PDA

View Full Version : QteQ differential parts

Rune
2009.06.15, 02:58 PM
Wow.
These parts are amazing. So light, and very impressive finish.

The car feels more responsive with these parts. You guys have a winner here:)

Rune

CristianTabush
2009.06.15, 03:26 PM
Thanks, I too noticed a very good performance increase. The car spools up quicker and also slows down better, providing better acceleration and more steering off of high speed corners. I have a whole lot more coming in, in different colors. I am installing them in all of my cars...

MikeL
2009.06.15, 03:51 PM
What shaft/diff rings are these compatible with?

CristianTabush
2009.06.15, 04:19 PM
They are compatible with all, so long as you are using a Kyosho spur gear. Otherwise, if you are using 64 pitch, you must use the 3Racing Ball diff rings which are thicker.

pedrocamp
2009.06.15, 05:16 PM
I assume you could sand down the diff half, or halves, as you do when using the 64P spur with Kyosho diff parts? Is the issue the depth of the center boss?

EMU
2009.06.15, 05:25 PM
Pedrocamp, that is what I did. I used Kyosho plates and o-ring, and shaved down the center of the half diff half that is next to the o-ring. Looks really good, and has more steering on corner exit and more acceleration. I have mine on a 3Racing ti shaft, and it fit perfectly.

VAzRACER
2009.06.15, 05:45 PM
CT,

I know these are out of stock right now, but if I place an order for these on your site will you just ship them out once thay are available? Thanks.

pedrocamp
2009.06.15, 05:50 PM
Thanks EMU, I would like to use the thinner rings. Looking forward to trying these parts, spotted them a while back on the Multiverse website and have been wanting to get a hold of them. Reducing weight is good, reducing rotating weight is great! Thanks for picking these up Reflex, except now everyone will have them. Ditto on the preorder...

CristianTabush
2009.06.15, 05:53 PM
E-mail me to the site with the parts you want, in the color you want and I will set up a pre-order for them. Same for the rest of the gang. Anyone who wants some, I will take e-mail orders for them. I can manually process them, no problem.

I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of the diff parts myself. I ran it back to back, with a regular diff and the car felt much better. I did not think it was going to make as big of a difference as it did. The rip coming out of the corners is ridiculous. Now that we have a bigger track, man these came in handy. Especially at the end of the straightaway, where you go from 1/2 straight, to full sweeper, to 30 ft straightaway, into a chicane, into another sweeper. Slowing down to set-up for the chicane was much easier with the car slowing down quicker. It is a controlled slow down though, not like motor drag.

I too, as EMU, was using the 3Racing Ti shaft. I will install the PN one soon, but we are also working on a lightweight Ti shaft for the MR-02 currently. I hope you all notice our area of development on our Reflex parts ;)

yasuji
2009.06.15, 09:41 PM
Thanks EMU, I would like to use the thinner rings. Looking forward to trying these parts, spotted them a while back on the Multiverse website and have been wanting to get a hold of them. Reducing weight is good, reducing rotating weight is great! Thanks for picking these up Reflex, except now everyone will have them. Ditto on the preorder...

dont forget to mention the advantages of less unprung mass...;)

pedrocamp
2009.06.15, 10:41 PM
Quite true, but in an 02 even the motor is (partially) unsprung mass.

CristianTabush
2009.06.16, 12:39 AM
All of you guys are on the pre-order now...

color01
2009.06.16, 02:45 AM
Cristian, would you be able to get me a pair of Kyosho diff rings along with the Qteq diff parts? I've been running PN diffs for a while so I don't have anything that would fit the Qteq hubs. :o Let me know and I'll place a preorder too.

Rune
2009.06.16, 03:08 AM
What I use is Kyosho rings, O-ring, ATM ti shaft, 64pitch spur. I sanded down the diff half just as i had done earlier on the kyosho diff half. Just needed on one side.

I am really looking forward for the RR Ti shaft.

EMU
2009.06.16, 03:53 AM
I am going to build up another Qteq diff this week for my MRCG :d These parts are super light... And look great at the same time. I weighed it against the Kyosho parts they replaced the Qteq diff halves are about .5g, and the Kyosho about .9g. I didnt have a Kyosho adjustment nut handy... so I didnt weigh that. But it states 58% lighter on the packaging, and I believe it.

-J-
2009.06.16, 03:57 AM
Could someone posts a couple photos of their diff with QteQ parts? Sounds like they are decent parts, but I'm not sure of exactly what they do and where they go.

MantisMMA
2009.06.16, 01:01 PM
http://www.reflexracing.net/products.asp?cat=29&pg=3

ianc
2009.06.16, 01:20 PM
Could someone posts a couple photos of their diff with QteQ parts?

The link Mantis posted is just to Reflex's product page where they can be ordered (when in stock). ;)

I too wondered exactly how these are fitted and what the diff looks like with them. I asked Christian about it and he promised to post some soon,

ianc

CristianTabush
2009.06.16, 04:25 PM
I will have pics up tonight. I just got my new camera booth, so I will get to take some good pics. The ones I had just were not very good.

:)

-J-
2009.06.16, 10:29 PM
^ No problem. Take your time.

CristianTabush
2009.06.17, 12:03 AM
http://www.reflexracing.net/images/RR02/QTEQ_00.jpg
http://www.reflexracing.net/images/RR02/QTEQ_01.jpg
http://www.reflexracing.net/images/RR02/QTEQ_02.jpg
http://www.reflexracing.net/images/RR02/QTEQ_03.jpg
http://www.reflexracing.net/images/RR02/QTEQ_04.jpg

They are a bit dirty, the car has seen some serious testing lately.

color01
2009.06.17, 01:42 AM
Cristian, sent you an email. Thanks! :)

-J-
2009.06.17, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the photos Christian.

Traveler
2009.06.17, 06:56 AM
Nice pictures CT :D

It took me a minute to envsion how they would fit by looking at the parts on RR, but they are smaller than I expected.

Given these parts are 6 point stars, I'm wondering if they will work better with an ATM or K spur which use 6 balls, as opposed to a PN or 3R spur with 5 or 10 balls (not withstanding the sanding that is needed for 64p).

Would also be nice to hear more about the manufacturer and what else they make.

Can wait until you get more in stock!

CristianTabush
2009.06.17, 11:43 AM
I don't think the number of balls really affects the performance due to the design, since the rings are hard and are never going to flex. On that note, I do believe 6 balls is a much better design than the 10 or 5 balls. Which is the reason, we are also working on 6 ball, 64 pitch spur gears. :)

ianc
2009.06.17, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the pics Christian; those look great!

I may have to try these. You say they will work on the 3Racing diffs?

ianc

Traveler
2009.06.17, 11:50 AM
I'm a little OCD (I think), so 6 point star and 6 balls makes me happy :D LOL

Now if you just make a reasonably priced Ti LM diff shaft I will be thrilled!

BTW - I like the changes to the RR site, but what's this "area of development on our Reflex parts" you hinted about earlier in this thread about??? :confused:

RR (and PN) are introducing new stuff so fast as of late my head is spinning :)

-J-
2009.06.17, 12:04 PM
I'm a little OCD (I think), so 6 point star and 6 balls makes me happy :D LOL

Now if you just make a reasonably priced Ti LM diff shaft I will be thrilled!

BTW - I like the changes to the RR site, but what's this "area of development on our Reflex parts" you hinted about earlier in this thread about??? :confused:

RR (and PN) are introducing new stuff so fast as of late my head is spinning :)

You took the words out of my mouth. :D

CristianTabush
2009.06.17, 02:42 PM
Through testing this year, we have realized how big of a difference drive train efficiency make. Our new area of focus will be drive train parts, almost exclusively. We have several projects working on new parts that will make your car much faster, especially in the hotly contested stock class.

Ian, yes, they work on the 3 Racing diffs. So long as you are using their original rings.

ocean rodeo
2009.06.17, 04:29 PM
Are those foam tires your testing also???

CristianTabush
2009.06.17, 05:42 PM
Nah, just worn down Kyosho 20 radials. This is what they look like when they are getting up to proper temperature and gripping well. :)

VAzRACER
2009.06.17, 05:42 PM
I don't think the number of balls really affects the performance due to the design, since the rings are hard and are never going to flex. On that note, I do believe 6 balls is a much better design than the 10 or 5 balls. Which is the reason, we are also working on 6 ball, 64 pitch spur gears. :)

I'm blad to hear you are developing the 64p with 6 diff balls. I went from standard kyosho spur gears to 64p with 5 balls and have not been very happy with them, they dont feel as smooth and the cars just dont feel the same to me. Any idea on when they will be available? Or maybe a pre order?:D

Thanks

CristianTabush
2009.06.17, 06:08 PM
I am receiving a first batch very soon. Once I do the testing, the rest should follow. Maybe about a month out, this is just a guess. First we have to do a bit of testing to make sure that the tolerances are good and that they run smooth. They will be machined, instead of molded, so they should be a little more precise, quieter and more efficient than the PN's. :)

VAzRACER
2009.06.17, 06:11 PM
Thanks alot CT, keep us posted.

pfcparts
2009.06.17, 07:00 PM
I've reverted back to K diffs for most of the running cars
for that reason. The 6 just feels like it holds better.

Do they house a bearing like the pn 64ps? I don't like
sanding the plates lol.

-----

Parts look good.

Not too overpriced either. Coupled with PN's new shaft,
you'd have a pretty light diff.

Oteq makes drivetrain parts, nuts, front bumpers, and h plates
if I recall correctly.

Their stock diff parts had my eye (was actually on my
next import) for a while before I stopped picking stuff up.

-----

Machined parts? Would that keep the cost down? :o

parts

CristianTabush
2009.06.17, 07:13 PM
PFC, some of the details of the spur will not be released until they are ready. We want to keep some things on the DL ;)

As for the rest of the QteQ catalog, we will be distributing pretty much a full line of their products, with the exception of what they call the "clevis" set. I am working on uploading all the products and pictures tonight.

What I am happiest about QteQ parts is their quality. A lot of their parts are made of molded plastic and they are better quality than what is currently available out there...

pfcparts
2009.06.18, 02:59 AM
Fair enough.

Hopefully in white for that stock look.
That and it's easier to spot if I have
crap in there lol.

-----

Subscribed.

Good deal.

Something to keep an eye out for then. :p

cheers.

parts

Traveler
2009.06.23, 12:30 PM
Just ordered mine. Hardest part was deciding on a color/colour. Went with grey/gray because it should look the best with a Ti shaft, silver rings and black Kyosho spur. Can't wait! :cool:

VAzRACER
2009.06.23, 06:03 PM
CT,

I sent you the money for the pre order a few days ago, any idea when the parts might ship out. Thanks.

Traveler
2009.06.23, 06:27 PM
VAzRacer,

You may want to email him or call him. Not sure how often he checks the forums, but he's very good about replying to emails or taking calls. Contact info is on the RR site.

chad508
2009.06.23, 06:51 PM
i assumed they were available as they come back in stock, am i wrong. i just ordered a grey set today.

CT,

I sent you the money for the pre order a few days ago, any idea when the parts might ship out. Thanks.

skyler
2009.06.23, 07:16 PM
i assumed they were available as they come back in stock, am i wrong. i just ordered a grey set today.

I read on the RR site that they would be in stock 2 weeks from today, but i hope they will be in sooner!

CristianTabush
2009.06.23, 11:23 PM
For the ones that ordered before 6/21/09, they will ship out tomorrow. I believe, the cut-off might be like order 1596. Not entirely sure. The new order is on the way, so they should be in sometime next week. My guess is I will have them shipped by next Friday, at the latest. The order coming in next week is almost sold out already again. :) So if you guys want to get some, get in line ;)

Thanks to everyone for their support and patience. We are ironing out a lot of things with QteQ, as we are their first and only International distributor, therefore, both parties are learning the business practices of each side of the World. We are both getting better at communicating slowly and steadily.

On another note, the rest of the QteQ stuff is in, so check out the site late tonight and tomorrow for all kinds of new goodies.

CT

CristianTabush
2009.06.23, 11:24 PM
BTW Matt, your stuff will ship out FOR SURE tomorrow.

color01
2009.06.24, 04:26 AM
Looking forward to receiving them. :) Btw Cristian you've yet to charge me anything, I don't know how much to pay you!

CristianTabush
2009.06.24, 04:39 AM
Brian, it's a bit late, so I will bill you tomorrow. :P I am off to bed. You should be in this current shipment...

CristianTabush
2009.06.24, 01:10 PM
Brian and Joey, I just sent you the requests...

chad508
2009.06.24, 02:47 PM
so is the order i made yesterday for these parts not available. if not will my whole order be put on hold until they are available?

CristianTabush
2009.06.24, 02:58 PM
Chad, that would be the case 99.9% of the time, since it is listed on the product page that the parts are on B/O for about 2 weeks. Good news is that I ordered some extra parts on the previous order and they did come in, so Marwan and Chad, your orders were able to sneak in due to the colors you selected. And yes, you are getting the colors you both ordered...

chad508
2009.06.24, 03:46 PM
sounds good i didn't notice they said b/o i did see that red was showing out of stock but the other colors did not. on another not the new qteq shaft that comes with nuts, how can we get the non drive side tapered nut. i did not see that available seperately

CristianTabush
2009.06.24, 04:44 PM
That is the one part from QteQ that I am still not carrying. I will probably put it on the next order. I just did not see a whole lot of use for it, but after I thought about it, it is pretty darn convenient...

Traveler
2009.06.24, 07:05 PM
Chad, that would be the case 99.9% of the time, since it is listed on the product page that the parts are on B/O for about 2 weeks. Good news is that I ordered some extra parts on the previous order and they did come in, so Marwan and Chad, your orders were able to sneak in due to the colors you selected. And yes, you are getting the colors you both ordered...

Awesome news! I too didn't realize these were on B/O. Must not have paid close enough attention. So I was surprised to get an email saying items shipped. Even better knowing I got my selected color! Can't wait! Thanks a bunch CT!:D

chad508
2009.06.24, 07:47 PM
That is the one part from QteQ that I am still not carrying. I will probably put it on the next order. I just did not see a whole lot of use for it, but after I thought about it, it is pretty darn convenient...

i figured with the back side of that wheel not needing a bushing with the new part, not having one on the front would get rid of 2 parts, it may not save weight but 2 less things to get lost. i'll be looking for them to come in thanks

Traveler
2009.06.25, 12:59 PM
CT, EMU, Pedro, or others,

I could use some help in selecting the best parts to go with these QteQ diff parts. :confused: Plan to use this diff on my stock 70 turn car. Here is what I have available:

Shafts - 3R Ti and ATM Ti
Spurs - Kyosho black, ATM 43t black, ATM 43t white, 3R black, PN 44t
Rings - PN v2, 3R
Balls - Avid and PN (both ceramic)

My thinking is 3R Ti shaft + K spur + 3R rings + Avid bearings

Any better combinations with available parts??? Thanks!

EMU
2009.06.25, 01:59 PM
This is what I have in my diff...

3Racing shaft
PN 64p 52t spur
Kyosho rings
Reflex balls
Kyosho 0-ring

The PN v2 rings wont work. They have the D slot, where you need perfectly round plates. CT mentioned that the 3Racing plates work well, since they are thicker than the Kyosho. I just got a new 3Racing diff in, to strip for the plates.

The Kyosho spur shouldnt need any modification to the pressure plate to use. However, with the 70t motor, 64p is almost a necessity. If you are going to stay 48p, use the Kyosho spur with kyosho rings.

For shaft, the 3Racing is considerably cheaper than any other ti-shaft on the market. The new PN aluminum shaft is claimed to be the lightest shaft out there, so that is what I plan to make my next diff with.

I also use a tiny bit of glue between the diff halves and the rings, just to keep them from slipping. I apply it with a toothpick, and spin the ring on the diff half until it bonds. That ensures that it is well seated and level.

Traveler
2009.06.25, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the quick reply and tip on using glue. I have the PN 64p set, with the 53t spur on a 3R diff that I run in my 70 turn car with a 12t pinion for a 4.417 ratio. With the K 44t spur and a 10t pinion, I will have a ratio of 4.400 on the QteQ diff which should be very similar.

Very excited about getting these QteQ parts!

Thanks again!

EMU
2009.06.25, 02:30 PM
What motormount are you planning to use? You might be very tight on space with the 44/10 ratio. It may be a similar ratio, however, the 64p has less drag.

Traveler
2009.06.25, 02:34 PM
Hadn't considered that. I have 2 70 turn cars. One with PN 98-102 mm LCG v4 pod and the other with PN 94-98 mm LCG v1 pod. Both are 98mm WB cars.

pedrocamp
2009.06.25, 05:27 PM
I would go with the 64P, because of what EMU said - less drag, the pinion and spur just match up nicer. You also have many more gearing options. I am going with the Kyosho rings, a bit of sanding but thinner than 3R thus lighter. I am also betting the surface hardening on the rings is better, need to put them in the Rockwell tester some time. I glue my rings to the halves as well.

Traveler
2009.06.25, 06:23 PM
Thanks guys! I was hoping to build the QteQ diff from available parts, because I added up what I've spent on diffs and diff parts and the total was staggering!:eek:

Sounds like I need some Kyosho rings.

color01
2009.06.25, 09:26 PM
Paid you, Cristian, thanks!

Regarding the 64p gears... the gear ratio selection is what sells me, but I think that the Pro-Match pinions have a better mesh, and the car's quieter and smoother with them. Or maybe I'm just really bad at setting gear mesh. :rolleyes:

chad508
2009.06.25, 09:27 PM
i think im missing something on the qteq drive shafts. when i look at the pics what is the hex thing on the shaft closes to the drive side. also i did not see any threads on the shaft for the part to tighten are loosing the diff. are the pics just not showing the threads?

Traveler
2009.06.25, 09:29 PM
I use the ProMatch pinions (thanks to a tip from CT a while back) and I really like the mesh. Haven't been able to get the same results with 64p yet.

EMU
2009.06.25, 09:30 PM
Chad, those are gear diff shafts. For the stock gear diffs. I need to get one for a small track car. Should be very light, and give the cars more turn in than any ball diff has.

chad508
2009.06.26, 08:32 AM
Chad, those are gear diff shafts. For the stock gear diffs. I need to get one for a small track car. Should be very light, and give the cars more turn in than any ball diff has.

sorry i meant gear dif shaft. i just did not see any threads on the shaft for the diff adjusting piece. i figured the hex was used the same way as the locking pin on other shafts.

Traveler
2009.06.26, 08:40 AM
Chad,

Those shafts are for the gear diffs that come on the cars out for the box. You know, the big white or black gear thats kinda noisy until you open it up and lube the small gears inside? Gear diffs are not adjustable. These shafts replace the stock shafts that come on the gear diffs. You can't use these shafts on ball diffs which is what I think you are talking about.

Hope this helps!

ocean rodeo
2009.06.27, 08:39 PM
I received my QteQ parts today. Thanks Christian for the speedy shipping.

chad508
2009.06.27, 11:13 PM
Chad,

Those shafts are for the gear diffs that come on the cars out for the box. You know, the big white or black gear thats kinda noisy until you open it up and lube the small gears inside? Gear diffs are not adjustable. These shafts replace the stock shafts that come on the gear diffs. You can't use these shafts on ball diffs which is what I think you are talking about.

Hope this helps!

i see, thanks for the info. i havent ran one in so long forgot thats how they worked. also thanks emu i just wasnt putting 2 and 2 together from your reply.

another question i received my diff parts and new pn light weight shaft. any special info as far as removing the pin from the old shaft to put in new shaft?

Traveler
2009.06.27, 11:19 PM
I was hoping my parts would be here today but no such luck :(

Sometimes the pins slide out easily, other times they need a little help, like from a flat nose plier. Just be careful not to damage the shaft or the pin.

While I was out of town this week, my 3x Ti 3r shafts arrived. I just upgraded 2 3r diffs to Ti shafts and 64p spurs (52 and 53 teeth) and the 3rd shaft is waiting on the QteQ parts!

color01
2009.06.28, 08:04 AM
Cristian, USPS says my package has arrived -- however, I gave you the wrong address. :o So I'll test the Qteq parts out as soon as I have them sent to my current Pasadena address, cheers! ;)

MantisMMA
2009.06.28, 08:57 AM
i see, thanks for the info. i havent ran one in so long forgot thats how they worked. also thanks emu i just wasnt putting 2 and 2 together from your reply.

another question i received my diff parts and new pn light weight shaft. any special info as far as removing the pin from the old shaft to put in new shaft?

the new PN shaft does not come with a pin??

chad508
2009.06.28, 09:59 AM
the new PN shaft does not come with a pin??

mine did not. and i have all my qteq parts but have not installed them yet. should have time today to get them installed

B-main
2009.06.28, 02:24 PM
do you sell just the flanged wheel nut that QteQ makes if so can i have the link please ..thanks

chad508
2009.06.28, 08:44 PM
do you sell just the flanged wheel nut that QteQ makes if so can i have the link please ..thanks

i was told they do no have it yet but it should be on the next order he makes

EMU
2009.06.28, 09:26 PM
As far as I know, Qteq does not sell that piece seperately. It comes with the left wheel hub if I remember correctly.

B-main
2009.06.28, 10:01 PM
As far as I know, Qteq does not sell that piece seperately. It comes with the left wheel hub if I remember correctly.

cool i got all the QteQ diff parts and the 3racing diff .and pn 64p gear set

chad508
2009.06.29, 09:43 AM
cool i got all the QteQ diff parts and the 3racing diff .wootwoot that means i dont have to pay shipping on one wheel nut sweet

i got my left hub and there was no left wheel nut.

B-main
2009.06.29, 01:35 PM
i called reflex .no wheel nut with any diff part .thay will have them in 2 weeks

MantisMMA
2009.06.29, 01:51 PM
the wheel nut is a seperate item. dont know why but it is!!

ocean rodeo
2009.06.29, 05:54 PM
Why would there be a wheel nut with these parts?

EMU
2009.06.29, 07:13 PM
The wheel nut replaces the bushing in the left wheel. With the Qteq parts, you dont use any bushings in the left wheel, reducing weight.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27575&stc=1&d=1246317073

You can see one wheel nut has the beveled insert for the wheel...

ocean rodeo
2009.06.29, 08:28 PM
WTH!! I want one of those. Mine didn't come with one either.

CristianTabush
2009.06.29, 10:40 PM
AGAIN, the part above is NOT CARRIED by Reflex at the Time. Look at the images on the site and this can be clarified. The image EMU posted is NOT on our site.

CristianTabush
2009.06.29, 10:41 PM
The wheelnut is not called a "flanged" nut, it is named the wheel Clevis set (QteQ's name for it) A flanged nut is not tapered as this hub set is. It will become available soon, but it is not sold separately. It only comes as a set just like the one pictured above.

On a good note, I will talk to QteQ and see if they can start selling the Clevis set without the Hub. We'll see...

EMU
2009.06.30, 05:28 AM
CT, I think that they have a set of 2x clevis nuts... so you should be able to get them seperately.

I should have made it clearer that the image I used was not on Reflex, but should be available soon... When it is available at Reflex, I am going to pick up a few :p

Traveler
2009.06.30, 05:57 AM
My diff parts arrived yesterday.:D Very good looking. I built the diff last night and is looks and feels great. Used black Kyosho spur and rings with Avid balls. Will put in a car today to test.

Traveler
2009.06.30, 09:22 AM
Has anyone used the spacers that come with the left hub? Are they required, or just provided to shim the diff if necessary? Thanks!

CristianTabush
2009.06.30, 11:02 AM
EMU, thanks for trying to help, but your information is incorrect. This is not your fault though, as there are pictures on THEIR site of this. Unfortunately, in their product catalog, they no longer offer them by themselves. The only way they are available is in a set, as stated above.

ocean rodeo
2009.06.30, 04:38 PM
WTH!! I want one of those. Mine didn't come with one either.

This is my attempt at being humorous. Christian I know that the clevis was not included in the parts I ordered just to clear that up. If you do get them in stock please hit me up.
Thomas

EMU
2009.06.30, 05:47 PM
CT, sorry if my information was incorrect. I was going on what I was seeing elsewhere... I guess they have changed their marketing strategy.

Please let us know when they will be available, I will definitely pick up a bunch from Reflex ;)

CristianTabush
2009.06.30, 10:50 PM
No problem, I am in contact with them in order to make these available by themselves. I just want to make sure that people are clear with what is included with the parts. I received several inquiries about these citing the forums as somewhere where they had seen them come together.

Traveler
2009.06.30, 11:05 PM
Has anyone used the spacers that come with the left hub? Are they required, or just provided to shim the diff if necessary? Thanks!

Comments on this?

CristianTabush
2009.07.01, 01:44 AM
"Has anyone used the spacers that come with the left hub? Are they required, or just provided to shim the diff if necessary? Thanks!"

I think you answered it for yourself already. ;)

MantisMMA
2009.07.01, 12:35 PM
Comments on this?

i could only use one of them on my car , if i installed both of them the hub would no line up with the flat on the shaft making the fit too tight.

CristianTabush
2009.07.01, 02:38 PM
Marcus, if you are installing just one, I would check to see if your diff is centered. I don't even use the shims. they are used just in case you have too much play side to side.

MantisMMA
2009.07.01, 03:58 PM
Your correct, i didnt really need it but it fits just inside the outbearing lip! had to try it!LOL

Traveler
2009.07.01, 09:17 PM
i could only use one of them on my car , if i installed both of them the hub would no line up with the flat on the shaft making the fit too tight.

I had the same problem, which is what made me wonder why they were provided. The quality and finish on these parts are so good, I figured there had to be a good reason for them that I was missing.

CristianTabush
2009.07.01, 10:06 PM
Main reason is different motor pods as well as axles are different widths. Also, by putting 1 washer on each side, you make the rear track of the car slightly wider.

racerlog
2009.07.11, 11:18 PM
does anyone have a manufacture/part number (or required size) for the necessary axle pin that the inner hub rests on? i built up a new drive train using the pn super light axle and the Qteq right and left hubs but was missing the axle pin (i don't have any spare axles). thankfully i was able to borrow one from JuniorWKR on thursday. thanks again JR.

joey
2009.07.11, 11:39 PM
does pn sell the pin seperate? i could use one for another diff i want to build this week.

chad508
2009.07.11, 11:52 PM
does anyone have a manufacture/part number (or required size) for the necessary axle pin that the inner hub rests on? i built up a new drive train using the pn super light axle and the Qteq right and left hubs but was missing the axle pin (i don't have any spare axles). thankfully i was able to borrow one from JuniorWKR on thursday. thanks again JR.

this sounds odd but i used a 1/8 scale r/c body pin. the ones i had were perfect thickness just used my drimel to cut it to length.

racerlog
2009.07.13, 07:53 PM
chad - which buggy did the body pins come from? I'm going to try some associated 1/12th and xray t2 body post pins tonight. I'd probably buy a third diff set but I cannot use my second set still.

chad508
2009.07.13, 07:55 PM
chad - which buggy did the body pins come from? I'm going to try some associated 1/12th and xray t2 body post pins tonight. I'd probably buy a third diff set but I cannot use my second set still.

mine was from a losi 8t. but any of the good heavy duty body pins would be the same. but there are thinner pins that come with traxaz are cheaper cars that would not work.

hpgod
2009.07.15, 07:11 AM
I did the same thing. I used a bolink 1/10 bosy clip cut down from one of my old 1/10th scales.

pedrocamp
2009.07.16, 06:21 AM
I used a pin I found in my 10th scale box, I think it was a belt drive pin or a wheel hex drive pin. Check the pegboard at your LHS... though I think PN ought to supply or at least sell this pin.