PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho dNaNo Information

arch2b
2009.05.03, 09:46 AM
Please see the detailed and indexed product information posted (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24053) in TinyRC.

herman
2009.05.03, 10:38 PM
pretty good work, and thanks for sharing the info... you must have spent a lot of time putting it together, appreciate it very mucho... like the stories behind the (real) cars too...

wondering we could have something similarly done for the mini-z's
to include other information like

wheelbase (s-86mm; m-90mm; l-94mm; ll-98mm; 3l-102mm; 4l- 104mm)
chassis type (mr-01, mr-015, mr-02, ma-010)
motor mount type (hm, rm, mm, lm)
rim offset (i.e. front 2.5mm rear 3mm)
etc... etc....

thanks again...

color01
2009.05.03, 11:42 PM
wondering we could have something similarly done for the mini-z's
Herman, you've counted the number of Mini-Z's out there before, right...??? :eek:

If arch isn't already doing this for the Mini-Z Racer lineup then I'll do it as part of my "staff writer" duties; but it'll take some time, probably a couple weeks to cover all the MR-series cars, and then another 2-3 weeks for AWD, Overland, Monster and F1.

Skv012a
2009.05.03, 11:52 PM
So what was the deal w/ nano lengths/widths? I remember from last hfay that they all have custom front and rear ends per model, hence such a high price of ASCs and lack of too many recyclable parts.

These will be VERY fun to homebrew parts for once we all have them, I can feel it.

Color, atomicmods already have a very good wheelbase and wheel offset guide for both MR and MA per body, so why not get their permission to add onto and polish what they started?

herman
2009.05.04, 05:38 AM
Herman, you've counted the number of Mini-Z's out there before, right...???
actually i haven't really counted them before... what i do know is, that there's a lot...
and the kyosho website doesn't keep the models that are 'phased out' on their site...
wish they had an archive for all their autoscales produced...

was kind of thinking doing something quite similar to what arch2b did for the dnanos waaay back... but never had the time to start...

color01
2009.05.04, 07:30 AM
Color, atomicmods already have a very good wheelbase and wheel offset guide for both MR and MA per body, so why not get their permission to add onto and polish what they started?
I know the wheelbases and offsets of almost all the bodies by heart already, not to mention chassis types and motor mounts; that's easy, lol, I've been obsessing over these cars for way too long. :)

The trouble is getting official Kyosho pictures of them, part numbers, different colors, and thorough official product descriptions of all of them as Arch has done here. THAT's not easy and I don't know how long it'll take me to do so, given that a lot of MR01 and even MR02 info has gone missing from Kyosho's site and I'll have to dig it up from who knows where. :o

-J-
2009.05.04, 08:46 AM
It's good that Arch2b started this indexing for the dNaNo while there aren't nearly as many models out as there are with mini-zs.

Although it would be a great resource to have mini-z stuff indexed as well, I don't think it's worth the effort now. Like Color01 said, so much information about ASCs and other things would be almost impossible to dig up. Atomicmods list is sufficient enough for body fitting questions, and if people have other questions, they could just ask.

arch2b
2009.05.04, 12:10 PM
thank you guys.

it was a painstaking process i assure you. it is well worth the effort however.

i began this process years ago here with the sticky post in each chassis subforum describing each chassis type, things intervened and i lost track of it all. we need only expand on that ground work really. when i realized now was the best time, at the very begining, with the dnanos, i could not hesitate. i still have MUCH work to do there as i have yet to document each body specific parts, add descriptions, etc.

color/herman, i am still very much interested in getting this done for mini-zracer. i've found that the format i used on trc works very well and would be perfect for here as well. please contact me and we can discuss this further.

wheelbase settings are not part of the agenda in this... it's already out there at this point and not a part of the focus on documenting what is and what was. please do not waste time mentioning it with this. we will cross that bridge when it comes.

arch2b
2009.05.04, 12:25 PM
we are also fortunate in that there are members who have spent good deals of time collecting autoscale information. mr-01 parts however will be tricky unless we can get kyosho to cough up the images from thier archives.

i'm committed to seeing this happen and very eager to work with others ;) to see that it does happen. :cool:

marc
2009.07.28, 02:51 PM
As this is a Dnano topic, I'd like to share with you guy's my discovery. I don't know if any of you have seen this before, but we all knew it was coming.
Atomic has produced a professional disc-damper kit for the Dnano. Here are some pictures I got off their web site courtesy of Atomic. I'm very, very tempted to get this for my Dnano!
Here is the kit
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DN-006_m.jpg
And here it is installed on the chassis. Look's very promising. http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DN-006_install.jpg

This look's ton's better than the one I made a long time ago.

PadrinoNY
2009.07.29, 08:17 PM
Where can I get one of these Dnano's..... Just for curiosities sake I want one:)

arch2b
2009.07.29, 09:03 PM
only legal reseller is hobby town usa (north america). your best bet is to check the tracks section of the dnano forum on tinyrc to find store contacts to call/email to buy.

PadrinoNY
2009.07.29, 10:10 PM
only legal reseller is hobby town usa (north america). your best bet is to check the tracks section of the dnano forum on tinyrc to find store contacts to call/email to buy.

Cool thanks for the info.... I am so interested to see what these little things can do...

marc
2009.07.30, 10:41 AM
I can tell you from experience. They are very fast, and for their tiny size, they require a lot of room to gallop!

PadrinoNY
2009.07.30, 11:35 AM
Well I guess i'll find out soon.....

cosmicsoul
2009.07.30, 07:16 PM
Although I have not purchased an Atomic dampner, the one I made is the hop up that I have gained the most performance from. I have not tried the diff so who knows, I could be wrong. The disk dampner took the chatter out.

Jay

pfcparts
2009.08.12, 01:55 PM
Anyone know the size of the balls for the
dnano ball diff?

Looking to upgrade the diff and can't find
alot of info on the size of the balls.

parts

marc
2009.08.12, 02:05 PM
Please see the detailed and indexed product information posted (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24053) in TinyRC.

Hey there Arch, nice write up on each of the car's history. However, some are missing information. The Countach needs a bit of history, as does the 917 and a few others. If you'd like, I can research and give you the info if you wish to fill in those bit's.
I didn't realize that the Ferrari F-40 was in celebration of Ferrari's 40th year of racing. I thought that the number "40" had some other significants. Nice work!

arch2b
2009.08.12, 07:47 PM
not from me... copy/paste from the kyosho website. i can only repost what they provide. if one is missing, email kyosho. :)

marc
2009.08.12, 07:57 PM
The info I was referring to was the car's history, not the RC car. bet that same information can be found elsewhere. Perhaps wikipedia?