PDA

View Full Version : Tire Wearing Funny

ZicZicZoom
2009.06.09, 10:40 PM
i dont know if this is the normal way for a tire to wear but it seems to be deteriorating and it looks as if it was half shreded

This was right after i bought Pn 0.5 Knuckles

EMU
2009.06.09, 11:42 PM
I cant see the picture. What tires are you using, and what surface are you running on?

If the tire looks like it is peeling apart, then you are using too soft of a tire for your conditions. Try one step harder. Also, if you are racing on a large track with a lot of high speed sweepers, the .5d knuckles may not be enough camber. I prefer 1.5d camber for large tracks, and .5d camber for small tight tracks.

Also, make sure that you are not turning the wheels too much, causing unnecessary scrub, which will make the tire wear faster, and deliver less steering. Try reducing the endpoint or the steering travel a little at a time until you get better tire wear but still have as much steering as you need.

-J-
2009.06.10, 02:06 AM
I can't view the photo either, says invalid attachment. Try what EMU suggested, should help with the problem.

ZicZicZoom
2009.06.10, 08:14 AM
ok thanks yeah it is a big track and the tire does look like it is peeling apart
My second try at the attachment:

-J-
2009.06.10, 08:17 AM
ok thanks yeah it is a big track and the tire does look like it is peeling apart
My second try at the attachment:

Attachment still not working.

ZicZicZoom
2009.06.10, 08:52 AM
so what exactly do u do does the pic have to be on the internet to attach it?

Eman
2009.06.10, 10:36 PM
I once had a PN 6 Wide Radial melt in the pack. It looked like it melted anyway. The other tire in the pack was ok, but that one looked like it had been nuked. Somewhat off subject but was wandering if anyone else has experienced this.

EMU
2009.06.10, 10:45 PM
so what exactly do u do does the pic have to be on the internet to attach it?
You have to go to advanced, then under advanced options, you click manage attachments. There you can upload the file from your computer. Once it is uploaded to the forums, you can display it by putting and tags around the link destination.

So if the file is www.234.com/56.jpg, you would put that between the IMG tags to have it load on the page automatically. Otherwise, the viewers can just click the link at the bottom of the post to view it.

ZicZicZoom
2009.06.10, 11:12 PM
ok thanks for the info