PDA

View Full Version : ex-1 mars re-adjust worn trigger function not working.

LED
2009.05.27, 05:52 AM
Hi.

A friend in the club has bought a used ex-1 mars transmitter with a 2.4 module.
We cant get the car to go full speed. When I use the recommended settings on your site the wheels only just start to spin when full throttle is applied. When I try to adjust with high throttle point it wont stop anymore.

I tryed the re-adjust the worn out trigger function on page 66 and it wont accept the settings.

The steering wheel works fine.
The neutral of the trigger works fine, although it is shifted 8 to the brake.
Then when I try to trigger limits they are F 15 and B11 and it wont accept these settings. It just beeps and stays on the screen.

Any ideas what could be wrong ?

Thank you very much.

*edit*

I just found the reason.
The trigger is broken. The part that sits around the pot is broken and slips over the pot not giving the full range of it.
Kan these triggers KOP84002 still be ordered ?

Thx.

Skv012a
2009.05.27, 04:06 PM
I'd like to add a question of my own- my steering is netutral at R5, now is there any way to center it or do all of these TXes come slightly off hence the re-centering features?

My MR and AWD seem to need quite a bit of ST trim to run straight and that's been bugging me too because I havent experienced such w/ my KT18.

-J-
2009.05.27, 08:23 PM
I'd like to add a question of my own- my steering is netutral at R5, now is there any way to center it or do all of these TXes come slightly off hence the re-centering features?

My MR and AWD seem to need quite a bit of ST trim to run straight and that's been bugging me too because I havent experienced such w/ my KT18.

Try taking the tie rod off, powering on the car and letting the servo center (put trim/sub-trim in the radio back to 0) and then put the tie rod back on. That should mechanically center your server as best as it'll center on it's own.

Skv012a
2009.05.27, 10:12 PM
Will do. That still doesn't answer why the ST becomes crooked on Mars vs KT though.

-J-
2009.05.27, 10:35 PM
Will do. That still doesn't answer why the ST becomes crooked on Mars vs KT though.

I'm not exactly sure why. Mechanically centering the steering assembly should fix the problem.

benmlee
2009.05.28, 12:33 AM
Hi.

I tryed the re-adjust the worn out trigger function on page 66 and it wont accept the settings.

Thx.

If you can't reset the trigger, that usually means the trigger is broken. The trigger on the Mars is very weak. You need to support it when you use a screw driver to adjust the width of the trigger. Otherwise, you will break the trigger where it mounts to the potentiometer. You will need to get a new trigger and replace it. I had KO do it for me. Is suppose to be a somewhat long process to replace the trigger.

Skv012a
2009.05.28, 01:32 AM
Was the trigger issue resolved in UR or not?

LED
2009.05.28, 05:33 AM
I looked up the partnumber of the trigger but the above is not the correct one.
Now it is the same one as the UR but to me to look the same.

I glued the trigger and tryed to do the worn trigger thing again.
Now it goes to 25 F and 18 B but still wont accept the values.

Does anyone know what kind of values I should be getting ?

Thx

Skv012a
2009.05.28, 06:17 AM
I have N at 10 back, my values are about 60 forward and about 30 or 40 back if I remember correctly.

KO PROPO Staff
2009.06.09, 01:30 PM
Part # 84006 is the trigger replacement piece for the UR and the older EX-1 Mars and Mars R. This uses the newer resin material that shouldn't brake as easy as the previous trigger. The older part has been discontinued.

Once you install the trigger you will have to preform the function ADJVOL and finish the function. If you cannot finish the function then either the steering or throttle pot is damaged and you will have to send it in for service.

If you are having problems with your Mini-Z centering, try the same function. This re-calibrates the pots to make sure that they are operating correctly. I recommend doing this at least once a month to make sure that everything is operating correctly.

Gofast
2009.06.18, 01:14 PM
Do you do ADJVOL once for the radio or it's for each model memory? It wasn't explained in the manual.

Thanks.

Tjay
2009.06.18, 04:06 PM
Mike: Once.

Gofast
2009.06.19, 07:24 PM
Thanks! TJ.:)