PDA

View Full Version : FET Stacking

ZicZicZoom
2009.05.20, 10:51 AM
my car is pretty much maxed out save for ceramic bearings(i have shielded) but thats it. i am wondering if stacking my FET's is worth it. or would ceramic bearings be a better idea.

MantisMMA
2009.05.20, 02:07 PM
thats like comparing apples to oranges!! the REFLEX bearings are far better than any ceramics i have used thus far and they are only 12.00. the fet'ng does nothing for stock (as in PN70) but is crazy fast with mod motors. if you dont race in a mod class i would not bother with the fet job .

ZicZicZoom
2009.05.20, 06:34 PM
yeah i think i will stay with stock FETs an while we are on the subject of the reflex bearings i am wondering how they are so good compared to ceramics for just a fraction of the price.

Skv012a
2009.05.21, 04:24 PM
Solution: get applies while you eat oranges, aka get 2.4 and ceramic bearings :D

CristianTabush
2009.05.21, 07:03 PM
Our bearings are much faster than ceramics because they are a much higher abec rating than the ceramic bearings used in our industry (Abec-3). This is a decision of the individual manufacturer, based on cost cutting measures. Most companies select the lower rating because it is much cheaper and this broadens their margin on sales. We went about it a slightly different way. We wanted to find the fastest-available, highest quality, inexpensive bearing. When we did find it, we found out that it was much faster than the more expensive, but lower rated ceramic bearings that most companies sell. (If you look at our bearings closely they have a better quality finish than any other bearings in the market) If there was a company that made ceramic bearings in the highest rating, they would be much faster than our steel bearings, but they would also cost at least twice as much as what they cost now. This would make an already expensive product, entirely irrelevant due to its price point. We thought about this too, but it made no sense.

Ceramic bearings do last a lot longer than steel bearings as the materials they are made of are self lubricating. But again, most people don't keep 1 chassis forever, maybe 2 years tops. At that rate, buying 2 or even 3 sets of our bearings is still cheaper and faster than a set of ceramics.

supafastsupra2
2009.05.21, 07:55 PM
thats like comparing apples to oranges!! the REFLEX bearings are far better than any ceramics i have used thus far and they are only 12.00. the fet'ng does nothing for stock (as in PN70) but is crazy fast with mod motors. if you dont race in a mod class i would not bother with the fet job .

I beg to differ, FETs make a big difference on pn70 also, especially when coupled with punchy batteries.

ZicZicZoom
2009.05.22, 09:25 AM
yeah supra thats what i thought but i think i want to stay in the stock class so i think i will get 2.4 and bearings

Skv012a
2009.05.22, 12:29 PM
And if Christian says Reflex stuff > ceramics, then go for those.

ZicZicZoom
2009.05.24, 10:48 AM
i will thanks for all the help