PDA

View Full Version : June 20th, HFAY 2nd BTE!...

imxlr8ed
2009.05.28, 06:41 PM
Ok, sounds like we'll have a great turn out for this one so far... should be an excellent race!

Drivers list (who has posted so far):

lfisminiz
Gasman
Tallgeese
VAZracer
OldCrow
anarchydude
imxlr8ed
soyverde
Ringer

Same classes as last time, but you can use any PN 70t motor (bushing can) in Stock and F1. Mod is what it was. I'm going to try to have a cookout sometime during the day too, I figure we'll tune the morning... run the first heats, eat, and then start racing again. And if you feel you need to tune the night before, I've got a couch, recliner and plenty of floor space to crash on.

So, who else is planning to show? I've got pit space for 12... maybe more.

arch2b
2009.05.28, 07:22 PM
being the day before fathers day might be problematic and a blessing. i hope to make this one!

Old Crow
2009.06.16, 01:17 PM
Still on for this weekend? When do you "open".

imxlr8ed
2009.06.16, 06:14 PM
I'll "open" whenever you guys decide to pound on my bedroom window to get me up. :D

Usually Larry is there around 10am, but no problem to get there earlier if you want... LMK!

So, who all is coming form DC? I know Arch may be out due to a scheduling issue, but any others?

VAzRACER
2009.06.16, 09:05 PM
Were not 100% yet but me and Jeremy will be there for sure, possibly Bill and Ian too. I'm going to talk to them later in the week to see what they want to do.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.16, 10:24 PM
Cool, TTYT.

soyverde
2009.06.17, 12:00 AM
Unless everyone else from DC decides to stay home, I will probably make it up there for this one. :D

Skv012a
2009.06.17, 10:20 AM
I may show depending on when/where.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.17, 10:25 AM
Cool once again... I'm going to get some grub for us all so you won't have to pack lunches.

LOL.... Grip n Flip! Must've been running PN 6s on the front of that Stang!

soyverde
2009.06.17, 09:31 PM
To be fair, it looked like a very windy day. The stickers on the back window = comedy gold, though: :D

http://jalopnik.com/5288801/yeah-thats-gonna-leave-a-mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNsNa5v6nOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQX5Ojj66Y

Back on topic, can you PM your address?

lfisminiz
2009.06.18, 10:20 PM
Love the picture soyverde:eek::D

imxlr8ed
2009.06.19, 09:57 AM
Horse with a heartbeat started prancing a bit... great pic!

PM Sent... if anyone else needs my address... LMK.

Also, Larry usually gets there around 10am but no problem if some want to show earlier.

lfisminiz
2009.06.19, 10:41 AM
Hey Matt and Co. When do you guys plan on being there? Will be good to see all again.:)

LARRY

TALLGEESE
2009.06.19, 12:26 PM
Hey Matt and Co. When do you guys plan on being there? Will be good to see all again.:)

LARRY

Larry, I'm pretty sure that we should be planning on getting to Ed's house right around 10 AM tomorrow. We'll see you there, any ideas on when Ed will be starting the races? I'd like to get in a few practice laps before doing any racing tomorrow.

Skv012a
2009.06.19, 01:32 PM
Whats the adress guys? I'm tempted to go ahead and drive up there while I have free time and all.

lfisminiz
2009.06.19, 02:50 PM
Jeremy...dont sweat it. We will have plenty of practice. Im thinking Ed will start around 1:00?? We will have a couple of hours of tunning.

SKV - im sure Ed will get back to you on address.

Skv012a
2009.06.19, 07:29 PM
Just PMed him, so whenever I hear back. Been a while since I hit the track and though this is far, the track size sounds tempting. I also found my older hfay core tag today lol.

TheRinger
2009.06.19, 10:52 PM
I'll "open" whenever you guys decide to pound on my bedroom window to get me up. :D

Usually Larry is there around 10am, but no problem to get there earlier if you want... LMK!

So, who all is coming form DC? I know Arch may be out due to a scheduling issue, but any others?
Me and ian along with jermey and matt will be there tomorrow in my canyonero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCzCXyQ-bv0).

Skv012a
2009.06.19, 11:58 PM
Could someone please PM me the adress or something?

arch2b
2009.06.20, 09:52 AM
have fun guys! wish i could have been there this time.

lfisminiz
2009.06.21, 02:40 AM
Guys it was good seeing all you again. Good racing and fun.:D

Matt, ill be in touch shortly.;)

Hope you guys had a quick and safe trip.:)

Old Crow
2009.06.21, 10:57 AM
Thanks again Ed, good to see and race with the Virginia club again.

soyverde
2009.06.21, 12:36 PM
Thanks for everything, Ed. That was some great racing yesterday, and I certainly had fun. Hope you get your radio situation worked out so things go a little more smoothly for you next time.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.22, 02:11 AM
Awesomeness... excellent racing with you guys once again! Always a blast!

I hope you didn't have to hit the button too many times on the way home in the Canyonero Bill! (almost sounds like a gunslinger's name there) Excellent driving in Stock! Matt, I don't look forward to seeing you in F1 at the upcoming regional. ;) Ian... thanks for the help with the Core! Great driving too, just seemed like you caught alot of wrecks though. Jeremy... what is there to say that you haven't said already? It's like smoking the good stuff, laughing your ass of for a few hours, and then trying to remember what the hell was so funny! I'm going to record you next time! :D

Larry, Dave, Carl and Jon... yeah yeah yeah, you all did swell too! ;)

Sorry to Igor, I didn't get to check in on here Friday evening or Saturday morning... would have been great to have you! Next time for sure! (you too Ray!)

hrdrvr
2009.06.22, 09:15 AM
^ Who won? Did Larry clean it up agian this time with 80 laps? :eek:

Sounds like y'all had a good time. Wish we were a little closer :D

imxlr8ed
2009.06.22, 12:57 PM
Larry almost broke into the 100s in Stock... the rest of us were just a hair off that pace.

TALLGEESE
2009.06.22, 01:59 PM
I just wanted to thank Ed for letting us use his place for this race. I'd also like to thank Old Crow for the Mclaren body he sold me for a really good price. It looked like everybody who showed up to race had a great time. All of us from DC made it home okay except for an unfortunate incident with some "roadkill" on the way back home.

^ Who won? Did Larry clean it up agian this time with 80 laps? :eek:

Sounds like y'all had a good time. Wish we were a little closer :D

Matt won F1, and me and Larry traded positions for the lead in mod class a few times but he eventually got the win{his Mclaren was flying}.. I don't remember who won the stock class at the moment... Overall though, it was an awesome day of racing, we definitely need to get together with the guys from PA again and run soon.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.22, 03:46 PM
except for an unfortunate incident with some "roadkill" on the way back home.

The Canyonero took the hit well I'm sure. I hit some fresh leftovers in my Chevy Sprint years ago and I swear I went airborne for a second!

hrdrvr
2009.06.22, 07:36 PM
Larry almost broke into the 100s in Stock... the rest of us were just a hair off that pace.

:eek: Dang! Weve been running it for two race nights now, and we are only hitting the 60s :eek:

imxlr8ed
2009.06.22, 10:48 PM
:eek: Dang! Weve been running it for two race nights now, and we are only hitting the 60s :eek:

I'm totally messing with you buddy! (the 100s? c'mon dude!) ;) Just trying to make yall sweat it down there.

I hope you are not cherry-picking your results!

hrdrvr
2009.06.23, 08:13 AM
Cherry picking? Im just trying to get an idea of what we were up against. You guys were all fast last year, and I thought since we were all friends maybe youd let me in on a little info. I guess since we are friends you decided to mess with me :D I knew you were when you dropped '100'....thats why I threw 60 out there. You best believe we are running more than 60 :D

hrdrvr
2009.06.23, 08:19 AM
Oh, I just figured out you meant by cherry picking the results, lol. Nah, we talked about the possibility of other teams doing it, but this is an honesty competition, based on a race, not many, to compete with folks from all over. If we picked our best runs from this whole month, what fun would that be :D We havent even run but one 10 minute main (tha 'A' last week)......We will be doing it this thursday night officially, and we plan to have our game faces on. I think we will only be running stock.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.23, 09:57 AM
Oh, I just figured out you meant by cherry picking the results, lol. Nah, we talked about the possibility of other teams doing it, but this is an honesty competition, based on a race, not many, to compete with folks from all over. If we picked our best runs from this whole month, what fun would that be :D We havent even run but one 10 minute main (tha 'A' last week)......We will be doing it this thursday night officially, and we plan to have our game faces on. I think we will only be running stock.

It's really up to the clubs, same deal as the regular season... "practice as much as the club desires". But once the race is set and sent... no turning back!

I know you guys have to be above the 60s... I raced against you for crying out loud, I know you're all faster than that! :D

You should at least run Mod... it's a tough class on that track.