PDA

View Full Version : *Help* 2.4ghz install problem

Faze
2009.07.02, 07:58 PM
I was almost nearing the completion of installing my 2.4ghz conversion kit into my MA010, and I ran into a little problem. There seems to be solder built up in one of the holes that you're supposed to secure the board to the chassis with and the little peg won't fit through it. What do you suggest I do? I don't want to ruin the board, so I'm being extra cautious. What would you recommend I do to address the problem?

Here is a picture of what I am talking about (It's the hole on the top right of the board):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/xoxide/DSC02560.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

davskee
2009.07.02, 08:12 PM
If your worried just get your iron and a copper wick and remove the it

Faze
2009.07.02, 08:19 PM
If your worried just get your iron and a copper wick and remove the it

That's what I was planning on doing, I just wasn't sure if I could possibly mess anything up doing that. Haha. I'm a noob when it comes to electronics. I just spent a lot of money, and I don't want to mess this up. Hahaha.

Thanks davskee!

ianc
2009.07.02, 09:49 PM
Do what Dave suggests, or just get a small round or half round file and run it up and down the hole until it fits if that scares you. Dave's method is probably faster...

ianc

herman
2009.07.03, 02:19 AM
i kinda third davskee's suggestion... if you're not too sure, you could probably have somebody else do it for you...
one thing though... make sure it doesn't jump onto any of the leads/wires... it may cause a short... good luck...

Faze
2009.07.03, 10:53 AM
The solder wick did the trick (no rhyme intended, haha). I got it all hooked up and working. I love it!

davskee
2009.07.06, 11:35 PM
Glad it worked out for ya!