PDA

View Full Version : Throttle burst when turning on

ZachRS
2009.06.28, 09:03 PM
Alright this is focused more on the settings of my MA-010 2.4ghz car.

When I turn my remote on and then turn my car on, the car has a burst of speed to it and then it quits the burst of speed and runs fine.Its getting kind of annoying to me and I have looked over the manual and tried to see if there troublshooting for it but found nothing on it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also how could I go about to fix this ?

cowboysir
2009.06.28, 09:11 PM
some boards do it and some boards don't.

there is no fix as far as i know (somebody else might).

you're going to have to live with it.

EMU
2009.06.28, 09:13 PM
This used to happen all the time with AM PCB's with fet modifications. It occasionally happens with 2.4 PCB's. As far as I know, there really isnt a problem, besides it giving a burst of throttle when turning on. I always do that manually as soon as I turn the car on anyway...

Do you turn on the TX before the car? What TX are you using? What throttle trim setting are you using?

ZachRS
2009.06.28, 09:28 PM
I always turn the Perfex KT-18 radio on first before the car. I have no idea that the throttle trim is set to because there's on indication like the AM radio's had. I do know this though, my forward setting is considerably faster then my reverse setting.

Do you think it could be fixed with the I.C.S KOPROPO software?

color01
2009.06.28, 10:51 PM
I can check it out for you when I go to Kenon -- my ASF AWD also has this initial startup throttle thing, but it's intermittent, and doesn't affect any driving afterwards.

Fovea3d
2009.06.29, 10:45 AM
I may be wrong but I think the initial burst is a normal engine checkup option that can be turned on or off with the ICS cable. I recall someone turned it off on one of my cars with his cable (I don't have the cable myself).

WhiteSatin
2009.06.29, 01:58 PM
I receive a tiny, sometimes even not at all, burst from both of my cars. This changed though when I removed the switch from one and hardwired the connection. When I put the last battery in, I get a huge throttle burst now.

Do you have a switch or no?

ZachRS
2009.06.29, 06:26 PM
I receive a tiny, sometimes even not at all, burst from both of my cars. This changed though when I removed the switch from one and hardwired the connection. When I put the last battery in, I get a huge throttle burst now.

Do you have a switch or no?

I do have my switch still. And you know now that you mentioned you get a tiny burst of speed. Mine also does that as well but mostly the full throttle burst. I just kind of find it odd that it does that. I wouldnt remove my switch though with any of my cars or future 2.4 ones, their just tooo nice.

I got a Dnano being that its 2.4ghz I thought it would do the same thing but it doesnt do anything except for servo noise when turned on