PDA

View Full Version : HFAY Big Track Event 2

arch2b
2009.05.11, 08:26 AM
just kicking this off....

imxlr8ed
2009.05.11, 10:07 AM
Good idea!... Maybe change the layout a bit too. I still have the same space restrictions, I guess I could find those images again.

arch2b
2009.05.17, 04:10 PM
2 weeks left till June....

BrianMidnight
2009.05.17, 07:10 PM
StaffordRacersUK we're in!!!

pinwc4
2009.05.17, 07:15 PM
Flip Side will run it also. A different layout would be nice but it is a challenge getting a layout that many clubs can run.

briankstan
2009.05.19, 09:05 PM
Sorry for not being around for the last few weeks. We can set it up and run the same track, or change it.

Let me know what you would like to do and I'll get it added this weekend to the HFAY site.

I'm good with running the same track as I'm sure it hasn't been run much. it was a fun layout and it would kind of be nice to see how your times compared against your times from 6 months ago.

what do you think?

hrdrvr
2009.05.20, 07:06 AM
Im good either way. We ARE going the full 10 minutes this year! :D

arch2b
2009.05.20, 07:45 AM
Im good either way. We ARE going the full 10 minutes this year! :D

oh, thank you for the good chuckle this morning:p good sense of humor.

Hood
2009.05.24, 06:34 PM
We are planning on running our event next weekend.

Thanks,
Hood

briankstan
2009.05.24, 07:24 PM
We are planning on running our event next weekend.

Thanks,
Hood

this track looks good. I checked it against the other BTE and it should be fine for fitting in the area that is the same as last year.

anyone have any objections? changes?

Voice them ASAP... :)

hrdrvr
2009.05.25, 09:41 AM
I think there was a wide radius corner at the lower left had ninety, but Im good leaving it out, if thats what every one else is doing :D Also, I see the middle turn on the slalom section is stretched over one extra tile. I can accomodate that easily (and like it better), but will it clear the pole in Eds basement?

VAzRACER
2009.05.25, 10:17 AM
I think there was a wide radius corner at the lower left had ninety, but Im good leaving it out, if thats what every one else is doing :D Also, I see the middle turn on the slalom section is stretched over one extra tile. I can accomodate that easily (and like it better), but will it clear the pole in Eds basement?

I compared it to the first one and it will fit in his basement, the corner you are talking about is the same as it was before, the corner before that is one tile shorter so it makes the next one look longer.

Ed, is it still cool if we come race this with you guys up north?

BrianMidnight
2009.05.25, 07:53 PM
StaffordRacersUK have no objections to big track 2.

Dusty Weasle
2009.05.25, 10:13 PM
Just to avoid any confusion, Mini-AZ's BTE2 is in two weeks, June 6th.
(Extra Saturday in May has caused an extra week between races)

hrdrvr
2009.05.26, 07:35 AM
I compared it to the first one and it will fit in his basement, the corner you are talking about is the same as it was before, the corner before that is one tile shorter so it makes the next one look longer.

Cool, I didnt look back at last years....just going by memory.....

Ed Roberts
2009.05.26, 09:15 AM
Looking forward to racing this track layout with Landon and see were I stand with all you guys.

imxlr8ed
2009.05.26, 12:46 PM
I'm cool with the layout, but it seems a bit shorter than the last one. But if that's all you can fit though Hood, no problem.

I do prefer a wide inside at the end of the straight... better flow. Less wrecks mean more racing and that's a big collection point for accidents.

Of course you guys can head up here for the event Matt... I've got plenty of room for drivers here.

Here's one of the layouts I threw out there for the last one... 2 tiles longer than what is currently posted, but very similar.

hrdrvr
2009.05.26, 02:12 PM
I like Eds layout better. Im all good for either though........

Hood
2009.05.26, 02:21 PM
I was trying to conform to last years space restrictions, not something that we needed.

I like Ed's better also.. It looks very close with that pole location.

Hood

VAzRACER
2009.05.26, 03:08 PM
Cool, I didnt look back at last years....just going by memory.....

Its all good, I had to go to the website to know myself because it looked like a bigger track to me too.

I'm in for Ed's layout too, it gives a little more variety.

Ed, just give me a date that works for you. If you can do a Saturday that would be better for most of us. If you cant its no big deal though.

Ed Roberts
2009.05.26, 03:24 PM
I'm cool with the layout, but it seems a bit shorter than the last one. But if that's all you can fit though Hood, no problem.

I do prefer a wide inside at the end of the straight... better flow. Less wrecks mean more racing and that's a big collection point for accidents.

Of course you guys can head up here for the event Matt... I've got plenty of room for drivers here.

Here's one of the layouts I threw out there for the last one... 2 tiles longer than what is currently posted, but very similar.

I like Ed's layout better also. Here are the pieces you will need.

imxlr8ed
2009.05.26, 04:27 PM
Saturdays are no problem for me, just waiting on Larry to see what weekends he can do an event like this. I'll post on our thread as soon as we nail it down.

Also... I forgot to add bump-out locations on the layout above. If we do go with mine and someone adds them, please don't put them on the exit point of each turn! :rolleyes:

I have nothing to give away for this time around so if we want to pool stuff together for that lucky driver, I'm cool with that.

Here's my votes for bumpout placement (green checkmarks good, red Xes... bad)

Oh... and finish and starting grid as well...

TALLGEESE
2009.05.26, 05:33 PM
Both of the track layouts look good, but like other's on here I like Ed's design just a little more. Hopefully we can get some of the DC crew to go up to Ed's place in PA like the first big track event, we had a really good time. Having this event on a Saturday should hopefully enable more people to join in on the fun, I'm really looking forward to this one!

thunter
2009.05.27, 12:46 AM
well guys im stoked to race any one of those sorry Robin i liked Ed's better aswell im just ready to test those new arms out :D

soulstice
2009.05.27, 10:10 AM
maybe I'm missing something but when is this event.

imxlr8ed
2009.05.27, 10:12 AM
Ok... so, where'd Brian get to again? :D

We needs approval boss! I would also like to know if you still want me to update the event manual for this 2nd BTE.

Also, and I'm just throwing this out there as food for thought... should we open up the Spec motors for these BTEs to include any PN 70t motor? Old style brushes and new style brushes seem to offer no real advantages over one another. As long as it's an un-modded PN 70t with a bushing can, I don't think there is any difference.

I'm also curious if the HFAY Spec Motor has been continued into the newer style PN 70t or not... How many of the early style are still available out there?

imxlr8ed
2009.05.27, 10:14 AM
maybe I'm missing something but when is this event.

It's the month June, anytime a club decides to run it. As long as they send in thier results before the set date (end of the month, basically)

arch2b
2009.05.27, 12:00 PM
...I'm also curious if the HFAY Spec Motor has been continued into the newer style PN 70t or not... How many of the early style are still available out there?

topic for another discussion but i too am interested as i want to replace all my hfay motors. i know thats shop has some but if thats the last of them, what do others do for new hfay motors?

hrdrvr
2009.05.27, 12:25 PM
I hope we can run any un-modded 70t motor. Our group is not keen on buying a bunch of HFAY motors for a one race event. Last time we elected to just run the huge disadvantage of Kyosho stock motors. Thats what we will likely do again, as most of us just got a couple more PN 70t hand out motors this past weekend, and dont need to be buying more.

briankstan
2009.05.27, 01:22 PM
I'm here...;) Just letting you guys work out what track you want to run.

I'm good with either. I like the flow on the last track Ed posted.

briankstan
2009.05.27, 01:27 PM
Ok... so, where'd Brian get to again? :D

We needs approval boss! I would also like to know if you still want me to update the event manual for this 2nd BTE.

Also, and I'm just throwing this out there as food for thought... should we open up the Spec motors for these BTEs to include any PN 70t motor? Old style brushes and new style brushes seem to offer no real advantages over one another. As long as it's an un-modded PN 70t with a bushing can, I don't think there is any difference.

I'm also curious if the HFAY Spec Motor has been continued into the newer style PN 70t or not... How many of the early style are still available out there?

I have sold all of mine, there are still a few available though shop.tinyrc.com.

I think for this event we can allow the use the the PNWC 70T motor (non HFAY label). you can use either version of the PN motor or they 70t HFAY motor for the HFAY BTE.

I'll be getting in a fresh supply of the HFAY motors, during June. They will be the new design with the removable brushes.

imxlr8ed
2009.05.27, 02:51 PM
Cool, that's basically a good position to take if we want to get more clubs involved in the BTEs. I still think the Point Series should use the Spec Motor, but for these BTEs, I want to see more "outside" clubs get involved without having to "buy in".

Also, all the other reasons that others posted.

Excellent! Maybe some of the NY/CA clubs will give it a go for once!

Also... what about the manual? I think we may see some new clubs join us this time around and it may be beneficial to see the manual explain it all accurately, in one spot.

briankstan
2009.05.27, 04:45 PM
Also... what about the manual? I think we may see some new clubs join us this time around and it may be beneficial to see the manual explain it all accurately, in one spot.

If you have the time to get right on it, I'd say go for it. ;)

Dusty Weasle
2009.05.31, 03:20 AM
Okay, going by imx's image showing the bump-outs, this is what we have agreed upon then?
(He says hopefully as he's already made the attached graphics :D )

imxlr8ed
2009.05.31, 02:54 PM
Looks spot on to me... but I realized there might be 2 too many stripes for 3 WideL tracks... no biggie I guess. Excellent work!

I'm going to re-work the manual tonight, I'll email it to Brian as soon as it is complete.

imxlr8ed
2009.05.31, 11:14 PM
Sent you the updated version of the manual Brian... not much changed.

If anyone feels like donating prizes to the winners, cool... if not, understandable. I might put up an Autoscale or two.

briankstan
2009.06.01, 01:22 PM
Sent you the updated version of the manual Brian... not much changed.

got it, I'll get it added to the website, along with the pictures dusty did.

thanks guys

imxlr8ed
2009.06.01, 02:12 PM
Excellent! As always, I'm hoping more clubs out there join us for this event... I think we had around 50 racers in Stock class last time... let's see if we can break that!

imxlr8ed
2009.06.07, 01:04 PM
I can already hear my name being cursed for this one bumpout... sorry! (I call it... the collector !)

It's a tight spot in a great passing area that just make the track trickier... not too terrible but I can see some nasty F1 crashes in the future.

If nobody has run the event, we can still swap it to another location as shown in my awesome jpeg edit. :rolleyes:

Up to you guys...

hrdrvr
2009.06.08, 06:37 AM
^ Either way. I always like trying to control the flow of a track with the bump-outs. If you move it, itll just be another bump in the wall. If you leave it, itll be a challenge on the track.

Its up to every one else. Im impartial :D I am setting it up today, but we probably wont run our event til later in the month, so I can move it if need be.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.08, 09:48 AM
I really don't mind either way, I don't think Brian has anything on the HFAY site about this event as of yet. I would guess it would be whatever he posts on there... that would be the official track.

Dusty Weasle
2009.06.11, 12:18 AM
Well, I already have it posted at Mini-AZ... and don't want to recreate the graphics... ;)

(Even though I hate Bumpout tiles :rolleyes: )

We run this weekend, so time's about up.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.11, 10:03 AM
No problem really, guess we'll all just have to drive around it.

Thanks Dusty for the graphics! Very cool!

Any word on the website update Brian?

Hood
2009.06.14, 08:48 AM
Joe caught the bump out and I broke his tierod.. Smack..

Luckily happened in the first qualifier, but everyone be careful in the short shoot.

Hood

mini-z
2009.06.14, 11:56 AM
Guys, just wanted to check, the layout is 3 Wide Ls plus 1 Wide Large Radius Inside Turn Kit (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=18315&cat=283&page=2), right? Please confirm so I can get one in time and we can actually run the exact layout this time and post some real times! :)

imxlr8ed
2009.06.15, 12:00 AM
Guys, just wanted to check, the layout is 3 Wide Ls plus 1 Wide Large Radius Inside Turn Kit (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=18315&cat=283&page=2), right? Please confirm so I can get one in time and we can actually run the exact layout this time and post some real times! :)

Correct! 1 Wide inside kit and 3WLs.

arch2b
2009.06.15, 07:32 AM
bad news, i was told this weekend that my youngest brothers h.s. graduation party will be this weekend. :( i don't know what it is about these big track events but every year i get something that comes up... if the party were for anyone else i would skip it but i can't miss my brothers party.

briankstan
2009.06.16, 07:57 PM
I don't think Brian has anything on the HFAY site about this event as of yet. I would guess it would be whatever he posts on there... that would be the official track.

I have posted the official info on the HFAY site.

Sorry guys I have been completely swamped at work I have worked saturday and sunday for the last 2 weekends, plus many more hours at home at night. I'm working on getting the final results posted as soon as possible. I have been spending all free time with the family...

please see this post... http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=351767#post351767

imxlr8ed
2009.06.16, 09:32 PM
I have posted the official info on the HFAY site.

Sorry guys I have been completely swamped at work I have worked saturday and sunday for the last 2 weekends, plus many more hours at home at night. I'm working on getting the final results posted as soon as possible. I have been spending all free time with the family...

please see this post... http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=351767#post351767

No need for apologies, family and job first... no doubt about that! You're a saint for doing as much as you do!

mini-z
2009.06.17, 07:42 PM
Our Big Track II event is fairly firm for Saturday, June 27th - anyone fancy a trip out to Ann Arbor to join us? :)

imxlr8ed
2009.06.22, 04:42 PM
Hey Brian!!!

When are results due in for this BTE? I put it in the manual as due in by 10:00am MST of July 1st.

Is this still the plan? I heard differently from another member on here... something like it was extended until middle of July? :confused: I think that would work though because the manual was posted a little later than usual.

Whadya think?

NYRC-WebAdmin
2009.06.24, 12:43 PM
I sent an email to HFAY and Brian but I haven't heard back. Our club wants to host BTE #2 on 7/12 and submit the results afterwards. We need to register with HFAY.

HFAY Big Track Events

Here it it HFAY Big Track Event # 2. Yes I know I'm late getting this posted, I'll accept submitted times until July 16th, 2009. (thanks to DW for the pictures.)

The first Race will be in June July 16 2009, during the off month of the HFAY OLPS.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.24, 04:59 PM
I saw that email but I thought Brian got back to you... but I know he's been very busy lately.

I'm cool with waiting for results to be posted if you guys are going to join us. I might be able to make it up there for this event, just to help out with any questions you might have.

How about the rest of our clubs out there? Extend the deadline for the results to be in so NYRC can join us?

hrdrvr
2009.06.24, 05:27 PM
Im cool with that, especially if we can wait a few more weeks to run our event as well. Weve got a couple of our regulars who wont make it tommorrow, so waiting til next thursday (the following may be even better!) would be awesome for us.

Im down with whatever the majority chooses of course. Id like to see how some of the big guns who run at NYRC will do on a smaller tighter track :D

yasuji
2009.06.24, 06:53 PM
I saw that email but I thought Brian got back to you... but I know he's been very busy lately.

I'm cool with waiting for results to be posted if you guys are going to join us. I might be able to make it up there for this event, just to help out with any questions you might have.

How about the rest of our clubs out there? Extend the deadline for the results to be in so NYRC can join us?

sorry ed i cant find this....when is the dead line....im moving my club in to a smaller location and this hfay track looks to fit in my alotted space....id like for my club to be in on this event as well;)

imxlr8ed
2009.06.25, 09:50 AM
Landon:

No more practice for you! (j/k... :p)

Grant:

Very cool you want to join us... all the more reason to extend the deadline.
The original deadline is in the 2nd BTE Manual on the HFAY website. It was based on the theme for the Inaugural BTE we had back in December, but since the manual for this current event wasn't posted until about mid-month, I think it's fair to extend the deadline to around the 18th of July.

Besides... it's about time we see how fast you guys really are!

NYRC:

Still waiting to hear back from Brian on this... I think he'll be ok with the extension though.

If any other clubs have an issue and think it'll be unfair to extend the deadline... PLEASE SPEAK UP NOW! I view the BTE as a fun introduction to HFAY, I hope you all see it the same way. Besides... it's all for bragging rights anyways! :D

yasuji
2009.06.25, 12:10 PM
Landon:

Grant:

Very cool you want to join us... all the more reason to extend the deadline.
The original deadline is in the 2nd BTE Manual on the HFAY website. It was based on the theme for the Inaugural BTE we had back in December, but since the manual for this current event wasn't posted until about mid-month, I think it's fair to extend the deadline to around the 18th of July.

[/COLOR]

i need the info on this event as i can run this as soon as this sunday.....
do i need to become a judge?
i am setting up the track today to run this sunday......:D

BrianMidnight
2009.06.25, 01:22 PM

No objections from Stafford Racers UK to extending the deadline.
We're racing the big track this Sunday.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.25, 02:05 PM
i need the info on this event as i can run this as soon as this sunday.....
do i need to become a judge?
i am setting up the track today to run this sunday......:D

Here's the link to the event page:

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/HFAYLargeTrackEvent/LargeTrackEvent2/tabid/170/Default.aspx

Here's the rules for the event:

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/portals/0/files/Manuals/2009-2nd-BTE-HFAY-Manual.pdf

No real initiation to "Judgeship" that I know of, other than a promise to be honest and make sure your participants are doing the same.

Here are the results from our inaugural BTE in December to give you an idea of what we end up with:

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/HFAYLargeTrackEvent/LargeTrackEvent1/tabid/161/Default.aspx

Lot's of results, should be many more this time around!

pinwc4
2009.06.25, 05:51 PM
No objections to extending the deadline from us either. In fact I will take advantage of that as I had other commitments that were making racing the BTE tough to schedule.

Dusty Weasle
2009.06.26, 03:55 AM
Extend away! Must be the time of year, everyone is just slammed busy these days (I'm super busy my own self). Mini-AZ already got our run in. Fun track.

Despite the busy schedule, be aware Season VIII starts in five days! :eek: Do we have tracks selected, etc?

hrdrvr
2009.06.26, 07:31 AM
Landon:

Grant:

Haha! Last night was the first night I actually ran with others. :D It was a fun track, and we did pretty well as a group. I think we would take advantage of the extension though, as my dad wasnt there, and one other (2EZ) who had a doctors appt, mnissed it as well. I dont know if Ill benefit from a redo. I had a pretty great run! Ill take my chances if it means others get a chance to participate though.

Im really excited to see how NYRC and PMR hold up on a track this small!

Grant, this aint no 3 wide straight away! :D Good luck on y'alls event. Its good to see you guys getting in on the HFAY action.

Hey, Ed, this just brought somehting else into mind. Maybe if enough clubs are interested we could revisit the larger track schedule for HFAY. At this point, I think we could easily get our club involved if the tracks were this size. I dont think going much smaller is good for our set ups (most of our guys are still pretty new, with just one car, also set up for 843) for regular club races. I now every one is busy, but it might be something to discuss between now and the beginning of the 2010 seaon.

briankstan
2009.06.26, 08:25 AM
I sent an email to HFAY and Brian but I haven't heard back. Our club wants to host BTE #2 on 7/12 and submit the results afterwards. We need to register with HFAY.

HFAY Big Track Events

Here it it HFAY Big Track Event # 2. Yes I know I'm late getting this posted, I'll accept submitted times until July 16th, 2009. (thanks to DW for the pictures.)

The first Race will be in June July 16 2009, during the off month of the HFAY OLPS.

Sorry for the slow reply, I replied to your email. for those wanting to run this race, there is not fee for this event. it's just a for fun event so feel free to run the track and submit times by the end of day on the 17th.

thanks.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.26, 02:09 PM
Hey, Ed, this just brought somehting else into mind. Maybe if enough clubs are interested we could revisit the larger track schedule for HFAY. At this point, I think we could easily get our club involved if the tracks were this size. I dont think going much smaller is good for our set ups (most of our guys are still pretty new, with just one car, also set up for 843) for regular club races. I now every one is busy, but it might be something to discuss between now and the beginning of the 2010 seaon.

Something to think about for sure... the clubs that are participating in the BTE, and even the current new-comers all have enough track to do it... I only fear that the current space limitations I have would be the limitations for everyone. But I'm sure we could get all kinds of designs figured for that space.

Another topic (and thread) entirely but one that may work for the majority... is it time HFAY goes for 3WL setups? I'll see you up at the PNWC in NJ!

Also,Thanks for the reply Brian, and thanks to all the other clubs who replied... glad to hear we'll have more clubs in it this time around!

arch2b
2009.06.26, 02:25 PM
i don't see why there can't be parallel series. this way clubs can pick and choose which series they want to join. dc does not have the space for 3w tracks without serious hassles. the more offerings we have, the better chance at pulling in more clubs to HFAY in general.

VAzRACER
2009.06.26, 06:41 PM
i don't see why there can't be parallel series. this way clubs can pick and choose which series they want to join. dc does not have the space for 3w tracks without serious hassles. the more offerings we have, the better chance at pulling in more clubs to HFAY in general.

I'm working on a new space to race. My dad and uncle share a garage not to far from the house, my uncle is moving out and sticking my dad with the lease and electric bill. Long story short my dad wants to build his own garage and I've just about got him talked into buliding a room on the side of it, I'm aiming for 25x35, maybe bigger it will depend on the cost. I will know more in six months or so. The lease on the shop we have now will be up in 7-8 months and he wants to have a new place by then. Nothing is set in stone but there is a good chance it will happen. It will be dedicated to racing with a perminent track. It would be nice to see a three L series though.

yasuji
2009.06.26, 11:45 PM
got a Q?....how many drivers should this track have in the main?if i run 3 driver mains and sort it from there? is that the way i should do it?
i just need to know what is fair....caus im thinking a minimum 3 driver main means if i have 9 drivers i will have a A,B,C MAIN RT?
LMK

lfisminiz
2009.06.27, 12:47 AM
Grant, ill let Ed answer this for sure.....BUT i think you must have a minimum of 3 drivers. For our race, we had 6 drivers in the A main i believe. 3 would be much less traffic and a better chance of more laps. For us we had 4 guys come up from Va. area to us (PA.). So we wanted to get the most guys in the main. Harder yes but more competitive racing.;):)

LARRY

yasuji
2009.06.27, 12:48 AM
Grant, ill let Ed answer this for sure.....BUT i think you must have a minimum of 3 drivers. For our race, we had 6 drivers in the A main i believe. 3 would be much less traffic and a better chance of more laps. For us we had 4 guys come up from Va. area to us (PA.). So we wanted to get the most guys in the main. Harder yes but more competitiveracing.;):)

LARRY

MKAY.....i jus wanna do it the way everyone else is doin it....:D

lfisminiz
2009.06.27, 12:53 AM
Im sure theres a wide variety on how many clubs are running 3 or more in the main. 3 doesnt seem like enough but 5-6 was a traffic jam at times:eek:....but really FUN!:D

hrdrvr
2009.06.27, 09:26 AM
We ran four in our A-Main, and will probably keep it at that for the HFAY times. Ususally on a track this size we run 5 or 6, but want our guys to have good chances at strong runs. FWIW, we ran four in the B-Main as well.

I thought the rule was 3 minimum, but four is plenty easy to spread out on this layout, IMO.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.28, 11:51 AM
Yes, minimum is 3 (stated in the manual)... believe it or not, this rule was set this way because some clubs only have 3 racers. Not their fault I'm sure, either they are just starting up or they are located in the middle of nowhere.

3 drivers is fun, but there's more action with 4 or 5. No limit to how many you can put on the track at once. It's was a good mix of traffic with 4 & 5 for us.

lfisminiz
2009.06.28, 06:47 PM
Ed, i think our A mains had 5-6 in each.;)

hrdrvr
2009.07.16, 08:37 AM
We switched our layout over to something close to the PNWC layout, so we didnt get to get anymore runs in :( I did submit the times from the one night we actually ran the event though, so Im looking forward to seeing how we stack up this time around.

Brian, I forgot to add an asterik for our one 16 and under racers. Ill drop you an email so he can get the credit he deserves :D Cant wait to see these things posted up! I know you are busy, just let us know when its done :D

Grant, did PMZR run this layout?

imxlr8ed
2009.07.16, 08:39 AM
I'll have to send in our results tonight Brian... got sidetracked yesterday.

briankstan
2009.07.16, 08:40 AM
I started a thread on the times I have received from everyone.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32188

yasuji
2009.07.17, 03:32 PM
i ran the event @ my new smaller shop....track size was purfect.....lol
only one of my club members came out and the bgrc guys came out from oc
jus a small event....

mini-z
2009.07.19, 07:21 PM
Something to think about for sure... the clubs that are participating in the BTE, and even the current new-comers all have enough track to do it... I only fear that the current space limitations I have would be the limitations for everyone. But I'm sure we could get all kinds of designs figured for that space.

We really, really enjoyed this layout, and honestly it was very begrudgingly that we tore it up and went back to 2Ls this week! :) Not to stray OT, but maybe we could consider a larger layout series - we could even try to make the 2L layouts a subset of the larger layouts in order to facilitate running both series within a single club. :):cool:

briankstan
2009.07.20, 11:39 PM
Times are posted for the HFAY Big Track. you can see them all here.

HFAY Big Track Event # 2 (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/HFAYLargeTrackEvent/LargeTrackEvent2/tabid/170/Default.aspx)

We had some first time clubs participating in this event and they had some pretty good results.

Great Job to everyone. :cool:

hrdrvr
2009.07.21, 08:25 AM
We really, really enjoyed this layout, and honestly it was very begrudgingly that we tore it up and went back to 2Ls this week! :) Not to stray OT, but maybe we could consider a larger layout series - we could even try to make the 2L layouts a subset of the larger layouts in order to facilitate running both series within a single club. :):cool:

I mentioned the same thing earlier in the thread. I like your idea of facilitating both events on the same layout for clubs that dont get to meet too many times a month. It may even get our guys interested in running on the smaller layouts. For now though, I think its going to take layouts the size of this one to get the participation we need. If this ends up developing into something our club can participate in (3L series), Id donate some time and effort to keep the pressure of another series off of Brian. Maybe we need to open another topic on it if there are others interested.

Times are posted for the HFAY Big Track. you can see them all here.

I must have forgotten to put it in the email, but Collin Hanna should be in red for 16 and under. As a matter of fact, he is just about to turn 12 :eek: Thats right, this little eleven year old has been tearing up our club races and made the A-Main for that event! Ive got to give him props, as he is also one of our most mature racers on the track!

Matt Ward! What the heck did you do to your F1? 77 laps :eek: Holy Shamoley, I guess I need to be looking out for that thing this weekend ;) Cant wait to see it in person, as I always love how close we are matched with those cars :D Congrats on a great run and finish!

arch2b
2009.07.21, 08:41 AM
if there is not a thread already started (i'm certain there is given the interest over the years) please do start a new thread on the larger track series.

we need to be conscious of the effort to bring in new help to manage this. all the desire in the world is not going to make up for the fact that one person can not manage all of HFAY on thier own.