2009.06.03, 02:43 PM
Venue

Wildwood Community Centre
Winchester Court
Stafford
ST17 4RA
UK.

From 1300hrs until 2200hrs

8.00/ racer (including hot dogs) ..... newcomers free. Non competitors can buy dogs @ 0.25 each.

Racing F1 Nascar, F1 & Min z/Iwaver/Xmod

The Nascar race is the "Stafford 500" ......500 laps (2000 left turns) on a 3 tile wide "oval" track. This is part of the club championship and now looks likely to incorporate the oopster computerised pace car.:eek:

Those racers without F1 Nascars can borrow 1 of mine, I have 5 available. They are double stacked 4562 fets with x speed motors complete with core tags. You provide the batteries & maybe the crystal.............Reserve yours now.

The 500 will take place around 3-3.30pm after which will be HFAY large track event.

You can bring your own food & drink. Kitchen facilities available. A supermarket is located next door (Sunday opening hours).

Tornado
2009.06.04, 03:43 PM
I'll be there :)

Programmers
2009.06.04, 03:56 PM
Super chuffed you moved it Bri, cheers! See you there guys!

http://www.staffordminizracers.co.uk/layout/adverts/the-stafford-500.jpg

oopster
2009.06.04, 11:04 PM
I'm planning on winning, and maintaing my endurance crown lol!

Programmers
2009.06.08, 02:21 PM
I plan on maintaining my Stafford 500 crown... :p

Hey! It's a year this month since you first came to the club ent it! Congrats! :D

oopster
2009.06.08, 02:46 PM
Well I've been preparing for the 500 since last year. Hoping to bring a few people along too.

Programmers
2009.06.08, 03:19 PM
Lol, I've not prepared at all. My cars the same as it was last year and it's lovely. Hope your preperation pays off... ;)

digger
2009.06.09, 10:12 PM
i will be there can you sort me out a car brian :D

BrianMidnight
2009.06.10, 06:13 PM
i will be there can you sort me out a car brian :D

I've got one reserved for you :)

oopster
2009.06.12, 01:04 AM
My car should be all working for then, but as a backup, can you put a car to one side for me too please Bri?

Thanks

BrianMidnight
2009.06.12, 12:09 PM
My car should be all working for then, but as a backup, can you put a car to one side for me too please Bri?

Thanks

Will do no prob.

digger
2009.06.17, 10:30 PM
thanks brian i will try not to break it :D do you have the hardware/software to alter the settings on the 2.4 board in the car :)

BrianMidnight
2009.06.18, 06:51 PM
thanks brian i will try not to break it :D do you have the hardware/software to alter the settings on the 2.4 board in the car :)

Yes I have ....the standalone version no computer needed.....had it a fortnight but ain't tried it yet. Sounds like you've purchased a 2.4???? ...if so you can show me how to use this gadget.

oopster
2009.06.28, 04:32 PM
Had fun today for the short time I was there, but now I have to sound a bit horrible.

I was weaving and driving round obstacles and other cars that we're in the way, but some others seemed to not be able to do a lap without crashing into other people, or seemingly deliberately T-boning the car in front.

I know this is just a bit of fun, but there needs to be some driving standards. I want to carry on coming to the club, 'cos I have really enjoyed myself this past year, but if I'm going to be crashed into by someone who can't make the effort to drive round other cars, then I'm going to have to stop I'm afraid. :(

Programmers
2009.06.29, 06:22 AM
We're all guilty of this, Sarah and you're no exception I'm afraid. It's not nice but it's something that comes with the hobby. Something I would assume you would know about more than any of us, having been in it for so long.

Bri lost a whole car yesterday in an accident with me. Side by side, down the straight and we both went into a wall. Unfortunatly for him, his car rolled and he lost power... Turns out, his electronics went! I'm sure Bri wont give up and that's as bad as it gets really... You've got to accept it Sarah and when racing we all must work as a team to avoid accidents.

For example... If someone is coming up to you much quicker, it's not always wise to expect them to pass...

The Nascar is a FAST race, you saw that. So when you're not moving particularly quick, you need to be out the way really. For the bennefit of everyone.

What you say is quite ironic, because we were just discussing last night how clean the racing seemed to be yesterday lol.

It was a top day and the Formula one was awesome.

I absoloutly loved that track. The sweeping corners, followed by the hairpins - coorrr.... Loved it. Some corking lap times set by Matt too, which is always awesome to try keep up with.

I'm currently in emails with my service provider about the website. Sorry guys. I should have sorted something within a week and will have the video, piccies, etc up ASAP.

Finally... Lovely to meet Chris. Top guy! :)

oopster
2009.06.29, 06:32 AM
No Tom, we're not. Crashing into someone from behind is not racing, it's just lazy and bad driving. If I crash into someone, it's 'cos I can't help it. In every other racing I do this doesn't happen, and you there are punishments for it.

You're a good driver Tom, but you could be better, and you don't need to crash into your oponents to win, and if you don't crash, then you get better results as a result.

I'm probably going racing again next sunday at the bedworth track, so why don't you come along and see some good fun competitive racing. Bedworth's only off junction 3, so not far from where you are.

Programmers
2009.06.29, 07:33 AM
So when everyone else hits someone from behind, it's lazy and bad driving but when you do it, it's accidental...

That's a really unfair and hypocritical remark. No one likes to crash and I seriously doubt anyone goes around crashing people out the way to win!

I especially don't like crashing and can often be heard moaning about it, so I certainly find it insulting when you're suggesting that the reason I am quicker than anyone is because I ram them! Admittedly, I have hit people (by accident) and beat them in races, but haven't we all? I did it just yesterday, and I bet a few others did too!

I also don't think any of us is that good that we can just ram people as and when we feel like it or avoid other cars 99% of the time as you suggest. Even the best of the best have silly crashes, I'm sure.

I think that if you spent more time on getting your cars to run well and spent more time on the track you would see it isn't that bad.

For example, when you turn up 3.5 hours after the meet has started with a car that doesn't work and still attempt to race it, what do you expect? People not to hit you as you struggle to drive in a straight line?

I specifically remember the difficulty I had trying to get around you for your erratic driving patterns. That's not the first time either!

200+ laps in (give or take), you were also the first person in the 500 yesterday to flip me as you hit me straight up the backside within minutes of being on the track.

I think you are being really unfair and quite hypocritical Sarah to come along and criticise a whole clubs driving standards despite your several, own past experiences on the track.

oopster
2009.06.29, 08:01 AM
I wasn't criticising everyone's driving at the club Tom, I was trying to avoid naming people. You seemed to hit me every single time you we're behind me, rather than drive round me, that's not racing.

Yes I did turn up late, but I'd said weeks ago that I was racing elsewhere earlier in the day, and would be late. I also said that I would be there yesterday round about the time I turned up, and asked if the 500 could be held till I turned up, but I think that's in the thread previous to this which has now been deleted for the most part, so as muich as I might have been upset that it wasn't, that can't be helped. The date was moved for you as you'd booked tickets for a festival.

I also wasn't saying that you crash into people to win, I was saying, no-one needs to crash into others to win.

Until I borrowed a car from Bri, my car didn't want to co-operate, but once I had a borrowed car, I went pretty well, I just think that you've gotten into too many bad habbits in your driving Tom, I'm not trying to make this a nasty thing or a personal thing, and I tried mentioning this to you in a nice way at the last meeting I was at.

I've got to apologise to Digger (and Brian - sorry Bri, I think my cars are just magnetically attracted to yours in some way) about the last time I was at the club. I'd had another day where I kept getting crashed into, and just had enough, so I started driving without caring who or what I hit and hit his car, and I felt really bad about that, as I know I'm a better driver than that. I've rolled my car before avoiding hitting someone else who's crashed in front , which has spoilt my race before.

You can take this personally if you want and throw your toys out the pram if you want to, but I want to compete in a "clean" race where I know that's what the other drivers want, and we only crash into each other when we can't avoid it.

Programmers
2009.06.29, 09:27 AM
I wasn't criticising everyone's driving at the club Tom, I was trying to avoid naming people. You seemed to hit me every single time you we're behind me, rather than drive round me, that's not racing.

You can take this personally if you want and throw your toys out the pram if you want to, but I want to compete in a "clean" race where I know that's what the other drivers want, and we only crash into each other when we can't avoid it.

I am absolutely livid with your accusations. So basically, you're gonna leave the club because I'm such a bad driver and if I take it personally, I'm acting childish and throwing my toys out the pram? I find that seriously ironic considering you were threatening to leave the club unless I become a better driver.

If that's not throwing your toys out the pram - what is?

I can't beleive you think I ram you on purpose. Get over yourself. If I was going to be ramming my competitors don't you think I would have been after Matt and Chris yesterday!? I hit those guys a lot too, and vice versa but none of it would have been intentional.

I also only remember hitting you 3/4 times - each time I remember coming up behind you and actually dreading trying to pass you! You're not an easy person to pass - especially on straights - which was 90% of the track. It's not like it's any quicker for me to crash - is it.

Yes I did turn up late, but I'd said weeks ago that I was racing elsewhere earlier in the day, and would be late. I also said that I would be there yesterday round about the time I turned up, and asked if the 500 could be held till I turned up, but I think that's in the thread previous to this which has now been deleted for the most part, so as muich as I might have been upset that it wasn't, that can't be helped. The date was moved for you as you'd booked tickets for a festival.
That's pathetic. I never made Bri change the event and I never asked. I realised my mistake not warning Bri and was prepared to miss it. You CHOSE to come late. Also - no one at the club was aware you were going to be late as we spent the most part of the morning saying "I wonder where Sarah is?" Furthermore, how long did you expect us to wait? We did have a track to strip (including the wooden banking) a new one to rebuild and another three races to run following the 500... What did you expect?

Bri moved the event for me because he could. Yesterday, we couldn't have waited any longer and were racing till later than normal anyway!

Until I borrowed a car from Bri, my car didn't want to co-operate, but once I had a borrowed car, I went pretty well, I just think that you've gotten into too many bad habbits in your driving Tom, I'm not trying to make this a nasty thing or a personal thing, and I tried mentioning this to you in a nice way at the last meeting I was at.
Despite each one of us having a lot of troubles with you in that race - you single me out. When I know full well you hit other people a LOT more than I hit you... Yet - did they complain?

Each month, you come along ill prepared and stick a stupidly quick, half setup car on the track and drive like a madman, expecting us all to deal with it. And because we can't - we're bad drivers. Then furthermore, you single me out to be the main problem and expect me not to be offended!!! The bloody cheek!

oopster
2009.06.29, 11:32 AM
It must be my fault then when a car knocks me off the track from behind then.

oopster
2009.06.29, 11:43 AM
"I also only remember hitting you 3/4 times - each time I remember coming up behind you and actually dreading trying to pass you! You're not an easy person to pass - especially on straights - which was 90% of the track. It's not like it's any quicker for me to crash - is it."

That's the whole point, the driver in front isn't supposed to make it easy for the car behind, that's why it's called racing, as for leaving the club if you don't improve your driving, I've been feeling this way for a while now as I'm sick of being crashed into from behind, if you can't get past the car in front of you, you wait for an opportunity to pass, you don't just ram them out of the way, it's called driver ettiquette.

I didn't single you in in my first posting on this Matt (oops, that should have been Tom - my bad), becuase I didn't want this kind of thing to happen. I'm not new to racing, but if I we're and was constantly being crashed into, then how long do you think it would be before I gave it up as a bad idea?

I know you're not deliberately trying to take anyone out, but you need to be looking out for cars in front of you in order to plan how to pass them. I can't remember how many times yesterday I was weaving round slower cars, and if it had come to it, I would have slowed to a stop.

I'm only asking for something simple, and that is a certain driver standard, but instead, you think I'm singling you out for criticism. I'm used to much faster cars, so when I put a slower motor in my car, I end up "boredom racing" which in itself leads to mistakes.

As for a badly prepped car, I'm relatively new to mini-z, and the club only races 12 times a year, so of course I'm not going to get chance to setup or practice. With my bigger cars, I'm down the outside track at Stafford every week, and sometimes the whole day the week of a national meet.

I'm going to leave it here, and not reply any further 'cos this is just going to turn nasty, and that wasn't what any I wanted or what anyone wants.

Programmers
2009.06.29, 11:54 AM
That's the whole point, the driver in front isn't supposed to make it easy for the car behind, that's why it's called racing, as for leaving the club if you don't improve your driving, I've been feeling this way for a while now as I'm sick of being crashed into from behind, if you can't get past the car in front of you, you wait for an opportunity to pass, you don't just ram them out of the way, it's called driver ettiquette.
So you drive like that to block people? It looks a little unpredictable to me... I see what you're saying about racing competitively but you shouldn't be blocking drivers that are well ahead anyway. For example, yesterday, you were blocking me for what gain? I had over 200 laps on you. What would it have achieved? Don't try pulling that one!

I know you're not deliberately trying to take anyone out, but you need to be looking out for cars in front of you in order to plan how to pass them. I can't remember how many times yesterday I was weaving round slower cars, and if it had come to it, I would have slowed to a stop.
But I can't remember the amount of times you've rammed me or others in the back too. Hence why I'm personally so insulted! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

As for a badly prepped car, I'm relatively new to mini-z, and the club only races 12 times a year, so of course I'm not going to get chance to setup or practice. With my bigger cars, I'm down the outside track at Stafford every week, and sometimes the whole day the week of a national meet.
No excuses Sarah! We all have the same time between each meet and you've been attending for a year now. Put it like this: It was Chris' first meet yesterday and he drove amazingly well in one of Bri's cars. He was one lap behind me in the end and really made me work for it. He also was a strong competitor in all the other races he entered in his own cars that he had never driven before on a track. You really can't use the "once a month" thing as an excuse for being badly prepared...

digger
2009.06.30, 08:10 PM
thanks for another great days racing as always bit hot for the nascar race :eek:but it was fun thanks for the lone of the car brian:) some realy close racing on the hfay track with tom and good to meet you chris and chat hope you got some good info from your visit:) about the driving sarah got to admit iam not the best driver at times and with this small scale they seem to show up your mistakes more i know me and tony had problems with the rear tyre coming of the rim in the nascar so at times it made the back end very loose it was only fun event as for the amout of track time pepole get i think you have an advantage as you go racing regauly so your skills are in tune more than us i think most of us only pick a tranny up when we are at a stafford and as for a slow car we should all be using the same motor i know they sometimes seem slow if you have been racing something alot faster but it is a motor limited class you will get more crashes in such a small group due to the mixture of abilltys of the drivers i know your used to being put in groups with drivers of the same abilty but its not possable with number there is hope you dont lose heart club and get your radio glitches sorted :) tom if i hit you i cant see a black car on a black track on that far bank thats why i drve a pink car :D tom sent you a pm about lambo:)

Programmers
2009.07.01, 03:08 AM
tom if i hit you i cant see a black car on a black track on that far bank thats why i drve a pink car :D tom sent you a pm about lambo:)
Lol I can't say I can recall anyone particularly frustrating me Sunday Matt. Especially not you. Maybe my dad and Bri got a little reaction from me during the F1 but that was bloody funny when I ended up being pulled around two corners by my back wheel lol.

Cheers for the PM. :D

kryten
2009.07.01, 07:16 AM
i know me and tony had problems with the rear tyre coming of the rim in the nascar so at times it made the back end very loose

Is Bri still lending out nascars where the tyres/wheels fall off? The one i used last year did that,anything for an edge eh Bri? lol

digger
2009.07.01, 07:54 AM
yeah rear outside tyre kept on peeling back thou it might be the way i drive you know what iam like for loseing tyres:D

oopster
2009.07.01, 08:53 AM
Didn't realise my motor was that much faster till Tom mentioned it, but, I've had to turn the hipoint down on my motor to give it less speed, but I think it just means I've got more power.

I'll be getting some HFAY motors in later this month or next.

Maybe I'm being unfair seemingly picking on Tom, but I have noticed moreso that if anyone takes me out, it does tend to he him.

Think my radio problems can be sorted by putting some capacitors on my motor, but the problem is, I might not be able to know if that'll work till I'm there with other peoples transmitters are turned on, due to the problem that it is.

kryten
2009.07.01, 10:18 AM
yeah rear outside tyre kept on peeling back thou it might be the way i drive you know what iam like for loseing tyres:D

LOL Matt,i forgot you can do just as many laps with only 3 tyres on the car. :D

Programmers
2009.07.01, 05:18 PM
Maybe I'm being unfair seemingly picking on Tom, but I have noticed moreso that if anyone takes me out, it does tend to he him.
Unfair? Damn right. Your completely out of line. Each month you easily cause most havoc on the track and have the audacity to come onto a public forum and try and make me out to be a bad driver?!

Your excuses will only get you so far and your lap counts speak volumes:

The time trials are a solo event, I wasn't there to ram you then and you were still 45 seconds of the pace and only 4 seconds faster than my dad, the man who had never raced RC until a year ago.

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/TimeTrials/TimeTrialTrack1/tabid/88/Default.aspx

Whatsmore, we're not even in the same HFAY class each month!

Didn't realise my motor was that much faster till Tom mentioned it, but, I've had to turn the hipoint down on my motor to give it less speed, but I think it just means I've got more power.
You will need to change your motor to a HFAY or a stock one before next meet; you are no exception to the rules I'm afraid. If you're that fantastic that a slow motor bores you, then you will have no problem putting me and everyone else in their place.

oopster
2009.07.01, 05:29 PM
Grow up Tom.

For the record, I thought the time trial was a single lap thing, so when I messed up one lap, I eased off preparing for a better lap.

I'm slowing getting to grips with the Mini-z's.

If the motor I'm using for the HFAY isn't allowed, then disallow my times when I was using those motors, but I don't think that decision is upto you. I didn't know till you pointed it out to me, that my motor wasn't legal for the HFAY.

I'm just sick of being crashed into, you seem to be making excuses for why you might crash into me, rather than improving your own driving, we should all be trying our best to improve our driving.

Programmers
2009.07.01, 05:53 PM
Grow up Tom.
Me? You're the one whining because you're fed up of getting rammed all the time. Wah! :(

For the record, I thought the time trial was a single lap thing, so when I messed up one lap, I eased off preparing for a better lap.
Your excuses will only get you so far

If the motor I'm using for the HFAY isn't allowed, then disallow my times when I was using those motors, but I don't think that decision is upto you.
Again... Me, grow up?

I'm just sick of being crashed into, you seem to be making excuses for why you might crash into me, rather than improving your own driving, we should all be trying our best to improve our driving.
'We' being the key word there.

oopster
2009.07.01, 06:13 PM
Ok Tom, you win, I quit. I tried to avoid naming people, simply stating that I'm sick of being crashed into, I didn't mention you till you got on your high horse taking everything far too personally, plus twisting everything I say. I don't intend crashing into anyone, but sometimes I do, that's a fact I can't deny. I also can't deny trying to avoid crashing into people.

I was crashed into on the Nascar circuit going into the banking, when I was at full speed, how do you explain that as being my fault?

Sorry guys, but I can't come racing again while things are the way they are.

kryten
2009.07.01, 06:24 PM
This thread is going nowhere now,if you wish to continue arguing,please do so via PM.

Thread closed.