PDA

View Full Version : Alternate dates in June....

arch2b
2009.06.03, 10:35 AM
we have several free weekends in June to fill other than the June 20th, HFAY LTE #2.

june 6/7
june 13/14
june 27/28

anyone up for setting something up at hobby works? awsome rc might work to provided they have 12'x16' floor space.

i have a new track i would like to demo to everyone that requires min. 13'x17' clear floor space. i can do this at home with my kids but i'd prefer to get experienced review/feedback.

TALLGEESE
2009.06.03, 02:18 PM
I'd definitely be up for running on one of the weekends this month other than the 20th, the 13/14th or the 27/28th are good for me, hopefully some other people can make it as well.

i have a new track i would like to demo to everyone that requires min. 13'x17' clear floor space. i can do this at home with my kids but i'd prefer to get experienced review/feedback.

Looks like you got your Realtracks setup, I'd love to try the Dnano on it and see how it does.

arch2b
2009.06.03, 02:45 PM
i have it. i don't want to set it up right now if can bring it to hobby works for us to race on. i'd rather get real world experience vs. tooling around at home.

VAzRACER
2009.06.03, 06:03 PM
I'm open for anytihng but the 6/7, I thing Bill and Ian are tied up that weekend too. Any other date you want to pick is good.

arch2b
2009.06.03, 08:04 PM
anyone want to check hobby works for the other 2 weekends?

soyverde
2009.06.04, 12:02 AM
I can't make it the 6th, 7th, or 13th (not sure about the 14th). Other than that I'm perfectly free. :D

arch2b
2009.06.04, 08:14 AM
can someone put in the request for hobby works for the 14th, a sunday? we can run in the atrium space.

this particular day will be entirely for fun and to show you guys the other track i have for review. it's a good opportunity to try something new and have fun at the same time.

i suggest it be a race whatever you want day. we can do all sorts of short races, similar to what we've done in the past and or one or two small mini enduro's.

i'm open to challenge events too;) pick someone else to race against whom you feel your on level with and see how you do. or pick someone much better to get some practice following good lines...

soulstice
2009.06.04, 08:47 AM
the 20th is definitely the large track event correct?

I'll try to make it out to both. Hopefully I can get 02 in order by then since it's been giving me trouble.

arch2b
2009.06.10, 01:21 PM
has anyone stopped by hw to see if these alternate dates are available? if not, i have the track setup at my house currently.

TALLGEESE
2009.06.11, 06:42 PM
I just got off the phone with Courtney, the weekend of the 13/14th is a no go.. However, the weekend of the 27/28th is good to go so far if anybody is interested in using the space inside the store. If we want to reserve the space outside the store in the hallway we'll have to drop off the reservation request in writing to Courtney by this Monday so we can use the space.

arch2b
2009.06.11, 07:52 PM
this track requires a rather flat subfloor due to it's construction and assembly. i'm not sure the space inside the store is well suited for this track due to the slope that cross in the middle of the track space.

i suggest we either run outside the store or those interested can make the trip to my house. OR, if awsome rc has the space, run there on their floor which i recall being very flat.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1334/medium/IMG_1189.JPG

shame we couldn't get anything setup for this weekend, i was looking forward to getting some track time with someone i can follow vs. running around my kids.

Skv012a
2009.06.12, 02:58 AM
Whats that thing out of Ray? A side note, I noticed that a pretty low-hair carpet/rug rolls are only 16$ for a decent amount of space (6x8 if I remember right) at home depot, so I might look into that one of these, weeks. I think a track I could just roll up might be worth a try.

soyverde
2009.06.12, 06:13 AM
That track looks incredibly thin in the picture (I like it). I wonder how well it will handle the core loop sitting under it...

arch2b
2009.06.12, 08:08 AM
for more information on this track, please check the vendors forum for realtracks.

i think it will be ok with the loop if over carpet. there will be some bump with the loop over tile.

if your looking into roll up tracks, check out portatrax from our member lornecherry.

Skv012a
2009.06.12, 10:01 AM
That real track looks like plastic, but I have a feeling its not as simple. What is the surface exactly? I also like the size and the fact that its thin, might look into this indeed instead of just RCP.

arch2b
2009.06.12, 11:59 AM
i am not going to be able to give you the kind of answer your looking for. all i know is that it is some type of plastic with a textured surface. Please direct specific questions to the realtracks subforum.

so, when does everyone want to race on it?

Skv012a
2009.06.12, 06:19 PM
I can't make this saturday, but anything after is good. Ray, that answer was fine actually, just wanted to confirm the general material.

RealTracks
2009.06.14, 12:20 PM
this track requires a rather flat subfloor due to it's construction and assembly. i'm not sure the space inside the store is well suited for this track due to the slope that cross in the middle of the track space.

Ray,
Next time you have the track set up try placing a few items under the track for grade changes. I think you fill find it takes them O.K. My kids always seem to be disconnecting sections and making jumps. They often use there play floor mats to make bumps. I was surprised recently to see a pool noddle on the outside of the wide radius curve. It actually was a great banked turn. Pretty good for an 8 year old girl. Just pay attention to the placement and joints. If a floor has a slope you should be fine though.

Didn't mean to bust into your thread, I was doing a search for something else and it came up.

Take Care

Skv012a
2009.06.15, 12:01 AM
Whats our next day of anything guys?

arch2b
2009.06.15, 08:28 AM
i was hoping for this past weekend but it now looks like the last weekend of the month.
can someone reserve a date at hobby works?

is there interest beyond maybe 2 people? i can just leave the track at my house and anyone interested can arrange a day to stop by for some racing. i don't want to make a big deal about getting a date somewhere if only a couple people are interested.

Skv012a
2009.06.15, 12:18 PM
I'd be down for your house, so lets see if others wouldn't mind the drive.

arch2b
2009.06.23, 05:19 PM
bueller, bueller...

the weekend is rapidly approaching, last one in june before hfay restarts.

arch2b
2009.06.25, 11:55 AM
is it safe to assume nothing is going to happen this weekend?

i don't recall july being any better for most.

VAzRACER
2009.06.25, 05:53 PM
Sorry, I didnt see you other post. I'm busy this weekend, next weekend I will be in Myrtle Beach, after that a week at the lake which I am leaving a bit early from to make the first hfay, after that I will be in NJ for the Pn race. Thats all of July for me. I guess you could say its a little busy.:rolleyes:

TheRinger
2009.06.29, 09:33 PM
Awesome rc is closed 4 the 4th & 5th. We could set it up at my shop if U want? Thats if U r still looking 4 a place.

arch2b
2009.06.29, 09:35 PM
it's easy to setup, packs up small so i can take it just about anywhere with a flat floor.

this coming weekend is no good for me. michael's b-day party is this weekend.

TheRinger
2009.06.29, 09:52 PM
Oh another time I guess. The weekend after this 1 will not be good 4 me. Heading out of town with girlfriend.

Skv012a
2009.07.06, 05:08 PM
We doin anything this upcoming weekend/sunday?