PDA

View Full Version : XMODS on Sale

ScottGTO
2009.06.02, 11:52 PM
the "shack" is having a sale on XMODS three different body styles offered for 29.99. No I don't work for them. Looks like the ad shows sales good until June 6th.
Saw it and thought I would share with you all.

Skv012a
2009.06.02, 11:57 PM
Does that include the new R8? That would be a decent buy just to part the body out.

ScottGTO
2009.06.03, 12:18 AM
No only the mustang, GTR and Vette unfortunately
bearing set is only 12 bucks right now too. I just ordered a set for my evo

Skv012a
2009.06.03, 01:18 AM
Ok, so they take PayPal now lol? And ship to stores, perfect!

Eman
2009.06.03, 02:12 PM
Ok, so they take PayPal now lol? And ship to stores, perfect!

Never sure if your trying to be funny or if your being a jerk. RS does take Paypal and they ship to your house. I don't get what your trying to say. Didn't your parents hug you enough?

Skv012a
2009.06.03, 03:33 PM
Never sure if your trying to be funny or if your being a jerk. RS does take Paypal and they ship to your house. I don't get what your trying to say. Didn't your parents hug you enough?

Almost no regular retailer takes paypal, so that was a surprise. If you need glasses to read fine, I suggest hitting up a CVS tonight.

Jace1283
2009.06.03, 08:21 PM
good deal, RS takes paypal?! Wow, thats thinking outside the box

arch2b
2009.06.03, 08:29 PM
not a bad deal for a starter car at all.

S2k Racer
2009.06.04, 07:26 PM
Only annoying part is that the new Xmods don't have interchangable crystals.

Skv012a
2009.06.04, 09:45 PM
Agree there even if it can be fixed. Making an already weak platform even weaker is just sloppy IMO.

ScottGTO
2009.06.05, 12:13 AM
They are worth 30 bucks. With a used AM board swap and AWD kit these are not bad drifting vehicles to practice with since they are heavy and a bit sloppy in the tracking and suspension

S2k Racer
2009.06.05, 12:15 AM
right I guess you could just take advantage of the fact they're cheaper and AM board swap.
Still not as good for Beginers though IMO.

cosmicsoul
2009.06.05, 08:25 AM
IMO your better off saving your money and buying a new Z or better yet, buying one off the forum that is already hopped up. There are lots of good deals out there.:)

Jay

-J-
2009.06.05, 08:39 AM
IMO your better off saving your money and buying a new Z or better yet, buying one off the forum that is already hopped up. There are lots of good deals out there.:)

Jay

Agreed. I fell into the xmod trap when I first got into r/c cars. Spent alot of allowance I wish I could have back. :rolleyes: Save up and get a Z right off the bat and you'll be glad you did.

Skv012a
2009.06.09, 12:19 AM
Agreed. I fell into the xmod trap when I first got into r/c cars. Spent alot of allowance I wish I could have back. :rolleyes: Save up and get a Z right off the bat and you'll be glad you did.

Thats everyone's story on most of these forums lol. I actually don't regret getting my Evo 'bee since it was 30$ and most small upgrades were 1$ on clerance LOL. Sometimes you can't beat a deal, but that rarely happens.

Should be able to pick up my bearings from RS tomorra and see what magical difference they make.

yamar6
2009.06.09, 04:12 PM
for an xmod forum there is alot of haters.I drive my xmod evo around the track with no problems it turns on the dime and yes i had a MR-02 so i know the difference of them.Plus there are alot of problems that the MA-010 has but everyone looks over it cause it's a mini z.What you guys are missing is the xmod is 49.99 and every ma-010 with a nice body is now 200.00 and you still have to put a ton of work and money in to them.

arch2b
2009.06.09, 04:48 PM
exactly. don't hate on the product because it's a $25 rc... your getting exactly what you paid for and to expect anything more is just user error. yes, i said $25 because rs routinely discounts these for about that much. you just end up paying there mark-up and overhead with the new models.

for $25 these are a steal. these things are getting hundreds if not significantly more kids into micro scale rc. the trick is getting them to stick around after they get tired of the xmods limitations.

ScottGTO
2009.06.09, 05:14 PM
Arch2b. you are right on. They are good for what they are and they expose new people to the hobby at an early age who then become the next generations for the hobby. Not to mention provides low cost alternative for father and son participation without spending hundreds for a dad to involve a youngster without breaking the bank.

S2k Racer
2009.06.09, 05:39 PM
Yeah, my friends love my Xmods and so they're starting to get into It, I'd recomend them getting a Miniz instead, but xmods are just SO cheap making them a great starting point.

Skv012a
2009.06.09, 09:11 PM
Meanwhile I'm pissed @ my ship-to-store bearings. FedEx stated they were delivered, yet my store got nothing. Having poor experience w/ Ex before, I wouldn't think twice but to blame them, but at the same times I'm getting pissed @ RS for using that overpriced company.

S2k Racer
2009.06.09, 11:17 PM
Just keep asking them when you'll get them, they'll get them eventually. XD

Skv012a
2009.06.10, 08:47 PM
They told me to go harass the manager of my shack. Great, cuz the girl I saw for 2 days might just be it and she doesn't have it.

ScottGTO
2009.06.11, 11:26 PM
Any luck with your order Skv012a?

Skv012a
2009.06.12, 12:41 AM
Yea, tards had it all along just didn't realize "toy parts we don't even carry in this store" could actually be a web-order by a human being...

Xmod's looking smooth now, but still pretty loud. Now I see why GPM knucks come with those shims heheh.

Felix2010
2009.06.13, 10:37 PM
exactly. don't hate on the product because it's a $25 rc... your getting exactly what you paid for and to expect anything more is just user error. yes, i said $25 because rs routinely discounts these for about that much. you just end up paying there mark-up and overhead with the new models.

for $25 these are a steal. these things are getting hundreds if not significantly more kids into micro scale rc. the trick is getting them to stick around after they get tired of the xmods limitations.

If it wasn't for Xmods I wouldn't be a Mini-Z guy today. I got my first Xmod Evo for $25 just like arch2b said, back in late 2005. In October 2006 I bought my first Z: A brand-new MA-010.
R/C was completely new to me and the year of practice with Xmods IMO was hugely beneficial to my knowledge base into RC electronics and performance. Even though I have a lot of Xmod stuff not getting much use I don't consider it a waste at all. Every once in a while I work on an Xmod chassis and/or PCB setup and they can still be fun. An RC genius who goes by ph2t (Inventor of the WoahNelly turbo series) said that without the Xmods scene (At least in part) there wouldn't have been such great advances in Mini-Z racing, micro motor tech, and other areas of micro RC electronics - It was because of all us Lithium-experimenting/Xmod-modding/chassis-hacking Speed Junkies that MOSFET/motor/battery technology really took-off in the micro 1/28th and smaller scales.

ScottGTO
2009.06.17, 11:09 PM
Exactamundo! That is why I posted this when I found it. A lot of people got their start in the hobby by investing minimally until the hobby bug catches you and you discover that it is a blast!

marc
2009.07.01, 10:28 AM
Only Xmod I'm interested in these day's is the new Audi R8 unless Kyosho makes one for us. Think it'll happen? The R8 would be a sweet AutoScale to have.

arch2b
2009.07.11, 05:10 PM
anyone see the new mustang bodies? i think they actually look nice.