root of a word ppl tried to tease me with back in elementary school. My nick, skvora, is a way of saying starling in russian. As years went by, i made it a bit more l33t and lastly added LimiTeD acronym to use it as my trademark.

ocean rodeo
2009.05.02, 09:08 PM
My handle Ocean Rodeo is basically a kite boarding trick" backflip 360 off axis grab" that took me forever to learn when i lived in California.

EMU
2009.05.03, 02:34 AM
Pre-race staredown...

http://thehungrykorean.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/emu1.jpg

My handle is my initials.

Skv012a
2009.05.03, 03:01 AM
Pre-race staredown...

Not hiding your head in the sand when you see others? ;)

EMU
2009.05.03, 03:17 AM
Not hiding your head in the sand when you see others? ;)

You are mistaking me for my cousin, the Ostridge :o I would only do that after I lose...

-J-
2009.05.03, 06:33 AM
'J' is the first letter of my first name, and for the ' - ' things, most places need more than 1 letter for a username.

bermbuster
2009.05.03, 08:54 AM
I raced bmx back in the day (early 70s) and i got this nickname.....

deloreanaka8
2009.05.03, 09:22 AM
"deloreanaka8" is a reduced version of another nick and comes from the union of 2 old nicknames I used to have.
Until I was 17, I was "Hachi Roku" having a newly born crush on the Initial D star racer.
And from 17 to 21 y/o I was "Black Delorean", this came from my childhood dream car that most ppl find useless - the Delorean, black painted since I've seen the 3ROTOR one I've loved it in black.
Recently many ppl know me as both "Hachi Roku" and "Black Delorean" so I decided to fit both for easy recognition, "DELOREANakaHACHI" was born. :p
But when I joined MZR I couldn't use a 16 digit nick so I shortened to "deloreanaka8" since hachi is 8 in japanese... lol
Wow, I can never explain myself in few words. :eek:

rocketman
2009.05.03, 06:30 PM
I used to be called Captain Tom and after winning a track championship someone decided that I should be promoted to Major Tom. The next week someone came to the track and morphed the words of the popular David Bowie song about Major Tom with The Rocketman by Elton John, because my cars were always very fast from having the best available batteries and motors. A disclaimer goes here, I worked very hard at being a descent driver and because I had the best available motors and batteries from great tuners I was very fast, but my driving ability was nearly always surpassed by others at the track including a young and very talented Bill Crotty, Jr. and more.

herman
2009.05.03, 10:49 PM
pretty cool read...

as for me the mini-zracer.com was the first type of forum i signed up for... and well didn't think of any username to er... use... so i just used my first name... herman... duh...

they used to call me the destroyer at the track... not because i destroy the competition... its because of an incident... i t-boned a car at the track one day... my car went off fine... the other car wasn't too lucky... from the accident the guys car came off with a broken stock h-plate...

they car belonged to the track owner...lol... "hey guys watch out... herman the destroyer is in the house..." the thing was... everything happened so fast, i don't even remember the whole thing... hahaha...

mleemor60.... geez man 60?????? hope you're not pulling my chain...
and i thought i was old...

emu... great staredown... just don't do it to a camel... i heard they spit when you don't back off from one...

MantisMMA
2009.05.04, 03:57 PM
up until the last month or two my primary income has been training fighters and bodybuilding competitors. i am a black sash in mantis kung fu and blue belt in brazilian jiu jitsu. just about every sunday i have anywhere from 4 to 12 people that show up at my house to train/fight and the fight club is named "mantisMMA". on some other forums i am known as MRX WRX (marc's WRX) i have a wicked 500hp STI, that on my 40th bday (8-1-10) i will trade in for a GTR!!

hrdrvr
2009.05.04, 05:13 PM
^ I had a feeling (since it was following 'Mantis') MMA stood for Mixed Martial Arts in your name.

Where did you train mantis kung fu?

MantisMMA
2009.05.04, 08:56 PM
under Sifu Poo Yee here in houston, he is the last living master of this style and one of the scariest 60+ yr old men i can think of!!

herman
2009.05.05, 03:48 AM
Pre-race staredown...

http://thehungrykorean.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/emu1.jpg

My handle is my initials.

how about this for a counter pre-race staredown?

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/%7Enhi708/classify/animalia/chordata/mammalia/primates/tarsier.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/hmc_jr/tarsier/IMG_1806.jpg

what is it you may ask????
it's a tarsier...

What has the tail of a rat, legs of a frog, sticky fingers of a gecko, rotating head of an owl, ears of a bat and the face of... golum? (my precious???)

The Philippine Tarsier (Tarsius syrichta)

A 45 million year old species, Sometimes called the world's smallest monkey, it is neither a monkey or even the smallest primate. Being a primate, it is part of the group of mammals that includes lemurs, monkeys, gorillas and man. Scientists say the tarsier falls somewhere between the lemurs and monkeys on the evolutionary scale. Tarsiers are about 9-16 cm (3.5-6 inches) long, excluding the tail, which is about twice that length.
Their relatives in the fossil record are found going back to the Eocene epoch, from 54 to 36 million years ago.

(taken from this site (http://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http://i1.treklens.com/photos/3682/tarsier.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.treklens.com/gallery/Asia/Philippines/photo48508.htm&h=640&w=479&sz=66&tbnid=cEEz3Jugr3R2SM::&tbnh=137&tbnw=103&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtarsier&usg=__Cb41lKCGzIA4RAjR-LxNx3zif3E=&ei=MOz_SfsQp_TqA6aRvKMG&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=7&ct=image))

to grasp how big... or should i say how small the tarsiers are, here's somebody holding one in the palm of their hand (not my hand though)...
http://blog.makezine.com/_wp-content_uploads_2007_08_tarsier.jpg

and more info...
Tarsiers are primates with enormous eyes and long feet. Their feet have extremely elongated tarsus bones, which is how they were penned their name. Primarily insectivorous, they catch insects by jumping at them. They're also known to prey on birds and snakes. As they jump from tree to tree, tarsiers can catch even birds in motion.

All tarsier species are nocturnal in their habits, but like many nocturnal organisms some individuals may show some activity during the daytime.

Fossils of tarsiers are found in Asia, Europe, North America, with disputed fossils from Africa, but existing tarsiers are restricted to several Southeast Asian islands including the Philippines, Sulawesi, Borneo, and Sumatra.

Tarsiers have never formed successful breeding colonies in captivity, and when caged tarsiers have been known to injure and even kill themselves due to stress-

from here (http://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http://blog.makezine.com/_wp-content_uploads_2007_08_tarsier.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2007/08/tarsier_weird_animal.html&h=352&w=468&sz=50&tbnid=HZ-C0_Ph4z2OkM::&tbnh=96&tbnw=128&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtarsier&usg=__xfRIYhCZdtbDvA5olYKWeIqqQZ8=&ei=MOz_SfsQp_TqA6aRvKMG&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=4&ct=image)

was able to actually see one up close... (i took the 2nd picture)... they are really small... and some find them creepy, while others find them cute...

doug01n
2009.05.05, 11:48 AM
doug from Douglas
01n - Year I went to college (at "n"ight).
Very simple, and usefull.

Tjay
2009.05.05, 01:24 PM
up until the last month or two my primary income has been training fighters and bodybuilding competitors. i am a black sash in mantis kung fu and blue belt in brazilian jiu jitsu. just about every sunday i have anywhere from 4 to 12 people that show up at my house to train/fight and the fight club is named "mantisMMA". on some other forums i am known as MRX WRX (marc's WRX) i have a wicked 500hp STI, that on my 40th bday (8-1-10) i will trade in for a GTR!!

40th????!!! you are not 40! You look like 28'ish... no way your 40 Marcus!

cosmicsoul
2009.05.05, 03:59 PM
Was the handle given to me by the Counsel of Elders at the Intergalactic Federation before coming to earth to infiltrate the Mini-Z scene :).

Actually some friends started calling me Cosmic back in the day, they said I was out of this world. Cosmicsoul was the name of promotion company I used to promote parties under, back in the day before I had a wife, 4 kids and was about 50 pounds lighter!

Jay

mleemor60
2009.05.05, 04:28 PM
If you were ever 50lbs lighter you would have been invisible.

MantisMMA
2009.05.05, 06:47 PM
40th????!!! you are not 40! You look like 28'ish... no way your 40 Marcus!

not quite but awfully close! i figure if i start saying i am 40 now it wont be as much of a shock when i am really 40! honestly it is a testament to working out and staying healthy, all you youngsters will understand soon enough that when you turn thirty **** does not work like it used to especially if you have weight issues. most people think that i am about 28, its weird. i bounce at bars here and there and when i ID someone with the same birth year as me it freaks me out because they normally look about 50 or 60!!

ZicZicZoom
2009.05.16, 12:37 AM
My name is zach and my mini z racing Team which is called TeamAlphaRacing was taken already so i am going by the nick name that my friends call me because i am fast not only in mini z's i run track as well. and when i got into mini z's the name kinda still fit in so that is what i am known as.

eztuner12
2009.05.19, 12:31 AM
ezTuner12
EZ stands for the initial letters of my last name, as well as, easy (E-Z) Tuner because many conciderate I was good tuning R/C cars & engines. 12 because I could solve a set-up issue by the time you counted 1, 2.
I got the name from R/C friends and kept it. Even used as my team name at the time I raced GT and GTRs.
Cheers

JacobFeinstein
2009.05.19, 12:39 AM
Marcus, that's one of my favorite cars ever, dibs if you don't like it.;)

Dusty Weasle
2009.05.19, 01:10 AM
Way back in the long, long ago when we were developing the game Motocross Madness, we all had to pick screen names to test the multi-player mode. Everyone was “Rusty” or “Dusty” something (Rusty Crank, Dusty Bunny, etc). Put on the spot and with the obvious animals already bespoke, “Weasle” was the first thing that jumped to mind.
(The character limit caused it display as “Dusty We”, so my co-workers would call out “There goes Dusty Weeeeee”!) :rolleyes:

The name stuck and I've been Dusty Weasle ever since. Note the misspelling- I inadvertently swapped the “l” and “e”, but nobody noticed until the game shipped, so for consistency's sake I kept it that way.

color01
2009.05.19, 03:02 AM
So, once upon a time I did add-ons (cars and tracks) for racing games like NFS4 and ReVolt... and while I could do 3D modeling pretty well and I could tune cars to handle well in-game, I never got the textures right and always had to ask for someone else's help getting the textures I wanted to display properly. :o

Hence, when I signed up on the forums I named myself "color0" -- cannot do anything regarding colors and textures.

When I got to building actual model cars, and Xmods, I discovered that I'm a pretty crappy painter too, affirming that I am indeed color0. :D

Then I get my first MR-02, come to MZR, try to sign up, and VBulletin screws me over -- couldn't activate my account. So I signed up again as color01. End of story. :)

dub599
2009.06.27, 01:09 PM
i used to hang out with a guy named "j-dub" we were always together so i started being called mini dub except for the fact im 6'3'' so i got upgraded to dub. and when i used to race dirt bikes i always used the number 599 because no one else had 3 digit race numbers at the time.