PDA

View Full Version : Mini-z Club-track in Holland NL

eztuner12
2009.07.03, 02:15 PM
Hi to all.

By the end of this month, I indent to travel to Holland and will spend about 4 to 6 weeks at that beautiful country.

Since I will have, much spare time I will bring with me my Mini-z 4wd, that is, if there is a shop with a club & track in which I can run.
Any of you members, to this forum is acquainted with a track facility at Holland???
If you do, please post the necessary info so that I can reach it in line to engage contact before I go and take my Mini-z equipment all the way:eek:. I’ll absolutely appreciate any input.:):D

Advanced thxx for any info provided.;)

Have a great day!
Cheers

EMU
2009.07.04, 11:08 AM
Where are you planning to go in NL? I know there are a couple clubs there, but not sure where they are. I know there are a couple Dutch racers on the forums here, they should be able to help ou out...

I wish I was going there for a few weeks, its a great country... I havent been there in a few years, but have visited many times before.

eztuner12
2009.07.04, 07:13 PM
Hi Eugene,;)
I’ll be in Amsterdam.
Just to be near the fun area, oh yeah!
Yep totally agree it is beautiful place, great bar’s the food is superb and so ooonnn…:D
I just love to go @ in bike and enjoy it as a native.
I have a few good friends there but they are not into Mini-z, and don’t know anything about tracks facilities for Mini-zs. They are acquainted with beer bowling and slot cars.:)

Cheers

EMU
2009.07.05, 12:03 AM
My father was born in Rotterdam, raised in Amsterdam/Amstelveen. I have visited it many times. Great city. I spent an entire summer working as a builder on the Kerkstraat and Spiegelgracht when I was 15 years old. It was my best summer vacation that I have ever had. I went home with more $ than when I left, and had amazing weekend boat trips with my uncle every week. I was the primary pilot for the 15 meter river boat, while he worked on the construction plans for the buildings we were working on.

After work, I would go to the museum plein (behind the Rijks museum), and rollerblade on the half pipes that they had there. Sadly, they cut down both half pipes the day that my flight was leaving. They added a full metal half pipe to the renovated park, but it was not the same, and I think it doesnt get much use.

Last time I visited was when my cousin got married, which was 2002. I really miss it, and plan to visit if I go to the PN race in Barcelona later this year. Half of my extended family lives in NL, so I really want to see them while I still can.

The best way to see the city, even the country, is by bicycle. It is amazing that you can travel the country easily by bicycle, without having to ride on roads with cars.

I hope there is some good Mini-Z racing there... I know that there are a few 1/10 tracks... Appeldoorn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0DlGgVCOdI&feature=related) and Heemstede (http://www.youtube.com/user/RedRCLive#play/uploads/45/xq8JTMBQSWc)

eztuner12
2009.07.05, 12:24 PM
My father was born in Rotterdam, raised in Amsterdam/Amstelveen. I have visited it many times. Great city. I spent an entire summer working as a builder on the Kerkstraat and Spiegelgracht when I was 15 years old. It was my best summer vacation that I have ever had. I went home with more $ than when I left, and had amazing weekend boat trips with my uncle every week. I was the primary pilot for the 15 meter river boat, while he worked on the construction plans for the buildings we were working on.

After work, I would go to the museum plein (behind the Rijks museum), and rollerblade on the half pipes that they had there. Sadly, they cut down both half pipes the day that my flight was leaving. They added a full metal half pipe to the renovated park, but it was not the same, and I think it doesnt get much use.

Last time I visited was when my cousin got married, which was 2002. I really miss it, and plan to visit if I go to the PN race in Barcelona later this year. Half of my extended family lives in NL, so I really want to see them while I still can.

The best way to see the city, even the country, is by bicycle. It is amazing that you can travel the country easily by bicycle, without having to ride on roads with cars.

I hope there is some good Mini-Z racing there... I know that there are a few 1/10 tracks... Appeldoorn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0DlGgVCOdI&feature=related) and Heemstede (http://www.youtube.com/user/RedRCLive#play/uploads/45/xq8JTMBQSWc)

Hi Eugene.
I know Rotterdam. Any time I go to Amsterdam I travel by train, usually from Belgium and we go by Rotterdam, in occasions we stay for a few days. I do like very much Holland:), if I had to live in Europe, surly that would be the place, no droughts.

At FB I just engaged with and very old friend from Amsterdam Ed Franchimon. Hi used to be my Food & Beverage assistant at the time I work for Sheraton hotels. Later became my executive Chef, when I was the GM at Boca Chica Resort, He is one of my best friends and an extremely good Chef. Now he has its own Business in Amsterdam, related with his career and works along with Jaime Oliver a celebrity Britannic Chef on TV.

Yep bicycle is the way to go totally agree….:):):):D

Cheers