PDA

View Full Version : ATOMIC Grand Prix carpet Tracking available Soon

HKSHOBBY
2009.06.17, 07:48 AM
The pictures is for you reference, the track is public for testing in Suzuki car show.

MikeL
2009.06.17, 08:12 AM
hmm thats interesting, how is the grip compared to rcp?

imxlr8ed
2009.06.17, 10:32 AM
Hmmmm... not sure if a grey surface is the best choice but I guess as long as it's washable, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Wow... are those Autoscale SX4s on the track?

-J-
2009.06.17, 12:21 PM
hmm thats interesting, how is the grip compared to rcp?

I think it is RCP. ;) But really, over on tinyrc, RCP mentioned the were coming out with a carpet type track for the dNaNo/mini-z. Could this be an experiment to see how well mini-z runs on a surface like this. After all, the rails and rail pins looks awfully familiar.

MikeL
2009.06.17, 01:10 PM
I think it is RCP. ;) But really, over on tinyrc, RCP mentioned the were coming out with a carpet type track for the dNaNo/mini-z. Could this be an experiment to see how well mini-z runs on a surface like this. After all, the rails and rail pins looks awfully familiar.

Look at the title and look at the pics, it's an rcp type type with carpet on top, I'm curious how smooth the joints are with these and if you have to worry about them peeling at the edges.

Cherub1m
2009.06.17, 01:50 PM
Hmm... I thought the new Miniz carpet tracks had no visible joints (maybe its the Dnano version). Well, this looks like carpet on an RCP track. I wonder if the other side is the smooth or textured RCP:D.

I think the same issues (its not a big issue, just a little one:D) that RCP has with the joints moving and being uneven at times will befall this set-up also. But I think the AWD will love this carpet even more:D.

I am also wondering what traction will be like. Also, I wonder about durability and cost.

Last but not least should we expect all atomic races to be on this set up in the near future?

Tjay
2009.06.17, 02:21 PM
Take a closer look at the track. The connection in between tiles has this 1-2 mm gap that on a 1/1 scale is like driving a 300mph car and then onto a sidewalk curb... lots of 'em.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27493&d=1245239240

This is just another RCP type track... there's no consistency in this. However, it doesn't have the grain like the rcp does, which also leads to inconsistency.

Hong Kong already have an awesome track... carpet. Why down grade?

MikeL
2009.06.17, 02:40 PM
black borders are pimp though, should sneek a few on an rcp track, I bet everyone would tag that corner. :)

RussF
2009.06.17, 03:16 PM
I like it. I dont think the gaps look any bigger than RCP gaps. It would be fun to try. PN makes carpet tires. It would be nice not to have all that RCP dust all over the car after running a race. Textured RCP on the flip side would be killer. The best of both worlds.

hrdrvr
2009.06.17, 03:39 PM
^ Instead of RCP dust you get little carpet thread all up in your diffs and bearings, lol. There are advantaghes and disadvantages to both.

I dont think Ill try this product though, as my favorite part about the carpet track was the unlimited layout options (based on modular walls), and no tile gaps. This wont be any more consistant then RCP as the gaps/joints are what makes the stuff inconsistant, IMO.

imxlr8ed
2009.06.17, 04:06 PM
I guess we'll all know in time what these tracks will put up with over a period of race time and abuse. I just hope this one holds up to being stepped on occasionally... I guess that's why I asked about the color, seems like it would get very grungy looking over time.

RCPMini-z
2009.06.17, 07:27 PM
This is NOT an RCP track product. This is a China copy. If it is sold here in the USA, it will infringe on our Patent and we will serve notice without hesitation to anyone that sells it.

arch2b
2009.06.17, 10:03 PM
This is NOT an RCP track product. This is a China copy. If it is sold here in the USA, it will infringe on our Patent and we will serve notice without hesitation to anyone that sells it.

PLEASE take note of what RCP is telling you. this is very important information for domestic members and or where patent laws are applicable.

as a manufacturer (RCP), i can certainly understand the concern. in case people are not aware, the auto industry is also fighting a serious clone war with chinese manufacturers that are blatantly cloning domestic and ue cars.

that being said, i feel that as a news resource, we are obligated to cover product news, clones and all just as auto sites do for cars. covering global products does not condone illegal purchase of them.