PDA

View Full Version : Next race ideas

Skv012a
2009.05.31, 09:06 PM
Anybody want to try velcro tag race? Cars can attach to one another via velco strips on the nose and rear so the driver not to get mangled with others will win.

Crew/team race perhaps? Have pairs compete and combine their numbers of laps at the end?

A race/combo with other ideas using 40 tires only? I think they're what comes on newer ASCs as opposed to older 50-60s.

How about 1/24-25 custom body race if you guys are willing to drop 10-15$ and a few days of work?

imxlr8ed
2009.05.31, 11:49 PM
Always wondered what it would be like to have two boards installed into a car, one for throttle only and one for steering... two drivers per car. I'm sure that would be an incredible race for sure! So... who is into splicing some old AM boards together? :D

Sorry, me and my dumb ideas...

VAzRACER
2009.06.01, 12:06 AM
Always wondered what it would be like to have two boards installed into a car, one for throttle only and one for steering... two drivers per car. I'm sure that would be an incredible race for sure! So... who is into splicing some old AM boards together? :D

Sorry, me and my dumb ideas...

You know whats funny, me bill and ian were talking about that exact same thing just yesterday.:p the tuff part would be getting you timing and driving styles to mesh.:confused:

imxlr8ed
2009.06.01, 12:10 AM
Whoa... weird, we've been racing together too much! :D

The more I've been thinking about it though... it does seem completely do-able. It would certainly be one for the history books! Sounds like enduro material to me... could switch between the duties at given times too.

Skv012a
2009.06.01, 02:18 AM
Want an easier version guys? Have some kind of strong string mounted to say, top of 2 cars, so the drivers have to sync or they'd lose in a flash. No board splicing, but very similar result.

arch2b
2009.06.01, 09:13 AM
Want an easier version guys? Have some kind of strong string mounted to say, top of 2 cars, so the drivers have to sync or they'd lose in a flash. No board splicing, but very similar result.

would not work. 1st corner and half the cars would be out. total frustration, no fun = not a good idea.

you want the frustration to be your responsibility in driving the car, not the cars smacking around like clackers you get at the dollar store